11-15-2013 08:18 PM
419 ... 1314151617
tools
    Gollum - your more than welcome to become an Australian Citizen :P
    Our government foots the initial bill of our higher education, e.g. mine is $30,000 (for the whole degree) as a domestic student (international students cost a fair bit more) and the only time I have to repay it slowly is when I earn about $45,000+ and a few percent of your wage goes to paying it off. There is no interest on the loan from the government, only inflation - best bit is if you put a $500+ deposit on it they say you paid 10% extra e.g. if during the year you earned 45k you put 5k towards it they say you paid 5.5k that year.

Secondly - if you lets say go to X uni here and you decided to do 6 months in the US lets say Penn State - they will pay the Penn State fee's for you, except for boarding,
    10-17-2013 07:31 AM
    Now the president... I stomp my feet and say I won I won you have to do it my way. Trouble is Boehner and house republicans won too, the people put them in charge of the purse strings. No more my way or the highway.
    I think most Americans favor opposing parties in the government. This way a single party won't have all the power. Both sides need to learn how to work together.
    10-22-2013 07:17 PM
    If I was the president I'd start with using my resources to build many large state owned companies (this will create many jobs-could reduce crime and strengthen the economy) once these businesses are standing strong and making good profit I'd use the profit and state resources to build more even larger companies, it would be an ongoing cycle but the idea is that the government could become self sufficient relying only on the profit of its state owned businesses to run the country...tax would become irrelevant and abolished. Wish the government of RSA would do this.
    10-24-2013 02:10 AM
    Id fix the debt quite easily. Cut foreign aid in half, close all military bases that aren't in active conflict zones. Impose a steep import tarrif, tax cuts for businesses that bring jobs back to America. The import tariff would have to happen gradually to allow businesses to move back stateside.

Posted via Android Central App
    stalemate1 likes this.
    10-24-2013 02:10 PM
    Both sides need to learn how to work together.
    Regretfully, will never ever ever happen. Human nature strikes again.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-24-2013 06:13 PM
    My first act as president would be to take the 1937 MJ tax act, and roll a fatty with it, then I'd put the roach out on Harry J Anslinger's grave.

My reasons are not simply for all-out legalization. I would have a well regulated system in place mirrored on the country's alcohol laws. Also, for anyone who has read "the emperor wears no clothes" you will understand, no doubt, what re-legalizing the hemp industry would mean for this country. If you haven't read it, please educate yourself on the matter. Simply put, hemp could help this country's financial situation more than any other one plant known to man. Its uses are too many to count.....and no, it can't get you high. But that doesn't mean marijuana doesn't have a place in society when it is responsibly used.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-24-2013 06:28 PM
    Id fix the debt quite easily. Cut foreign aid in half, close all military bases that aren't in active conflict zones. Impose a steep import tarrif, tax cuts for businesses that bring jobs back to America. The import tariff would have to happen gradually to allow businesses to move back stateside.

Tariffs can worsen the economy and consumer buying ability. Governments tend to avoid tariffs at all costs. As for foreign aid per capita the US doesn't do the most and to be honest - that could result in thrbus getting less aid in its crisis's. If you deduced business tax wouldn't that then decline your income as the us labour would still be higher resulting in a lower profit margin.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-24-2013 09:23 PM
    Tariffs can worsen the economy and consumer buying ability. Governments tend to avoid tariffs at all costs. As for foreign aid per capita the US doesn't do the most and to be honest - that could result in thrbus getting less aid in its crisis's. If you deduced business tax wouldn't that then decline your income as the us labour would still be higher resulting in a lower profit margin.

The U.S. paid to rebuild europe after ww. Those military bases brought in money to local economies during the cold war and we paid to keep the peace.( We bankrupted the soviets in the 80s. No one else did.) We did the same in korea. Our money helped pakistan and egypt and backbones the israeli military. We don't have the lionshare of foreign aid. You are dreaming. Plus we pay more than enough for the toothless u.n. and are stuck hosting it. Earthquakes and tsunamis our military shows up to do the heavy lifting and hospital ships. We don't do as much as others...guess again. At least 32 countries are free because of a majority of American blood. That is foreign aid.
    Go to Normandy some time and look at the American graves.(Travel europe and north africa and visit the American grave s. )Then tell us someone else does more in foreign aid.
    What about the money pres. Bush poured into Africa to help fight aids. Guess that does not count. Guess some other country did that too...guess again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-25-2013 07:41 AM
    The U.S. paid to rebuild europe after ww. Those military bases brought in money to local economies during the cold war and we paid to keep the peace.( We bankrupted the soviets in the 80s. No one else did.) We did the same in korea. Our money helped pakistan and egypt and backbones the israeli military. We don't have the lionshare of foreign aid. You are dreaming. Plus we pay more than enough for the toothless u.n. and are stuck hosting it. Earthquakes and tsunamis our military shows up to do the heavy lifting and hospital ships. We don't do as much as others...guess again. At least 32 countries are free because of a majority of American blood. That is foreign aid.
    Go to Normandy some time and look at the American graves.(Travel europe and north africa and visit the American grave s. )Then tell us someone else does more in foreign aid.
    What about the money pres. Bush poured into Africa to help fight aids. Guess that does not count. Guess some other country did that too...guess again.

This may **** off some people but I also think Israel can handle itself by now. They've got a great military and a lot of our technology. A country can be an ally without us giving them copious amounts of money. Iran's nuclear capabilities are nil and I don't think the US should be funding and choosing sides in a no-resolution holy war.

10-25-2013 09:18 AM
    This may **** off some people but I also think Israel can handle itself by now. They've got a great military and a lot of our technology. A country can be an ally without us giving them copious amounts of money. Iran's nuclear capabilities are nil and I don't think the US should be funding and choosing sides in a no-resolution holy war.

Didn't the US make technically make the country of Israel? Why would we not stand by what we make?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    10-25-2013 12:43 PM

Really per capita for the last crisis (Tsunami's) we donated 8x the us from our government per capita. The us wasn't the only one paying after the ww, the states does not fund everything.

I have seen Normandy, its similar to our action in France (villers-brentonneux) which is home to 10,000 soldiers graves (even shown through N'oublions jamais l'Australie - never forget Australia, printed on all their classroom walls in Villers-Bretonneux).

Most countries can claim they gave freedom to another e.g. we claim PNG & parts of France. You realize any aid you go into as a nation were required to as well.

Norway actually donates the most per capita about 6x both our countries.

10-26-2013 03:12 AM
    Really per capita for the last crisis (Tsunami's) we donated 8x the us from our government per capita. The us wasn't the only one paying after the ww, the states does not fund everything.

I have seen Normandy, its similar to our action in France (villers-brentonneux) which is home to 10,000 soldiers graves (even shown through N'oublions jamais l'Australie - never forget Australia, printed on all their classroom walls in Villers-Bretonneux).

Most countries can claim they gave freedom to another e.g. we claim PNG & parts of France. You realize any aid you go into as a nation were required to as well.

Norway actually donates the most per capita about 6x both our countries.

Per capita does not mean a lot to me. No one is depending on Norway for security or the heavy lifting. Our navy was there for the tsunami and the haiti earthquake. We are always there with our citizens.

10-26-2013 08:18 AM
    If the amount of money they spend per person does not matter to you what does?
    Our soldiers go too? and we spend the same? Actually I think during the Tsnaumi our country of 20 million matched your government donation of 320 million :o Thats shocking!
    To be honest - sending citizens to help doesn't actually cost significant amounts to a economic budget in comparison to some large donations.

PS: Norway is in the middle east in response to 911. So much for them not doing much lifting, 911 wasn't their issue but they came out to help
    10-26-2013 08:23 AM
    If the amount of money they spend per person does not matter to you what does?
    Our soldiers go too? and we spend the same? Actually I think during the Tsnaumi our country of 20 million matched your government donation of 320 million :o Thats shocking!
    To be honest - sending citizens to help doesn't actually cost significant amounts to a economic budget in comparison to some large donations.

PS: Norway is in the middle east in response to 911. So much for them not doing much lifting, 911 wasn't their issue but they came out to help
    The reason I do not care as much about per capita is that certain things are not counted. The fuel for our helicopters is not counted. The time our military stays on station is not counted. The salaries of our military personnel is not counted. We pay for that.
    Libya was not our fight but our cruise missles did the job...why because sometimes size matters and we have more.
    I do not discount the sacrifices made by other soldiers but I know Americans are predominantly on the front lines. We can have support roles but we are always supplying the infantry soldiers as well.

10-27-2013 06:18 AM
    Regretfully, will never ever ever happen. Human nature strikes again.
    It's certainly a problem, but it's something we can't avoid.

If the people wanted one-party rule, they could have voted all Republican or all Democrat. That didn't happen. The politicians in Washington have no choice but to work together with both parties. If they don't, the people will just fire them at the next election.
    10-28-2013 09:50 PM
    It's certainly a problem, but it's something we can't avoid.

If the people wanted one-party rule, they could have voted all Republican or all Democrat. That didn't happen. The politicians in Washington have no choice but to work together with both parties. If they don't, the people will just fire them at the next election.
    It would be great if there was a genuine third option.

10-28-2013 10:25 PM
    Maybe get rid of party titles. Maybe that would actually get people to looking at what a person stands for instead of voting party lines. Most lines are blurry these days anyway.

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    qxr likes this.
    10-28-2013 10:29 PM
    Maybe get rid of party titles. Maybe that would actually get people to looking at what a person stands for instead of voting party lines. Most lines are blurry these days anyway.

I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! No more Democrats. No more Republicans.

Just individual PEOPLE with a plan.

qxr likes this.
    10-28-2013 10:38 PM
    A rose by any other name....

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-29-2013 08:49 AM
    As I understand it, candidates join a party to get funding. The political parties only endorse one candidate per election, but that candidate gets the full support of the party. So it would be difficult for an individual to run, but not impossible. I'm sure if you're wealthy, like Ross Perot, you could run.
    10-29-2013 03:00 PM
    Jesse Ventura had been saying this for a while. He despises the 2 party system. He did pretty good as MN governor, independent. I think he wants a run at Pres, but if you ask me he's fallen off the crazy train in the last few years.

qxr and Scott7217 like this.
    10-29-2013 10:03 PM
    It would be great if there was a genuine third option.
    That sounds like a good idea. What kind of platform would a third option run on? For example, the Democrats like big government. The Republicans like a smaller government. What could a third party promote?
    10-30-2013 01:11 PM
    That sounds like a good idea. What kind of platform would a third option run on? For example, the Democrats like big government. The Republicans like a smaller government. What could a third party promote?
    Revitalization of constitutional rights and government maybe? Transparency and actually mean it?

qxr and Scott7217 like this.
    10-30-2013 02:09 PM
    Revitalization of constitutional rights and government maybe? Transparency and actually mean it?
    Isn't that what the Republicans believe in?
    qxr likes this.
    10-30-2013 02:12 PM
    Isn't that what the Republicans believe in?
    Yes, suppose to be, but most people in power now are shunning the constitution at every turn. And no one has remotely come close to transparency.

qxr likes this.
    10-30-2013 02:34 PM
419 ... 1314151617