11-15-2013 08:18 PM
419 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Thank you deb. I know we have different systems but your expressing my point how taxes hurt the lower income groups who need every dollar a bit more then the wealthy.

I know Im willing to be taxed higher rate knowing that if I, family, friends or future family need gov assistance due to unforeseen events in the form of lower econ groups paying less tax or on wealth fair that it will be there to be used. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Here is an example of our current one - you're probably thinking why so much. PS here a lot of FiFo works do earn about 100k but they live in horrible conditions while working & life here is ridiculously expensive.
    On 100k you will pay $17,547 + (20,000 x 0.37) = 17,547 + 7200 = $24747 in Tax's thus a gross income of $75253 a year.

Personally I think a person on $24,000ish (min wage) a year should pay less someone earning 75k after tax... after all when the average house price is 550k thats 1,200 roughly fortnightly payments how the hell is someone on minimum wage meant to get by? they need all the money they can get. Not to mention, depending on your country students are in debt before they can get a job -> sorry engineering students your going to be in hell of time with 7,000 engineers sacked this year + plus the ones graduating and only 8 vacancies at companies nationwide. Have fun finding employment! (I am fortunate that I don't do engineering but mates haven't been so lucky)

Luckily over here I will be only about $30,000 (+ other expenses e.g books - which are roughly 200 a unit x 8 a year + student fee's etc) down which my government loans us with the only interest is inflation / without affecting our credit rating.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails You're now President of the United States-ddd.png ย 
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-23-2013 08:34 AM
    They don't pay 50%. Here how it works here.
    The first 18k you earn isn't taxed, the next let's say 32k is done at 10% the next 20k at 20% then over at 30%. I don't have the exact figures on me but if your earning 100K your not paying 30k in tax your paying 10% of 32k and 20% of 20k +30% of 30k.

I view lower eco groups need their money the most.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    I'm in Canada so it is different here. We get raped by our government. We are pretty much the highest taxed country in the world. And lucky for me I live-in the most expensive part of the country.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Fairclough, Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    07-23-2013 09:37 AM
    That sucks. Always wanted to visit there.
    Just think on how much you save in free health care

Aquila, jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    07-23-2013 09:52 AM
    That sucks. Always wanted to visit there.
    Just think on how much you save in free health care

This is true. We also have one if not the best lifestyles too. So there is a trade off. Australia is very close to us in tax and lifestyle. You'd adapt well. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    msndrstood and Fairclough like this.
    07-23-2013 10:15 AM
    Minus the temperature. I freeze at 3 degrees Celsius ha. Then again that's with about 200grams of clothing on at training.

As El Presidente I would invest in public transport.

A team mate won an interstate open men's trophy called the Presidents cup.... So his technically this years president.

msndrstood and badbrad17 like this.
    07-23-2013 06:40 PM
    Minus the temperature. I freeze at 3 degrees Celsius ha. Then again that's with about 200grams of clothing on at training.

As El Presidente I would invest in public transport.

A team mate won an interstate open men's trophy called the Presidents cup.... So his technically this years president.

Vancouver would be perfect. It rarely gets below freezing. And when it does it just means we have more room for our cold beer.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Fairclough and msndrstood like this.
    07-23-2013 10:24 PM
    Fix corporate welfare and use the funds to fix the education issues the US is having.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    07-24-2013 06:45 PM
    With all the discussion about welfare, food stamps, and the use/abuse going on. I thought this article would strengthen the case against fraud/abuse of the system. I honestly think there is more abuse than people realize.

New York food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti - NYPOST.com
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-24-2013 11:07 PM
    I can I agree with some things, but making the the primary language English? Seriously!? That's the worst thing I've possibly heard! The U.S. is a very diverse culturally diverse country. It'd be a mistake for people to adapt to the government when it should be the other way around.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non linear, non subjective point of view its more like a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." - the Doctor
    Not to mention its a freeking working skill to be biligual. Ridiculous! Children should be learning a second language in elementary school. We shouldnt coddle racists because they refuse to accept simple facts.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    Oofa likes this.
    07-25-2013 02:57 PM
    - Repeal obamacare. It was a half arsed attempt to try universal health care and it failed completely.
    - English and Spanish or another language would be taught to children in elementary/grade school. Being bilingual is a work/world skill. The sooner you learn the better.
    - Overhaul how corporations are taxes. All off shore holdings and earnings will be taxes because they are the reason so many Americans pay so many taxes.
    - Marriage will be available to all consenting adults.
    - Better college/trade work training experience in high school.
    - Marijuana will be legal to purchase and consume.
    - Lower the drinking age back to 18. If you're going to abuse alcohol, you'll do it at any age.
    - Abortion will be a decision left to a female and their doctor. The misogyny and miseducation needs to stop.
    - Politicians will have a cap on campaign spending and donations. Rich politicians are abusing their power. Ie: Rick Perry restructuring Texas's abortion laws to benefit his sisters ambulatory company.
    - Unless you are disabled, you will be required by the states to work to receive benefits.
    - Stop rewarding people for having children with tax breaks.
    - Going back to the gold standard.

Sent via S3 โœŒ
    07-25-2013 03:17 PM
    I disagree.....all people should pay into the system, to know that they have a stake in how things are running. should those who are poor pay an undue amount? no! but everyone should have a responsibility and participation in the government. sure handing out free stuff to everyone in a country would be great, but how realistic is that. where does the money come from? stripping the wealth from the wealthy isn't enough to cover the bill. look at us in the US, the country is drowning in debt while participation in social programs is rising higher and higher. this is not sustainable. everyone needs to pony up and have "a horse in the race" so to speak. we need everyone in the US to rise up and demand that the government live within its means just like families do. clean up the wasteful spending of which there is way way too much. creating a lifestyle of dependence creates bondage to the system instead of self reliance. where has hard work and self respect gone?

wow, i thought i was pretty jaded...........but no not everyone donates just for a tax right off.......... there are many of the wealthy who donate, start foundations, etc, and all while they are being vilified for being successful, and told they aren't paying their "fair share".
    Having worked in NY state with tax claims, I find it disgusting that the elderly end up owing taxes on the measly $12000 they get in SS while the "rich" can afford accountants who know how to write off things to benefit them. Its not right. Yes they contribute quite more but when a person making $280/week working full time owes money and a person making $1000/week gets a hefty refund, who needs that refund more? It is impossible to move out of your parents house in NY working full time unless you make 20+ an hour or work about 115 hours a week on minimum wage.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-25-2013 03:23 PM
    Am I the only one who views the wealthy should pay mor?

E.g your first 20k isn't taxed next 20 at 5% next at 10 etc

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    Pay more? From what I have read, the wealthy pay over 60% off all the taxes in this country, while over 40% of Americans pay no tax at all. That is unfair to the wealthy. A flat tax system would ensure that everyone with any income would pay some taxes, and would still insure that the wealthy pay their fair share.
    badbrad17 and Live2ride883 like this.
    07-28-2013 08:34 PM
    Not to mention its a freeking working skill to be biligual. Ridiculous! Children should be learning a second language in elementary school. We shouldnt coddle racists because they refuse to accept simple facts.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    If everyone would learn English, as it was required in the past, you wouldn't need to be bilingual.
    07-28-2013 08:37 PM
    First, I would definitely get rid of Obamacare. It is probably the dumbest law that has been passed. Then, at some point, I would try to find a way to see Obama's college records. They must really be secret, seeing as he wouldn't release them, even with Donald Trump offering 5 million dollars to his favorite charity or charities if he did release them. That shows what he thinks of the charities.
    07-28-2013 08:47 PM
    First, I would definitely get rid of Obamacare. It is probably the dumbest law that has been passed. Then, at some point, I would try to find a way to see Obama's college records. They must really be secret, seeing as he wouldn't release them, even with Donald Trump offering 5 million dollars to his favorite charity or charities if he did release them. That shows what he thinks of the charities.
    Or what he thinks of Donald Trump. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-28-2013 09:08 PM
    Or what he thinks of Donald Trump. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Lol. If he doesn't like Trump, it seems that he would love to make him spend 5 million!
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-28-2013 09:36 PM
    If everyone would learn English, as it was required in the past, you wouldn't need to be bilingual.

Its a requirement to speak more than one language to join the CIA & FBI. I forgot the ENTIRE world spoke English. Oh wait, they DON'T. Oy vey.
    07-29-2013 10:32 AM
    What is the obsession with his college transcripts?

What about GWB military records? That seems a bit more relevant for the Commander in Chief than college transcripts. Why Obama but not Bush?

Now that's a mystery.

Sent via Note II
    07-29-2013 10:47 AM
    What is the obsession with his college transcripts?

What about GWB military records? That seems a bit more relevant for the Commander in Chief than college transcripts. Why Obama but not Bush?

Now that's a mystery.

Sent via Note II
    The mystery to me is why he wouldn't release his college records, when it would benefit his favorite charities to the tune of 5 MILLION dollars. You're correct, what is the big deal about his college records? That is what I am saying, what is he hiding to pass up 5 million dollars. And if it is true what I have read in the past, why did he go to college on a Kenyan passport, if he is a U.S. citizen?
    07-29-2013 12:22 PM
    Its a requirement to speak more than one language to join the CIA & FBI. I forgot the ENTIRE world spoke English. Oh wait, they DON'T. Oy vey.
    My bad. But how about Rosetta Stone courses if you need a second language? Then everyone wouldn't have to learn a second language to live in the U.S., but people who live in the U.S. would have to speak English.
    07-29-2013 12:26 PM
    My bad. But how about Rosetta Stone courses if you need a second language? Then everyone wouldn't have to learn a second language to live in the U.S., but people who live in the U.S. would have to speak English.
    Actually in most legitimate country's around the world, its a requirement to learn English. Because aside from Mandarin Chinese and Arabic, it is the most widely used language in the business world.

In all European country's it is mandatory, as well as all the 1st world and some 2nd world countries in Asia.

Most of the people that live here, that claim not to know English are actually probably lying. They are just using their first language as an advantage, because they know it isn't mandatory here to know a second language.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-29-2013 12:29 PM
    I have to say, I cannot see why every immigrant should HAVE to learn English. First of all, learning another language is a phenomenally difficult task, ESPECIALLY a language such as English. Not only that, but the older a person is, the more difficult it is. Also, what of the mentally challenged immigrants (Down Syndrome, etc)? Would that be fair to them? Hell no.

If you decided to move your family to China (i know you wouldn't), would you think you and your family should be required to learn Chinese? Do you even think you'd be able to?

You live in New York (where i grew up) and YOU are intolerable to immigrants not speaking English? That's the beauty of New York. All the world's culture is at your doorstep. I think it's something special. I moved to Atlanta just a few years ago, and nobody here knows anything about the rest of the world. It feels hollow and isolated, which to me, is quite boring.

jdbii, nolittdroid and Aquila like this.
    07-29-2013 01:22 PM
    I have to say, I cannot see why every immigrant should HAVE to learn English. First of all, learning another language is a phenomenally difficult task, ESPECIALLY a language such as English. Not only that, but the older a person is, the more difficult it is. Also, what of the mentally challenged immigrants (Down Syndrome, etc)? Would that be fair to them? Hell no.

If you decided to move your family to China (i know you wouldn't), would you think you and your family should be required to learn Chinese? Do you even think you'd be able to?

You live in New York (where i grew up) and YOU are intolerable to immigrants not speaking English? That's the beauty of New York. All the world's culture is at your doorstep. I think it's something special. I moved to Atlanta just a few years ago, and nobody here knows anything about the rest of the world. It feels hollow and isolated, which to me, is quite boring.

I think that it should be required for citizenship, as English is the nation's language. I do think that if I moved to China, that I would need to learn Chinese because it would be a hard row to hoe otherwise.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-29-2013 01:44 PM
    Then, at some point, I would try to find a way to see Obama's college records. They must really be secret, seeing as he wouldn't release them, even with Donald Trump offering 5 million dollars to his favorite charity or charities if he did release them. That shows what he thinks of the charities.
    Respectfully disagree pappy53 that this reflects in any way, shape, or form on how Obama feels towards charities. If I was President I most definitely would not be answering to the whims of Donald Trump or anybody else who made such an offer, including oil sheiks or any other tycoons from around the globe. I would refuse on a matter of principle that heads of state do not answer to the beck and call of private citizens on personal matters. If they are so important or nefarious then private citizens can lobby their congressional representatives to have a hearing and subpoena the records. There is Due Process for things like this and Donald Trump does not get to circumvent it. It also sets a bad precedent: If Obama was goaded into this game, then whats to stop the next person from making the same challenge?
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-29-2013 04:05 PM
    Respectfully disagree pappy53 that this reflects in any way, shape, or form on how Obama feels towards charities. If I was President I most definitely would not be answering to the whims of Donald Trump or anybody else who made such an offer, including oil sheiks or any other tycoons from around the globe. I would refuse on a matter of principle that heads of state do not answer to the beck and call of private citizens on personal matters. If they are so important or nefarious then private citizens can lobby their congressional representatives to have a hearing and subpoena the records. There is Due Process for things like this and Donald Trump does not get to circumvent it. It also sets a bad precedent: If Obama was goaded into this game, then whats to stop the next person from making the same challenge?
    07-29-2013 10:26 PM
419 ... 34567 ...