11-15-2013 08:18 PM
419 123 ...
tools
    What would you try to fix, accomplish, implement etc within your first month, first year, second year and so on.

Maybe something along the lines of the justice system, tax system, unemployment, education, the health industry, foreign policy and whatever else you'd want to tackle.

Please try to provide serious consideration to the responsibility that you would possess.

07-17-2013 06:57 PM
    Health care. Allow government runned free hospitals. This is for the US BTW. Simply America per capita has one of the most expensive systems in the world and not even near the best. Funny hey. Allowing a universal health care would allow all economic groups to be treated. Obviously there is delays for Minot things when serious operations occur first.

Common belief is doctors get a pay cut which isn't all necessary true they still make a few hundred thousand here.

For Australia, allow refugees in and allow them to do labour tasks during processing.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    07-17-2013 07:08 PM
    Please attempt to elaborate on replies if time allows. Thx.

07-17-2013 07:10 PM
    Day One: I'd close the doors. Everyone can gtfo.
    Day Two: Rename President to Emperor, hire Darth Vader
    Day Three: Kill all the rebels.
    Day Four: Margaritas
    07-17-2013 07:11 PM
    LOL, Matt, but seriously....

07-17-2013 07:16 PM
    First, I would make Hammy Hamster the president.
    Rename America, Hamster-Dam.

Await chaos.

Sent from nothing
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-17-2013 07:23 PM
    Deport Obama back to Kenya.
    Eliminate Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.
    Eliminate the IRS and goto a National Sales Tax.
    No benefits for illegal immigrants.
    Make English the official language of the US. Would push to make it unconstitutional to have states that require regular teachers to be bilingual. You learn to speak English.
    Pass laws that eliminate animal cruelty on the big corporate mega farms.
    Eliminate high fructose corn syrup from our food supply. Cut back on sugar.
    Free all people from prison that are incarcerated for simple possession of marijuana.
    Eliminate for profit prisons.
    Eliminate all laws against industrial hemp,(The four species that don't contain THC) and push to have hemp replace cotton.

That's just day one.
    07-17-2013 07:26 PM
    Seriously though, were I elected my first priority would be election reform. Put the people back into "of the People". All of them. Even the smelly ones.

Take money out of politics, campaign reform, work on increasing voter turnout and most importantly, voter education. I'd really push Congress to rewrite the electoral process in the Constitution to reflect a mathematically sound fair practice of elections that results in the best candidate that suits the most people, not a winner take all system.
    jdbii and karsdroid like this.
    07-17-2013 07:33 PM
    Invade Canada and force all their hockey players to play for Team USA.
    07-17-2013 07:37 PM
    Everyone is aware that laws require Congress to pass them and that the President has very little power in getting them to do so? Making this or that illegal will be very difficult without having Congress on your side. That's why I chose to be Emperor.
    msndrstood and badbrad17 like this.
    07-17-2013 07:40 PM
    Everyone is aware that laws require Congress to pass them and that the President has very little power in getting them to do so? Making this or that illegal will be very difficult without having Congress on your side. That's why I chose to be Emperor.
    I'd claim executive privilege and do wtf I want. Then I'd get the DOJ to write me a whole slew of legal opinions that justified I can do wtf I want. Then I'd have Darth Vader leak to the New York Times that Canada is on the verge of invading Texas (long-range amphibious assault like D-Day) in order to kidnap the Dallas Cowboy Chearleaders. Then I'd site the New York Times article as justification for preemptively invading Canada because you don't mess with Texas.
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    07-17-2013 07:50 PM
    Eliminate Homeland Security and the Patriot Act.
    Eliminate the IRS and goto a National Sales Tax.
    No benefits for illegal immigrants.
    Make English the official language of the US. Would push to make it unconstitutional to have states that require regular teachers to be bilingual. You learn to speak English.
    Pass laws that eliminate animal cruelty on the big corporate mega farms.
    Eliminate high fructose corn syrup from our food supply. Cut back on sugar.
    Free all people from prison that are incarcerated for simple possession of marijuana.
    Eliminate for profit prisons.
    Eliminate all laws against industrial hemp,(The four species that don't contain THC) and push to have hemp replace cotton.

That's just day one.
    I can I agree with some things, but making the the primary language English? Seriously!? That's the worst thing I've possibly heard! The U.S. is a very diverse culturally diverse country. It'd be a mistake for people to adapt to the government when it should be the other way around.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non linear, non subjective point of view its more like a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." - the Doctor
    nolittdroid, A895, Oofa and 1 others like this.
    07-17-2013 07:53 PM
    Jokes aside, I would do away with the annual State of the Union address as a live speech in front all the cameras and a joints session of Congress. I would just deliver a copy of the speech -- I guess it would be more of a statement, manifesto, or a letter -- to Congress the way it used to be done. The State of the Union speech serves no governmental function whatsoever, and it is just political theater that belongs on the campaign trail. Not to mention I also think it is quite dangerous to have 95 percent (or more) of the nation's leadership under one roof at the same time.
    07-17-2013 08:12 PM
    I am not a political junkie and do not know a lot about the U.S. Presidency since I am not originally from the U.S. (although am a U.S. military veteran) but I do know that unfortunately the U.S. President doesn't have the power it takes to change things around like I would like. I tend to think on a smaller scale than a President should but in my Presidential fantasies.........

1. Legalize marijuana and quit wasting our money on policing it.
    2. Allow all people to marry.
    3. Make reading and writing a mandatory school subject. People should at least be able to form complete, comprehensible sentences with proper grammar before they graduate from high school.
    4. Reform the tax laws...(I have no idea how but I know it's just out of whack now).
    5. Bring back the draft. You must serve your country, military or not, right after high school.
    6. No special benefits, from tax write offs to parking, for anyone that decides they want to have children. The more children you have, the more tax you should pay.
    7. Reform the education system. Teachers should work all year. Students should learn all year. Mandatory English/Spanish in every classroom. Every english speaker should learn spanish and every spanish speaker should learn english........ and throw in a little french for flare.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    07-17-2013 08:14 PM
    English already is the primary language. Your most important government document, state issued ID or driver license does not get printed in any other language other than English.
    However welfare stuff does get printed in quite a few languages.
    I believe one of the requirements for immigration should be to speak, read, and write English fluently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Mr.Willie and karsdroid like this.
    07-17-2013 08:15 PM
    I am not a political junkie and do not know a lot about the U.S. Presidency since I am not originally from the U.S. (although am a U.S. military veteran) but I do know that unfortunately the U.S. President doesn't have the power it takes to change things around like I would like. I tend to think on a smaller scale than a President should but in my Presidential fantasies.........

1. Legalize marijuana and quit wasting our money on policing it.
    2. Allow all people to marry.
    3. Make reading and writing a mandatory school subject. People should at least be able to form complete, comprehensible sentences with proper grammar before they graduate from high school.
    4. Reform the tax laws...(I have no idea how but I know it's just out of whack now).
    5. Bring back the draft. You must serve your country, military or not, right after high school.
    6. No special benefits, from tax write offs to parking, for anyone that decides they want to have children. The more children you have, the more tax you should pay.
    Great points. I like all your points except No. 6. I think people who have kids should get tax breaks and other benefits. We have a low birth rate in the US and we should be encouraging people to have children. We don't want to end up like Japan or other countries that have a negative birth rate.
    07-17-2013 08:20 PM
    I can I agree with some things, but making the the primary language English? Seriously!? That's the worst thing I've possibly heard! The U.S. is a very diverse culturally diverse country. It'd be a mistake for people to adapt to the government when it should be the other way around.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non linear, non subjective point of view its more like a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." - the Doctor
    Well, back in the day, when people migrated to the US legally, the first thing that they had to do was learn to speak English. While the US is the melting pot of the world, we don't need people trying to speak 10 different languages. Let's eliminate the fragmentation.
    karsdroid likes this.
    07-17-2013 08:24 PM
    Has he ever been to Kenya? I know he never visited his father there when his father moved there after divorcing his mother. I'm not sure if he's been there diplomatically or not or as an adult.
    07-17-2013 08:28 PM
    But this wouldn't stop me from giving George Zimmerman amnesty from federal prosecution or presidential pardon (if needed) at a future date.

Throw political pressure into firearms training/safety thru executive order by the CDC
    Stop the NSA from collecting all of our phone records.
    cdmjlt369 and Mr.Willie like this.
    07-17-2013 08:28 PM
    Has he ever been to Kenya? I know he never visited his father there when his father moved there after divorcing his mother. I'm not sure if he's been there diplomatically or not or as an adult.
    He went before entering college and again as a Senator. On his recent African trip, him and Michelle skipped Kenya. I understand that he grew up in Indonesia, but there was an interview with Michelle where she mentions their homeland, Kenya several times. A simple YouTube search will find it.
    07-17-2013 08:39 PM
    He went before entering college and again as a Senator. On his recent African trip, him and Michelle skipped Kenya. I understand that he grew up in Indonesia, but there was an interview with Michelle where she mentions their homeland, Kenya several times. A simple YouTube search will find it.
    That'd be an awesome place to visit. The only African places I've been are Cairo, Giza and Alexandria.
    07-17-2013 09:03 PM
    Great points. I like all your points except No. 6. I think people who have kids should get tax breaks and other benefits. We have a low birth rate in the US and we should be encouraging people to have children. We don't want to end up like Japan or other countries that have a negative birth rate.
    Our opposition, probably will be on power soon wants paid parental leave. So mother's when raising their child will be paid their normal wage capped at 70k to leave work to raise a child only if they intend to return to the work force. The wage will be paid by the government. At the moment it was a 2k pay out which just caused low eco groups to breed for money -_-

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    jdbii and badbrad17 like this.
    07-17-2013 09:09 PM
    That'd be an awesome place to visit. The only African places I've been are Cairo, Giza and Alexandria.
    I'd like to go to some of the wildlife preserves. Take in little poacher hunting while I am there.

I have a buddy that works in Madagascar, he's been trying to get me on, but it looks like they are going to keep the position vacant or do away with it.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-17-2013 09:11 PM
    I'd like to go to some of the wildlife preserves. Take in little poacher hunting while I am there.

I have a buddy that works in Madagascar, he's been trying to get me on, but it looks like they are going to keep the position vacant or do away with it.
    That'd be awesome. If I ever become Emperor I'll appoint you as Wildlife Ambassador to Madagascar for 6 months.
    Mr.Willie and badbrad17 like this.
    07-17-2013 09:16 PM
    You couldn't pay me enough to be president...

Cons:

You have no privacy.

People blame you for everything, since the dawn of creation apparently.

You have no real power while in office.

Congress likes to yank your chain because they can.

Pros:

You have a full time chef at your disposal.

You get to fly First Class.

Sent via Note II
    07-17-2013 09:58 PM
419 123 ...