08-18-2013 07:58 AM
32 12
tools
    I like having the homeless around. It makes me feel better about myself. Its like why hot women all have one ugly friend to make them look hotter.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-16-2013 06:21 AM
    I like having the homeless around. It makes me feel better about myself. Its like why hot women all have one ugly friend to make them look hotter.

Dumbing down is the new black.
    08-17-2013 10:36 AM
    What if they were given a place to stay and get cleaned up (and if needed, sobered up) while they found a job and got their feet under them? What's the cost of that relative to off-shipping, etc.?
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-17-2013 01:31 PM
    What if they were given a place to stay and get cleaned up (and if needed, sobered up) while they found a job and got their feet under them? What's the cost of that relative to off-shipping, etc.?
    Probably a lot, plus who is going to take care of them and keep an eye on them?

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App
    08-17-2013 03:30 PM
    Probably a lot, plus who is going to take care of them and keep an eye on them?
    I can't speak for all such programs, but the Hawaii specific program requires a housing/sheltering arrangement to be made before sending them off. They aren't going to ship the homeless to some random location, pinning a $20 on their chest, and wishing them the best of luck.
    08-17-2013 03:46 PM
    I can't speak for all such programs, but the Hawaii specific program requires a housing/sheltering arrangement to be made before sending them off. They aren't going to ship the homeless to some random location, pinning a $20 on their chest, and wishing them the best of luck.
    Wow.
    So that means the State of Hawaii just REFUSES to arrange for housing/sheltering in their own backyard. There can be no other reason, if they have no problem arranging it off their little paradise.

How far is this line of thinking from Hitler's line of thinking? Just get rid of all the unwanted people. Make them vanish.

That's why the problem needs to be fixed, not tossed. Next will be the terminally ill, the elderly, the amputees, anyone that doesn't know how to hula dance...

cdmjlt369 and GadgetGator like this.
    08-17-2013 06:47 PM
    If you actually speak to a homeless person some have interesting stories. There is one in my city who got fed up with working 9-5, paying the mortgage and walked away from society.

You'll find many had jobs, may of lost them, ended up homeless and let's face it many people won't hire the homeless thus they get stuck there. Pretty unfair.

There is 1 guy in my city everyone mistakes for being homeless as he walks around with a wheelbarrow, collecting stuff off the street and down the beach. Turns his well of, i mean very very well of. when his wife died he picked up a few issues and does these habits which make him look homeless.

I'm not sure the validity of this last one, my school claimed it. Apparently one homeless man here near my school was a millionaire but through bad business choices ended up bust and with no where to live.

Let's face it, homeless people are not a sub class of humans. Things happen to people and they loose their home. Doesn't make them any worse of a person, just there was no one else there out to help them when they went down...

GadgetGator likes this.
    08-18-2013 07:58 AM
32 12