10-24-2013 06:59 PM
65 123
tools
    To be honest sometimes its for the best e.g preventing asbestos.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-25-2013 08:10 AM
    To be honest sometimes its for the best e.g preventing asbestos.

I agree if something can be proven, without a doubt. A lot of this can't.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-25-2013 08:21 AM

I also hear people complaing about christianity, then won't say anything about Islam. Why?
    If you are refering to the USA, what religion is used to justify prejudice and used in people's law making? Which religion is used in prayer at the begining of meetings? Which religion's book do you put your hand over in a court of law? There's your answer and why you do not hear much about other religions. Because other religions are not at the forefront, both historically and currently. Other religions are not being used in law. Only one is. Hence the focus on it.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-27-2013 01:20 PM
    I have no problem who wants to come here, but don't expect me to learn your native language and don't try to turn this into the @#$%hole you left.
    I learned your language fairly well, so I think that we're good there. But when I leave, I'm taking pizza, pasta, wine, olive oil, tomatoes, the foundations of philosophy and law, best art, music and the Godfather movies with me.

You can keep Goodfellas. And Travolta. You can have Travolta.

I also hear people complaining about Christianity, then won't say anything about Islam. Why?
    I complain fairly equally about both, but for different reasons. Christianity is generally, in my opinion, a well intentioned effort to enslave people while Islam is that too, but goes much further (at it's extremes) into murder, mayhem and much more upfront grievous acts against women and non-believers. They both abuse women and non-believers in a major way, but physical abuse has to be a higher priority for us to stop than psychological abuse... even though the latter will lead to the former.

Of course the Christians have had their heydays of wreckless warmongering, genocide and persecution, but most of them are fairly mild in that regard. Islam went for centuries as a very peaceful, albeit strict, regime in much of the world, but lately it's far right wing is so out of control that the attitudes that permit such insanity are seeping into a larger population.

msndrstood and Fairclough like this.
    08-27-2013 05:15 PM
    Political affiliation here in the US is only that because its spoken. Most peopleare only affiliated with one of the 2 major parties just because of the influence that comes with the affiliation. You use to be able to tell what you were going to get with a dem or a repub but not now. They all have agendas and will betray their constituents to accomplish their agendas reguardless of who they have to make a deal with. This includes all parties. I don't consider myself affiliated either way. I listen to what they are and then decide who I like.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-27-2013 06:50 PM
    I learned your language fairly well, so I think that we're good there. But when I leave, I'm taking pizza, pasta, wine, olive oil, tomatoes, the foundations of philosophy and law, best art, music and the Godfather movies with me.

http://bin.snmmd.nl/m/m1nx61tafass_sqr256.jpg

I complain fairly equally about both, but for different reasons. Christianity is generally, in my opinion, a well intentioned effort to enslave people while Islam is that too, but goes much further (at it's extremes) into murder, mayhem and much more upfront grievous acts against women and non-believers. They both abuse women and non-believers in a major way, but physical abuse has to be a higher priority for us to stop than psychological abuse... even though the latter will lead to the former.

Of course the Christians have had their heydays of wreckless warmongering, genocide and persecution, but most of them are fairly mild in that regard. Islam went for centuries as a very peaceful, albeit strict, regime in much of the world, but lately it's far right wing is so out of control that the attitudes that permit such insanity are seeping into a larger population.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...sades--001.jpg
    I don't want travolta.

I honestly welcome people coming here, but draw the line when they want to change this place. I have no problem with people introducing their heritage, just don't try to make everyone do it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Aquila and plumbrich like this.
    08-27-2013 06:58 PM
    If you are refering to the USA, what religion is used to justify prejudice and used in people's law making? Which religion is used in prayer at the begining of meetings? Which religion's book do you put your hand over in a court of law? There's your answer and why you do not hear much about other religions. Because other religions are not at the forefront, both historically and currently. Other religions are not being used in law. Only one is. Hence the focus on it.
    Yes, because that is a lot worse than beating your daughter for getting raped or killing someone that doesn't accept my religion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-27-2013 07:00 PM
    I don't want travolta.
    Well I don't want him either, and possession is 9/10 of the law.. or something like that. He's yours!
    08-27-2013 07:14 PM
    Well I don't want him either, and possession is 9/10 of the law.. or something like that. He's yours!
    Then you have to take Joe Piscopo.

08-27-2013 09:33 PM
    To be fair, diverse cultures is what makes places great. Its just the law has to be respected and not forcing your own on but still allowing suggestions to modifying it.

This speech could of been worded better, he expresses how extremists shouldn't force religion on the state. However some sections are dead wrong although some were quoted out of context.
    http://gloucestercitynews.typepad.co...minister-.html

08-27-2013 11:48 PM
    Yes, because that is a lot worse than beating your daughter for getting raped or killing someone that doesn't accept my religion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Did you really miss the point THAT badly? Let me know when those things start becoming a huge widespread issue in The U.S. then maybe we will start talking about it. For that matter, let me know when everyone that belives in that religion, practices it in that manner. But don't expect a religion to be brought up much when the majority of people do not practice it. It would be like demanding that we all talk about the Amish. or Budist.
    08-28-2013 12:44 AM
    Did you really miss the point THAT badly? Let me know when those things start becoming a huge widespread issue in The U.S. then maybe we will start talking about it. For that matter, let me know when everyone that belives in that religion, practices it in that manner. But don't expect a religion to be brought up much when the majority of people do not practice it. It would be like demanding that we all talk about the Amish. or Budist.
    I guess so...
    Atlas Shrugs: Honor Killings: Islam Misogyny

Arizona: Why an Iraqi Woman Fell Victim to Honor Killing - TIME
    08-28-2013 01:28 AM
    Be glad. Least the wiki leaks founder isn't running for parliament (congress) in your country.

msndrstood likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:20 AM
    Guess you missed that whole "widespread problem" part. Isolated incidents does not mean that everyone in said religion beleives that same way. But then, you should know that so I can only assume you are being delibertly obtuse for some reason.
    08-29-2013 12:58 AM
    You are aware of the difference between mainstream Islam, Islamists, and radical Islam, aren't you? Because those links don't prove what you think they do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairclough and GadgetGator like this.
    08-29-2013 05:01 AM
    I bet many don't know that Islam believes in the Christian bible to some extent.
    msndrstood and Scott7217 like this.
    08-29-2013 06:05 AM
    I bet many don't know that Islam believes in the Christian bible to some extent.
    Yes, but why does one religion get a pass, especially being as violent as some within it are when another doesn't?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-29-2013 10:02 AM
    Yes, but why does one religion get a pass, especially being as violent as some within it are when another doesn't?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    A pass? How so?

I'm pretty sure a Muslim student can't have a prayer group in school. Oh, it may be allowed, but I'm sure the participants would be bullied to no end.

Of course, I don't think any religion should be in a public school, that's why we have private schools.

I may be wrong, since I don't know you, really, but I'm guessing you wouldn't appreciate a Muslim student praying in the middle of class since they pray 5 times a day, it's inevitable that they would have to pray during school hours.

If one religion is allowed then all religions are allowed. You may not agree with the other religions any more than they agree with yours, but constitutionally, all are afforded the same rights to practice. Whether they are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, or any far out sect that worships whatever.

Funny how all religions profess to have the 'Truth'. Yet condemn others for believing in their own 'Truth'. I have said this many times before, your truth is not my truth, as my truth is not yours. I am a firm believer of the 'to each their own' branch of humanity. Don't preach it to me, just practice what you preach.

Oh, and stop killing in the name of religion. That goes for all of them.

Sent via Note II
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-29-2013 01:07 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The religion doesn't get a pass. Just like extremist Christians don't either.

You have to understand that, like most religions, there are extremist sects of Islam. By far the majority of Muslims in the world are nonviolent and despise the islamists and radical Muslims that twist their faith.

GadgetGator likes this.
    08-29-2013 02:25 PM
    The religion doesn't get a pass. Just like extremist Christians don't either.

You have to understand that, like most religions, there are extremist sects of Islam. By far the majority of Muslims in the world are nonviolent and despise the islamists and radical Muslims that twist their faith.

On this, we agree.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 02:33 PM
    On this, we agree.

Sent via Note II
    Oops! I meant to quote serial.

msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2013 02:51 PM
    Oops! I meant to quote serial.

So we're not sympatico?! Bummer.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 02:59 PM
    So we're not sympatico?! Bummer.

Sent via Note II
    Ohh no I agreed with your post 100%

msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2013 03:05 PM
    Ohh no I agreed with your post 100%

Blame it on TT.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 03:09 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I know I'm late to this party but I had to add...

You realize that there are over 2 billion Muslims in the world. If the entire religion was as violent as you seem to think they are, every non-Muslim would be dead or in servitude. Islam is NOT a violent religion anymore than Christianity is. Every group has it's Looney Toons branch and it's that branch that media will broadcast to the masses. Crazy folk and the things they do sell newspapers.

Keep thy hands off them Godfather movies... and the Pizza.

Back to the topic:

I am conservative in some things and Liberal in others. I refuse to believe anyone if all one or the other.
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:20 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD