10-24-2013 06:59 PM
65 123
tools
    I bet many don't know that Islam believes in the Christian bible to some extent.
    I believe Judaism, Christianity, and Islam share a common religious foundation. For example, Islam considers Abraham, Moses, and Jesus to be prophets.

Fun fact: The country with the largest percentage of Muslims is not in the Middle East. It is Indonesia.
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-15-2013 01:30 AM
    I knew the Indonesia one - its an eye open for a lot of people.
    They do - most part Jesus is a prophet rather than the son of god (Christianity believes he is the son).
    Old Testaments are the same etc. So its basically fair to say most religions believe in the common foundations its the branches which wars are fought on.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    10-15-2013 06:18 AM
    So its basically fair to say most religions believe in the common foundations its the branches which wars are fought on.
    It's sad that wars are fought over religion when essentially the combatants all belong to the same extended religious family.
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:00 PM
    Agreed. They believe the same basics or even worse when it's between which cousin did what, which is basically what you just said.

I think the internet is starting to help people to see that the people over the hill isn't as different from us as we believed.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-15-2013 08:04 PM
    Agreed. They believe the same basics or even worse when it's between which cousin did what, which is basically what you just said.

I think the internet is starting to help people to see that the people over the hill isn't as different from us as we believed.
    I think one interesting example is Isaac and Ishmael. Both of them are the sons of Abraham in the Bible. Isaac is the ancestor of the Jews, while Ishmael is the ancestor of the Arabs. So Jews and Arabs have family ties going back to Biblical times.
    10-22-2013 06:34 PM
    Equal rights for everyone.
    True, but at the expense of equal treatment for straight white Christian males. I am all for equal rights, and believe that a person should be looked at based on their qualifications and not their Religion, gender, race, sexual orientation, and so on.
    Equal pay for men and women. Why is this even a question?
    Why is it a question? I am all for equal pay, I will admit. What I am not for is women not wanting to do their fair share in the workplace. I can go into detail on this. Where I work, we have a Mexican lady (her family is Mexican) who works in one of my stores. On her closing shifts, she refuses to clean the counters down, saying that it is discrimination because she is “Mexican” (her words!).
    Separation of church and state. Keep religion out of politics.
    Yet the democrats embrace Islam.
    Sensible gun laws, back ground checks for everyone. If you're not doing anything illegal, don't worry about it. Nobody is talking about a National Registry, calm down. The NRA has a bigger database than you can imagine.
    See, here is what makes no sense to me. You democrats are all for IDing gun purchasers, but yell racism anytime a Republican supports a Voter ID Law. Also, the Second Amendment does NOT REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK. All this does is makes it harder for us LEGAL gun owners. I can drive to any metropolitan area and find someone selling a gun on a street corner. While I do not do anything illegal, except break the speed limit, I am against limiting the rights of legal gun owners. Like I said, you people scream racism whenever a Republican suggests a Voter ID Law. Also, do you think that George Washington and his crew had to go through a background check and show ID to get their guns? I think not.
    Sensible immigration reform. Most people here illegally are people who have over stayed their visas. They want to work toward a better life. The same reason your parents/grand parents/great grand parents came here. Unless you're a pure blood Native American, you're an immigrant descendant too.
    Are you familiar with the definition of “illegal?” It is defined as “forbidden by law or statute.” If they want to come to this country, do so the legal way. In the early twentieth century when my ancestors came here from England, they did so legally. Also, I hate going to these stores and seeing signs in both English and Spanish. If you want to come to this country, learn English. My ancestors had to, but then again they came here legally.
    Just because I have mine, I don't begrudge you getting yours. We all have had help at some point, it's compassionate to help others help themselves. Not everyone can do it on their own. I don't care who you are or what you've done, you've needed help somewhere along the way from someone. Where would you be without it?
    I beg to differ, as everything I achieved I did so on my own. I got no government handouts from anyone to pay for my tuition or healthcare. Quite the opposite actually.
    Encourage people to vote, don't discourage them by putting up obstacles that impede the right to vote. We haven't needed photo ID laws for the past 237 years, what's the problem now? I can only guess...
    You democrats are so hypocritical. You all demand stricter gun laws, yet you want no one to limit fraudulent votes. You want to trample all over my Second Amendment Rights while letting illegals, felons, and people no longer living vote. Stop trying to revoke my Second Amendment Rights!
    Unless you're sitting in that chair in the Oval Office, you have no idea what the person in that chair has to deal with 24/7. Cut him some slack.
    You mean the same slack you all cut Bush? Deal!
    The right can wait their turn, just like we waited.
    Oh, but I am. The democrats were so outspoken against Bush. However, when Republicans speak out against obama, they are labeled as “racist” and the like.
    For those with a religious leaning, remember Ecclesiastes, 'to every thing there is a season'.
    Please stop mocking Religion.
    Your turn will come again, and we will remember.
    I can only hope and pray that you are right. Hopefully we’ll get our turn again.
    Sent via Note II
    Nice phone. I just got issued my Note 3 on Monday from my company.
    10-24-2013 01:33 PM
    Yes it is a nice phone. Thanks.

I'll stop there. For my own sanity.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-24-2013 01:37 PM
    I'm blue collar, but am tired of most of my check going to 50% of americans after I work 7 days a week away from home.
    You and me both, Serial Fordicator.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    10-24-2013 01:42 PM
    I'll stop there. For my own sanity.
    Can't take the truth?
    10-24-2013 01:44 PM
    Lol, that's funny. No, I'm not in the mood to go toe to toe with you today. You have your opinions and I have mine. I don't like yours, you don't like mine. Let's leave it at that, ok? Otherwise, it will get ugly.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-24-2013 02:11 PM
    Funny? I was being serious! Like I said, you liberals can not take the truth. My opinions? Just about everything I said was fact. As I said before, you can't take the truth.
    10-24-2013 06:25 PM
    Found this interesting coming from the source. Of course law abiding gun owners already new this.
    http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/22/ar...solution-to-te

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    10-24-2013 06:33 PM
    Found this interesting coming from the source. Of course law abiding gun owners already new this.
    Armed Citizens May Be the Solution to Terrorism, Says Interpol Secretary General - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Interesting article, plumbrich. As a legal gun owner, I thank you for sharing.
    10-24-2013 06:43 PM
    You welcome however I meant to post it in a different thread but it will work here also for the liberal gun grabbers.

10-24-2013 06:52 PM
    This is an important statement that I'd love to see us all embrace:

Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.

Lets try to remember to debate topics, rather than attacking members. Thanks guys!
    10-24-2013 06:59 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD