I think that the Death Penalty would ONLY be effective if it was meted within weeks of the crime and to the same method that the a hole (killer) utilized.

Maybe that would turn the tide.

nyry likes this.
    08-22-2013 06:40 PM
    I think that the Death Penalty would ONLY be effective if it was meted within weeks of the crime and to the same method that the a hole (killer) utilized.

Maybe that would turn the tide.

I think that the Death penalty is effective but not as effective as life in jail (resources permitting).

Also, I can see why you would want the killer to be killed in the same manner that he committed the murder but there are a lot of factors going into that, such as the resources to re-create the killing again to kill the murderer,the legality of doing so, and he fact that the executioners would be just as bad as the murderers themselves for essentially re creating the heinous crimes committed by such messed up people. Its like that old saying: You can't kill the monster without becoming one yourself. As tempting as getting revenge would be on killers and murderers, sometimes doing the thing you want and doing the right thing don't align.

Effective? yes. Most effective way of punishment? I don't think so but that's just my opinion and I respect yours

Sent from my msm8974 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-22-2013 06:59 PM
    Bullets are cheap and effective, I'm not really too concerned about the whole 'humane' way to take a killers life. After all, were they concerned about the life they took to begin with?

So if the first bullet doesn't kill, there should be at least 14 more in the magazine (unless you're in NY).

BTW: I was referring to the capital punishment thread that we already have.
    08-22-2013 08:55 PM
    Once again oppose. For the simple reason there can be a miscarriage and who says we have the right to choose who can live or die? That would make us just as bad.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-22-2013 10:47 PM
    I say ineffective

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    08-22-2013 10:58 PM
    Make the appeal process swift, if they lose it, put a bullet in their head. Rinse and repeat.
    08-22-2013 11:12 PM
    Right or wrong, I think there is no real answer on that one. While I say right others will say wrong and I'm sure all can find there own reason why they believe what they believe.

Effective? Yes! No matter of its just another prisoner of at worst a prison guard one thing for sure they will never kill again!

Posted via Android Central App
    nyry likes this.
    08-22-2013 11:28 PM
    BTW: I was referring to the capital punishment thread that we already have.
    I was in such a rush to make this one, i forgot there already was one.

Aquila and nyry like this.
    08-23-2013 03:22 AM
    Have murders stopped? No? Then I guess it's not an effective deterant. When people commit crimes they usually aren't looking down the road. It can be a spur of the moment thing (i.e. crimes of passion) or something they think they won't get caught doing. In other cases, the person committing the crime might not care if they live or die. So no. The death pentatly is not effective. Attacking the reasons people commit crime would be a better use of resources, rather then treating the "symptom". Because when we do nothing, all we do is see new criminals rise up and replace the ones we used the death penalty on. That's not effective. That's just spinning our wheels on a treadmill.
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-27-2013 12:53 PM