07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    If you look at the latest Gallup poll changes have to come. It's the will of the people at stake here:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ptt020.jpg
    Lol again an uneducated ( in so many different ways) people ones that have proven over and over that they want to weaken everything we once were. Look at the modern day economics, parenting :rolleyes:, in general the public knows more about teen mom than politics.

Sent from my refrigerator
    01-25-2013 08:14 AM
    The american public in general is uneducated on the subject and their only real knowledge comes from news outlets that are largely biased. They hear assault weapon their first thought goes straight to automatic. Mention ak-47 to a good 70% of Americans I promise you they will think they are automatic because that's what they see in popular media. They think our m4's pop off rounds non-stop they don't know 99% of the time we use semi and that other 1% is 3 round burst. Educate those people without a bias then ask.

You're one of the few people actually qualified to debate guns considering you actually know what you're talking about.

And a 30 round MAGAZINE (it's not a clip) is not high capacity its NORMAL capacity in an AR-15 or ak.

A high capacity magazine is a magazine with a capacity higher than what the gun originally came with

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    01-25-2013 08:35 AM
    Lol again an uneducated ( in so many different ways) people ones that have proven over and over that they want to weaken everything we once were. Look at the modern day economics, parenting :rolleyes:, in general the public knows more about teen mom than politics.
    The 2 ends of the spectrum [Law Enforcement and Healthcare] which are charged with the responsibility of handling the results of criminal use of weapons are not so naive.

Endorsers for the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

Health care

American Academy of Pediatrics
    American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
    American College of Surgeons
    American Public Health Association
    Doctors for America
    National Association of School Nurses

Law Enforcement

International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
    International Association of Chiefs of Police
    Major Cities Chiefs Association
    Police Executive Research Forum
    Police Foundation
    Women in Federal Law Enforcement
    Chaska (Minn.) Police Chief Scott Knight, former chairman of the Firearms Committee, International Association of Chiefs of Police
    Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca
    Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck
    San Diego Police Chief Bill Lansdowne
    01-25-2013 08:42 AM
    You're one of the few people actually qualified to debate guns considering you actually know what you're talking about.

And a 30 round MAGAZINE (it's not a clip) is not high capacity its NORMAL capacity in an AR-15 or ak.

A high capacity magazine is a magazine with a capacity higher than what the gun originally came with

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    If I said clip at any time it was to dumb things down enough as it is commonly accepted colloquially speaking.

01-25-2013 08:46 AM
    Also I'm not debating the destructive capacity of these weapons I'm well aware of it. My debate again is like pitbulls these things get a bad name because of the few and a media who loves to use misinformation as a tactic to feed their political agenda. I've owned a full blooded pit and my son was maybe 6 months old when we got him that dog never once got aggressive with anybody but there is still a massive stigma attached to the breed. These weapons carry a stigma because they are misunderstood because of mainstream media. How far is too far america how many freedoms are you willing to give up for the illusion of safety criminals are criminals because they don't follow laws.

ConTejas likes this.
    01-25-2013 08:57 AM
    Also I'm not debating the destructive capacity of these weapons I'm well aware of it. My debate again is like pitbulls these things get a bad name because of the few and a media who loves to use misinformation as a tactic to feed their political agenda.
    What specific parts of the proposed ban on assault weapons reduce your ability to defend your home or to legally hunt?
    Who? likes this.
    01-25-2013 09:10 AM
    What specific parts of the proposed ban on assault weapons reduce your ability to defend your home or to legally hunt?
    Assault weapons encompass far more than the ar and ak sir it will effectively remove a very large number of choices from the market at the moment.

01-25-2013 09:47 AM
    So if we take the guns away from law abiding citizens what are we left with? Criminals and criminal organizations that don't give a hoot about the law who have guns.

I'm not going to put my family's lives at risk because I was told having a gun is bad and I got rid of it. Some mad man walks into your home with a gun and you intend to fend him off with a bat he's gonna laugh. Yeah you might get lucky. But I'll take my chances with home defense with a gun over a multiple homicide any day.

SGS3, 5-inch SGP, BB9300, and others.
    Markster1 likes this.
    01-25-2013 10:06 AM
    Assault weapons encompass far more than the ar and ak sir it will effectively remove a very large number of choices from the market at the moment.
    Unfortunately, this does not answer the question which was asked. Here ... I'll repeat it for clarity's sake ...

01-25-2013 10:13 AM
    Unfortunately, this does not answer the question which was asked. Here ... I'll repeat it for clarity's sake ...

If I can't buy a weapon I know and am comfortable with the yes IT WILL REDUCE MY ABILITY. As far as this is concerned I'm know the m4 like the back of my hand its a weapon that I shoot and do it well the ar-15 has the same fundamental setup making it a perfect match for ME so I can DEFEND MY FAMILY you know since I already defend MY COUNTRY.

Captian4Phones likes this.
    01-25-2013 10:39 AM
    So if we take the guns away from law abiding citizens what are we left with? Criminals and criminal organizations that don't give a hoot about the law who have guns.

I'm not going to put my family's lives at risk because I was told having a gun is bad and I got rid of it. Some mad man walks into your home with a gun and you intend to fend him off with a bat he's gonna laugh. Yeah you might get lucky. But I'll take my chances with home defense with a gun over a multiple homicide any day.
    Looks like you might be forced to choose from any of the thousands of legally obtainable, appropriate firearms models remaining on the market after assault weapons are banned from being manufactured. When they are no longer manufactured, criminals find it much more difficult to obtain them, just as was proven by previous manufacturing bans. And as was supported by those radical hippies Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan. -peacesign-
    nolittdroid likes this.
    01-25-2013 10:41 AM
    Looks like you might be forced to choose from any of the thousands of legally obtainable, appropriate firearms models remaining on the market after assault weapons are banned from being manufactured. When they are no longer manufactured, criminals find it much more difficult to obtain them, just as was proven by previous manufacturing bans. And as was supported by those radical hippies Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan. -peacesign-
    You can -peacesign- all you want. Doesn't change the fact that they will obtain them from other countries like Russia (not trying to single anyone out). I'm a legal gun owner and I'm registered for my state.

It's everyone's right to own a firearm. I believe it's everyone's duty as an American to own a firearm legally.

But in the case that the people who don't care about gun laws puts a gun to your head i wish you the best of luck.

SGS3, 5-inch SGP, BB9300, and others.
    01-25-2013 11:00 AM
    You can -peacesign- all you want.
    Not me. I was only following the lead of Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan's sensible conclusion, based on hard historical data, that ending the manufacture of assault weapons dramatically lowers their use by criminals. Those nutty, treasonous liberals, I tell ya!

Doesn't change the fact that they will obtain them from other countries like Russia (not trying to single anyone out).
    In today's age of Homeland Security, I'd say that branch you're weighing down is dangerously close to giving in to gravity.
    ConTejas likes this.
    01-25-2013 11:10 AM
    Its hard to defend your home, etc. If you are a law abiding citizen with only 7 rounds if your adversary has a 30 round magazine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    01-25-2013 11:12 AM
    And the other 20 mass shootings since 2007? We're they all mommy's fault?

It is irresponsible gun owners, such as yourself.

I would say that if a police officer said to leave it in the car, they are idiots too. Most law enforcement policies that I am aware of make it a terminating offense to leave a loaded gun I am the car.

Let me guess, Texas or Florida?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    You're ill informed. Law enforcement officers who carry extra rifles or shotguns lock them in the car either with a bolted device that secures the weapon in the passenger area or locked in the trunk. They do not take them with them at all times.

Also, there are areas where even law enforcement may not carry and what do they do.... lock them in the car.

I'm sure you'll have some counter response so I will leave at at this, we will continue disagreeing with each other.

I'd rather run the risk in living in my world of gun ownership than in your world of gun revocation.
    01-25-2013 11:39 AM
    You're ill informed. Law enforcement officers who carry extra rifles or shotguns lock them in the car either with a bolted device that secures the weapon in the passenger area or locked in the trunk. They do not take them with them at all times.

Also, there are areas where even law enforcement may not carry and what do they do.... lock them in the car.

I'm sure you'll have some counter response so I will leave at at this, we will continue disagreeing with each other.

I'd rather run the risk in living in my world of gun ownership than in your world of gun revocation.
    Personally I am tired of ONE person here calling me out as being irresponsible with my firearms when I leave my vehicle.

Also what does your assumption that I am from Texas or Florida have to do with anything?
    01-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Its hard to defend your home, etc. If you are a law abiding citizen with only 7 rounds if your adversary has a 30 round magazine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Can you point me to any source for someone illegally entering a home armed with a 30 round magazine and using it to spray a house? Home invaders are usually there for the goods, not to murder. It's when things escalate that murders happen during home invasions.
    01-25-2013 11:59 AM
    Can you point me to any source for someone illegally entering a home armed with a 30 round magazine and using it to spray a house? Home invaders are usually there for the goods, not to murder. It's when things escalate that murders happen during home invasions.
    The point is that you have NO idea what firearm that criminal has when he/she is breaking into your home, and you have no idea what he/she is after. You had better bet I will do everything I can to ensure that myself and my family are better trained, better prepared and better armed than he/she is. As a conservative estimate I guess that I discharge almost 1000 rounds a month and that's not counting what the rest of the family expends.

whatwhat: at what lengths are the CRIMINALS that perform home invasions going to go to get the goods, will they restrain us, will they injure us, or will they kill us? if your answer is anything but I don't know then honestly you are fooling yourself. I am not willing to risk the safety of myself or my family on the compassion of a criminal.
    01-25-2013 12:03 PM
    The point is that you have NO idea what firearm that criminal has when he/she is breaking into your home, and you have no idea what he/she is after. You had better bet I will do everything I can to ensure that myself and my family are better trained, better prepared and better armed than he/she is. As a conservative estimate I guess that I discharge almost 1000 rounds a month and that's not counting what the rest of the family expends.
    If your family understands and respects those weapons I say good man. Responsible owners make sure family understands the potential harm as well as the good it can do and that its not just a toy. I say more power to you brother.

01-25-2013 12:09 PM
    If your family understands and respects those weapons I say good man. Responsible owners make sure family understands the potential harm as well as the good it can do and that its not just a toy. I say more power to you brother.

Thank you, not only does my family respect and understand the inherit danger in firearms, as I stated earlier my 11 year old daughter is a better marksman than my 15 year old son. She loves to go to the range and shoot, or out to the farm.

Last Christmas my wife gave me this as a gift Product: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm - No Thumb Safety, w/Crimson Trace Laser Grips my daughter has already stated that she wants me to pass it to her when she turns 18.
    01-25-2013 12:15 PM
    Their fears find a much more comforting home in imaginary, conceptual diversions. Critical, pragmatic thinking is asking too much.
    drewtenn likes this.
    01-25-2013 12:24 PM
    Their fears find a much more comforting home in imaginary, conceptual diversions. Critical, pragmatic thinking is asking too much.
    Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. Physical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

Courage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-25-2013 12:43 PM
    Imaginary to you I've been through an armed robbery your out of your mind if you think I don't take offense to that. Again you guys live under the false pretense that these things never happen.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    01-25-2013 12:46 PM
    Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. Physical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

Courage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you for providing further evidence of those imaginary, conceptual diversions.. It takes a courageous man to step from the cowardly position behind a trigger and find a better way.
    01-25-2013 12:54 PM
    Imaginary to you I've been through an armed robbery your out of your mind if you think I don't take offense to that. Again you guys live under the false pretense that these things never happen.

Since you refused to address the direct question posed to you by WhatWhat, one can only surmise that the armed robbery that you survived was by a criminal with a 30-round capacity weapon. True? And yet, here you are today.

And where experiencing crime is concerned, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've gone through several incidents myself, but only back when I still had an atom of faith in the false-arguments the NRA was spewing.
    01-25-2013 01:19 PM
4,617 ... 89101112 ...