07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 103104105106107 ...
    Also, do we believe the account that this kid was walking home with his skittles, minding his own business, noticed he was being followed by an armed fat guy, approximately twice his size and, without any provocation or words from the defendant, went into a rage and charged in screaming and fist flailing? I've never seen that happen or even heard of that happening except maybe in accounts of people on PCP, etc. It's possible, but if that's the case this child is brave and stupid beyond all reason.

It's entirely possible that both participants were "in the wrong" in which case manslaughter is the right answer. But, Zimmerman obviously has something defective going on in him, regardless of the trial outcome. Perhaps prison is the wrong answer and mental health treatment is more appropriate.
    Yeah, you would think that there would be some history of violence for Trayvon Martin for him to go nuclear on an adult in the dark in unfamiliar surroundings.

I forgot about your expertise in martial arts, so it gives you a unique perspective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2013 03:12 AM
    Yeah horrible idea. Even if the intent was good (not sure how this helps anyone) it puts people at risk. I'm less convinced on registers in secure databases, but I am having a hard time thinking of a reason to make it public information.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-13-2013 03:56 AM
    If I were a criminal I would avoid the homes of gun owners. Thats a criminal worst nightmare. Why give criminals more tools to use to plot their crimes? Maybe if more of these thugs got there heads blown off when entering homes they would think twice.

07-13-2013 05:20 AM
    I think some criminals would hit up homes for guns, obviously some would avoid for that reason.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    07-13-2013 05:29 AM
    The concept is good, but it invades people's privacy.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 05:29 AM
    What's the benefit to anyone who is not a criminal?
    07-13-2013 05:36 AM
    What's the benefit to anyone who is not a criminal?
    Precisely. It can lead to robberies and other crimes.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 06:32 AM
    I love this country
    And the freedoms we used to have
    -George Carlin

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD
    07-13-2013 07:53 AM
    After watching most of the trial, here's my take on this case:

- Zimmerman got out of car, when he was specifically told not to. Also if Zimmerman was afraid, why would he get out of the car and follow suspect? It makes no sense.

- Zimmerman lied on Sean Hannity's show when he said he had never heard of "Stand your ground" laws before. His instructor in a class he took refuted that. A class he earned an A in. (as an aside, what was with the whole "it was God's will thing" on that interview??? Does he think God wanted TM shot and killed that night??? Strange comment to make in an interview.

- Zimmerman lied about not knowing the street names when he later blurted out street name without hesitation. Now you can say that maybe he learned it later but there are ONLY THREE STREETS in that complex and he had lived there FOR YEARS. Is he really not going to know the name of the street? I say no.

- He says he had to walk between the houses to find an address way way far away over on the next street, when there was a street address right next to where he said that on the right.

- Zimmerman said he was smashed in the head 25+ times but the injuries do not indicate that.

- Zimmerman said he yelled for help 25+ times, but the 911 calls and witness testimony does not reflect that.

- Zimmerman says he was the one yelling for help, yet as soon as the gun shot is heard and TM is struck in the heart these calls for help immediately cease. If he was the one who was yelling for help, why didn't the cries for help continue???

- Says suspect put hand over his mouth during the fight, yet there was no blood on hand, and if he was the one screaming for help, how is it we heard that when a hand was over his mouth?

- Says he spread out the arms of the suspect, yet TM's hands were found underneath him.

- Says suspect was reaching for gun but in that position, the gun wouldn't have been very accessible. As a side note, I saw an attorney on TV yesterday mentioning that Zimmerman might have pulled the gun out beforehand which would have been an aggravated assault under Florida law, which could be why Zimmerman is saying that the gun was holstered but reached for instead as he is trying to hide that. Interesting.

- Say what you will about the demeanor of TM's friend on the witness stand, her testimony backs to the facts, location and time of the incident.

When you look at all things things together in total, these things do not add up on the defense side. Further, the defense made no real attempt to explain the inconsistencies (or lies) in the story. I don't think the case can be made for second degree murder, but I very much feel the case can be made for manslaughter. To be sure, the Prosecution had some horrible witnesses at times, but the way they acted on the stand should not impact the facts of the case. And yes, the Prosecution made horrible overreaches with the 2nd degree and child abuse charges they filed, (which was just RIDICULOUS) but that doesn't mean that this case should't be considered for manslaughter. It should.

To those screaming reasonable doubt....what would push you in the direction of a guilty verdict? A videotape of the entire incident? Cause that is the only way you are going to have a lack of no doubt whatsoever in ANY trial. So does this mean that unless there is a camera, everyone gets to walk free after killing someone? The only other person that was there, is now dead. So does that mean because we only get to hear one side of the fight that that person should walk free? I say no. I consider this basically a bar fight that went wrong and happened to be outdoors. Now, if someone pulled a gun on someone in the middle of a bar fight, and killed them, would you think that was acceptable? Or would that be a case of too much response to an unarmed person they were fighting with???
    nolittdroid likes this.
    07-13-2013 02:46 PM
    This app is RIDICULOUS. Anyone could make up anything about anybody. Crowdsourcing something like this is NOT the way to go.
    07-13-2013 03:30 PM
    A newspaper published names and locations of gun owers and this is what happened "A newspaper in New York's Lower Hudson Valley that was besieged by criticism for publishing the names of local gun owners in December now reportedly has hired armed guards because of safety concerns. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ed-guards?lite "

Posted via Android Central App
    07-13-2013 03:40 PM
    I can see it now.

"Hey guys lets put Billy on that crazy gun owner app because I can't stand the guy."
    07-13-2013 03:53 PM
    The thing that makes me the most mad about this is:

Gawker putting Martin's death picture on their website with no warning as a cheap publicity stunt.
    07-13-2013 03:54 PM
    Gadgetgator I in total agreement with possibly everything you wrote and you also pointed out some things I did not know (i.e., that there were still shouts after the gun was shot) but I don't think the state did a very good job of pointing out everything you just said. I did not see all the prosecution witnesses on the stand, but I saw enough of them that they came across to me as helpful to the defense when they were under direct examination by the state. I got so disgusted with the state that at times I had to turn it off.

As to your point in your last paragraph, regarding whether or not somebody walks free, if the state charges for the wrong crime, presents a poor case, and fails to meet its burden, then yes the defendant goes free if the jury renders a verdict of not guilty. That is just the way the US justice system works. Once you get to a trial it is all about procedure and the state overcoming the presumption of innocence afforded us all. People don't understand (or many) how criminal defense lawyers can defend horrible people, but for the criminal defense attorney and advocates it is not about the crime but protecting procedures and rights afforded to all under the constitution.
    07-13-2013 04:00 PM
    There is nothing illegal about following someone. The Paparazzi do it everyday. If it bothered Martin he should have called the Police. Martin smacked Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose, then pounced on top of him and started beating on him. I've slipped on ice and knocked myself out on concrete and had no visible injury other than a bump on my head. Zimmerman had called the Police and he screamed for help as Martin beat on him.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-13-2013 05:10 PM
    Throw away the racial angle.
    The racial angle is kind of hard to throw away, when Zimmerman specifically racially profiled and targeted a young man, and then confronted him after specifically being told not to by a 911 emergency dispatcher.

My take? He brought a gun to a fist fight. He initiated a confrontation, engaged in the fight, and then once he realized he was the losing contender, shot and killed him. Of course, this is purely speculation and opinion as I obviously was not there.

I agree that somethings should be left out. I do not believe his past offenses should have any weight, although, had he been convicted of the domestic battery he had inflicted on his wife, he wouldnt have been legally allowed to possess a firearm and a young man wouldnt have lost his life.

Regardless of what the jury determines, a young man lost his life. Nothing will bring back that young man to his family, incarceration would not equal justice.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    GadgetGator and kleeno like this.
    07-13-2013 05:34 PM
    Criminals look for small light weight items that they can sell at a high price and quickly, one of the first things they look for is guns. Then all they have to do is watch your house to see when you leave.
    07-13-2013 07:15 PM
    Unless you live in my house, its none of you business wether or not I have guns. If I want you to know I will tell you. Otherwise stay out of it.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-13-2013 07:20 PM
    Well my shot guns are in a immovable safe that is locked by combination and it can't be broken into. When I'm not home it's locked. When I'm home it's unlocked so I have easy access. Responsible gun owners would have it so there guns can't be stolen as I do.

07-13-2013 08:03 PM
    LTR883, we've had our differences in the past on gun issues, however, I agree with you on this one.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

Sent via Note II
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-13-2013 08:31 PM
    07-13-2013 09:30 PM
    NOT GUILTY! Justice has been served!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-13-2013 09:36 PM
    Guess that answers that one Defense did a better job than the transcripts gave them credit for.
    07-13-2013 09:37 PM
    Meanwhile, this woman still has 19 years to go for firing warning shots. Florida, you have a problem: http://t.co/B1ldHzwJ1L #TrayvonMartin

GadgetGator and kleeno like this.
    07-13-2013 10:15 PM
    Meanwhile, this woman still has 19 years to go for firing warning shots. Florida, you have a problem: Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News #TrayvonMartin

So, woman shoots no one when actually being assaulted by her husband, gets 20 years. Man shoots child in a mutual altercation that he provoked himself, gets 0 years. lol, Florida you're doing it wrong. haha.

If Zimmerman is not guilty, she is not Alexander is not guilty or vice versa... unless I'm missing something really important about either case.
    Ezduzit and kleeno like this.
    07-13-2013 10:40 PM
4,617 ... 103104105106107 ...