07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 104105106107108 ...
tools
    Meanwhile, this woman still has 19 years to go for firing warning shots. Florida, you have a problem: http://t.co/B1ldHzwJ1L #TrayvonMartin

Posted via Android Central App
    Makes me sick.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    07-13-2013 11:01 PM
    So, woman shoots no one when actually being assaulted by her husband, gets 20 years. Man shoots child in a mutual altercation that he provoked himself, gets 0 years. lol, Florida you're doing it wrong. haha.

If Zimmerman is not guilty, she is not Alexander is not guilty or vice versa... unless I'm missing something really important about either case.
    How did Zimmerman provoke it?
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:08 PM
    So, woman shoots no one when actually being assaulted by her husband, gets 20 years. Man shoots child in a mutual altercation that he provoked himself, gets 0 years. lol, Florida you're doing it wrong. haha.

If Zimmerman is not guilty, she is not Alexander is not guilty or vice versa... unless I'm missing something really important about either case.
    The stories about that woman seem like they're missing information.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2013 11:13 PM
    07-13-2013 11:15 PM
    How did he not provoke it? Guilty or not guilty, he racially profiled and pursued a child after being told not to. That's provoking it. And then, he proceeded to use deadly force on that child.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    07-13-2013 11:21 PM
    How did he not provoke it? Guilty or not guilty, he racially profiled and pursued a child after being told not to. That's provoking it. And then, he proceeded to use deadly force on that child.

That's the way you see it. To me, Zimmerman did exactly what I would have done in my neighborhood. If I see someone suspicious, I call the Police. That's what you're suppose to do. If they leave the area and I have an opportunity to see which way they are going, I will relay that to the Police. If there are young white males breaking into houses in my neighborhood, I'll be more suspicious of young white males I don't recognize in my neighborhood. There's an area in Chicago that I have worked, where white, eastern Europeans males are a real problem for car break ins. Construction trucks are always broken into. In that area, I am very suspicious of white, eastern European males.
    07-13-2013 11:41 PM
    Take a look at this interview with Rev. Al Sharpton from MSNBC

Al Sharpton: Well call on the DOJ to investigate Zimmerman case The Right Scoop -
    Someone needs to tell him they already did, and found nothing to pursue.

Aquila likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:43 PM
    That's the same question I asked yesterday. How are we to believe that this kid blindsided him without any provocation after they'd gone their separate ways? Are you suggesting he didn't say or do anything and was randomly attacked by someone he just happened to have noticed in the neighborhood and called the police on? Or is it more reasonable to think that maybe they had words before punches were thrown?

Here was my question from yesterday: Also, do we believe the account that this kid was walking home with his skittles, minding his own business, noticed he was being followed by an armed fat guy, approximately twice his size and, without any provocation or words from the defendant, went into a rage and charged in screaming and fist flailing? I've never seen that happen or even heard of that happening except maybe in accounts of people on PCP, etc. It's possible, but if that's the case this child is brave and stupid beyond all reason.

I get that you agree once they were engaged he had a right to defend himself, and I actually agree that you shouldn't just let yourself be killed because of what a jury may or may not believe later, that's stupid. But it seems fairly obvious that the responsibility for the encounter/altercation is either shared by both parties or entirely on Zimmerman, given that the kid was doing exactly nothing wrong until he was set upon by said armed and racist fat guy, who had been advised not to undertake any actions himself.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:43 PM

That wasn't the question in the trial though. Whether or not he provoked it is totally irrelevant to the trial and its outcome.

07-13-2013 11:44 PM
    That wasn't the question in the trial though. Whether or not he provoked it is totally irrelevant to the trial and its outcome.

That's why I said, "guilty or not guilty"

07-13-2013 11:45 PM
    If I see someone suspicious, I call the Police. That's what you're suppose to do. If they leave the area and I have an opportunity to see which way they are going, I will relay that to the Police
    This part is 100% correct. How do you get from here, observation at a distance and communication with officials, to being in a fist fight with a child though? That's the part everyone is ignoring.
    07-13-2013 11:45 PM
    That's why I said, "guilty or not guilty"

Fair enough.

The question not enough people is asking is: why was the prosecution's case so weak? They lost the trial with borderline hysterical arguments, while the defense methodical and calmly picked apart the states case.

The jury isn't to blame here; the prosecution is.

msndrstood likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:48 PM
    He should be in jail! He took someone life so no excuses. If someone kill he should be in jail. He always has a option not to kill. Just shoot him in the legs but don't kill. Anyway stupid law if you can allow people to carry the guns. Cowboys

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    kleeno likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:48 PM
    This part is 100% correct. How do you get from here, observation at a distance and communication with officials, to being in a fist fight with a child though? That's the part everyone is ignoring.
    Which is the part we'll never know, and the scenario the prosecution painted obviously wasn't convincing.

07-13-2013 11:49 PM
    He should be in jail! He took someone life so no excuses. If someone kill he should be in jail. He always has a option not to kill. Just shoot him in the legs but don't kill. Anyway stupid law if you can allow people to carry the guns. Cowboys

The law doesn't work like that. They had a high burden of proof for either of the charges against him, which they couldn't prove since there was so little information about what actually happened.

Also, given that you say he should have shot him in the leg, it doesn't appear you're familiar with the circumstances of the shooting.

07-13-2013 11:52 PM
    The law doesn't work like that. They had a high burden of proof for either of the charges against him, which they couldn't prove since there was so little information about what actually happened.

Also, given that you say he should have shot him in the leg, it doesn't appear you're familiar with the circumstances of the shooting.

Ok I get it. If someone looking toward you grab the gun and just kill him who care about him. Nice really nice.

07-13-2013 11:54 PM
    Fact remains he approached a situation(against directions not to) with a loaded weapon. There was definitely profiling involved and someone ended up dead.... Manslaughter at the least.

Posted via Android Central App
    Profiling? Not at all. Race was not a factor until the dispatched asked the question.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 11:55 PM
    Fair enough.

The question not enough people is asking is: why was the prosecution's case so weak? They lost the trial with borderline hysterical arguments, while the defense methodical and calmly picked apart the states case.

The jury isn't to blame here; the prosecution is.

One might imagine it's for the same reasons they never explained the burden of evidence required in an affirmative defense to the jury. My understanding of "the self defense" affirmative defense, is that it's a slam dunk for the prosecution unless the defense has an air tight case that no one could reasonably doubt. The degree of ease does vary by state somewhat, but without the "stand your ground" defense, the defense should have had an uphill battle that was near impossible to overcome. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that they wanted to provide a trial that was minimal expense and effort so that they could say, "hey we tried". But that would be both wrong and illegal, so ... it'd require evidence more than just that conjecture to allege it.
    07-13-2013 11:55 PM
    That's the same question I asked yesterday. How are we to believe that this kid blindsided him without any provocation after they'd gone their separate ways? Are you suggesting he didn't say or do anything and was randomly attacked by someone he just happened to have noticed in the neighborhood and called the police on? Or is it more reasonable to think that maybe they had words before punches were thrown?...
    When the Police interviewed Zimmerman, they told him there was or might be ( I can remember which) a video of the confrontation and Zimmerman responded, "Thank God".
    Aquila likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:57 PM
    Martin a child? Never came into question until the SAO ran out of valid arguments.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 11:57 PM

No one should be shooting anyone in the legs. If your life is in danger and you are using a firearm to protect yourself, you shoot to kill. People have been successfully charged criminally and sued for what basically amounts to torturing their attacker for shooting to wound. Only in movies and in very specific hostage situations would one ever aim for anything not expected to be immediately lethal. If his life was truly in danger, at that point he did the right thing.
    07-13-2013 11:58 PM
    Someone needs to tell him they already did, and found nothing to pursue.

Now they will exert more pressure on DOJ to charge Mr. Zimmerman with violating Mr. martins civil rights. What I don't get is how Rev. Sharpton can state there will be what I can only assume is a wrongful death civil case against Mr. Zimmerman, isn't that the families decision? If the family informed him they would be persuing this should he not have phrased it that way?
    palandri likes this.
    07-13-2013 11:59 PM
    When the Police interviewed Zimmerman, they told him there was or might be ( I can remember which) a video of the confrontation and Zimmerman responded, "Thank God".
    His account COULD be 100% accurate. It just wasn't proven. I think I'm coming across as saying I believe or do not believe him, and I'm not. What I am saying is that the legal basis for not guilty based on an affirmative defense was not, in my not-a-legal-expert opinion, met. The jury disagrees, but I'm not sure if it's because they thought the prosecution had to prove guilt or if they thought the defense did prove justification. They didn't elaborate.
    07-14-2013 12:00 AM
    No one should be shooting anyone in the legs. If your life is in danger and you are using a firearm to protect yourself, you shoot to kill. People have been successfully charged criminally and sued for what basically amounts to torturing their attacker for shooting to wound. Only in movies and in very specific hostage situations would one ever aim for anything not expected to be immediately lethal. If his life was truly in danger, at that point he did the right thing.
    So I see why entire world hate Americans. We are not welcome to any country. Because we are not respect others life.

This is not a war zone it should be free country and freedom but I'm out of this. Sign out and no need to be here.

07-14-2013 12:04 AM
    He's 17 and 6'0" tall correct? He's not the 11 or 12 year old "child" the media kept posting pictures of, correct?
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-14-2013 12:04 AM
4,617 ... 104105106107108 ...