07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 106107108109110 ...
tools
    Now if the family decides to persue a civil wrongful death lawsuit against Mr. Zimmerman that is within their rights. Also if I recall back to the OJ Simpson trial it was stated that the jury in the civil suit was not allowed to consider the not guilty verdict from the criminal case.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-14-2013 12:55 AM
    Ok I get it. If someone looking toward you grab the gun and just kill him who care about him. Nice really nice.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    Where in this thread did anyone besides you say this?
    palandri likes this.
    07-14-2013 12:58 AM
    Don't think the Feds could charge for wrongful death because (I think) wrongful death are civil cases. A federal charge would also have to be a criminal matter so there would have to be some iteration of a criminal violation of civil rights, like a hate crime. There has to be a federal criminal statute on the books right now if they were to prosecute him in Federal Court. (Not sure how it works but I think more or less I am on laid out the jist of it).

I think the DOJ will stay 100 miles away from this. There is just not enough evidence to even consider this as a hate crime. If I am wrong on this, and the DOJ takes this to Federal Court, in my opinion it would be an outrageous blunder. Now anybody who thinks I am defending Zimmerman I am not. I am not on his side in any way shape or form. I am just pointing out that in my opinion the Feds don't have a case, and if they prosecuted him they would be making the same mistake that the Florida AG did when they over-reached with a charger of murder II.
    Also, any investigation/trial would run right into the midterm elections, and considering how polarized this trial became, it would be costly politically.
    jdbii likes this.
    07-14-2013 01:02 AM
    Now if the family decides to persue a civil wrongful death lawsuit against Mr. Zimmerman that is within their rights. Also if I recall back to the OJ Simpson trial it was stated that the jury in the civil suit was not allowed to consider the not guilty verdict from the criminal case.
    Separate matters. Different burdens of proof.
    07-14-2013 01:04 AM
    What I absolutely do not want to see happening is this:

Stuff like this is all over the internet already. I really hope he has security.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-14-2013 01:06 AM
    That's quite a fortune.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Not really, I don't know how many people here would spend that much money on firearms. But then again I have an uncle that has probably spent more on baseball cards and playboy magazines than I have on firearms.
    07-14-2013 01:08 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...46384787_n.jpg

Stuff like this is all over the internet already. I really hope he has security.
    There was also an "If I met Zimmerman" hash tag on twitter that was 99% death threats. Twitter deleted that quickly.
    07-14-2013 01:11 AM
    He'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. It will only take one deranged psychopath and the world is full of them. He'll probably write a book and make millions, but it probably won't be enough to carry him financially for his life.
    07-14-2013 01:14 AM
    Riots in Miami, FL after not guilty verdict in Zimmerman trial.

* At one time I had a link in this post to a video that was reported to be a riot in Miami in regard to the not guilty verdict. A member stated that the language was found to be offensive. Out of respect and courtesy to this member and others I have removed the link. If you would like to see the video you can find it on YouTube. Once again I am sorry if this video offended anyone else.
    07-14-2013 01:16 AM
    Not really, I don't know how many people here would spend that much money on firearms. But then again I have an uncle that has probably spent more on baseball cards and playboy magazines than I have on firearms.
    Lmao playboy magazines.

07-14-2013 01:16 AM
    Lmao playboy magazines.

Yea , they aren't my cup of tea either. But that's what he wants to collect, he has several copies of the first edition with Marilyn Monroe that are autographed by her and are in mint condition.
    07-14-2013 01:32 AM
    I created this thread to allow us to have a place to discuss the public reactions that we find online and in social media to the not guilty verdict without derailing the other thread.

Teen Charged with Felony for Tweeting ‘Mass Homicide’ Threat If Zimmerman Acquitted | TheBlaze.com

As an example, I found this on my FB wall a few minutes ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-1075693_208707252617411_267092122_n.jpeg   Firearms and self-defense-44545_208708952617241_1455507528_n.jpeg  
    07-14-2013 01:36 AM
    Riots in Miami, FL after not guilty verdict in Zimmerman trial.
    I found the video offensive. The profanity and especially the comments about endorsing police brutality. I also think it is a stretch to label this a riot.
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    07-14-2013 01:36 AM
    I found the video offensive. The profanity and especially the comments about endorsing police brutality. I also think it is a stretch to label this a riot.
    I will edit the post and remove the link, I do apologize as it was not my intention to offend any member.
    jdbii likes this.
    07-14-2013 01:40 AM
    Apparently they didn't think that in a situation where police are under stress you don't want to be the open window with light being reflected from a small point near your eyes. They might not be scanning rooftops and windows for threats.. but they probably are, and from 600 yards a phone looks an awful lot like an object being held at arms length between your eye and an officer.

- - - Updated - - -

I will edit the post and remove the link, I do apologize as it was not my intention to offend any member.
    No, not the video, the ***** in the video. You're not being offensive, the ignorance of people is offensive.
    jdbii and Live2ride883 like this.
    07-14-2013 01:41 AM
    Thanks L2R. If you want to put it back up without audio that is fine, but those kids and what they said was just stupid. I am also a bit on edge. I am hoping this isn't a repeat of of the riots following Rodney King verdict. I was in Southern California at the time and vividly remember the riots. There was something burning in the video, but I would rather hold off on calling it a riot until we know for sure.Thanks again.
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    07-14-2013 01:58 AM
    I almost feel sorry for the man he will probably have to go into witness protection.

Sent from my Huawei u8650 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-14-2013 02:05 AM
    Another threat from the same person.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-1013965_221446418005359_1959842706_n-1.jpeg  
    07-14-2013 02:21 AM
    Thanks L2R. If you want to put it back up without audio that is fine, but those kids and what they said was just stupid. I am also a bit on edge. I am hoping this isn't a repeat of of the riots following Rodney King verdict. I was in Southern California at the time and vividly remember the riots. There was something burning in the video, but I would rather hold off on calling it a riot until we know for sure.Thanks again.
    I am quite satisfied with removing the link, and the information at the bottom allows people to find the video if they want to see it.
    jdbii likes this.
    07-14-2013 02:24 AM
    Yea , they aren't my cup of tea either. But that's what he wants to collect, he has several copies of the first edition with Marilyn Monroe that are autographed by her and are in mint condition.
    Well, I would rather use the Internet than to buy. He certainly has a nice collection, haha.

07-14-2013 02:36 AM
    To all those so "angry" at the verdict:

Where is your misled, feigned outrage over the body count in Chicago's 'warzone' and other inner-cities, where black children are killing each other every day in the name of "keeping it real"? Or is that just supposed to be considered *routine*

Until you show outrage at that, then your outrage at this reeks of being contrived.

GreenLCD likes this.
    07-14-2013 02:46 AM
    There is nothing illegal about following someone. The Paparazzi do it everyday. If it bothered Martin he should have called the Police. Martin smacked Zimmerman in the face and broke his nose, then pounced on top of him and started beating on him. I've slipped on ice and knocked myself out on concrete and had no visible injury other than a bump on my head. Zimmerman had called the Police and he screamed for help as Martin beat on him.
    Agreed that Trayvan could have called the police. I do think both sides handled things incorrectly...like most bar fights as I mentioned earlier which I think this basically was. However, remember this was still a 17 year old kid vs. a fully grown man who should have known better. You can say that Trayvan should have called police, but by the same token, Zimmerman should have stayed in the damn car...PER THE POLICE'S ADVICE.. Also your assuming Zimmerman's version to be true. Why? On what basis do you make the claim that that's the way the fight went down? You can't possibly know that. No one can. No one saw it. No one else was there so you're only hearing one version since the other person is DEAD. Why does that automatically make the alive person's story true? Why did the screams stop immediately after the gunshot? For that matter, feel free to answer any of the questions I raised in my post earlier (Page 2 post #43) which no Zimmerman defender has bothered to answer or explain. Just like the defense didn't.

NOT GUILTY! Justice has been served!
    If you believe killing someone you are in a fight with is "justice" then yeah, I guess. May you never be unlucky enough to find yourself in such a situation.
    07-14-2013 03:02 AM
    Agreed that Trayvan could have called the police. I do think both sides handled things incorrectly...like most bar fights as I mentioned earlier which I think this basically was. However, remember this was still a 17 year old kid vs. a fully grown man who should have known better. You can say that Trayvan should have called police, but by the same token, Zimmerman should have stayed in the damn car...PER THE POLICE'S ADVICE.. Also your assuming Zimmerman's version to be true. Why? On what basis do you make the claim that that's the way the fight went down? You can't possibly know that. No one can. No one saw it. No one else was there so you're only hearing one version since the other person is DEAD. Why does that automatically make the alive person's story true? Why did the screams stop immediately after the gunshot? For that matter, feel free to answer any of the questions I raised in my post earlier (Page 2 post #43) which no Zimmerman defender has bothered to answer or explain. Just like the defense didn't.
    Maybe the screaming stopped because a gun just went off? No one can answer it, so its not even worth asking. You'd sooner get an answer to the meaning of life than you'd get an answer to that question backed up with evidence.

Similarly, why SHOULDN'T we believe that Zimmerman's side of the story is true? There isn't any evidence that it isn't. If Martin could tell his side of the story, the truth would probably end up somewhere in the middle.

Also, that 17 year old kid was as big as most full grown men, so that argument doesn't hold water.

If you believe killing someone you are in a fight with is "justice" then yeah, I guess. May you never be unlucky enough to find yourself in such a situation.
    Please don't make this personal. The conversation has been pretty level headed so far, and we shouldn't go down that road.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2013 03:12 AM
    Just a friendly reminder to keep language clean and appropriate and discussion as civil and as non-personal as possible.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-14-2013 04:37 AM
    It's only been the last five years or so that the internet has revealed just how systemic our racial divide still is and all of this crazy is feeding off of the rest of the crazy.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-14-2013 06:09 AM
4,617 ... 106107108109110 ...