07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 113114115116117 ...
tools
    no personal attacks.
    no evasion of the word filter.

this is the only warning I will give.
    I didn't use a curse word. But with an extra T.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    07-19-2013 11:14 PM
    ...and that's curtains on this thread.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 11:27 PM
    Not always.
    Do you know from direct experience or hearsay?

Sent via Note II
    07-19-2013 11:33 PM
    Not guilty!

Trayvon got what he deserved.
    And no, I'm no racist. I have friends from all walks of life. Trayvon was a thug and got dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Did you know him personally?

Sent via Note II
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-19-2013 11:35 PM
    I didn't use a curse word. But with an extra T.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    It was deemed inappropriate enough to be filled in by the filter. Please do not publicly question a warning. If you feel like you are being accused of something wrongly, please pm the moderator in question, (or, since jerry can't be reached by pm, report the post.) Doing otherwise is not beneficial to the thread.
    07-19-2013 11:35 PM
    His skin is lighter, but he is not white, and I'm tired of people saying he is. THAT'S racial injustice... calling someone a different race than they actually are.

I thought I had heard that somewhere before that Zimmerman was hispanic, but I never brought it up because I want sure. Thanks.

You never would've heard from Sharpton nor Jackson. No protests, no arguing, no big deal. Strange, huh? Because it's perfectly fine unless the killer has lighter skin.
    You may have heard from Bill Cosby, though.
    07-19-2013 11:36 PM
    I thought I had heard that somewhere before that Zimmerman was hispanic, but I never brought it up because I want sure. Thanks.

You may have heard from Bill Cosby, though.
    His father is white, his mother is Peruvian.

Sent via Note II
    07-19-2013 11:40 PM
    Not guilty!

Trayvon got what he deserved.
    And no, I'm no racist. I have friends from all walks of life. Trayvon was a thug and got dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Didn't know thugs could make the honor roll.

Also surprised that someone here could wish for the death of another person.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-20-2013 12:08 AM
    Didn't know thugs could make the honor roll.

Also surprised that someone here could wish for the death of another person.

Do we really need to go down this path? Because it will end with the thread getting closed.
    return_0 likes this.
    07-20-2013 12:11 AM
    Do we really need to go down this path? Because it will end with the thread getting closed.
    Agreed, I think some subjects should be avoided. Apologies.

07-20-2013 12:15 AM
    Agreed, I think some subjects should be avoided. Apologies.

I just don't want to see it get closed, because it seems like the conversation was a pretty good one. (Even if it was going in circles for a bit)
    07-20-2013 12:21 AM
    Gun Discussion Thread V2.0 - In my view the other thread was a lost cause with hostility between pro guns v anti rights with less ground moved the Gallipoli and a round robin loop of debates similar to a merygoroud covering the same section over and over again. Why would I bring this up? Well to be honest its not just an American issue but a global issue. I am sick of seeing in the news every day someone shot - the simple answer would be to unsubscribe to news, but its better to get to the root of the situation which is guns and how laws can be modified so events like shootings don't occur; So here rather than discussing whether they should been banned as similar to the UK as lets be honest - with the culture that exists that would be unlikely and if i did occur it would take a generation to accept the change.

In my own view there is no debate that the tougher the access to arms the less damage it does to society - graphs attached below.
    The laws I propose are based on the Australian System.
    1) Group of arms for licences
    2) To get another group it must be proven that other group cannot serve your needs
    3) Check ups - e.g have to go the range x times a year, limit to guns, check cabinets are up to standards.

Here is my example from Australia.

Firearms in Australia are grouped into Categories determined by the National Firearm Agreement with different levels of control. The categories are:
    Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.
    Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.
    Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.
    Category D: Semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.
    Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. (Albeit both SA and WA do not require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after the deactivation process has taken place. This situation was the catalyst in QLD for the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black-market the loophole shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of 12 months the first 6 months using club handguns,then in the remainder of the last 6 month probationary licence, an application may be made, permit to acquire. A minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun and be a financial member of an approved Pistol Club. Source Firearms Registry - NSW Police Online
    These categories A,B,C,D and H were those determined by the NFA. The others listed here are determined by the states that have implement them at their own discretion.
    Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 sig, handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibres are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests in Australia. source Official home page of IPSC Australia Inc . Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols: magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.
    Category R/E: Restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, etc. can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms.

In my proposed laws - only those who require guns (for self defence under law is not a proper reason) are issued with one, require check ups & can only go to another category if they prove they need that weapon. This would reduce the amount of arms on the street hence deaths.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-1995-2006-1-1-.png   Firearms and self-defense-1995-2006-2.png   Firearms and self-defense-353-guns-300x0.jpg  
    07-20-2013 02:20 AM
    Simple answer? Ban guns. To all the pro gun people saying "we are responsible guns owners" well guess what many people are not responsible furthermore the other ones that say "driving also kills,should I stop driving?" Well no, you are wrong. Cars are for transportation guns are for killing/wounding. So no they are ABSOLUTELY NOT the same thing.

/flame suit

Posted via Android Central App
    SpiralBorg and Fairclough like this.
    07-20-2013 02:27 AM
    Simple answer? Ban guns. To all the pro gun people saying "we arez responzible guns ownerz" well guess what many people are not responsible furthermore the other ones that say "driving also kills,should I stop driving?" Well no, you are wrong. Cars are for transportation guns are for killing/wounding. So no they are ABSOLUTELY NOT the same thing.

/flame suit

I agree with you 100% percent.
    Guns are weapons, people should not be permitted to have something that itself, is extremely powerful. That obviously, can be used for killing, and sadly is. Some people might say its for your own protection for home invasions and other excuses , but really in the end, you may harm the person: Even when your initial intent was to protect yourself.

Sent from my MZ604
    Fairclough likes this.
    07-20-2013 02:46 AM
    Also another thing to consider, in the sandy hook massacre the boy had access to legal weapons. Not obtained illegally.

Fairclough likes this.
    07-20-2013 02:55 AM
    Do you guys view farmers and rural citizens should be allowed some, provided they prove they need it and are restricted to certain classes of guns?

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    07-20-2013 02:56 AM
    Do you guys view farmers and rural citizens should be allowed some, provided they prove they need it and are restricted to certain classes of guns?

No. And I live rural. We don't need guns.

07-20-2013 03:04 AM
    Your welcome to try and get my guns!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-20-2013 03:12 AM
    I only like some guns for their aesthetics. Other than that I say they shouldn't be available to anyone, or they can bump the price of ammunition enough to discourage or limit the amount they have.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-20-2013 04:10 AM
    Over in my state it was found that guns weren't be collected on deaths. So there is a 3 month amnesty time to turn them in or license them before prosecutions start.

I view fire arms are pretty useless for the debate of self defence. If no one has them why would you need one? Secondly here there are TRG (tactical response group - our swat) bases around the city so you would get a response quiet rapidly if there was an arms threat. I won't lie these guys take their job serious and are pretty funny to watch though.

I used to live next to a main road were they turned on from their base and a group of guys were hitting hoods of cars as they turned onto the road. They hit the TRG car and got a friendly" chase down it was gold.

Anyways besides my side track I generally think the claim for defence is a silly one.

07-20-2013 04:14 AM
    I only like some guns for their aesthetics. Other than that I say they shouldn't be available to anyone, or they can bump the price of ammunition enough to discourage or limit the amount they have.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app
    Under our law you can have most guns for a collecting even if its out of your licence it just has to be rendered useless and unable to be converted back into a weapon for future use.

07-20-2013 04:16 AM
    His father is white, his mother is Peruvian.

Sent via Note II
    That's correct.
    So if everyone can call him white, then everyone should call Obama white too, if going along with the theory that one white parent makes somebody white.

07-20-2013 07:59 AM
    His great times x to the 43,520th grand mother lived in Africa.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-20-2013 08:25 AM
    Zimmerman stalked a kid(really weird btw) and created a situation that could have been avoided. The kid was walking home. He wasn't breaking the law by any means. Zimmerman confronted the kid...

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    editing.... please hold....
    07-20-2013 08:43 AM
    We'll never agree. The WHOLE situation is unfortunate, and I wish it never happened (which is quite possible, had Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle), but that's just my take on that.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!
    07-20-2013 08:50 AM
4,617 ... 113114115116117 ...