07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 118119120121122 ...
tools
    ... because ANY situation can turn dangerous...
    As you very well know.

I'm really surprised at people that still don't realize this. People always think that breaking-news happens somewhere else.

The complacent and comfortably numb have it so easy.

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    08-22-2013 01:27 PM
    Found this online, it pertains to the discussion.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-uploadfromtaptalk1377196317191.jpg  
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-22-2013 01:32 PM
    As you very well know.

I'm really surprised at people that still don't realize this. People always think that breaking-news happens somewhere else.

The complacent and comfortably numb have it so easy.

In the 70's we had the opportunity to buy a row house (townhouse) in Baltimore City for $1.00. My husband is a carpenter and he would have rehabbed the house and we could have made a nice profit. The stipulation was, you had to live in the house for at least 5 years. We had a 2 year old child at the time. I said NO! The area was not safe and I don't care how much money we could have made, it wasn't worth the risk to my husband or our family to live there. The houses are going for 200,000+, does it bother me? Nope. We live comfortably in the boonies with a long driveway and no one steps on our property unless invited.

Risk mitigated.

Sent via Note II
    08-22-2013 02:15 PM
    In the 70's we had the opportunity to buy a row house (townhouse) in Baltimore City for $1.00. My husband is a carpenter and he would have rehabbed the house and we could have made a nice profit. The stipulation was, you had to live in the house for at least 5 years. We had a 2 year old child at the time. I said NO! The area was not safe and I don't care how much money we could have made, it wasn't worth the risk to my husband or our family to live there. The houses are going for 200,000+, does it bother me? Nope. We live comfortably in the boonies with a long driveway and no one steps on our property unless invited.

Risk mitigated.

Sent via Note II
    Your risk there might've been mitigated.

But -
    Surely you've been to the movies.
    Surely you've been to school.
    Surely you've been to the mall.

Aurora (movie theater, low risk, we go to movies all the time, complacency loses)

Various shopping malls around the country, and even in Canada (low risk, who hasn't been to a shopping mall? Complacency loses again)

Jonesboro, Arkansas (School, complacency loses again)
    Columbine (School, complacency loses again)
    Sandy Hook (ELEMENTARY school, extremely low risk, who would slaughter innocent little school children? Complacency loses again)

The list goes on and on and on....

Risk: Unabated

And with the media glorifying these tragedies-

Risk: Elevated

08-22-2013 02:46 PM
    I agree, to a point.

I don't go to movie theaters, and I haven't been to the Mall since around 1999.

No, you can't mitigate all risks, but the ones you can, you'd be crazy not to.

Because, in truth, if it's your time, it's your time. And nothing is going to mitigate that.

Sent via Note II
    08-22-2013 02:49 PM
    I agree, to a point.
    PM sent

msndrstood likes this.
    08-22-2013 03:00 PM
    I cannot speak for anyone else here, but personally I do not repeatedly put myself or my family in dangerous situations. I carry a weapon because ANY situation can turn dangerous despite the precautions you might take.

What I'm not going to do is get into an argument with you about putting words into your mouth or attacking someones character. All that would do is get this thread closed and I for one do not want to see that happen.
    I don't want to get into an argument either, and please ignore the you's in this post. This is the way I speak, and if I had more time I would properly write this. Think of you as ANYONE. Not you personally.
    I think you said it yourself quite clearly.

Any situation can turn dangerous, that includes you using your firearm to kill someone innocent. What is more dangerous an angry upset man with a loaded gun. Or an angry man with a fist? What exact guarantee can you give me that you won't ever point that gun to someone who has offended you or kill someone when NOT defending yourself?

Honestly I don't think many of you guys have been in truly a terrifying situation. Yes I've have been a victim of gun related crimes, had friends, and family who have been victims of crimes as well, and also have about 2 dozen relatives currently living in drug war territories in Mexico. They STILL refuse to carry firearms. They are aware of the risk, but they are also aware guns are to kill people and why would you want to kill people when what you are trying to stop is people killing people?

I know danger perfectly well, it's experience being the one with a gun pointed at me, knowing friends who were killed over gang related shootings, etc that I DO believe guns should be further controlled. Not abolished, but definitely have tighter gun control laws. Some of us can move on with life after being victims, we do not cower we do NOT let these things affect our quality of life.
    Lastly I think it's cowardly to carry a gun because dangerous situations can happen "at any time", you are giving in to fear over reason, in my opinion. Those that choose not to carry while actively understanding the dangerous of everyday life and refusing to let emotions lead our actions are far braver than anyone who thinks carrying is the responsible thing to do. People have to make a stand, and say no to violence even if violence is committed unto them.

Now tell me, are you infallible? Could you really say with certainty that you would not use that gun to kill someone without good reason? Can you prove that?
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-22-2013 03:17 PM
    PM sent

PM received and responded.

Sent via Note II
    08-22-2013 03:32 PM
    I don't want to get into an argument either, and please ignore the you's in this post. This is the way I speak, and if I had more time I would properly write this. Think of you as ANYONE. Not you personally.
    I think you said it yourself quite clearly.

Any situation can turn dangerous, that includes you using your firearm to kill someone innocent. What is more dangerous an angry upset man with a loaded gun. Or an angry man with a fist? What exact guarantee can you give me that you won't ever point that gun to someone who has offended you or kill someone when NOT defending yourself?

Honestly I don't think many of you guys have been in truly a terrifying situation. Yes I've have been a victim of gun related crimes, had friends, and family who have been victims of crimes as well, and also have about 2 dozen relatives currently living in drug war territories in Mexico. They STILL refuse to carry firearms. They are aware of the risk, but they are also aware guns are to kill people and why would you want to kill people when what you are trying to stop is people killing people?

I know danger perfectly well, it's experience being the one with a gun pointed at me, knowing friends who were killed over gang related shootings, etc that I DO believe guns should be further controlled. Not abolished, but definitely have tighter gun control laws. Some of us can move on with life after being victims, we do not cower we do NOT let these things affect our quality of life.
    Lastly I think it's cowardly to carry a gun because dangerous situations can happen "at any time", you are giving in to fear over reason, in my opinion. Those that choose not to carry while actively understanding the dangerous of everyday life and refusing to let emotions lead our actions are far braver than anyone who thinks carrying is the responsible thing to do. People have to make a stand, and say no to violence even if violence is committed unto them.

Now tell me, are you infallible? Could you really say with certainty that you would not use that gun to kill someone without good reason? Can you prove that?

Speaking only for myself, I have open and concealed carry a firearm for all of my adult life with the exception of my time while on duty in the Navy. I was mugged at gun point in Virginia and was shot in the head by the criminal, so yes I have been in dangerous situations. I have also lost very good friends to gun violence, if you Google the name in my Sig line you'll see that he was one of the victims of James Holmes at the theater in Aurora, CO. Matt and I were actually texting while my son and I were in line at the theater here and him and his g/f were getting ready to leave. My last text to him was just before the movie started.
    ------------------------

I'll respond to the rest later when I have more time...
    08-22-2013 03:38 PM
    Your risk there might've been mitigated.

But -
    Surely you've been to the movies.
    Surely you've been to school.
    Surely you've been to the mall.

Aurora (movie theater, low risk, we go to movies all the time, complacency loses)

Various shopping malls around the country, and even in Canada (low risk, who hasn't been to a shopping mall? Complacency loses again)

Jonesboro, Arkansas (School, complacency loses again)
    Columbine (School, complacency loses again)
    Sandy Hook (ELEMENTARY school, extremely low risk, who would slaughter innocent little school children? Complacency loses again)

The list goes on and on and on....

Risk: Unabated

And with the media glorifying these tragedies-

Risk: Elevated

These were also "gun free zones", the theater in Aurora was the only one in the area that was a gun free zone. The others allowed conceal carry.
    08-22-2013 03:43 PM
    So if you know fire burns you after you experience it once, you will stick your back in? For what reason? Are you obligated to stop touching fire? No, you really are not but if you must insist go ahead this is a free country.
    Lastly obligated is a rather weak word to use but go ahead and use it, you are obligated to monger up drama and shock jock.
    So all non criminals should flee all of the cities? Why not expel the criminals instead?
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-22-2013 05:29 PM
    So all non criminals should flee all of the cities? Why not expel the criminals instead?
    I think we should put them on row boats in the Bermuda Triangle.

jdbii likes this.
    08-22-2013 06:01 PM
    I think we should start cutting off hands for stealing and if you murder someone, you will be put to death.....quickly
    08-22-2013 06:08 PM
    I think we should start cutting off hands for stealing and if you murder someone, you will be put to death.....quickly
    No, NOT quickly.
    In the same way they killed.

Quickly would be an easy way out for them.

Kill them quickly only in the sense that they wouldn't be leeching off our tax dollars for years and years.

08-22-2013 06:12 PM
    Maybe we could use a capital punishment thread
    08-22-2013 06:23 PM
    I wonder.

Would these cowardly idiots kill like they do if they knew they would suffer the same way they imposed on others?

08-22-2013 06:24 PM
    Please hold...

08-22-2013 06:35 PM
    If only in a perfect world.
    08-22-2013 06:43 PM
    Done.

08-22-2013 06:44 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/pol...unishment.html ?
    08-22-2013 06:53 PM
    Feel free to laugh at this, but this thread has two views. Excuse the metaphor.
    Ones who view you can stop global warming by releasing more co2 into the atmosphere (so eventually its destroys the atmosphere than to release more to create a new atmosphere, allowing global ocean convener belts to start again by warming it again by trapping radiation in.) or the ones who want to stop pouring Co2 into the Air to stop global warming and to reverse co2 emissions.

Hint: co2 is code for guns
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-co2.png  
    08-23-2013 09:50 AM
    Feel free to laugh at this, but this thread has two views. Excuse the metaphor.
    Ones who view you can stop global warming by releasing more co2 into the atmosphere (so eventually its destroys the atmosphere than to release more it thinks it, allowing global ocean convener belts to start again by warming it again by trapping radiation in.) or the ones who want to stop pouring Co2 into the Air to stop global warming and to reverse co2 emissions.

Hint: co2 is code for guns
    Hint, guns aren't the problem

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-23-2013 10:00 AM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The gun that went off in a child's back pack yesterday when it hit the floor in a classroom wasn't the problem either.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough and jdbii like this.
    08-23-2013 10:05 AM
    If guns aren't the problem why massacres occur please inform me what is?
    Last time I checked there is a bloody good correlation coefficient between guns and gun homicides. I also checked that, since a gun restriction 16 years ago we have had 0 Massacres, were in that same time frame prior we had 102 dead from massacres.

What was the change in that time gap, please tell me if it wasn't guns what stopped it? Was it off shore processing for asylum seekers? was it global warming... oh wait I got a good answers it could of been an temporary ban on cattle exports in 2012. I think that was it
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    08-23-2013 10:09 AM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Pencils kill people. Therefore pencils must be banned.
    Guns kill people. Therefore guns must be banned.
    Pencils are not really dangerous. Therefore guns aren't dangerous either.

What they are forgetting to mention is you don't write a check, you don't take notes with a gun. The primary function of a gun is to kill, period. The primary function of a Pencil is to write. It's secondary function to erase (eraser), thirtiary function to throw at people to annoy them. Going down the list to maybe the 1100th function: to kill someone. Maybe.
    To think a gun is just as dangerous as a pencil (or bat, string, etc) is a joke.

Anyways it is pretty clear people in this thread have serious issues, are not taking the thread seriously in the slightest, or and follow the same instinct and emotions as many before who have turned to violence as the answer for everything.
    This shows their tremendous cowardice and weakness of character NOT being confident in their abilities to handle a situation without the use of violence.
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-23-2013 10:16 AM
4,617 ... 118119120121122 ...