07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 119120121122123 ...
tools
    There are millions of gun owners that killed no one yesterday. Who is to protect you and your family? Its not the police's responsibility. If you don't like guns don't buy one.

As far as the backpack.... Really? You're blaming a gun? What about this waterheads parents? People make decisions, tools don't.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-23-2013 10:21 AM
    Pencils kill people. Therefore pencils must be banned.
    Guns kill people. Therefore guns must be banned.
    Pencils are not really dangerous. Therefore guns aren't dangerous either.

What they are forgetting to mention is you don't write a check, you don't take notes with a gun. The primary function of a gun is to kill, period. The primary function of a Pencil is to write. It's secondary function to erase (eraser), thirtiary function to throw at people to annoy them. Going down the list to maybe the 1100th function: to kill someone. Maybe.
    To think a gun is just as dangerous as a pencil (or bat, string, etc) is a joke.

Anyways it is pretty clear people in this thread have serious issues, are not taking the thread seriously in the slightest, or and follow the same instinct and emotions as many before who have turned to violence as the answer for everything.
    This shows their tremendous cowardice and weakness of character NOT being confident in their abilities to handle a situation without the use of violence.
    You do realize that more people are killed with bats and hammers than guns last year right? Guns are my right. To protect my family, my country, and myself from my country.

People don't look for trouble. If you think its a persons responsibility to stay out of public places than keep giving criminals excuses.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-23-2013 10:27 AM
    Sure there are plenty who mean no harm. It only takes one to walk out with a AR15 and spray down 35 innocent lives and injure another 20.
    Sounds unlikely? Look up Port Arthur and the other 3 before that which all has automatic weapons. Oh, I would like to say he was a law abiding citizen before that even occurred :O|

Have you came up for a reason why we haven't had a massacre since tightening of laws while in the same time frame we had 102 dead? I will give you the answer.
    "on April 28, 1996, Martin Bryant, a psychologically disturbed man, used a semiautomatic Armalite rifle and a semiautomatic SKS assault weapon to kill 35 people in a murderous rampage in Port Arthur, Tasmania. After this wanton slaughter, I knew that I had to use the authority of my office to curb the possession and use of the type of weapons that killed 35 innocent people. I also knew it wouldnt be easy. Our challenges were different from Americas. Australia is an even more intensely urban society, with close to 60 percent of our people living in large cities... [Technical aspects how the government could do the unconstitutional here]...
    To make this plan work, there had to be a federally financed gun buyback scheme. Ultimately, the cost of the buyback was met by a special one-off tax imposed on all Australians. This required new legislation and was widely accepted across the political spectrum. Almost 700,000 guns were bought back and destroyed the equivalent of 40 million guns in the United States." - John Howard, Former Australian Prime Minster,

Well I am off for the night.
    08-23-2013 10:30 AM
    I think this sums this thread up nicely.
    08-23-2013 10:57 AM
    08-23-2013 11:03 AM
    08-23-2013 11:05 AM
    08-23-2013 11:07 AM
    I can post links too

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...ffs_deput.html

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...ticle?gcheck=1

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...-deputy-bullet

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15081735/n...un-goes-party/

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr...oting-20130408

And last but not least, statistics cited by a lot of gun people, but not exactly like the way they say it is...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile

Guns DO kill more people than all the other methods mentioned including those infamous rocks and hammers.

It's all in how you read the stats.

Sent via Note II
    jdbii and Fairclough like this.
    08-23-2013 11:34 AM
    Stats, shmats

We have to fix the psychology of these people, the laws are obviously not working.

08-23-2013 12:20 PM
    By the way,

Where are all the marches, protests, death threats, special conferences, Al, Jesse, the people on this very forum that were so outraged during the Zimmerman trial..... where's the outrage regarding the jogger that got shot and killed by the black kid?

Oh. I should've known.

Wiley_11 likes this.
    08-23-2013 12:25 PM
    where's the outrage regarding the jogger that got shot and killed by the black kid
    Sorry if I'm jumping in late or if the reference is to somebody else, but are you referring to Christopher Lane? There's been plenty of outrage. Its been all over the headlines and widely reported worldwide. It was a brutal, stupid, and incomprehensible tragedy.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-23-2013 12:51 PM
    Sorry if I'm jumping in late or if the reference is to somebody else, but are you referring to Christopher Lane? There's been plenty of outrage. Its been all over the headlines and widely reported worldwide. It was a brutal, stupid, and incomprehensible tragedy.
    Yes.
    "All over the headlines and widely reported.... "

I'm sorry, I haven't noticed the marches in all the cities across the country. I haven't noticed Big Brothers Al and Jesse condemning the black kid that shot the white guy in the back because he "was bored". I haven't noticed Obama saying that the murderer looked like him as a kid. I haven't heard that his family, neighbors or people that he pulled to safety out of car wrecks getting death threats. I still have yet to see all the superficially shocked and dismayed people that wrote with such feeling in the Zimmerman thread even make a whisper about this case.

Maybe I just haven't noticed.

08-23-2013 01:22 PM
    Stats, shmats

We have to fix the psychology of these people, the laws are obviously not working.

But, how can we when so many don't have health care?

There's that Catch 22 rearing it's ugly head again.

Sent via Note II
    08-23-2013 01:24 PM
    By the way,

Where are all the marches, protests, death threats, special conferences, Al, Jesse, the people on this very forum that were so outraged during the Zimmerman trial..... where's the outrage regarding the jogger that got shot and killed by the black kid?

Oh. I should've known.

I've seen it in the news, Rev Al has discussed it every day this week. And one of the three were white. So it's out there.

How about the nice lady that talked the crazy kid down from the latest school fiasco in GA. She did it without a gun, too.

Sent via Note II
    jdbii and Fairclough like this.
    08-23-2013 01:27 PM
    By the way,

Oh. I should've known.

Maybe they were just *keeping their powder dry* so to speak, waiting for this story. :smh:.........

Demetruis Glenn, Teen Suspect In Beating Death Of WWII Vet, To Be Charged As Adult
    08-23-2013 01:31 PM
    Yes.
    "All over the headlines and widely reported.... "

I'm sorry, I haven't noticed the marches in all the cities across the country. I haven't noticed Big Brothers Al and Jesse condemning the black kid that shot the white guy in the back because he "was bored". I haven't noticed Obama saying that the murderer looked like him as a kid. I haven't heard that his family, neighbors or people that he pulled to safety out of car wrecks getting death threats. I still have yet to see all the superficially shocked and dismayed people that wrote with such feeling in the Zimmerman thread even make a whisper about this case.

Maybe I just haven't noticed.

There's a difference (imho). There was a perceived miscarriage of justice in the GZ tragedy that fueled the outrage that isn't present in the Chris Lane tragedy.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-23-2013 01:42 PM
    There's a difference (imho). There was a perceived miscarriage of justice in the GZ tragedy that fueled the outrage that isn't present in the Chris Lane tragedy.
    There was all kinds of outrage way before the supposed miscarriage.

08-23-2013 01:52 PM
    I've seen it in the news, Rev Al has discussed it every day this week. And one of the three were white. So it's out there.

How about the nice lady that talked the crazy kid down from the latest school fiasco in GA. She did it without a gun, too.

Sent via Note II
    A race baiter "discussing"... heh, all of a sudden, he discusses.

And yes, the bookkeeper in the school here in Atlanta did A TERRIFIC job, no doubt about it.

But you do realize how easily he could've just shot her, right?

08-23-2013 01:59 PM
    Pencils kill people. Therefore pencils must be banned.
    Guns kill people. Therefore guns must be banned.
    Pencils are not really dangerous. Therefore guns aren't dangerous either.

What they are forgetting to mention is you don't write a check, you don't take notes with a gun. The primary function of a gun is to kill, period. The primary function of a Pencil is to write. It's secondary function to erase (eraser), thirtiary function to throw at people to annoy them. Going down the list to maybe the 1100th function: to kill someone. Maybe.
    To think a gun is just as dangerous as a pencil (or bat, string, etc) is a joke.

Anyways it is pretty clear people in this thread have serious issues, are not taking the thread seriously in the slightest, or and follow the same instinct and emotions as many before who have turned to violence as the answer for everything.
    This shows their tremendous cowardice and weakness of character NOT being confident in their abilities to handle a situation without the use of violence.
    What happened to being held responsible for your actions.....

So the next time my brother in law bounces a check I can just tell him to blame the pen since it's primary function is to write? Instead of just long term loaning (giving) him the money?

You know those FBI statistics that I told you about, the same ones I'd almost be willing to bet you didn't look at? Well according to them there are more people murdered by blunt objects such as a baseball bat, hammer etc than there are by rifles.....
    08-23-2013 02:21 PM
    Or the ww2 vet that got beaten to death by 2 people.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-23-2013 02:21 PM
    Sure there are plenty who mean no harm. It only takes one to walk out with a AR15 and spray down 35 innocent lives and injure another 20.
    Sounds unlikely? Look up Port Arthur and the other 3 before that which all has automatic weapons. Oh, I would like to say he was a law abiding citizen before that even occurred :O|

Have you came up for a reason why we haven't had a massacre since tightening of laws while in the same time frame we had 102 dead? I will give you the answer.
    "on April 28, 1996, Martin Bryant, a psychologically disturbed man, used a semiautomatic Armalite rifle and a semiautomatic SKS assault weapon to kill 35 people in a murderous rampage in Port Arthur, Tasmania. After this wanton slaughter, I knew that I had to use the authority of my office to curb the possession and use of the type of weapons that killed 35 innocent people. I also knew it wouldnt be easy. Our challenges were different from Americas. Australia is an even more intensely urban society, with close to 60 percent of our people living in large cities... [Technical aspects how the government could do the unconstitutional here]...
    To make this plan work, there had to be a federally financed gun buyback scheme. Ultimately, the cost of the buyback was met by a special one-off tax imposed on all Australians. This required new legislation and was widely accepted across the political spectrum. Almost 700,000 guns were bought back and destroyed the equivalent of 40 million guns in the United States." - John Howard, Former Australian Prime Minster,
    First off, an ar15 is NOT an automatic weapon

Secondly, why would a psychologically disturbed man be allowed legal access to this type of weapon?

I can only assume he accessed it legally, filled out all the required paperwork and did not falsify any information, etc....

Port Arthur massacre (Australia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-23-2013 02:27 PM
    First off, an ar15 is NOT an automatic weapon

Secondly, why would a psychologically disturbed man be allowed legal access to this type of weapon?
    They aren't but because some people don't like something, they want it outlawed because they think it won't affect them. Cars kill more people than guns but wait, we can't ban those. I need one of those.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-23-2013 02:30 PM
    I am really glad I looked into this myself, it seems that some rather important information got lost before it made it to A/C.

Such as: All the firearms he purchased were bought without a Firearms Licence which one must have in order to get any firearms or Ammunition.
    08-23-2013 02:39 PM
    If guns aren't the problem why massacres occur please inform me what is?
    Last time I checked there is a bloody good correlation coefficient between guns and gun homicides. I also checked that, since a gun restriction 16 years ago we have had 0 Massacres, were in that same time frame prior we had 102 dead from massacres.

What was the change in that time gap, please tell me if it wasn't guns what stopped it? Was it off shore processing for asylum seekers? was it global warming... oh wait I got a good answers it could of been an temporary ban on cattle exports in 2012. I think that was it
    If every person was sane, there wouldn't be any massacres. Crazy people will use anything to kill, guns included.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2013 03:18 PM
    A race baiter "discussing"... heh, all of a sudden, he discusses.

And yes, the bookkeeper in the school here in Atlanta did A TERRIFIC job, no doubt about it.

But you do realize how easily he could've just shot her, right?

That guy wasn't interested in shooting anyone. He wanted to get arrested. Or more likely, suicide by police.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2013 03:19 PM
4,617 ... 119120121122123 ...