07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 126127128129130 ...
tools
    Post #687, provided by msunderstood provided a link that verified what i said in my last post. This was a post that you liked and thanked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Quoted wrong post
    08-26-2013 10:18 PM
    Look in my previous posts. Crime doesn't drop with guns in the long term. I'm in. A lecture now but I will search back when I'm home.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-26-2013 10:25 PM
    I read your question wrong, I answered it how I would apologise to the family if I was responsible for not prosecuting.

If that was the case; I would still react the same knowing that the laws should be tougher in access. There should be a general while restriction. Those kids in the case were using guns with saved serials so it suggests it was taken in an illegal manner anyways.

08-26-2013 10:30 PM
    I read your question wrong, I answered it how I would apologise to the family if I was responsible for not prosecuting.

If that was the case; I would still react the same knowing that the laws should be tougher in access. There should be a general while restriction. Those kids in the case were using guns with saved serials so it suggests it was taken in an illegal manner anyways.

Laws should limit a CRIMINAL's access to firearms, not a law abiding citizens.
    cdmjlt369 and The Hustleman like this.
    08-26-2013 10:45 PM
    Criminals are all once law abiding citizens

msndrstood likes this.
    08-26-2013 10:47 PM

...seriously? That's your argument?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2013 10:50 PM
    Its true though, how can you foresee into the future that someone may or may not turn into a criminal? You can't and by that stage they could have the weapons. OK example. I pee l2r off a lot, his having a rough day, something happens etc and for some reason he looses his but and goes out to kill someone.... He already has 350 guns to do that with. I am not saying he would so such a crime, I used him as an example as he is probably the one with the most weapons, semi and automatic weapons here. Would the law be able to foresee this could happen?

08-26-2013 10:56 PM

Once they break the law they become criminals.

Also, not all law abiding citizens become criminals.
    08-26-2013 10:57 PM
    Its true though, how can you foresee into the future that someone may or may not turn into a criminal? You can't and by that stage they could have the weapons. OK example. I pee l2r off a lot, his having a rough day, something happens etc and for some reason he looses his but and goes out to kill someone.... He already has 350 guns to do that with. I am not saying he would so such a crime, I used him as an example as he is probably the one with the most weapons, semi and automatic weapons here. Would the law be able to foresee this could happen?

First off, as I have stated before I do NOT own any automatic weapons.

By not killing someone because they p me off makes me...... A law abiding citizen.

But going with this conversation for discussions sake let's say my dad and grandpa were both alcoholics. Which means that more than likely I would have the predilection to be an alcoholic as well. Should I be denied a drivers license based on the possibility that I might drink and drive at some point?
    ---------

In our justice system you cannot punish a person for a crime that they have not committed.

Also by denying me access to firearms you are punishing me for someone else's crimes
    The Hustleman likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:07 PM
    The primary function of a car is drive, not to kill. Thus there is a primary difference. If you prevent guns the scenario really can't happen. Changes are they wouldn't be able to run over as many people as one could shoot. One could argue all calls could come with breatherlisers not just some trucks.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:30 PM
    Yet the primary function of a hammer is to pound nails, the primary function of a knife is to cut food, the primary function of a baseball bat is to hit baseballs, but these items are used to murder more people than the so called assault rifles.

Let's not forget the terrorists that crashed the planes into the world trade center used box cutters to take over the planes, so the primary function of an item isn't a very good argument for gun control.

If you run a car or truck down the sidewalk in let's say New York City during lunch hour you are going to kill some people.

At some point you have to hold the individual responsible for the way he or she decides to use the tool or item that they hold in their hand.
    08-26-2013 11:36 PM
    We're in the business of not prosecuting crimes until they're attempted.
    08-27-2013 03:27 AM

08-27-2013 03:34 AM
    I better call the government and say I should be allowed access to nuclear arms and tank with missiles, because its individuals who kill people thus I am law abiding citizen - I should be allowed this equipment like everyone else. Actually, I should tell the TRG that their guns are useless, they should arm up with knives because they do more damage, apparently. Fact is, Law Abiding Citizens snap now and than, I can give a staff member's personal experience where a badge - almost lead to him beating someone an inch of their life and the ironic bit is, his the calmed, nicest, most tolerant man and a former priest who left to get married.

From the previous posts, I guess i should expand.
    his probably the nicest man I've ever met. He was a former priest, he quit and got married. He grew up Ireland, he was scout. One day, a man was wearing badge at a scout meet. He pointed out the mans badge he was wearing wasn't a scout badge, but a military. He paused, than said "I must have put it on by accident today, I didn't realise but it is mine and I earned it." The last bit made him snap, he lifted up man and to his recount he said he thought he was going to kill or at least to an inch of his life. He paused, looked in the guys eyes who was saying sorry and dropped him. He replied "Thanks you, I forgive for all your actions". The badge the guy was wearing, was the one awarded to the soldiers who killed citizens during civil conflict. These Citizens, included his family, his friends and community members of the catholic irish community (talk about religion causing wars). His a law abiding citizen, but if he had a gun - that guy could of been dead before he had a chance to think about what he was doing.

LIke Deb, posted before, guy shot for brushing shoulders. Welcome to Guns.
    msndrstood and TomsAndroid like this.
    08-27-2013 03:45 AM
    I better call the government and say I should be allowed access to nuclear arms and tank with missiles, because its individuals who kill people thus I am law abiding citizen - I should be allowed this equipment like everyone else. Actually, I should tell the TRG that their guns are useless, they should arm up with knives because they do more damage, apparently. Fact is, Law Abiding Citizens snap now and than, I can give a staff member's personal experience where a badge - almost lead to him beating someone an inch of their life and the ironic bit is, his the calmed, nicest, most tolerant man and a former priest who left to get married.

his probably the nicest man I've ever met. He was a former priest, he quit and got married. He grew up Ireland, he was scout. One day, a man was wearing badge at a scout meet. He pointed out the mans badge he was wearing wasn't a scout badge, but a military. He paused, than said "I must have put it on by accident today, I didn't realise but it is mine and I earned it." The last bit made him snap, he lifted up man and to his recount he said he thought he was going to kill or at least to an inch of his life. He paused, looked in the guys eyes who was saying sorry and dropped him. He replied "Thanks you, I forgive for all your actions". The badge the guy was wearing, was the one awarded to the soldiers who killed citizens during civil conflict. These Citizens, included his family, his friends and community members of the catholic irish community (talk about religion causing wars). His a law abiding citizen, but if he had a gun - that guy could of been dead before he had a chance to think about what he was doing.

Long story short -

He also could've been sliced 'n diced like a tomato.

Welcome to cookware.

Fairclough likes this.
    08-27-2013 04:49 AM
    Precisely, Horrid memories brought up makes law abiding citizens snap and if they have a weapon - i feel sorry for the man on the other end. A gun, would leave not a chance for the other person.
    08-27-2013 07:41 AM

Parts of this post point out to people being the problem. No matter what you are talking about, people can find a way to misuse almost anything. Many deaths are caused each year by patients mistaking pain medication. Should we get rid of pain medication because some people misuse it. There is a huge list of things that can be used for good or bad, thats nearly everything. What we need to do is start teaching our kids personal responsibility and that there are consequences in life. Enforcing and prosecuting people properly for their crimes. Over time, even the amount and coust of prosecutions would go down when people see its not just a slap on the hand anymore. If you're going to take away things because some people misuse them, you will be taking away almost everything. Lets just go back to the horse and buggy days

Serial Fordicator likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:43 AM
    Yet the primary function of a hammer is to pound nails, the primary function of a knife is to cut food, the primary function of a baseball bat is to hit baseballs, but these items are used to murder more people than the so called assault rifles.

Let's not forget the terrorists that crashed the planes into the world trade center used box cutters to take over the planes, so the primary function of an item isn't a very good argument for gun control.

If you run a car or truck down the sidewalk in let's say New York City during lunch hour you are going to kill some people.

At some point you have to hold the individual responsible for the way he or she decides to use the tool or item that they hold in their hand.
    Looking at primary use, my guns are for drilling holes in paper. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-27-2013 08:12 AM
    Lmfao flying quaking paper and the elusive drown spotted paper with the antlers

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    08-27-2013 09:01 AM
    Parts of this post point out to people being the problem. No matter what you are talking about, people can find a way to misuse almost anything. Many deaths are caused each year by patients mistaking pain medication. Should we get rid of pain medication because some people misuse it. There is a huge list of things that can be used for good or bad, thats nearly everything. What we need to do is start teaching our kids personal responsibility and that there are consequences in life. Enforcing and prosecuting people properly for their crimes. Over time, even the amount and coust of prosecutions would go down when people see its not just a slap on the hand anymore. If you're going to take away things because some people misuse them, you will be taking away almost everything. Lets just go back to the horse and buggy days

Jails are full of people who have committed gun crimes. It's no longer an effective deterrent. Some gangs encourage their members to violate their parole to get back in and strengthen the prison gang.

There has to be another answer.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:21 AM
    Jails are full of people who have committed gun crimes. It's no longer an effective deterrent. Some gangs encourage their members to violate their parole to get back in and strengthen the prison gang.

There has to be another answer.

Sent via Note II
    But sentencing is terrible...penalty is light and then no one ever serves the whole sentence. Still just a slap on the hand.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:28 AM
    Fry the bastards.

*No disrespect to chefs, McDonald's employees nor deep-fryer manufacturers.

08-27-2013 09:35 AM
    So your suggesting people get executed for lying on a form? Oh wow, might aswell chop a homeless mans hand off for stealing bread. MSNDRSTOOD is trying to say some people want to be in gaol thats the thing! the gaols are crowded so its not the best idea to ramp up sentences when they want to be back in there. Believe it or not you wan't to keep as many people out of gaol who aren't a threat to society, sadly this is a gun debate and most people with guns can be a threat.

Cdmjlt since you reject most idea's of any form of restriction due to your rights, what is you suggestion besides... bigger setences, more convictions for small crimes I would like to hear this and please while your at it you can be the one who actually tells me how Australia stopped massacres if it wasn't gun laws rather the vague 'it can be multiple of factors' which seams to be reporting because if you watched my daily news show video - that got disproven by a gun rep who said "their massacres were non excists, oh I never they that many.. two being a massacre. Oh four, wow thats something..." he than tried to save his case by saying guns are like swimming pools, the more you have the more deaths which will occur. He really wasn't helping his case.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:42 AM
    ITS THE PEOPLE THAT KILL DEAL WITH IT THE GUN IS A TOOL IF NOT A KNIFE IF NOT BARE HANDS IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!! IF A PERSON WANTS TO KILL IT WILL BE ATTEMPTED QUIT QUIVERING IN YOUR SELF RITIOUS BELIEFS THAT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE IMPERVIOUS ITS OUR NATURE AS HUMAN BEING EVEN IN THE BIBLE PEOPLE WERE STONED SHOULD WE BAN STONES AS A POTENTIAL WEAPON UM I THINK NOT SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN SHUN PEACE AND WANT TO WATCH PEOPLE BLEED DEAL WITH IT SOME PEOPLE ARE EVIL IF ITS A KNIFE A GUN BARE HANDS STONES A STEEL TOE BOOT A MAG LIGHT TO BASH SOMEONE'S SKULL IN SOME OF THE ORIGINAL MOBSTERS USED BASEBALL BATS

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    08-27-2013 11:09 AM
    Fry the bastards.
    You're starting to sound like Colonel Sanders...
    08-27-2013 11:10 AM
4,617 ... 126127128129130 ...