07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 127128129130131 ...
tools
    ITS THE PEOPLE THAT KILL DEAL WITH IT THE GUN IS A TOOL IF NOT A KNIFE IF NOT BARE HANDS IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!! IF A PERSON WANTS TO KILL IT WILL BE ATTEMPTED QUIT QUIVERING IN YOUR SELF RITIOUS BELIEFS THAT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE IMPERVIOUS ITS OUR NATURE AS HUMAN BEING EVEN IN THE BIBLE PEOPLE WERE STONED SHOULD WE BAN STONES AS A POTENTIAL WEAPON UM I THINK NOT SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN SHUN PEACE AND WANT TO WATCH PEOPLE BLEED DEAL WITH IT SOME PEOPLE ARE EVIL IF ITS A KNIFE A GUN BARE HANDS STONES A STEEL TOE BOOT A MAG LIGHT TO BASH SOMEONE'S SKULL IN SOME OF THE ORIGINAL MOBSTERS USED BASEBALL BATS

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    Please refrain from using all caps, it comes off as an angry rant. Capping a word or phrase here and there to bring attention to a certain point is fine. But not an entire post... Thanks
    SpiralBorg and TomsAndroid like this.
    08-27-2013 11:14 AM
    Jails are full of people who have committed gun crimes. It's no longer an effective deterrent. Some gangs encourage their members to violate their parole to get back in and strengthen the prison gang.

There has to be another answer.

Sent via Note II
    That's because prison is no longer a punishment, heck they get free cable TV, somewhat restricted internet access, free medical/with prescriptions, 3 meals a day, free use of exercise equipment.

Make prison a punishment, bring back the chain gangs, make doing time a deterrent.
    08-27-2013 11:19 AM
    So your suggesting people get executed for lying on a form? Oh wow, might aswell chop a homeless mans hand off for stealing bread. MSNDRSTOOD is trying to say some people want to be in gaol thats the thing! the gaols are crowded so its not the best idea to ramp up sentences when they want to be back in there. Believe it or not you wan't to keep as many people out of gaol who aren't a threat to society, sadly this is a gun debate and most people with guns can be a threat.

Cdmjlt since you reject most idea's of any form of restriction due to your rights, what is you suggestion besides... bigger setences, more convictions for small crimes I would like to hear this and please while your at it you can be the one who actually tells me how Australia stopped massacres if it wasn't gun laws rather the vague 'it can be multiple of factors' which seams to be reporting because if you watched my daily news show video - that got disproven by a gun rep who said "their massacres were non excists, oh I never they that many.. two being a massacre. Oh four, wow thats something..." he than tried to save his case by saying guns are like swimming pools, the more you have the more deaths which will occur. He really wasn't helping his case.
    If sentences were more firm, that could potentially reduce crime in itself. As fsr as Australia goes, good for them. They were willing to give up what we call a right. Australia has no borders with other countries. Their gun control would be a lot less succesful if they bordered other countries. We have borders to the north and south and the US/mexico border is constantly crossed illegally. Advantage Australia. If you seriously take a look at the violent crime rate statistics, the US isn't even in the top 10. There are many countries ranked higher than the US with strict gun control laws.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    The Hustleman likes this.
    08-27-2013 11:29 AM
    That's because prison is no longer a punishment, heck they get free cable TV, somewhat restricted internet access, free medical/with prescriptions, 3 meals a day, free use of exercise equipment.

Make prison a punishment, bring back the chain gangs, make doing time a deterrent.
    Are you sure about that? The only prisons like that are the private prisons that you have to pay to stay. I'd like to see a prison that has cable tv in cells with internet access.

And I would think that anytime you're locked up away from family and friends isn't much of a pleasant experience. Especially if you're not in a gang. I hardly think they are country clubs, really.

Sent via Note II
    08-27-2013 11:50 AM
    HUMAN HISTORY LESSON !!!!!!!!! BEFORE GUNS IT WAS SWORDS BOWS ARROWS SPEARS SHIELDS ARMOR HORSES LOOK AT THE CRUSADES WE STILL RAPED PILLAGED KILLED BURNED WHOLE CITIES TO THE GROUND DID THEY USE GUNS? NOPE!!!!!!! THEY WEREN'T INVENTED YET DONT BE A PEACE BRAINWASHED HIPPIE SIMPLETON GUNS DONT AIM AND PULL the HE TRIGGER BY ITSELF WHO PULLS IT?? THE PERSON WHO SHOOTS SOMEONE THE PERSON WHO GOES TO JAIL? THE PERSON!!!!

Stop screaming.

It's annoying.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    08-27-2013 11:51 AM
    HUMAN HISTORY LESSON !!!!!!!!! BEFORE GUNS IT WAS SWORDS BOWS ARROWS SPEARS SHIELDS ARMOR HORSES LOOK AT THE CRUSADES WE STILL RAPED PILLAGED KILLED BURNED WHOLE CITIES TO THE GROUND DID THEY USE GUNS? NOPE!!!!!!! THEY WEREN'T INVENTED YET DONT BE A PEACE BRAINWASHED HIPPIE SIMPLETON GUNS DONT AIM AND PULL the HE TRIGGER BY ITSELF WHO PULLS IT?? THE PERSON WHO SHOOTS SOMEONE THE PERSON WHO GOES TO JAIL? THE PERSON!!!!

And stop calling people names.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    08-27-2013 11:52 AM
    Are you sure about that? The only prisons like that are the private prisons that you have to pay to stay. I'd like to see a prison that has cable tv in cells with internet access.

And I would think that anytime you're locked up away from family and friends isn't much of a pleasant experience. Especially if you're not in a gang. I hardly think they are country clubs, really.

Sent via Note II
    The prison near where i live,they get 3 meals a day. They do have excercise equipment, television ,basketball. Not much of a prison in my book. I was on more of a lockdown when in bootcamp for the army.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    08-27-2013 12:26 PM
    I never said they had the TV, or internet in their rooms. I'm sure there is internet (restricted) in the libraries, and of course TV in the common/lounge area's.

When someone wants a sex change operation in prison, our tax dollars pay for it.
    08-27-2013 12:34 PM
    The prison near where i live,they get 3 meals a day. They do have excercise equipment, television ,basketball. Not much of a prison in my book. I was on more of a lockdown when in bootcamp for the army.

Not from the things i hear about angola as the only way you go there is life there is no parole there is no release its life its where all the murderers go and trust me its no picnic you have the mississippi river on one side cane fields (all done by hand) and walls armed guards a full k9 unit but i do hear they get cable tv and no its not a private prison its ran by the state of louisiana

08-27-2013 01:10 PM
    My entire family are cops. My brother, 3 nephews and a niece. From their description of the County lock up, it definitely is not a pleasant place. And that's not even the State prison. No, I don't think anyone would enjoy it.

And of course they get 3 meals a day, are they supposed to starve? I'm sure its not steak and potatoes.

Most prisoners get out of their cells for an hour a day, I don't think they are hustling them down to the library so they can watch TV and surf the internet. Maybe once a week or once a month. You make it sound like they have a cushy life, when I think you are really just not happy that your tax dollars have to pay for it. So if you want criminals off the street who break the law by trying to illegally get a gun or for any other reason, you're gonna have to pay for it in one way or another.
    Fairclough likes this.
    08-27-2013 01:16 PM
    Maybe it just depends on the facility. I too have family and friends that work law enforcement/jail. They will tell you county lock up is a joke here. And while not a picnic, the prison is definitely worse but 2 of my friends that are guards will tell you they don't have it too bad there.

08-27-2013 02:22 PM
    This is more than likely for the non violent offenders, murderers are not going to be on a chain gang. They are going to be locked up tight behind prison walls. All the while, the the corporation fat cats keep getting fatter, off of your dime. Now, that is something to be outraged about, isn't it?

How US prison labour pads corporate profits at taxpayers' expense | Sadhbh Walshe | Comment is free | theguardian.com
    08-27-2013 02:22 PM
    I better call the government and say I should be allowed access to nuclear arms and tank with missiles, because its individuals who kill people thus I am law abiding citizen - I should be allowed this equipment like everyone else. Actually, I should tell the TRG that their guns are useless, they should arm up with knives because they do more damage, apparently. Fact is, Law Abiding Citizens snap now and than, I can give a staff member's personal experience where a badge - almost lead to him beating someone an inch of their life and the ironic bit is, his the calmed, nicest, most tolerant man and a former priest who left to get married.

From the previous posts, I guess i should expand.
    his probably the nicest man I've ever met. He was a former priest, he quit and got married. He grew up Ireland, he was scout. One day, a man was wearing badge at a scout meet. He pointed out the mans badge he was wearing wasn't a scout badge, but a military. He paused, than said "I must have put it on by accident today, I didn't realise but it is mine and I earned it." The last bit made him snap, he lifted up man and to his recount he said he thought he was going to kill or at least to an inch of his life. He paused, looked in the guys eyes who was saying sorry and dropped him. He replied "Thanks you, I forgive for all your actions". The badge the guy was wearing, was the one awarded to the soldiers who killed citizens during civil conflict. These Citizens, included his family, his friends and community members of the catholic irish community (talk about religion causing wars). His a law abiding citizen, but if he had a gun - that guy could of been dead before he had a chance to think about what he was doing.

LIke Deb, posted before, guy shot for brushing shoulders. Welcome to Guns.
    Slippery slope fallacy. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila likes this.
    08-27-2013 03:58 PM
    Slippery slope fallacy. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    How so? People seem sane all the time, before they go off. How do you stop that?

Sent via Note II
    08-27-2013 04:12 PM
    How so? People seem sane all the time, before they go off. How do you stop that?

Sent via Note II
    IMO that's the point. There are some things you just can't stop. And no matter what you do, there will always be those situations.

08-27-2013 04:36 PM
    Fact is we did stop it, well them using an semi or automatic weapon and gunning down civils. Cdmjlt America may or may not be in the top 10, but they have more deaths from guns in comparison to countries in the middle east!
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-27-2013 04:54 PM
    My entire family are cops. My brother, 3 nephews and a niece. From their description of the County lock up, it definitely is not a pleasant place. And that's not even the State prison. No, I don't think anyone would enjoy it.

And of course they get 3 meals a day, are they supposed to starve? I'm sure its not steak and potatoes.

Most prisoners get out of their cells for an hour a day, I don't think they are hustling them down to the library so they can watch TV and surf the internet. Maybe once a week or once a month. You make it sound like they have a cushy life, when I think you are really just not happy that your tax dollars have to pay for it. So if you want criminals off the street who break the law by trying to illegally get a gun or for any other reason, you're gonna have to pay for it in one way or another.
    The problem a lot of people and myself have with it is they are treated a lot better than our troops. They have cut their amount of hot meals.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    08-27-2013 06:47 PM
    Fact is we did stop it, well them using an semi or automatic weapon and gunning down civils. Cdmjlt America may or may not be in the top 10, but they have more deaths from guns in comparison to countries in the middle east!
    God help you when your government turns on its people. In the history of the entire world, the greatest evil have been governments. Why people put so much trust in them baffles me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-27-2013 06:50 PM
    Paraphrased from an earlier post -

Australia is essentially an ISLAND... thus a HELLUVA lot easier to control.

Period.

08-27-2013 06:51 PM
    People who don't believe a country would turn on its people need to remember Adolf Hitler was elected.

08-27-2013 06:56 PM
    People who don't believe a country would turn on its people need to remember Adolf Hitler was elected.

EXACTLY THE PROBLEM.

Anyone younger than thirty-something have no clue of the dangers they are putting themselves (and the rest of us) in.

They are told that history repeats itself but don't believe it.

smh

08-27-2013 07:00 PM
    Fairclough, just out of curiosity how old were you when this ban went through?
    08-27-2013 07:07 PM
    Then there is this...

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War 2

See...maybe guns are the only reason we don't speak another language now.

Aquila likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:18 PM
    Then there is this...

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War 2

See...maybe guns are the only reason we don't speak another language now.

Misquoting Yamamoto

Apparently that quote is not attributable to anyone.
    jdbii likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:36 PM
    Misquoting Yamamoto

Apparently that quote is not attributable to anyone.
    Just seeing if anyone is still around...lol...forgot to add my smiley failed attempt at humor

jdbii and Aquila like this.
    08-27-2013 07:47 PM
4,617 ... 127128129130131 ...