07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 130131132133134 ...
tools
    Above you stated "Not all our police have gun, but generally most have a taser gun and a hand gun". A hand gun is still a gun. So which is it.

Let's imagine that your a policeman armed with a taser and you happen to walk into a store that's being robbed by a thug with a gun. Even if you do manage to take him, odds are that his finger will be on the trigger and when his muscles start to spasm from the electric current coursing through his body that trigger is going to get pulled and yourself or an innocent bystander is going to get hurt.
    Yeah not every police officer has a gun, but the majority have both a hand gun and a taser, does that make sense? Most criminals are smart enough if they display a gun that are pinged with armed robbery rather than robbery once its shown. Secondly generally the officer would request for a TRG unit to arrive or other offices who have guns.

My area is a city hence why our units are well equipt. The closest other city is 3,000 km away, their job is to response to hostile situations to potential terrorist threats. Police tanks are slightly different as the actual cannon is a giant water gun, only time I've seen it in action is going to the royal show for a display of how it works to children and driving its way back to the base. Like i said prior, civilians can have guns if they meet the criteria, they are also limited in what types of guns. It is better to allow our response team to have all the equipment they need, rather then to require it and not have it.

Here is the photo of the TRG doing their job, you may read up on the TRG here (Step Forward | Tactical Response Group)
    here is just some of their vehicles
    Firearms and self-defense-id91ffffff941x226.jpg
    - Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    09-08-2013 06:18 AM
    Any individual side arm or shoulder arm, including select fire weapons.

My reasoning is that a) the citizens at the time of the Constitution's ratification had access to weapons that used equal or better technology than those issued to government forces, and b) the Constitution, once ratified, affirms this right, and expressly prohibits the governments infringement of this inherent right, thus rendering any subsequent laws which would "allow" or "disallow" any type of weapon, as unconstitutional and a violation of citizens rights.

Simply put, the government, whose authority does not exceed citizen's civil and inherent rights,does not have the constitutional authority to disallow any weapons, thus rendering all such laws which are currently made and enforced unconstitutional, null and void.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    rkeenan, qxr, EJT and 1 others like this.
    09-08-2013 08:55 AM
    Every time I go into a public restroom I find one....
    09-08-2013 09:33 AM
    L2R, I've seen police tanks here.

09-08-2013 10:46 AM
    A foam finger for both parties.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-08-2013 01:25 PM
    OP, anything can be used as a weapon, so... it really STILL doesn't make a difference what's legal or not.

09-08-2013 02:50 PM
    09-08-2013 04:37 PM
    It is their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Also any dealer that refuses to sell to a blind person could be taken to court by said individual and by the federal government for violating the civil rights of the citizen involved among other things.

As the article says "The state has three legal designations: legally blind, functionally blind, and visually impaired."
    09-08-2013 07:09 PM
    Going back to the Chris Lane issue for a short period. Several people made an issue about one of his attackers being white, I saw an article online this morning that stated that individual has a black father and a white mother.
    09-08-2013 07:12 PM
    What does his parents colour or his have do with it, I don't plan to allow people guns based on race.

09-09-2013 03:16 AM
    What does his parents colour or his have do with it, I don't plan to allow people guns based on race.

As far as I am concerned his race or that of his parents has nothing to do with it either. A thug is a thug, but there were members here making a point that one of them was white so I just wanted to set the record straight.

Honestly: You will never be in a position to decide who is "allowed" to have a gun and who isn't.
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-09-2013 07:22 AM
    The like is for the first half of the post :P
    It was worded poorly as in my views, if people were to have guns it wouldn't be based on race.
    09-09-2013 07:29 AM
    It is their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Also any dealer that refuses to sell to a blind person could be taken to court by said individual and by the federal government for violating the civil rights of the citizen involved among other things.

As the article says "The state has three legal designations: legally blind, functionally blind, and visually impaired."
    Yep, I want a blind person with a gun in public. Brilliant. He should be able to drive too. Some things are just not a good idea.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-09-2013 03:19 PM
    Yep, I want a blind person with a gun in public. Brilliant. He should be able to drive too. Some things are just not a good idea.

Sent via Note II
    Even though it's been covered before here it is again, owning a firearm is a right that is protected by the second amendment. Driving is a privilege.

There are a LOT of laws that are just plain bad ideas. Well I was gonna say more on this but I better not...
    09-09-2013 03:52 PM
    And there are some people that shouldn't have a gun. Like If you can't see the big E on an eye test, then no gun for you.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-09-2013 03:56 PM
    I guess at least the blind person knows that their aim sucks. There are a whole lot of people who have no idea how to handle, maintain and use weapons.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-09-2013 04:48 PM
    My daughter is legally blind without her contacts, and she can't see the 4 inch numbers on her alarm clock.

My father was legally blind and would 'listen' for traffic before the crossed the road.

Being blind is scary, I'm at high risk for it and probably have 10 years or so before it hits me, I wouldn't consider shooting at something I couldn't identify by sight. Just my two cents.

Sent via Note II
    09-09-2013 05:01 PM
    Even though it's been covered before here it is again, owning a firearm is a right that is protected by the second amendment. Driving is a privilege.

There are a LOT of laws that are just plain bad ideas. Well I was gonna say more on this but I better not...

If they cannot demonstrate safe operation they should not carry a weapon in public. Tell me what a mugger sounds like?
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-09-2013 05:38 PM
    If they cannot demonstrate safe operation they should not carry a weapon in public. Tell me what a mugger sounds like?

Where did I say this was a good idea?

I simply stated that it is their constitutional right, and what could happen if a dealer refused to sell them a firearm, after all isn't it the federal governments job to protect the rights of ALL citizens?

With some of the idiots at the shooting range yesterday, you would think Ohio was already selling weapons to blind people.

-------------------------

Also how many blind people are going to want to purchase a firearm.

If they do purchase one they would be subject to the same justice system as the rest of us if they injure or kill anyone with it though.
    09-09-2013 09:12 PM
    Depends on which area's, in regional obviously shot guns as they need it for cattle, obviously you would need hand guns for enthusiasts at the range (could limit taking it home).
    I would cap it at something like replica knives and swords.
    09-10-2013 07:39 PM
    Any individual side arm or shoulder arm, including select fire weapons.
    I think that's a good start. So, a select fire M16 rifle would definitely qualify. Do you know of anything deadlier?
    09-11-2013 03:42 PM
    What do "the bad guys" have?
    Would knowing that affect your answer? Honestly, I wouldn't know for sure, and I think in most scenarios, you do not have an opportunity to know what your adversary has beforehand. Therefore, you need to prepare for different situations.

If I had to guess, most criminals carry pistols because they are easy to conceal. However, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had something more powerful.
    09-11-2013 03:48 PM
    The deadliest thing a civilian owns right now is a car.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    gamefreak715 and Tele_Phone like this.
    09-11-2013 04:25 PM
    The deadliest tool of death and destruction is the human mind.

Legislate that...
    09-11-2013 06:44 PM
    How did I know those two replied were going to come. I think the thread intends for an object designed to create harm.

09-11-2013 06:46 PM
4,617 ... 130131132133134 ...