07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 133134135136137 ...
tools
    Radio reports just said automatic, didn't state the gun - my bad.
    There isn't much between the two, both you can shoot relatively quickly.
    Seems like the AR 15 is a weapon of choice in most massacres.
    There is a huge difference in auto vs. Semi-auto. Auto can run a 30 round clip in about 2 seconds with one trigger pull. Semi can not do this. It requires an individual trigger pull per shot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    09-16-2013 09:00 PM
    There is a huge difference in auto vs. Semi-auto. Auto can run a 30 round clip in about 2 seconds with one trigger pull. Semi can not do this. It requires an individual trigger pull.

I've explained the difference to him so many times, but who knows maybe it's just me that he doesn't believe.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    09-16-2013 09:38 PM
    And preliminary reports suggest the 9mm and AR rifle were taken off police on the base. Hmmm...wonder why they aren't talking about that part. And again...in a gun safe zone.

While in the hands of law enforcement an ar15 is a "personal defense weapon", ONLY when a citizen has it does it magically transform into an assault weapon.
    09-16-2013 09:43 PM
    Are really going to do this dance again?
    My view is, well from xbox i have a quick finger, i could what release and pull the trigger every second? Thats sixty bullets in a minute.... to a manual how long would it take to release that many?
    FOREVER! thus one cannot drop the same amount of numbers with a manual gun.

Yes your right, I do trust law enforcement to have AR15's and not civilians. I have never once seen in Australia our law enforcement mistreat their automatic and semi automatic weapons for crimes.
    Can someone explain why in all these massacres its always a semi-automatic?
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-16-2013 10:22 PM
    Are really going to do this dance again?
    My view is, well from xbox i have a quick finger, i could what release and pull the trigger every second? Thats sixty bullets in a minute.... to a manual how long would it take to release that many?
    FOREVER! thus one cannot drop the same amount of numbers with a manual gun.

Yes your right, I do trust law enforcement to have AR15's and not civilians. I have never once seen in Australia our law enforcement mistreat their automatic and semi automatic weapons for crimes.
    So you are comparing the use of a trigger finger/button combo on an xbox to real world use on an ar15. That would almost worthy of an LOL if I didn't think you were serious..

On an xbox, theres NO such thing as recoil, real world issues such as adrenalin, panic, your gun over heating, magazine jamming which actually happens quite often when you try to rapid fire an ar15.
    qxr and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-16-2013 10:33 PM
    Its an example, one can pull a finger relatively quickly, in comparison to a hand gun.
    Nether the less, how much more bullets do you think you can fire from an AR15 in comparison to a manual hand gun in lets say a minute?
    09-16-2013 10:34 PM
    thus one cannot drop the same amount of numbers with a manual gun

Exactly what are you referring to as a manual gun because honestly I have no idea?

Rifles, pistols are ALL semiautomatic.

With a SEMIAUTOMATIC firearm, one pull of the trigger results in 1 round (bullet) being fired. Then the trigger must be reset and pulled again before another round will be fired.
    qxr and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-16-2013 10:44 PM
    Over here we call manual operated (1 bullet, reload) as a manual gun.

Let me cap this thread.
    -Blind people should be allowed guns as it's their right.
    -ordinary citizens should be allowed weapons which can shoot multiple bullets relatively quickly.
    - any restriction is against the 2nd amendment rights
    - weapons cannot hurt people, humans do.

Sounds logical right?

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-16-2013 10:49 PM
    I love this thread. Makes my life so much more enjoyable seeing what we don't have over here :P

msndrstood likes this.
    09-16-2013 10:49 PM
    Over here we call manual operated (1 bullet, reload) as a manual gun.

Let me cap this thread.
    -Blind people should be allowed guns as it's their right.
    -ordinary citizens should be allowed weapons which can shoot multiple bullets relatively quickly.
    - any restriction is against the 2nd amendment rights
    - weapons cannot hurt people, humans do.

Sounds logical right?
    So basically a citizen should only have a single round before each load. What if a parent is defending his or her children from multiple attackers (criminals)?

It is their right, no one can deny that under our constitution. I may not agree with it or even think its a good idea but that doesn't change our constitution.

Yes, an ordinary LAW ABIDING citizen DOES have the right to purchase any firearm they choose.

A weapon is simply the tool that a person chooses to use to hurt others with.

--------------------

Why do you insist on blaming the tool used instead of the person?
    cdmjlt369, qxr and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-16-2013 11:22 PM
    I love this fear campaign, he or she could probably reload, but you don't want a weapon when in the hands of a nutter can be used for rapid fire. Secondly, women can defend themselves - theres a famous fishing personality here, he and his wife once got mobbed... well he did guess how the group got beaten off... the wife got her stiletto and hit them over the head. No gun needed...

I openly blame both, 1) the Nutter 2) the weapon which allows them to have further reach and capabilities of damage.
    09-17-2013 12:28 AM
    How about we quit feeling that if we don't like something, it should be banned. There are atrocities commited with weapons, but there are far more lives that have been protected by them. The media will not report them because "If it bleeds, it leads." They are a business that WILL NOT report on topics for your best interest.
    09-17-2013 12:49 AM
    Actually, These 'savings' which are rare, Dad did report on when they occurred... unfortunately these atrocities as you said occurred more. He left the department to Sport after the Bali Bombings though.

SO Serial, If i had a nuclear weapon with all the equipment to run it... that wouldn't be of concern for you? or how about missiles? an RPG?
    09-17-2013 05:14 AM
    Maria spot on basically for the most part i agree, you are spot on with 'I would be more inclined to, rather than limiting what people can own, requiring some sort of proficiency testing in regards to them.' Our government took the approach after a massacre a year for 15 years to limit first time gun owners to a hand gun, than requiring to prove a need to upgrade to prevent exactly what you described above with the lack of a need for the average Joe to have a Rifle (Not a single massacre since) However, this is where you might get upset with our law - we currently have all automatic and semi's are banned. There is an exception; in regards to need, particularly pest control and cattle e.g. as lambs tends to roll their head and look at you if they aren't killed in the first shot. However to prevent someone going out and 'spraying' people they limited these owners gun's are limited in their power and rounds.

Most people - particularly the rural (which my family at the time was from the rural - except my family supported it after Port Arthur - 35 dead), didn't want to lose their right to own one for particularly seasons but almost 16 years on they have found out it hasn't affected them much as they fit the requirements and needs to have one. It just prevents young people having access to a high powerful semi and automatic weapon going out on a spree.

Trust me, our nation was a gun loving nation too. Our PM wore a bullet proof vest when he proposed the law, his security team had that much of a fear he was going to be shot over it.
    09-17-2013 05:46 AM
    Actually, These 'savings' which are rare, Dad did report on when they occurred... unfortunately these atrocities as you said occurred more. He left the department to Sport after the Bali Bombings though.

SO Serial, If i had a nuclear weapon with all the equipment to run it... that wouldn't be of concern for you? or how about missiles? an RPG?
    You can't put rare on the savings. There's no way to quantify those numbers. There are no telling how many of these crimes are prevented just because of the possibility the weapon is present. For instance if I'm walking down the street in the US person sees me and intends too rob me, he needs to cosider if I may be armed.

09-17-2013 05:49 AM
    Yer righto.

I propose a question, why would you NEED a semi automatic weapon? and how many rounds for it would be enough?
    09-17-2013 05:51 AM
    Yer righto.

I propose a question, why would you NEED a semi automatic weapon? and how many rounds for it would be enough?
    BECAUSE I WANT ONE AND IT'S MY BUSINESS! Why not? Millions of gunowners killed no one yesterday. Why do you need a car that goes over the speed limit? Why do you need a hammer or bat?

The nuclear weapon topic doesn't even justify a response.
    qxr, Live2ride883 and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-17-2013 06:12 AM
    BECAUSE I WANT ONE AND IT'S MY BUSINESS! Why not? Millions of gunowners killed no one yesterday. Why do you need a car that goes over the speed limit? Why do you need a hammer or bat?

The nuclear weapon topic doesn't even justify a response.
    You need a hammer to put nails into wood to construct a building. You need a bat to hit you a ball in sport, you need a car which can go above the speed limit as in residential zones its 50 and freeway its 100, so if you did the 50 you would hold traffic up.

Nuclear weapons is a weapon I could want to own... After all its my business is it not? Why not? Weapons don't hurt people... People do -_-

09-17-2013 06:25 AM
    You need a hammer to put nails into wood to construct a building. You need a bat to hit you a ball in sport, you need a car which can go above the speed limit as in residential zones its 50 and freeway its 100, so if you did the 50 you would hold traffic up.

Nuclear weapons is a weapon I could want to own... After all its my business is it not? Why not? Weapons don't hurt people... People do -_-

But not everyone needs to construct a building, play baseball, or use the freeway. So should we only allow construction workers, professional baseball players, and people with long commutes to have hammers, bats, and cars which can go above the speed limit? I don't think anyone would agree with that.

Here are some reasons to have a semi automatic weapon: Self Defense, dealing with dangerous wild animals, target shooting. Also, to keep governments in check.

Now, what kind of reason could you have for owning a nuclear weapon?
    09-17-2013 07:46 AM
    Remember Australia "willingly" gave up their rights for the general population to own guns.
    Our founding fathers insured we'd never be forced in to that position although eternal vigilance is required to protect our rights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-17-2013 08:17 AM

Just like the firearm, the bat, hammer, automobile can all also be called a murder weapon if used to kill someone, same as the firearm. If we get rid of everything that can be used to kill, we might as well go back to the stoneage. But then, they would be trying to ban rocks

qxr and Live2ride883 like this.
    09-17-2013 08:22 AM

No. You just don't like that idea because you drive a vehicle, so it's ok. Why then, does it matter if I own one? And quit using a nuclear weapon as an example. You are taking this 300000 miles from the vicinity of reason.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    09-17-2013 08:26 AM
    Pillows, socks and belts.

All possible deadly, deadly weapons.
    We really need some more legislature to keep things like these under better control.

qxr, cdmjlt369 and Live2ride883 like this.
    09-17-2013 08:45 AM

Weapons cannot inflict harm by themselves, they have to be used by a person.
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-17-2013 10:45 AM
    Actually since you live in Australia the Second Amendment does not apply to you. I am not even sure you could get "approval" to own a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 let alone a nuke....

See over there you have to prove that you have a need for one and you have to have permission from a nanny state. Me, as long as I am a law abiding citizen I can pretty much buy any gun I want..... Ain't freedom grand.
    09-17-2013 01:46 PM
4,617 ... 133134135136137 ...