07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 134135136137138 ...
tools
    Three words:
    Washington automatic gun.

Truly sad and horrible.
    Actually, they (FBI) have just released a statement revealing that only a shotgun and several handguns were used..
    qxr and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-17-2013 05:17 PM
    And it's a "Gun-free" zone...

As was the movie theater in Aurora and as were the shopping malls, as was EACH AND EVERY SCHOOL.

So much for LAWS.

I really thought people were smarter.

SO disappointed and pissed off at people that think laws will fix it all.

Use your brains. It's already illegal to kill random people, children... use your brains use your brains use your brains!

Same thing with Syria.
    It's already illegal to kill people with chemical weapons! WAKE UP, use your brains and think about your automated responses!

09-17-2013 05:20 PM
    While this is related to the Syria thread it is also a separate issue in regards to the federal laws that are being circumvented to allow this to happen.

UPDATED: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition | Mobile Washington Examiner

Related article:
    Glenn Beck Calls For Obama to Be Impeached Over Waiving Ban on Arming Terrorists - ALIPAC
    09-17-2013 06:36 PM
    But not everyone needs to construct a building, play baseball, or use the freeway. So should we only allow construction workers, professional baseball players, and people with long commutes to have hammers, bats, and cars which can go above the speed limit? I don't think anyone would agree with that.
    Here are some reasons to have a semi automatic weapon: Self Defense, dealing with dangerous wild animals, target shooting. Also, to keep governments in check.
    Now, what kind of reason could you have for owning a nuclear weapon?
    How many people do you see arming themselves with a hammer, baseball bat or a car? rarely any. People only buy them for their purpose. Same reason you want a gun, I could claim its for self defence, killing animals in area's, just bombing stuff as a hobby? DOes it sound silly? Yes it does and now you know how your view kinda sounds to someone who has been in a society which has evolved around from gun's and weaponry of that kind.

Remember Australia "willingly" gave up their rights for the general population to own guns.
    Our founding fathers insured we'd never be forced in to that position although eternal vigilance is required to protect our rights.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    I love your quotation as you clearly has no idea how our system works, we very much did willinging give up unnecessary weapons and placed them only in the hands of those who require them. Our constitution only states what a government can do, guns wasn't one of them, so the federal level banned imports and forced states to do so on the threat of a referendum (whole nation vote - for a gun ban) and the states agreed to limit it. Why? Because most people saw our own love of guns were killing hundreds of innocent lives. The shooting of 35 people by a AR15 was the last straw for us, we had a massacre a year and now none since. Thats what happens when your remove semi and automatic weapons out of civilian hands.
    No. You just don't like that idea because you drive a vehicle, so it's ok. Why then, does it matter if I own one? And quit using a nuclear weapon as an example. You are taking this 300000 miles from the vicinity of reason.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Semi automatic weapons for defence sounds 3000 miles out of reason from here too, as we have evolved past them. We now see they are no longer needed, redundant, only required for cattle and pest control were they are limited to rounds.
    And it's a "Gun-free" zone...

As was the movie theater in Aurora and as were the shopping malls, as was EACH AND EVERY SCHOOL.

So much for LAWS.

I really thought people were smarter.

SO disappointed and pissed off at people that think laws will fix it all.

Use your brains. It's already illegal to kill random people, children... use your brains use your brains use your brains!

Same thing with Syria.
    It's already illegal to kill people with chemical weapons! WAKE UP, use your brains and think about your automated responses!

I am using my brain, in all the cases there has been access to automatic weapons and you know what - they were used. If you remove the tool its made a lot more difficult to do. Its simple and it works, I think the states need to get over this is my right and should do what I like policy and try to actually do what is in the best interest of their neighbour. The use of guns is what kills a nation slowly.

I pray for your sakes that one day you guys will notice this.
    09-17-2013 10:16 PM
    L2R, When you were in Perth did you view you needed a gun? Did you believe at the time we were a nanna state?
    I bet for the most part you didn't have a fear, you can walk down the street knowing you won't be shot. Before you say, what about women - my city is known for being a 'hero' city in comparison to other areas. ('hero' is is that guys step into defend girls all the time, everytime.)
    09-17-2013 10:25 PM
    L2R, When you were in Perth did you view you needed a gun? Did you believe at the time we were a nanna state?
    I bet for the most part you didn't have a fear, you can walk down the street knowing you won't be shot. Before you say, what about women - my city is known for being a 'hero' city in comparison to other areas. ('hero' is is that guys step into defend girls all the time, everytime.)

I was there in 1987, way before the gun ban etc. I was also a member of the US military. Now though you are in a nanny state.
    09-17-2013 10:58 PM
    How many people do you see arming themselves with a hammer, baseball bat or a car? rarely any
    If you bothered to check the FBI crime statistics website you would find that hammers, base ball bats and other blunt force objects are used in more murders annually that rifles, including the ar15.
    09-17-2013 11:04 PM
    Honestly I think Australia has taken the coward's way out of an issue. You've essentially unarmed your entire society because of the actions of a few.
    09-17-2013 11:06 PM
    Honestly I think Australia has taken the coward's way out of an issue. You've essentially unarmed your entire society because of the actions of a few.
    We still have access to hand guns if you desire, your reason just can be for defence but recreational use. Our view has shifted away from a need, hardly a cowardly response. We have just figured that if you allow access to weapons your basically arming the criminals too.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    09-17-2013 11:33 PM
    Yer righto.

I propose a question, why would you NEED a semi automatic weapon? and how many rounds for it would be enough?
    In America we (law abiding citizens) do not have to prove our need of a weapon, as for rounds I currently have approximately 2500 .223 rounds in my safes but that will be gone pretty soon so it's not enough.

-Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless-
    cdmjlt369, qxr and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-18-2013 02:22 AM
    How many people do you see arming themselves with a hammer, baseball bat or a car? rarely any. People only buy them for their purpose. Same reason you want a gun, I could claim its for self defence, killing animals in area's, just bombing stuff as a hobby? DOes it sound silly? Yes it does and now you know how your view kinda sounds to someone who has been in a society which has evolved around from gun's and weaponry of that kind.

I love your quotation as you clearly has no idea how our system works, we very much did willinging give up unnecessary weapons and placed them only in the hands of those who require them. Our constitution only states what a government can do, guns wasn't one of them, so the federal level banned imports and forced states to do so on the threat of a referendum (whole nation vote - for a gun ban) and the states agreed to limit it. Why? Because most people saw our own love of guns were killing hundreds of innocent lives. The shooting of 35 people by a AR15 was the last straw for us, we had a massacre a year and now none since. Thats what happens when your remove semi and automatic weapons out of civilian hands.

Semi automatic weapons for defence sounds 3000 miles out of reason from here too, as we have evolved past them. We now see they are no longer needed, redundant, only required for cattle and pest control were they are limited to rounds.

I am using my brain, in all the cases there has been access to automatic weapons and you know what - they were used. If you remove the tool its made a lot more difficult to do. Its simple and it works, I think the states need to get over this is my right and should do what I like policy and try to actually do what is in the best interest of their neighbour. The use of guns is what kills a nation slowly.

I pray for your sakes that one day you guys will notice this.
    I have a semiauto weapon for protection, why is it silly?

Oh, and Do not say anything about someone not knowing anything about your country and in the same breath trying to tell us that we don't know anything about our own but you do.
    09-18-2013 02:46 AM
    I didn't state you don't know your own countries foundations, I just corrected one on a comment about mine. With 350 or so guns and 2500 rounds how would you tell if they went missing?

09-18-2013 03:53 AM
    I would be more inclined to, rather than limiting what people can own, requiring some sort of proficiency testing in regards to them.
    Thank you for your post! It was very thoughtful, and you brought up a lot of good points to consider. Right now, I am thinking that rifles like the AR-15 are probably the deadliest weapons most people will ever own.

Is there a weapon that the police or the military use that you wished civilians could legally own? If necessary, we could require civilians to take training courses and pass a proficiency test before taking ownership of the weapon in this hypothetical scenario. I open up this question for anyone to answer.
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-18-2013 03:55 AM
    Not particularly, as I don't see a need for weapons. Particularly since pillows are one, maybe the gun boys should their guns in for pillows apparently they are just as dangerous and well they can use a pillow to defend their how and tyranny.

09-18-2013 04:19 AM
    Actually yes the TRG 4x4 would love to take that for a ride. Not really a weapon, or their power boat... Used to see them train outside my old school on the river... That thing flies.

09-18-2013 04:24 AM
    I didn't state you don't know your own countries foundations, I just corrected one on a comment about mine. With 350 or so guns and 2500 rounds how would you tell if they went missing?
    Because my wife and I control access to the safes and the gun room.

BTW just to give you something to think about. That 2500 rounds is only for the ar15's, that does not count what I have for the ar30's, various pistols, shotguns, and other rifles. At a minimum I keep 500 rounds for each type of weapon on hand that does not go lower than that. To keep my inventory fresh I use a first in first out system of restocking.

09-18-2013 05:26 AM
    Not particularly, as I don't see a need for weapons. Particularly since pillows are one, maybe the gun boys should their guns in for pillows apparently they are just as dangerous and well they can use a pillow to defend their how and tyranny.
    Pillows could be used in a murder of a more or less unsuspecting victim or one that has already been rendered unconscious.

It's actually insulting to suggest they could be used to successfully defend a home or against tyranny.

Could you stop a bullet, knife, or a baseball bat with a pillow

bigdaddytee likes this.
    09-18-2013 05:46 AM
    You can't stop a bullet with a gun ether?

09-18-2013 05:49 AM
    And allowing someone to have 2500 rounds means potentially 2500 people could be shot. I don't think you will have that many home invaders

09-18-2013 05:51 AM
    No, but you act as if you know more about our country than we do, and we've constantly pointed things out that you are wrong about.

Who will protect you if your'e being held up in the street, or if someone tries to rape you? Many courts, including the supreme have ruled it's not the Police's responsibility to protect you. That's why I say more people are protected by them than not.

Someone is going to break in his house and steal 2500 rounds out of a safe? haha no. his wife's jewelry yes, his flatscreen yes. Not ammo from a safe. It's alot harder to crack a safe than TV makes it out.
    09-18-2013 05:59 AM
    And allowing someone to have 2500 rounds means potentially 2500 people could be shot. I don't think you will have that many home invaders

Practice, practice, practice... We (meaning my wife and kids) shoot at least 2500 .223 rounds most months..
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    09-18-2013 06:28 AM
    Your arguments against guns and private ownership seem...weak. Read this.

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/bl...h-other-and-us

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    09-18-2013 06:36 AM

One home invader is too many. And you aren't looking at the bigger picture. The mere possibility of the presence of a firearm makes most people think twice before committing a crime against another, such as a home invasion. I myself have several firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo. I know how to keep them safely and have taught my family proper use of them, including my 3 teenage sons. Never had any issues. Its not the gun, its peoples attitude.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    09-18-2013 07:13 AM
    You can't stop a bullet with a gun ether?

You can stop the person BEFORE he even fires the bullet.

09-18-2013 07:57 AM
    Your arguments against guns and private ownership seem...weak. Read this.

The Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse How Gun Control Supporters Lie to Themselves, Each Other, and Us

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    Thanks for that link, I think it should be here in full site for everyone to read and or comment on.

How Gun Control Supporters Lie to Themselves, Each Other, and Us Sep 17, 201310:31PM
    Category: Politics Posted by: Michael Z. Williamson
    These are so common they should be an FAQ.

"Nobody wants to take away your guns."

How you lie to yourselves:

This huge list of people coldservings - Nobody wants to take your guns want to take away our guns. You can't claim it's only rhetoric. You can't claim it doesn't matter. You can't claim it's a fabrication or "out of context." They have stated so, repeatedly, in public. Anyone repeating "no one wants to take away your guns" is deluding themselves into a false moral high ground.

If you are one of these people, knowing this, you have a couple of choices: Contact all the above people and express your objections, or admit that you're okay with people taking away our guns. In which case, you're lying to us, too.

~~~

"No right is absolute. Nobody would claim the Second Amendment protects a right to own a nuclear bomb."

How you lie to us:

You aren't interested in nukes. However, your next statement is going to be, "So of course we can reasonably draw the line at 'assault weapons'." At which point you're conflating a common, self-loading rifle, which has been in existence for over a century, and fires bullets at people, with a nuclear device capable of destroying cities. Sure, 1763 Joules is almost the same as 5,439,200,000,000,000,000 ( 5.4392X10^18 ) Joules.

No, not really.

If you are one of these people, you're lying. We know you're lying. You also have a ridiculous obsession with guns, if you can even pretend to compare them to nukes. (FYI, there's absolutely a valid claim that the Second Amendment protects the right to own nuclear bombs.)

~~~

"High capacity clips."

By this, you mean any MAGAZINE, not clip, that holds "a lot." You're counting on your toes and running out.

How you're lying to us:

In fact, the AR15 and the military M16 started with 20 round magazines in 1959. They moved to a 30 round magazine in 1973. The AK-47 was first fielded in ...1947. It has had a 30 round magazine as its standard all along. That's 66 years. So what makes it "high capacity" now? That someone not in this field of expertise doesn't like it doesn't change the definitions. You can't arrogate that authority to yourself.

You can't even decide what constitutes "high capacity." It varies by jurisdiction from 30 to 20 to 15 to 12 to 10 to 7.

Based on what criteria? And, if you get to define it as 10, then 7, as has happened, why not 5 (standard capacity in 1893)? 4 (standard in 1859)? 1 (standard back to the 1500s)?

This is very clearly an attempt to ban guns (oh, right--you don't actually want to ban guns. See above). It's just a dishonest attempt. But go ahead, tell me why X rounds is "enough," and what task it's enough for, and your credentials for making that statement. You can't answer those questions, because you're lying.

What you mean is, "I want to find ways to make it tough for people to own guns."

~~~

"At the time the Constititution was written, people only had muskets."

Why you're lying:

Actually, no. There were repeating firearms even then. But that's irrelevant. In 1789, gays couldn't marry. Are you pushing for that? "Free speech" meant wood type or standing in the city square. What about that? Things develop and improve over time. Why don't you try being liberal, and embrace the 21st Century, rather than being stuck in 1789?

Wait, I know your response: "Those don't kill people."

Why you're STILL lying:

Pedophiles make copious use of the internet to share files that exploit, hurt, and kill kids. Please justify why you need internet in your home? What's wrong with reasonable regulation? Background checks? Why can't you access the internet from a library, where your browser history can be monitored?

You're lying. Stop wasting your time.

BTW, gay marriage aside, AIDS spread by gay men kills as many people as guns. Are you pushing for mandatory blood tests and condom usage to save lives?

If not, you're lying. It's not about saving life. It's about you having an irrational fear of guns.

~~~~

"I have guns, and all mine are properly registered."

How you're lying:

Almost no state or local jurisdiction in the US actually registers firearms. So unless you happen to live in one of those, you're either fabricating entirely to try to don the cloak of credibility, or, you don't actually know anything about the law. So perhaps you shouldn't be expressing an opinion on a subject you don't understand. Either way, lies and ignorance are poor tactics for debate.

~~~

"We just want to save children's lives."

Why you're lying:

If it was about children's lives, booze and incidents involving booze kill more people than in incidents involving guns, A LOT more children than are killed in incidents involving guns, and there are zero non-medical reasons a person "needs" booze. How many of you voice anything about further restrictions on booze? You're quite likely part of the "booze culture" yourself. So you have no credibility.

But try this to prove your position: Go to the morgue, find the body of a child hit by a drunk, and tell the parents, "Be glad they weren't shot. That would be worse."

Really. Do it.

If you won't, you know your position is dishonest. So what it comes down to is, "My vices are okay, but yours aren't, and I'm willing to lie to get what I want."

You're not interested in saving children's lives. In fact, you'll gleefully dance on their graves if you think you'll gain political leverage, while you continue with acts that kill a lot more kids.

Oh, and there's a stated constitutional right to my "vice" and SCOTUS agrees. So you're in the same "protect the children" crowd as the Klan protecting kids from blacks, the anti-gay crowd protecting kids from gays, and the anti-porn crusaders.

And that's exactly how we see you--a bunch of dishonest, loudmouthed, hypocritical bigots.

Truth hurts, eh?

- See more at: The Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse How Gun Control Supporters Lie to Themselves, Each Other, and Us
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-18-2013 11:16 AM
4,617 ... 134135136137138 ...