07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 137138139140141 ...
tools
    3 year old just got shot in Chicago.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    09-20-2013 04:05 AM
    A two year old just fell down some stairs in Philadelphia.

09-20-2013 04:43 AM
    I'm not joking. Up to 13 shot, no one has died... A two 15 year olds are reporting to be in a stable condition. 4 are in a serious condition.

09-20-2013 07:38 AM
    I'm not joking. Up to 13 shot, no one has died... A two 15 year olds are reporting to be in a stable condition. 4 are in a serious condition.

I know.

09-20-2013 07:43 AM
    Oh Jesus. I was hoping you didn't and you were making a joke *faceslap*

msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2013 07:47 AM
    Oh Jesus. I was hoping you didn't and you were making a joke *faceslap*

09-20-2013 07:49 AM
    I cannot take this thread seriously now x) *faceslap covering eyes*

msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2013 07:50 AM
    09-20-2013 08:01 AM
    I contend that the cars were the issue...one was tailgating the other

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-20-2013 08:12 AM
    They could've just as easily used baseball bats, crescent wrenches or steering wheel locks and had the same result.

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-20-2013 08:13 AM
    They could've just as easily used baseball bats, crescent wrenches or steering wheel locks and had the same result.

But they didn't.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-20-2013 08:14 AM
    But they didn't.

Sent via Note II
    Once again, if gun bans existed, we could be talking about 2 idiots killing themselves or others on a driving rampage through town. The problem here is the 2 idiots.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    09-20-2013 08:37 AM
    3 year old just got shot in Chicago.

How if it is illegal to own a gun in Chicago?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-20-2013 09:07 AM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You'll probably have to wait awhile to get an answer on this (if you're lucky enough to even get one).

09-20-2013 09:14 AM
    Austalia is interesting. They are water locked so closing off imports was a relatively simple idea. Although I cannot say I agree with their use of "political blackmail" against the states on something as important as a gun ban. But they did.
    The United States has a southern border with a country pretty much run by drug cartels. They have police but they tend to end up headless, corrupt, or severely outgunned. Those cartels protect their product and turf with guns. Big guns. The automatic kind. Were the U.S. ever to lose its mind and outlaw guns to law abiding citizens who would stop these guns?
    Canada and Austalia are not the U.S. Our cultures are very different, so one size does not fit all with regards to gun control. The young child killed in Chicago was that weapon registered to the one firing it?
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    09-20-2013 09:45 AM
    Found these this morning...
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-526882_625865590792276_117400667_n.jpg   Firearms and self-defense-530533_10200514326681288_71756065_n.jpg  
    09-20-2013 11:40 AM
    Found these this morning...
    Loved those.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-20-2013 11:53 AM
    The nuclear clearing of storms is silly but possible.

In Australia it dropped suicide rates by 60% as it was determined it is often a spur in the moment event, if you remove the gun they have more time to think it over and talk themselves out of it.

Our large scale murder rates by guns dived. If you watch the daily show gun debate, it shows our prime minister who implemented it and factual in an funny way.

Large scale murder rates by guns dived. Well, yeah, when you take away guns, less people have guns to do this with. It doesn't mean gun control caused less murder in general. One interesting fact is: The Australian victimopulation ratio for murder is down ~32% (from 1993 at .016% to 2012 at .011%). However, the murder:attempted murder ratio almost doubled (from 1993 at .81 to 2012 at 1.59). What this seems to suggest is that there are less attempts at murder, but in those attempts, the victims had a much lower chance of survival. Of course, this makes sense. If you take away 99% of the guns, there is probably (most gun owners aren't going to murder someone) a lower amount of potential murderers with guns. But there is still a population of potential murderers (with or without guns, and probably smaller), and they don't have to worry much about good people with guns. So now, the smaller population of potential murderers either a) have a gun and the victims stand no chance, or b) don't have a gun, but could still kill someone. It all comes down to this: Do you take away people guns, lowering the murder totals but also taking the gun owner's security away, or do you let people keep their guns?
    09-20-2013 03:15 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Maybe in Chicago itself, but it is outright accessible to get one from interstate and bring it in. Its not like you have boarder patrol on each state do you?
    Its all about the ability to access on which gun control is about.
    Austalia is interesting. They are water locked so closing off imports was a relatively simple idea. Although I cannot say I agree with their use of "political blackmail" against the states on something as important as a gun ban. But they did.
    The United States has a southern border with a country pretty much run by drug cartels. They have police but they tend to end up headless, corrupt, or severely outgunned. Those cartels protect their product and turf with guns. Big guns. The automatic kind. Were the U.S. ever to lose its mind and outlaw guns to law abiding citizens who would stop these guns?
    Canada and Austalia are not the U.S. Our cultures are very different, so one size does not fit all with regards to gun control. The young child killed in Chicago was that weapon registered to the one firing it?
    The blackmail was essentially not really black mail. The states had a choice, sign the agreement or the government puts the nation to a referendum to change out constitution to allow the federal government to have complete control over guns. Now you can guess which one the states would and did choose considering most out nation was convinced after almost 16 years straight of massacres and 35 gun down that month by an AR15 in the smallest city in the country. You guys have boarder patrol too, so you can check vehicles potentially crossing with weapons, we have boats which can be checked not much different, Checking Canadian cars might be a small issue compared to the south. Australia might be similar to Canada, in the fact the Prime Minister used our Prime Ministers speech word for word the same the day after it was said, but other than that we just share a moral compass. The thing is we were once labelled little America as we had very similar believes on guns - the cry outs your having from the NRA we saw here from lower funded groups. Now these owners, most part see if they have a genuine need e.g. cattle or enthusiast at the range. They have no issue getting one.
    Large scale murder rates by guns dived. Well, yeah, when you take away guns, less people have guns to do this with. It doesn't mean gun control caused less murder in general. One interesting fact is: The Australian victimopulation ratio for murder is down ~32% (from 1993 at .016% to 2012 at .011%). However, the murder:attempted murder ratio almost doubled (from 1993 at .81 to 2012 at 1.59). What this seems to suggest is that there are less attempts at murder, but in those attempts, the victims had a much lower chance of survival. Of course, this makes sense. If you take away 99% of the guns, there is probably (most gun owners aren't going to murder someone) a lower amount of potential murderers with guns. But there is still a population of potential murderers (with or without guns, and probably smaller), and they don't have to worry much about good people with guns. So now, the smaller population of potential murderers either a) have a gun and the victims stand no chance, or b) don't have a gun, but could still kill someone. It all comes down to this: Do you take away people guns, lowering the murder totals but also taking the gun owner's security away, or do you let people keep their guns?
    Interesting facts, I got 2010 it was 0.9 per 100,000 but cant find the 2012 figures nor 1993, but good stuff.
    To be honest, we now have the view you don't need a gun for security - Nanna gave hers up and she's a small lady, that is saying something.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2013 05:47 PM
    The problem is there are a lot of guns on the streets. You could ban guns (which does sound good) but alternatively you could make laws tight. Such as people should have been in the army to have a gun. Or whoever possess a gun license should go through some sort of a yearly psychological assessment. If you want to practice your sharpshooting skills then make the guns available only at shooting ranges. If you really want to procure a fire armamment, then there needs to be a critical reason. Having some sort of a lengthier and scrutinizing process would help. Go to YouTube and type in all the gang names and you will realize how freely gun flows in America.

Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood and Fairclough like this.
    09-20-2013 08:08 PM
    Are really going to do this dance again?
    My view is, well from xbox
    That statement right there disqualifies you from having any type of educated and sensible discussion about guns.
    Live2ride883, cdmjlt369 and qxr like this.
    09-20-2013 09:29 PM
    Maybe in Chicago itself, but it is outright accessible to get one from interstate and bring it in. Its not like you have boarder patrol on each state do you?

The blackmail was essentially not really black mail. The states had a choice, sign the agreement or the government puts the nation to a referendum to change out constitution to allow the federal government to have complete control over guns. Now you can guess which one the states would and did choose considering most out nation was convinced after almost 16 years straight of massacres and 35 gun down that month by an AR15 in the smallest city in the country. You guys have boarder patrol too, so you can check vehicles potentially crossing with weapons, we have boats which can be checked not much different, Checking Canadian cars might be a small issue compared to the south. Australia might be similar to Canada, in the fact the Prime Minister used our Prime Ministers speech word for word the same the day after it was said, but other than that we just share a moral compass. The thing is we were once labelled little America as we had very similar believes on guns - the cry outs your having from the NRA we saw here from lower funded groups. Now these owners, most part see if they have a genuine need e.g. cattle or enthusiast at the range. They have no issue getting one.

Interesting facts, I got 2010 it was 0.9 per 100,000 but cant find the 2012 figures nor 1993, but good stuff.
    To be honest, we now have the view you don't need a gun for security - Nanna gave hers up and she's a small lady, that is saying something.
    If america were to outlaw guns its downright accessible if you want a gun bad enough and are willing to break the law. More laws for someone to break to go out with death wish. They know they are going to die so they use the media to get their point across and don't give a damn about following a law. Your argument here is invalid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-20-2013 09:33 PM
    The problem is there are a lot of guns on the streets. You could ban guns (which does sound good) but alternatively you could make laws tight. Such as people should have been in the army to have a gun. Or whoever possess a gun license should go through some sort of a yearly psychological assessment. If you want to practice your sharpshooting skills then make the guns available only at shooting ranges. If you really want to procure a fire armamment, then there needs to be a critical reason. Having some sort of a lengthier and scrutinizing process would help. Go to YouTube and type in all the gang names and you will realize how freely gun flows in America.

You have a different concept of freedom than Americans. We do not need/live to justify ourselves to our gov't.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-21-2013 08:35 AM
    Originally Posted by Fairclough

Did you mean to imply that America lacks a moral compass?
    09-21-2013 08:50 AM

That is a form of gun control

09-21-2013 08:32 PM
4,617 ... 137138139140141 ...