07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 138139140141142 ...
tools
    As in a common set of values in our moral compass. Life > guns.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    09-21-2013 08:33 PM
    That statement right there disqualifies you from having any type of educated and sensible discussion about guns.
    OK genius, what other things so you move your finger rapidly in besides paintballing and shootin?

09-21-2013 08:35 PM
    Don't know anything about guns?

It's like that all over.

People are so anti gun yet don't know the first thing about them

Examples?

Calling a magazine a "clip" clips are magazines are 2 different things

Saying things like "did you know there are online gun shops that you can buy a gun from with no background check and have it shipped to your door?" um no, that's super illegal

Calling a 30 round magazine on an AR-15 a "high capacity" magazine. Um, 30 rounds on an AR is NORMAL/standard capacity. A high capacity magazine is a magazine with a higher capacity than what originally comes with it

Saying dumb things like "people don't need guns to protect themselves" when crime statistics in places like dc, Chicago, even Atlanta say otherwise. How is disarming the good guy that did go through the background checks, got his permit, his fingerprints on record with the FBI going to protect him from that thug on the streets that's willing to kill? Not to mention ALL the major anti gun politicians either have tons of armed security and/or carry permits themselves.

Or those that think certain guns are more deadly because of COSMETIC FEATURES that don't affect lethality at all.

Or those that support handgun bans when a shotgun will do so much more damage

I honestly don't think someone in Congress should be allowed to vote on issues they know nothing about.

Why is it that it's so rare to find people that know about guns that are anti gun?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    For the start, I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro gun and pro stricter gun control (its less oxymoronic then it sounds, I promise). Biggest difference between a handgun and shotgun as far as why ban one and not the other, a handgun is much easier to conceal and they are smaller so the criminals (many of who are cowards, I work with them) will be less scared of them. As far as cosmetics that don't effect lethality, they are simply more likely to be owned irresponsibly. Kept out on show, not stored properly, etc. People who know nothing about guns will buy them because they look cool and be irresponsible gun owners. A few irresponsible people ruin it for everything. I don't really agree with some of this, but that is what the thinking is.
    qxr likes this.
    09-21-2013 11:16 PM
    OK genius, what other things so you move your finger rapidly in besides paintballing and shootin?
    I believe the point being made is that you cannot equate any Xbox game with actually firing a weapon.
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-21-2013 11:26 PM
    The point I was making is with a anything which requires a finger to move quickly e.g a semi, shots can be fired rapidly

09-22-2013 04:58 AM
    I find it disturbing that the majority of anti gun people come from areas with the toughest gun laws but have the highest crime rates. I also find it very disturbing for someone to want to take away someone's means of defending themselves from people wanting to cause them harm.
    In country's with tougher gun laws and outright bans the murder rate has dropped but the rape, home invasion, robbery and assaults have sky rocketed.

I believe common sense has obviously been deleted from their gene pool in some way. To have the toughest gun laws and the most gun crimes and then come to the conclusion you need more gun control is defiantly some sort of a mammal going backwards on the evolutionary scale.

Think of your mother in a wheel chair, the son back from irag with a missing limb the daughter in a strange city in college. Them think of taking away their gun and replacing it with a bat or a knife and a phone and tell them they are more safe now. To think this you would indeed have to have lost your sense of reasoning along the way. As mammals we most are born with common sense problem solving abilities obviously some are not.

Large populations with stricter gun control equals more crime, no matter how you want to twist numbers, statistics, charts or whatever it is a fact. I live in the South in a rural area where almost every house and vehicle has a gun. Crime in my area is almost nonexistent and if I do hear or see a commotion outside my home I do not have to make sure the door is locked and go hide with my phone. I am a free man with a gun and I can live free and without fear because of that gun protected in the Constitution.

What do anti gun people do when someone or a group breaks down the door? What do anti gun people do when being threatened with bodily harm? You can choose to be a victim if you like but don't try and pass laws to make me one too.

"In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    09-22-2013 08:09 AM
    As a short female living in a less than crime free area I have carried legal pepper spray for as long as I can remember. At home we have guns. I personally do not require anything more extreme. However I would like the option to have a gun in the glove box when I move out of a blue/heavily democratic state

✌SG3/iPad2
    09-22-2013 02:21 PM
    The point I was making is with a anything which requires a finger to move quickly e.g a semi, shots can be fired rapidly
    That's like saying I can beat Tiger Woods on a real golf course because I can on the PS3. After all pulling the left joystick back towards me is the same as a real back swing.

The only video games that have anything to contribute to real world are the q/a ones like trivial pursuit, jep, etc...
    qxr likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:08 AM
    I find it disturbing that the majority of anti gun people come from areas with the toughest gun laws but have the highest crime rates. I also find it very disturbing for someone to want to take away someone's means of defending themselves from people wanting to cause them harm.
    In country's with tougher gun laws and outright bans the murder rate has dropped but the rape, home invasion, robbery and assaults have sky rocketed.

I believe common sense has obviously been deleted from their gene pool in some way. To have the toughest gun laws and the most gun crimes and then come to the conclusion you need more gun control is defiantly some sort of a mammal going backwards on the evolutionary scale.

Think of your mother in a wheel chair, the son back from irag with a missing limb the daughter in a strange city in college. Them think of taking away their gun and replacing it with a bat or a knife and a phone and tell them they are more safe now. To think this you would indeed have to have lost your sense of reasoning along the way. As mammals we most are born with common sense problem solving abilities obviously some are not.

Large populations with stricter gun control equals more crime, no matter how you want to twist numbers, statistics, charts or whatever it is a fact. I live in the South in a rural area where almost every house and vehicle has a gun. Crime in my area is almost nonexistent and if I do hear or see a commotion outside my home I do not have to make sure the door is locked and go hide with my phone. I am a free man with a gun and I can live free and without fear because of that gun protected in the Constitution.

What do anti gun people do when someone or a group breaks down the door? What do anti gun people do when being threatened with bodily harm? You can choose to be a victim if you like but don't try and pass laws to make me one too.

"In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    I am very curious to where you have received these facts from, you are correct with the murder rate dropping (Australian Institute of Criminology - Homicide statistics) • Homicide and kidnapping/abduction are low volume crimes; in 2009 and 2010 the rates continued to be very low. The homicide rate was 1.2 per 100,000 population, while the kidnapping/abduction rate was 2.7 per 100,000 population.The rate of sexual assault has been declining by an average of three percent per year since 2006. Since 2004, robbery has been occurring at a lower rate than sexual assault; declining on average by two percent per year. Theft, break in and entry had also had a strong decline since 1996 (gun control) (http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/0/B/...%7Dfacts11.pdf)

That's like saying I can beat Tiger Woods on a real golf course because I can on the PS3. After all pulling the left joystick back towards me is the same as a real back swing.

The only video games that have anything to contribute to real world are the q/a ones like trivial pursuit, jep, etc...
    Its comparing a speed of a finger release not the actual targeting -_-
    09-23-2013 05:28 AM
    Obama claims gun murders are 10x than any other developed country in the us.

09-23-2013 06:20 AM
    Obama claims gun murders are 10x than any other developed country in the us.

Obama has an agenda. He is also from Chicago where gun control has failed miserably. He never mentions the cesspool which is his hometown run in to the ground by democrats for decades including the mayor, his former chief of staff, rahmbo "deadfish" E.
    Oh, and he said obummercare would lower healthcare costs and you coukd keep your coverage if you liked it... Yea, right!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    cdmjlt369 and Live2ride883 like this.
    09-23-2013 06:56 AM

And i'm a race car driver!

qxr, cdmjlt369 and Live2ride883 like this.
    09-23-2013 07:05 AM
    Its been said before, but only the BAD gets publicity. The mainstream media here is a joke and 90% only cover the bad and push the government agenda. I hear good stories all the time of acts of protection and defense using a firearm which would be a sad story of a defenseless murder if they didn't have protection. What's ridiculous is we have had more mass shootings under this president than any other. And by the way gun death rates have been on the decline here. Violent crime rates are lower here than most countries with gun control. Obamacare=train wreck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    qxr likes this.
    09-23-2013 07:50 AM
    And i'm a race car driver!

Here's a picture, so it must be true...
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-download-8-.jpg  
    qxr likes this.
    09-23-2013 10:36 AM
    I am very curious to where you have received these facts from, you are correct with the murder rate dropping (Australian Institute of Criminology - Homicide statistics) Homicide and kidnapping/abduction are low volume crimes; in 2009 and 2010 the rates continued to be very low. The homicide rate was 1.2 per 100,000 population, while the kidnapping/abduction rate was 2.7 per 100,000 population.The rate of sexual assault has been declining by an average of three percent per year since 2006. Since 2004, robbery has been occurring at a lower rate than sexual assault; declining on average by two percent per year. Theft, break in and entry had also had a strong decline since 1996 (gun control) (http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/0/B/...%7Dfacts11.pdf)
    US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now. - CSMonitor.com

Its comparing a speed of a finger release not the actual targeting
    How can you not understand that shooting a gun in CoD or any other video game does not, and can not compare to shooting a gun in real life.
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-23-2013 10:51 AM
    09-23-2013 02:07 PM
    With tragic events from Columbine, Aurora, and Newtown being used to forward political the agenda's of people from all walks of life I have to wonder when we've gone too far. When will people say enough is enough. The below article is one of those wt* moments that just has me shaking my head....
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-his-own-yard/
    09-23-2013 04:40 PM
    US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now. - CSMonitor.com

How can you not understand that shooting a gun in CoD or any other video game does not, and can not compare to shooting a gun in real life.
    I wasn't referring to gun games for the hundredth time. I was saying to move a finger rapidly in the case of a semi would be too hard. I will read them when I have some time. If its the girls report with Nz from before she didn't include issues like political stability etc

The article just says Europe's was low prior to the ban, chances are it went lower.

09-24-2013 06:13 AM
    Here is some interesting facts.
    Americans are 8x more likely to get their car stolen than Australians, Gun violience142% more than Australia, Amount of prisioners as percentage of a pop 5 times more than Australia, Youth Murders 92x more than Australia, murders with fire arms 158x more than Australia.
    However, on the flip side your 150% (1.5)more likely to be raped in Australia.
    (source: http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/...d-States/Crime)

Crime rates sound great for guns for protection.

NRA Fact Check (http://theconversation.com/faking-wa...me-stats-11678)
    Destruction of 700k arms halves chances of being shot by half (http://sydney.edu.au/news/84.html?newsstoryid=1502)
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-24-2013 06:41 AM
    I wasn't referring to gun games for the hundredth time. I was saying to move a finger rapidly in the case of a semi would be too hard. I will read them when I have some time. If its the girls report with Nz from before she didn't include issues like political stability etc

The article just says Europe's was low prior to the ban, chances are it went lower.

Shooting a gun fast, like in the movies, doesn't work. The recoil prevents any accuracy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    09-24-2013 05:50 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/20/ragaha8a.jpg
    You'll probably have to wait awhile to get an answer on this (if you're lucky enough to even get one).

A pedestrian was struck and killed by a drunk driver in Minnesota.

How if it is illegal to drive drunk in Minnesota?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-24-2013 11:18 PM
    Surprised no one has debated my stats about us crime rates. Guns have really stopped crimes. I liked the youth are 92x more likely to murder.... Delightful.

09-24-2013 11:57 PM
    Surprised no one has debated my stats about us crime rates. Guns have really stopped crimes. I liked the youth are 92x more likely to murder.... Delightful.

Your statistics do not differentiate between gun violence in in gun control areas, like Chicago, Detroit, Philly, or Atlanta versus areas where guns are still permitted.
    Further, your statistics are just numbers until you disclose the parameters of the studies they have a very limited application. May I suggest a bit of skepticism when quoting statistics; recognize the bias that is inherent.
    Finally, that American culture that you seem to think you are morally superior to supplies our military. A military that is responsible for the freedom of over 32 countries. Freedom is not FREE and our guns will ensure we keep ours.

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-25-2013 07:28 AM
    Firearms and self-defense-1380112549634.jpg

09-25-2013 07:36 AM
    The website sources its from each countries bureau of statistic and the data is on per capita so yes it comparable an statistics. It does it as a nation as whole which is the point mainly gun freedom v gun control.

You do know hitler didn't issue gun control? The allies did in a measure to prevent them from being able to attack under the treatie of versallies, this however eases under the policy of appeasement and thats when the ball went rolling. Nice scare tactic though. Its good to see when the numbers are crunched and shows having guns is horrible on society the communist signs come out. I wonder if you enjoy having a police statiom, fire fighters because their universal too.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:02 AM
4,617 ... 138139140141142 ...