07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 139140141142143 ...
tools
    It could be a way of the school protecting their image, I know over here if you are anywhere with a school's piece of uniform on they can suspend you for doing something thoughtless. Basically as they are liable for the student when they put a foot out their door to school and till they enter their home again. To be honest more information would probably be needed.
    09-25-2013 09:05 AM
    The website sources its from each countries bureau of statistic and the data is on per capita so yes it comparable an statistics. It does it as a nation as whole which is the point mainly gun freedom v gun control.

You do know hitler didn't issue gun control? The allies did in a measure to prevent them from being able to attack under the treatie of versallies, this however eases under the policy of appeasement and thats when the ball went rolling. Nice scare tactic though. Its good to see when the numbers are crunched and shows having guns is horrible on society the communist signs come out. I wonder if you enjoy having a police statiom, fire fighters because their universal too.
    You still didn't refute why places in the US that have strict gun control also have extremely high crime/gun violence rates...
    qxr likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:14 AM
    Surprised no one has debated my stats about us crime rates. Guns have really stopped crimes. I liked the youth are 92x more likely to murder.... Delightful.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    You have no stats suggesting gun control has really stopped crimes. You have stats suggesting gun control has stopped gun crimes. However, you have shown in no way that gun control didn't increase the use of other weapons in crime.
    qxr likes this.
    09-25-2013 07:20 PM
    You have no stats suggesting gun control has really stopped crimes. You have stats suggesting gun control has stopped gun crimes. However, you have shown in no way that gun control didn't increase the use of other weapons in crime.
    You might want to look at my previous posts, there was sharp decline after 1997 (was introduced half way in 1996 month after a massacre of 35)
    The reason they have high stats the moment is because their first already a present gang culture and began with high crimes why they resulted to gun control, unfortunately states dont have boarder patrol and you can imagine they would be brought in interstate. Thus why you need a national one, hence why we forced each states hand rather than having sections with full gun laws and sections without
    09-26-2013 05:36 AM
    You still didn't refute why places in the US that have strict gun control also have extremely high crime/gun violence rates...
    My guess? Those places with strict gun control laws already had extremely high crime/gun violence rates. Did the restrictions reduce those rates? Don't know.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    09-26-2013 09:18 AM
    However I would like the option to have a gun in the glove box when I move out of a blue/heavily democratic state
    Are there more risks when you travel outside of a blue state? Are blue states safer? Personally, I think you could be attacked in any state, so it makes sense to have a pistol in the glove compartment no matter where you are as long as you are properly licensed to carry it.
    09-26-2013 02:00 PM
    With tragic events from Columbine, Aurora, and Newtown being used to forward political the agenda's of people from all walks of life I have to wonder when we've gone too far. When will people say enough is enough.
    People will always push an agenda. That's what they do. We simply have to push back.

Honestly, it sounds like the school in the case you cited went too far. Perhaps the parents will bring something up during the next board meeting.
    09-26-2013 02:05 PM
    I don't want to sound like I am trying to turn you into a gun collector, I just want you to have the information that you need to make the decision on you own. Most of that is going to be by talking to people with experience, and holding the gun, firing it, learning how to strip it down for cleaning etc.
    In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with being a responsible collector.

Honestly, I think many people need to visit a shooting range before they make up their minds about firearms. People just assume things based off the TV shows and movies they watch. There should be a firearms awareness day where the public can go to a local range at a discount rate to fire off a few rounds and see how they feel about the experience afterwards. Sure, you won't change everyone's mind, but at least you can try to dispel some myths.
    09-29-2013 03:48 AM
    The deadliest thing a civilian owns right now is a car.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I don't think that people are willing to admit that cars kill more people than guns though.
    09-29-2013 11:17 AM
    I grew up with guns, was taught about them at an early age, my dad taught me how to shoot when I was like 3. I did the girls shooting team in school, and loved it. I own two AR-15's (not select fire). I most definitely don't want to give them up or lose my right to own them, but I think there are a lot of people who have no business owning or possessing them.
    Knowledge of firearms is very important for those who either currently own or will own guns. Luckily I was taught at a young age about the importance of firearm safety, and how to properly use a firearm. Where I am having trouble understanding some peoples' logic is that the Constitution guarantees the right to own a firearm. I think that this is a topic that will be very controversial, however I wish that the opposition would stop trying to deny my rights to have a firearm. Do I need an AR-15? No but I want one. Do I need a Dodge Charger SRT-8 with 470 horsepower? Again no but I want one. What are the democrats trying to keep me from buying, a car or a gun?
    09-29-2013 02:34 PM
    Do I need an AR-15? No but I want one.
    Luckily, this forum thread encourages the discussion of changing the law if needed. So, is there a weapon that you would like to own that you don't have? Perhaps it's something that only the police or the military can legally use under current laws? Or is the AR-15 good enough? (It is a popular choice, so you're in good company.)
    10-03-2013 05:09 AM
    Luckily, this forum thread encourages the discussion of changing the law if needed. So, is there a weapon that you would like to own that you don't have? Perhaps it's something that only the police or the military can legally use under current laws? Or is the AR-15 good enough? (It is a popular choice, so you're in good company.)
    I would like to have a machine gun, but I'd settle for an AR-15.
    10-04-2013 11:07 AM
    I would like to have a machine gun, but I'd settle for an AR-15.
    So basically you just need to apply to the ATF and pay a tax stamp to get a machine gun, right? Is there a particular model you would be interested in?
    10-04-2013 02:07 PM
    So basically you just need to apply to the ATF and pay a tax stamp to get a machine gun, right? Is there a particular model you would be interested in?
    That is true. Yes, I am interested in the M60 which uses 7.60mm rounds. Do you think I can mount it to the roof of my truck? It might come in handy during my late night shifts when I have cash to deposit for work.
    10-05-2013 02:20 PM
    There is a movement out there organizing truckers to protest the U.S. government on Oct 11 by causing major traffic jams and such in D.C.and around the country. By looking at their Facebook page and website, this sounds like it could be a big deal. I also know that things like this can be made to look a lot bigger than they really are.

So I'm curious if any of the others here have heard of the movement to try getting a better idea of their actual reach. Being a trucker myself, I want to say I'm wholly against this specific group but want to see if this topic has enough interest for me to bother elaborating much.
    10-08-2013 03:35 AM
    Is this the group you're talking about: 'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen - US News and World Report ? They want all liberals arrested? Maybe they should consider Witch trials in Salem.
    10-08-2013 06:02 AM
    There is a movement out there organizing truckers to protest the U.S. government on Oct 11 by causing major traffic jams and such in D.C.and around the country.
    So all the other days of major traffic jams haven't been a protest of something?

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    Mooncatt likes this.
    10-08-2013 07:21 AM
    That is the group, yes, and they are currently saying the paper was interviewing someone that wasn't part of the leadership and demanding a retraction of the article. Since that is the only time I've heard any of them say anything about "arresting" people, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. I haven't heard anything that extreme from anyone else involved. At most, blocking roads, cutting air lines to disable trucks, and blocking off fuel pumps at truckstops... All of which isn't the right way to protest either imho. I think it's the followers mostly wanting to cause physical damages/vandalism.

I was on the fence a bit on the group as a whole because I do support some of their ideas. That is, until I heard one of the co-founders and a spokesman (for lack of a better term) being interviewed on a radio show. They weren't trying to advocate violence like the other guy in the article you linked, but here's what I learned from their own words:

-The leaders have nothing to do with the trucking industry
    -They don't understand how the industry works
    -Talking out of both sides of their mouths, wanting less government while at the same time wanting government to step in where they shouldn't
    -Claimed it's the government's fault that owners don't know how to run their own business
    -Considered documents that were on their site at the time listing what the group is about as "old news" and outdated when debating what they said (and the documents were only a couple weeks old as it was!)
    -Since changed said documents after the show, despite being so fervent defenders of the removed points during the interview.
    -They were originally named Truckers to Shut Down America, and not only changed their name, but their agenda seems to keep changing.
    -Called pointing out the fallacy of their two main leading points as getting off track and into the minutia of things that didn't matter.
    -Apparently are deleting just about any post on their Facebook page that disagrees with the established plans, while saying that want driver and industry feedback to make things better

Ride for the Constitution info:
    http://ridefortheconstitution.org/
    https://facebook.com/ridefortheconstitution

A counter point and open discussion page set up by the radio host that interviewed them
    https://facebook.com/kevinsdiscussion
    10-08-2013 07:59 AM
    It's on the Fox News site now.

10-08-2013 11:36 AM
    They back peddled their statements.
    10-09-2013 05:24 PM
    Their agenda changes often. Just when you think you understand what they're for, they change it.
    10-10-2013 12:10 AM
    Their agenda changes often. Just when you think you understand what they're for, they change it.
    Now we're going off-topic to talk about our wives?

10-10-2013 03:24 AM
    That is true. Yes, I am interested in the M60 which uses 7.60mm rounds. Do you think I can mount it to the roof of my truck? It might come in handy during my late night shifts when I have cash to deposit for work.
    I wouldn't be surprised if vehicle mounts were available. If someone tried to mess with you while you were depositing money, they would quickly change their mind once they see the M60 on your truck.
    10-10-2013 09:58 PM
    This is nothing new. We supplied the gas that Suddam used to kill the Kurds. We helped "Freedom Fighters" destroy entire systems in South America. We help those that we feel will get us what we want in the world, no matter the cost, no matter the law. Also remember that Al Queda was created and funded by the CIA. It's the American way... Not the Obama way.
    10-11-2013 03:02 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if vehicle mounts were available. If someone tried to mess with you while you were depositing money, they would quickly change their mind once they see the M60 on your truck.
    Perhaps I can do some sort of remote control system, like James Bond!
    10-11-2013 03:22 PM
4,617 ... 139140141142143 ...