07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 151152153154155 ...
tools
    Where do you think criminals get their guns? They do not legally purchase and register them, they are buying off other criminals.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Pretty much the point I've been trying to make. Turn all your guns in if you want to, the crims won't. You're essentially giving your protection away.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    qxr likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:43 PM
    Here is a VERY well explained perspective on the subject:

http://bearingarms.com/why-good-people-should-be-armed/

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 10:02 PM
    Our turn in incentive worked.
    Than again our government paid above market rates.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    12-02-2013 10:44 PM
    Sure, turn in incentives work great...for the criminals:

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...anned-n1464528

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    qxr likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:57 PM
    Since we basically *are* talking about America here...

Are there crazy people in America who have guns? Yep.
    Are there people with a criminal bent of mind who have guns? Yep.
    Are there others who have guns who similarly shouldn't? Yep.
    Are these bad things? Yep. Is anyone seriously arguing they're not bad? Nope.

The problem is not about the guns itself. In fact, I can think of at least one particular recent case where legal access to guns was a comparatively good thing: the Colorado theater massacre. Had guns been unobtainable, that lunatic actually would have used other means that almost certainly would have resulted in the death of every single last man, woman, and child in the entire building.

The problem is the propensity towards violence in this country, and of late, the propensity towards flagrant flouting of one's rights of liberty. "I'm an American, which means I can do whatever the f*** I like." Or, "Me first, me last, and *screw* you." These attitudes seem to be on the rise, at least during the course of my lifetime.

If you go back to as recently as the 50s and 60s, it wasn't all that uncommon to have gun education and safety courses taught in high schools in America. For all I know, there may well be high schools in certain areas which still do this. But for all the instances of "violent gun crime" in America, every day more people are killed in car crashes and traffic accidents than by guns, knives, and just about any other weapon put together.

That basically goes back to my point earlier about the attitude of people. It's the attitude, not the device used. Reckless irresponsibility kills people, whether it's because you don't care if you're drunk and decide to drive anyway, or it's because someone pissed you off and so in an act of road rage you kill or cripple the other guy, or because X shoots Y.

What about the mentally disturbed? Well, these same people will probably find other means to kill if deprived of guns. So, why not (as I've suggested in another thread here) try to find them early on and work with them, give them therapy, give them medication if they really need it, or institutionalize them if there's no other option? Surely this would spare society the cost of precious life.

Oh, and before I'm accused of overlooking the obvious: why not look into the causes of why we've become such a more violent society, and actually *do* something about that, too? Hmm?

Posted via Android Central App
    NoYankees44 and qxr like this.
    12-02-2013 11:19 PM
    America has been scared by so many casualties that we've become a country without any freedom. I have not heard of any people getting caught by the NSA for bombs or such. Just a waste of money funding

12-03-2013 06:30 AM
    America has been scared by so many casualties that we've become a country without any freedom. I have not heard of any people getting caught by the NSA for bombs or such. Just a waste of money funding

Without Google, can anyone name any of the mass shooters in the last 20 years? This one is easy. A person can name most of them.

Without Google again, can anyone name any of the victims? This on is a lot harder. I can't.

The news media (vultures) have plastered these asshats photos all over the TV. They immortalize these idiots and will not take any responsibility for their hand in any of it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    qxr likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:01 AM
    The news media (vultures) have plastered these asshats photos all over the TV. They immortalize these idiots and will not take any responsibility for their hand in any of it.
    We can force the media to take responsibility. Write to their sponsors and complain about the coverage. Boycott the products they advertise. Hit the media where it hurts - in their pocket book. It is your right to speak out against it.
    Serial Fordicator and qxr like this.
    12-03-2013 07:20 AM

Without Google again, can anyone name any of the victims? This on is a lot harder. I can't

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    One of my best friends Matt McQuinn was killed in Aurora, Colorado at the Batman premier.
    12-03-2013 03:46 PM
    Here's how I see my rifle's, I don't care if it is an ar15 or an ar30.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-1471799_401767376620763_835735475_n.jpg  
    Scott7217, cdmjlt369 and qxr like this.
    12-03-2013 03:51 PM
    We can force the media to take responsibility. Write to their sponsors and complain about the coverage. Boycott the products they advertise. Hit the media where it hurts - in their pocket book. It is your right to speak out against it.
    When's the last time you've seen a boycott work?

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    qxr likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:33 PM
    When's the last time you've seen a boycott work?

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    All they do is hurt the employees trying to make a living not the employer.

12-03-2013 07:58 PM
    Where do you think criminals get their guns? They do not legally purchase and register them, they are buying off other criminals.

Exactly, If gun control worked there would be no murders in Chicago

cdmjlt369 and qxr like this.
    12-03-2013 08:04 PM
    There have been murders since Cain and Able, who here honestly thinks a gun control law is going to stop them?
    cdmjlt369, Scott7217 and qxr like this.
    12-03-2013 10:25 PM
    An excerpt from the 2008 US Supreme Court ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues."
    12-04-2013 12:25 AM
    The thing about gun control in one state is that it is relatively easy to import without a federal body. Secondly the state would have no real power to remove current weapons in circulation.

As for a shooter without Google. Bryan Martin. His name is etched into our history for the 35 lives he took. His the last person in this nation to use an ar15 in a massacre Or any other form of 'defence' (semi auto) rifle. Hopefully he continues to be the last massacre one.

Now I wonder how many walk around with ar15s for defence? Just curious do you walk down to the store with one for defence?

12-04-2013 05:54 AM
    The thing about gun control in one state is that it is relatively easy to import without a federal body. Secondly the state would have no real power to remove current weapons in circulation.

As for a shooter without Google. Bryan Martin. His name is etched into our history for the 35 lives he took. His the last person in this nation to use an ar15 in a massacre Or any other form of 'defence' (semi auto) rifle. Hopefully he continues to be the last massacre one.

Now I wonder how many walk around with ar15s for defence? Just curious do you walk down to the store with one for defence?

You do not cc an ar15. Defense, with respect to rifles, generally means of their home.
    Most of my rifles would go from my armpit to my legs and lower legs...not exactly cc. No legal gun owner would do that. There is not an efficient way to draw the weapon in self defense as there is with a handgun. Further the idea behind cc is conceal.

12-04-2013 07:56 AM

You keep bringing up this guy and the 35 lives he took, but tell me, how many more lives have been lost due to no access to a weapon for protection? How many old lady's have been robbed? How many rapes have been committed?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    plumbrich, cdmjlt369 and qxr like this.
    12-04-2013 09:44 AM
    I believe a very slim margin as our other crime rates are almost identical to America's for robbery etc and continued their norm trend per capita. The difference is your teen murder rates is 82x higher. Which shows their is a problem. Secondly the legislation not only rededicated the massacres, youth suicide decreased.

So I think statistically speaking it hasn't increased crime.

I mention it as it was on of the last massacres we had. Remember we haven't had one for about 16 years.

As for defence of women, sure men have a muscular advantage but does not mean they cannot defend them selves. At schoolies last week my girlfriend whose 50kg (about 120pouunds) dropped 3 male men about the age of 17/18 for trying to touch her boobs in the zones. That's just an example size and gender doesn't always play a card in self defence. Personally bit embarrassing for those guys.

msndrstood likes this.
    12-04-2013 03:26 PM
    I believe a very slim margin as our other crime rates are almost identical to America's for robbery etc and continued their norm trend per capita. The difference is your teen murder rates is 82x higher. Which shows their is a problem. Secondly the legislation not only rededicated the massacres, youth suicide decreased.

So I think statistically speaking it hasn't increased crime.

I mention it as it was on of the last massacres we had. Remember we haven't had one for about 16 years.

As for defence of women, sure men have a muscular advantage but does not mean they cannot defend them selves. At schoolies last week my girlfriend whose 50kg (about 120pouunds) dropped 3 male men about the age of 17/18 for trying to touch her boobs in the zones. That's just an example size and gender doesn't always play a card in self defence. Personally bit embarrassing for those guys.

This instance of a woman standing up to a man on an even playing field and holding her own is great, but not the norm. England's other crime rates shot up significantly after strict gun control measures were passed. As for how much crime is prevented because of the possibility of a firearm being present, no one wants to ever credit that possibility.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    qxr likes this.
    12-04-2013 04:17 PM
    This instance of a woman standing up to a man on an even playing field and holding her own is great, but not the norm. England's other crime rates shot up significantly after strict gun control measures were passed. As for how much crime is prevented because of the possibility of a firearm being present, no one wants to ever credit that possibility.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Exactly. Plus the high juvenile murders generally take place in cities with strict gun control, meaning the criminals still have guns.

12-04-2013 06:02 PM
    Exactly. Plus the high juvenile murders generally take place in cities with strict gun control, meaning the criminals still have guns.

The government thinks America is utopia, it's far from it...

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    12-04-2013 07:23 PM
    Well its a whole national level without gun control compared to a while national level with. I don't think a few states with gun control will make it 82x more teenage murders than a country with gun control all over.I think the whole nation would be a factor your saying 1 state with gun control is 4100x more likely to have teenage murders than a country with gun control. Your logic is seriously stuffed.

12-05-2013 12:52 AM
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...uns-Less-Crime

12-05-2013 05:06 AM
    That could be related to social factors e.g. trends already in play as its exclusive to the theus.

12-05-2013 06:49 AM
4,617 ... 151152153154155 ...