07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 165166167168169 ...
tools
    The original point was related to additional voting rights being granted by the Constitution, by amendment I suppose. The answer is NO, the right to vote has already been addressed for all races and genders. You can't make it more legal for someone to vote. The right has been granted. What more could you do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-25-2013 09:56 PM
    What we need more than anything is more than the 2 choices presented in most general elections. We talk about voting like we're really being given a choice. Not so much. The 2 party system is broken IMO.

I think signatures are stupid.
    12-26-2013 01:43 AM
    I miss the 90s, when telling a woman to do something wasn't called sexism and proving a point to a person wasn't racism

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    12-26-2013 01:51 AM
    The real question is do we really think any election has been decided because a very few people, for whatever reason, couldn't vote?? Probably not. Not even 2000.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Actually, you can also ask the question if someone has won office due to possible voter fraud? The only time I'm aware of is when GWB won his first term. Thus, why do we have all these red states enacting all these voting laws for a problem that may have only been realized at their own hands? It also begs the question, how is it that someone can win the popular vote, and not win the general election? I've heard some people say that the electoral college was devised because the founding fathers did not trust the average voter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    12-26-2013 02:09 AM
    I've heard some people say that the electoral college was devised because the founding fathers did not trust the average voter.
    Read "The Federalist Papers" Nos. 10 and 68. That will explain why the FF created it.

They were interested in basically two things. One is that they wanted people who had better judgment in the view of the people at election time to make the call. The other is that they wanted to guard against the random passions of the people. Alexis de Tocqueville in his own writings about the creation of this country described it as the "tyranny of the majority".
    nolittdroid likes this.
    12-26-2013 05:46 AM
    Read "The Federalist Papers" Nos. 10 and 68. That will explain why the FF created it.

They were interested in basically two things. One is that they wanted people who had better judgment in the view of the people at election time to make the call. The other is that they wanted to guard against the random passions of the people. Alexis de Tocqueville in his own writings about the creation of this country described it as the "tyranny of the majority".
    What strikes me as funny about the 'random passions' is how often the GOP actually uses emotion to garner votes. If you look at many of the platforms it campaigns on, a lot include inciting of either fear or anger. 'Illegal aliens taking over our country, stealing our jobs (or the popular turk ur jurbs), our women...etc. etc., or the 'Terrorists, we've got to fight them over there so they don't fight us over here', followed by the recent call to arms, 'we have to put a stop to this madman that's spending us into oblivion'. It seems to never stop, one crisis after another.

The Democrats have yet to learn how to engage a voter's hate and rage like that. They're still stuck trying to appease to a voter's symathetic side. 'Oh won't you help us help the poor, the weak, the sick?'

I don't really think either side knows how to be effective leaders to be quite honest. As I stated in a previous post, if these politicians gave the masses 100% of the truth and instead of having laws that required a law degree to decipher they wrote common language law, it would spell doom for the status quo. If you wrote good legislation that served the greater good, and not just special interest groups, you'd see a much more prosperous country, and not what we have today, which is special interests siphoning away the wealth and sending it out of the country.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    12-26-2013 06:18 AM
    What strikes me as funny about the 'random passions' is how often the GOP actually uses emotion to garner votes. If you look at many of the platforms it campaigns on, a lot include inciting of either fear or anger. 'Illegal aliens taking over our country, stealing our jobs (or the popular turk ur jurbs), our women...etc. etc., or the 'Terrorists, we've got to fight them over there so they don't fight us over here', followed by the recent call to arms, 'we have to put a stop to this madman that's spending us into oblivion'. It seems to never stop, one crisis after another.

The Democrats have yet to learn how to engage a voter's hate and rage like that. They're still stuck trying to appease to a voter's symathetic side. 'Oh won't you help us help the poor, the weak, the sick?'
    Two sides of the same coin, both using emotion to garner votes.
    12-26-2013 06:37 AM
    Liberals appeal to the softer more charitable emotions that one feels in their "heart" while conservatives appeal to the more common sense emotions that involve more logical thinking. That's why liberal men tend to be more like the pajama boy in the ACA ad.
    12-26-2013 07:14 AM
    ICYMI
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-1388064271210.jpg  
    12-26-2013 07:24 AM
    Liberals appeal to the softer more charitable emotions that one feels in their "heart" while conservatives appeal to the more common sense emotions that involve more logical thinking. That's why liberal men tend to be more like the pajama boy in the ACA ad.
    Do you have any proof of this or are you speaking from your "personal experience?"

✌SG3/iPad2
    12-26-2013 07:42 AM
    Why would the White House use this ad if what I said isn't true. If I'm wrong so are the president's best ad people. Apparently the WH agrees with what I said. Do you disagree?
    12-26-2013 07:50 AM
    Do you have any proof of this or are you speaking from your "personal experience?"

✌SG3/iPad2
    And that's why we are in the mess we're in. Each camp is so dug in, one side thinks compromise is a dirty word, and the other side is too timid and incompetent to lead effectively. The people do indeed deserve the government they're getting if you ask me.
    12-26-2013 08:30 AM
    He created a legendary gun, and if nothing else, he deserves credit for that.
    The AK-47 is probably the deadliest rifle still in use today.

Top Ten Combat Rifles: AK-47 Rifle
    12-26-2013 08:11 PM

I don't know who from the military channel put that together, but it seemed odd at best. Of all the rifles listed, I have shot the AK-47, M-1, M-16, FAL, and the Aug. Out of those 5 rifles, I liked the Aug the best for accuracy and less recoil. The Aug I used wasn't an Austrian Aug, but rather an Australian variant. They also left out the Famas which is an outstanding assault rifle.
    12-26-2013 08:50 PM
    Out of those 5 rifles, I liked the Aug the best for accuracy and less recoil. The Aug I used wasn't an Austrian Aug, but rather an Australian variant. They also left out the Famas which is an outstanding assault rifle.
    The Military Channel probably ranked the AK-47 higher because it has widespread use. The video is also old, so the rankings might change if they made another one today. The Steyr AUG might have a higher rank now, and the list would probably drop one of the rifles and put in the FAMAS instead.
    12-26-2013 09:05 PM
    Internet and right to internet privacy will one day become a right. it's just a matter of government and how corrupted it'll become in 3 years.

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    12-26-2013 10:08 PM
    Internet and right to internet privacy will one day become a right....

Seriously, seriously doubt that.
    It's too late to shut the barn door, the horses have already ran away.

12-26-2013 10:13 PM
    Seriously, seriously doubt that.
    It's too late to shut the barn door, the horses have already ran away.

That's why I have unicorns.

12-27-2013 01:23 AM

the russian military still uses it if i am not mistaken
    12-27-2013 04:52 PM
    the russian military still uses it if i am not mistaken
    They probably use one on the newer AK's like the AK-102
    12-28-2013 06:27 AM
    The AK is a very robust firearm and would not feel under gunned if it were all I had available. However I like my AR's more, but do take the AK74's out from time to time just for the cool factor at the range. LOL!! Unfortunately the media has made a lot of people believe it is some kind of death machine more lethal than other guns or it never malfunctions however both points are false.

Haven't owned the Steyr AUG but have played with a few. Even though it is ambidextrous you have to physically change it for left or right. This is no big deal but from a military battle field stand point picking up a weapon from the battlefield and having to physically change something before continuing the fight would be a no-go for me. The AK and AR can be picked up by a lefty or righty and continue to fight without physically changing anything to do so is a major plus.

John Browning was the greatest gun designer ever and believe a John Browning day should be on the calendar in every free country.
    12-28-2013 08:15 AM
    That's why I have unicorns.

I have ocean front property in Arizona if you're interested.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-28-2013 11:22 AM
    I have ocean front property in Arizona if you're interested.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    I'll pay $276obo.

12-28-2013 10:11 PM
    I'll pay $276obo.

Haha deal!
    12-29-2013 09:44 AM
    They probably use one on the newer AK's like the AK-102
    i didn't even know there was a newer ak. now i am going to have to look it up lol

Sent from my HTC One
    12-29-2013 01:08 PM
4,617 ... 165166167168169 ...