07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 172173174175176 ...
tools
    Or on a more diplomatic tone...

http://www.thesilverpen.com/wp-conte...endy-mogel.jpg

😊

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    05-16-2014 11:03 PM
    I just wish they wouldn't lump the nuts in with it. Chemtrails? I really despise conspiracy theorists.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-17-2014 11:08 AM
    That seems to be how these things get support. The fringe nuts call for protests for legitimate concerns, but then change their tune and reveal their true agendas right before the planned event. Of course that deflates any support from regular people and leaves the nuts pretty much on their own at the protest while still trying to claim the former, much broader, support.
    05-17-2014 11:34 AM
    Destined to be a failure. Over stated goal, over stated attendance estimate. A flop before it ever began.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2014 03:26 PM
    Destined to be a failure. Over stated goal, over stated attendance estimate. A flop before it ever began.

Posted via Android Central App
    I think the problem is that they didn't set up any "rape free zones". Maybe it would have helped to defecate on a few cop cars.
    05-18-2014 03:51 PM
    Reminds me of the Occupy nut jobs.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    A895 and Serial Fordicator like this.
    05-18-2014 04:28 PM

I had an art teacher my junior year who participated in occupy wall street. That was the most pointless protest in recent history.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    phoneaddict78 likes this.
    05-18-2014 04:39 PM

Except I'm not hearing stories about their organizers staying in 5 star hotels while the regular protesters sleep in tents. I have yet to hear about so much as a littering fine at a TEA party event, while they had to set up rape free zones at Occupy. While I agree that we are seeing the fringes with these protests, I do not agree that they are anything like the groups at Occupy.
    05-18-2014 04:40 PM
    Except I'm not hearing stories about their organizers staying in 5 star hotels while the regular protesters sleep in tents. I have yet to hear about so much as a littering fine at a TEA party event, while they had to set up rape free zones at Occupy. While I agree that we are seeing the fringes with these protests, I do not agree that they are anything like the groups at Occupy.
    They still give out littering fines!?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    05-18-2014 04:54 PM
    You're right I haven't heard of littering and damaging property from them that I saw when they had the Occupy movement here.

05-18-2014 05:08 PM
    I didn't get any mail today, does that mean these Yahoos succeeded? Should I sell off all my U.S. treasury bonds?
    05-19-2014 08:24 PM
    N.J. family: Facebook photo of boy holding gun brought social workers to home | NJ.com

Summary:
    Family posts picture of their 10 year old son holding a rifle that appears to be an ar15 on Facebook. The rifle is a .22 caliper s&w, not an ar15(not that it would make any difference if it were). The rifle was a gift for the son's upcoming birthday. Someone calls child services to report this "abuse". A child services agent and 4 police officers show up to this man's door and demand to see all his firearms and questions their registration. New Jersey is a voluntary registration state. The man immediately calls his lawyer. The lawyer asks the police if they have a warrant. The say no. He asks them to leave and they do.

This just annoys me. Not as much the action of the police or officials(granted they had no right to request to see anything of the man's), but the ***** that called in and reported this family for buying their child a rifle. There is nothing illegal or abusive about buying your son a rifle. Are people really this dense and stupid?

I suppose the case worker has to investigate all calls, but 4 policemen? And what right do they have to request to see anything? I wager that if the man had not called his lawyer, they would have found a way into his safe and then found an excuse for confiscation.

Remember kids, always get a lawyer and never consent to ANY search without a warrant.
    05-20-2014 05:43 PM
    [Inappropriate language removed by moderators] I'd sue the cops!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌
    05-20-2014 06:47 PM
    Family posts picture of their 10 year old son holding a rifle that appears to be an ar15 on Facebook.
    I would strongly encourage people not to use Facebook. It causes so many problems that it's not worth it anymore.
    dctokyo, jdbii, A895 and 1 others like this.
    05-20-2014 06:53 PM
    N.J. family: Facebook photo of boy holding gun brought social workers to home | NJ.com

Summary:
    Family posts picture of their 10 year old son holding a rifle that appears to be an ar15 on Facebook. The rifle is a .22 caliper s&w, not an ar15(not that it would make any difference if it were). The rifle was a gift for the son's upcoming birthday. Someone calls child services to report this "abuse". A child services agent and 4 police officers show up to this man's door and demand to see all his firearms and questions their registration. New Jersey is a voluntary registration state. The man immediately calls his lawyer. The lawyer asks the police if they have a warrant. The say no. He asks them to leave and they do.

This just annoys me. Not as much the action of the police or officials(granted they had no right to request to see anything of the man's), but the ***** that called in and reported this family for buying their child a rifle. There is nothing illegal or abusive about buying your son a rifle. Are people really this dense and stupid?

I suppose the case worker has to investigate all calls, but 4 policemen? And what right do they have to request to see anything? I wager that if the man had not called his lawyer, they would have found a way into his safe and then found an excuse for confiscation.

Remember kids, always get a lawyer and never consent to ANY search without a warrant.
    Everything you're saying is correct. I don't disagree with you. Just keep in mind that guns scare a lot of people given all the recent shootings people hear about on the news.
    jdbii likes this.
    05-20-2014 07:39 PM
    I would strongly encourage people not to use Facebook. It causes so many problems that it's not worth it anymore.
    Agree with you on this. People should realise that these images can be misused, and misinterpreted. A quick Google search brings these images.

Firearms and self-defense-screenshots_2014-05-21-11-53-29.jpg
    palandri likes this.
    05-20-2014 09:33 PM
    This just annoys me. Not as much the action of the police or officials(granted they had no right to request to see anything of the man's), but the ***** that called in and reported this family for buying their child a rifle.
    I believe law enforcement can request entry, but the homeowner can deny the request if there is no warrant. Unless there is probable cause, the police cannot enter the premises. In this situation, the police complied with the law. They did not have a warrant, so they left. Perhaps the police are now investigating whoever called the child services hot line.
    05-20-2014 10:34 PM
    .... Perhaps the police are now investigating whoever called the child services hot line.
    There's really nothing there to investigate. The picture concerned her and she reported it. That's what you're suppose to do.
    jdbii and glazedfaith like this.
    05-20-2014 11:07 PM
    Would it bother you if this was done to the Sandy Hook family prior to the Sandy Hook shooting?
    jdbii likes this.
    05-21-2014 04:09 PM
    "Are people really this dense and stupid?"
    I assume you are new to our little blue green dot.
    Yes, yes they are.
    It's a miracle the species has survived as long as it has.
    05-21-2014 09:37 PM
    Looks like another mass shooting. 7 dead in Calif. shooting rampage called 'premeditated mass murder' - CNN.com This creep actually had a video posted. Considering we don't have gun laws that would keep these types of deviants from owning weapons, would someone reporting this guy's video and having the authorities give this piece of garbage a top to bottom sweep of his entire life be deemed an assault on the Constitution? If you think so, I recommend looking for his video online, viewing it, and coming to the same conclusion.
    TOTtomdora likes this.
    05-24-2014 05:25 PM
    Looks like another mass shooting. 7 dead in Calif. shooting rampage called 'premeditated mass murder' - CNN.com This creep actually had a video posted. Considering we don't have gun laws that would keep these types of deviants from owning weapons, would someone reporting this guy's video and having the authorities give this piece of garbage a top to bottom sweep of his entire life be deemed an assault on the Constitution? If you think so, I recommend looking for his video online, viewing it, and coming to the same conclusion.
    Now search for similar videos in general. You're telling me all of those people need to have their life combed through to determine if they're going to go on a murder spree?

Yes, a mass murder/shooting spree is inexcusable and tragic, but "ZOMG GIRLS DON'T LIKE ME" is not a reason to go and do it.

So, who would determine which "ZOMG GIRLS DON'T LIKE ME" videos warrant the "top to bottom sweep of his entire life"?
    05-24-2014 07:02 PM
    Now search for similar videos in general. You're telling me all of those people need to have their life combed through to determine if they're going to go on a murder spree?

Yes, a mass murder/shooting spree is inexcusable and tragic, but "ZOMG GIRLS DON'T LIKE ME" is not a reason to go and do it.

So, who would determine which "ZOMG GIRLS DON'T LIKE ME" videos warrant the "top to bottom sweep of his entire life"?
    I think we're talking about different videos. The one I'm referencing, he specifically makes reference to going on a shooting spree. The picture in the original post, while I will concede that it is a little bit too much of a knee jerk reaction, I think I'd rather err on the side of caution considering the times we live in. If anything, maybe the parents of this kid will be just a bit more proactive in making sure their child knows about gun safety.
    05-24-2014 07:19 PM
    I think we're talking about different videos. The one I'm referencing, he specifically makes reference to going on a shooting spree. The picture in the original post, while I will concede that it is a little bit too much of a knee jerk reaction, I think I'd rather err on the side of caution considering the times we live in. If anything, maybe the parents of this kid will be just a bit more proactive in making sure their child knows about gun safety.
    It looks like the original video was removed, so I can't see when it was posted to YouTube. Looks like the day before.

Next question....who's going to watch for all these sorts of videos to pop on YouTube and be responsible for vetting them all within 24 hours? There's more to what you're saying than you've considered.

The biggest thing is "well, one person did it, so now we have to check everyone else too". Where is the line?
    05-24-2014 07:32 PM
    It looks like the original video was removed, so I can't see when it was posted to YouTube. Looks like the day before.

Next question....who's going to watch for all these sorts of videos to pop on YouTube and be responsible for vetting them all within 24 hours? There's more to what you're saying than you've considered.

The biggest thing is "well, one person did it, so now we have to check everyone else too". Where is the line?
    Considering we have a large group of people that refuse to have a grown up conversation on the issue of gun violence in our society, do we really want to establish a line that says, "this many deaths are acceptable"? Trust me, I think that people should be allowed to defend themselves, their loved ones, and their homes from people that mean to do them harm, but the paranoia coming from one camp that insists that the government is trying to slowly disarm them and then overnight lock them up and throw away the key is the definition of insanity (And I don't mean the workout videos).

The 2nd amendment is another example of how we've let go of the wheel on logic. Instead of discussing it with critical thinking, we're all "2nd amendment don't tread on me, go murica!"

Look at the 2nd amendment as it was written by the framers:

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Now from what I hear, from those on the right, is that the 2nd amendment is necessary if we ever need to overthrow this government. Now this argument would be plausible if we still lived in the age of muskets and cannons. The government is way past muskets and cannons. The time for adult conversation on this is way past overdue. Yes the constitution is the road map of our great nation, but every great nation finds a way to adapt. Even christians have adapted, our society doesn't stone people to death anymore for the act of infidelity.
    TOTtomdora likes this.
    05-24-2014 08:16 PM
4,617 ... 172173174175176 ...