Not so fun fact: There have been 74 mass shootings since Sandy Hook making it every 7.33 days there is a mass shooting.

Posted via Android Central App

Unfortunately the same mentality that opponents of voter ID laws have, those who love their guns have just the same (in it's simplest form). They do not want to jump through anymore hoops or pay any nominal fee in order to exercise their god given constitutional right. Even if you make the process free, if it's a burden they will fight you at every step of he way.
    06-12-2014 09:12 AM
    Your assumptions fail you.
    Which assumptions (based on observation) would those be? The assumption that you don't know American (or British) history, because you don't appear to understand why most Americans are not desirous of being disarmed by their government and why they feel they have the right to arms with which to defend home and family? The assumption you don't know what you're talking about when you claim the RKBA, as an issue in American politics, didn't exist one, two and three decades ago? Or the "assumption" that you made a clearly bigoted accusation (again)?
    06-12-2014 10:29 AM
    Which assumptions (based on observation) would those be? The assumption that you don't know American (or British) history, because you don't appear to understand why most Americans are not desirous of being disarmed by their government and why they feel they have the right to arms with which to defend home and family? The assumption you don't know what you're talking about when you claim the RKBA, as an issue in American politics, didn't exist one, two and three decades ago? Or the "assumption" that you made a clearly bigoted accusation (again)?
    All of them, and strangely, you sound familiar. Keep calling me a bigot. Go right ahead.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    06-12-2014 10:44 AM
    All of them, and strangely, you sound familiar. Keep calling me a bigot. Go right ahead.
    Nice try, but I read "Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members."

I did not call you a bigot. I pointed-out you'd made a bigoted statement. Claiming pro-firearms-rights people are pro-gun because the U.S. elected a black President is clearly a bigoted statement. I attacked your argument, not you, personally. Nor, since it's true, can it possibly be an insult.

As to the other two points: Claiming you know things is not proof that you do, particularly when you've demonstrated, so far, you apparently do not.
    06-12-2014 11:35 AM
    I defy you to look into the eyes of one of the victim's loved ones and explain that to them, "Well, we could've TRIED to prevent this from happening, but why bother?"
    The reason I said it's not going to happen is because it can't happen. By their nature, illegal guns are going to be hidden away, sold and traded on the black market. It's like trying to prove a negative. But hey, if you prove me wrong, I've got some Jello, a nail, and a hammer for you.
    06-12-2014 12:10 PM
    The reason I said it's not going to happen is because it can't happen. By their nature, illegal guns are going to be hidden away, sold and traded on the black market. It's like trying to prove a negative. But hey, if you prove me wrong, I've got some Jello, a nail, and a hammer for you.
    They could always try to infiltrate the black market and tag and ID illegal weapons or just do a massive effort on illegal weapons. Hell, they could probably do that with the drug trade and gangs too.

06-12-2014 12:19 PM
    They could always try to infiltrate the black market and tag and ID illegal weapons or just do a massive effort on illegal weapons. Hell, they could probably do that with the drug trade and gangs too.
    06-12-2014 12:27 PM
    So it's wrong to try to do something useful that can do a lot of good? A massive effort on the black market for illegal weapons would be nothing but positive.

06-12-2014 12:41 PM
    So it's wrong to try to do something useful that can do a lot of good? A massive effort on the black market for illegal weapons would be nothing but positive.
    Wow, so you are serious. I thought maybe that was sarcasm.

The drug trade? Srsly? After all these decades trying to stamp it out. After all the lives wasted, and currently wasting in prisons and jails. After all the infringements on civil liberties, the no-knock raids--often on the wrong house, civil forfeitures and people killed, you still think The War On Some Drugs winnable.

How... precious.

Reality check: The War On Some Drugs is a good example of what happens when you try to impose on people a law they inherently feel is not just. Just as it was with alcohol prohibition, so it has been with the WOSD. And the way it would be in The War On Guns.

And... gangs? You want to stomp out gangs? Do you realize that gangs, in one form or another, have existed since the dawn of man's appearance on this planet?

What next: The world's oldest profession?
    06-12-2014 12:56 PM

The drug trade? Srsly? After all these decades trying to stamp it out. After all the lives wasted, and currently wasting in prisons and jails. After all the infringements on civil liberties, the no-knock raids--often on the wrong house, civil forfeitures and people killed, you still think The War On Some Drugs winnable.

How... precious.

Reality check: The War On Some Drugs is a good example of what happens when you try to impose on people a law they inherently feel is not just. Just as it was with alcohol prohibition, so it has been with the WOSD. And the way it would be in The War On Guns.

And... gangs? You want to stomp out gangs? Do you realize that gangs, in one form or another, have existed since the dawn of man's appearance on this planet?

In fairness if more people got laid there'd be less violence. Clearly that would have been he case in California.
    06-12-2014 01:08 PM
    In fairness if more people got laid there'd be less violence. Clearly that would have been he case in California.
    I hope you're joking.

SENT FROM MY NEXUS 7 USING TAPATALK.
    A895 and rexxman like this.
    06-12-2014 01:09 PM
    I hope you're joking.

Not in the case of the kid in California. lol
    06-12-2014 01:11 PM
    Not in the case of the kid in California. lol
    So you're blaming the people he killed for him doing what he did?

06-12-2014 01:15 PM
    So you're blaming the people he killed for him doing what he did?

No, I'm saying he should have just gone out like any other lonely man does who isn't getting laid. Go to a strip club, drop $500, convince yourself she really likes you hence all the attention, drop a little more (remember it's not the money she digs, it's his radiant charm) and she'll do somethings that aren't in the house rules.
    06-12-2014 01:19 PM

How... precious.

Jesus. I was talking about guns. The illegal gun trade.

06-12-2014 01:37 PM
    No, I'm saying he should have just gone out like any other lonely man does who isn't getting laid. Go to a strip club, drop $500, convince yourself she really likes you hence all the attention, drop a little more (remember it's not the money she digs, it's his radiant charm) and she'll do somethings that aren't in the house rules.
    Hmph. Would've been a better way to spend his money, instead of being so entitled to believe that because he has expensive clothing women will flock to you like an old spice ad.

A895 likes this.
    06-12-2014 01:47 PM
    Two groups recently met together in a coming out party to celebrate gay rights and the right to bear arms:

Gays With Guns, Pink Pistols celebrates gay rights and gun rights -- Guns.com (article link here)

Both Gays with Guns and Pink Pistols believe that gay people can protect themselves through the legal ownership of firearms.

From the Gays with Guns (website link here):

"We believe the 2nd is vitally important to our nation, our civil liberties, self-defense and our peace of mind. We are about:

- To promote training with a gun for the use in self-defense, target practice and marksmanship training; with safety always being the number one concern.

- To help advance and / or reinstate the 2nd amendment where it has been eroded.

- To promote the repeal of non common sense guns laws, especially those laws that restrict concealed weapon carry.

- Promoting LGBT’s to get involved with ALL our civil liberties.

- To push back against prevailing stereotypes of gun owners."

Pink Pistols share a similar sentiment (on their website here):

"We no longer believe it is the right of those who hate and fear gay, lesbian, bi, trans, or polyamorous persons to use us as targets for their rage. Self-defense is our RIGHT."

"The more people know that members of our community may be armed, the less likely they will be to single us out for attack."
    06-24-2014 02:08 AM
    Surely there must be another way, after all, the human is such an understanding creature.
    06-24-2014 02:17 AM
    Yuk

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.
    06-24-2014 03:09 AM
    Always good to see 2 groups find common ground.
    06-24-2014 09:59 AM
    There's something you don't see everyday.
    06-24-2014 03:11 PM
    I wonder how many times someone said, "I'll holster his weapon" in a high pitched effeminate tone....Sometimes I need to stop thinking about such things....
    06-24-2014 05:47 PM
    It is hard to find both true and unbiased material on the new laws because no one seems to fact check anything and reports misinformation(and of course the anti-gun complex is in full force), but here seems to be a decent article(i am not familiar with the site):
    Georgia ‘guns everywhere’ law takes effect | Al Jazeera America

Summary:
    Now Georgia carry permit holders can carry places the could not before.
    Including:
    Bars, clubs, and restaurants as long as they do not consume alcohol
    Government buildings without security
    Religious Buildings

Also, schools can choose to allow staff to carry in the classroom.

Note: These laws Do Not trump private property laws. A private business can still restrict carry on their property if they so choose.

**I will edit this information if I find any of it is incorrect. There are many conflicting reports on this law.
    07-08-2014 12:16 PM
    Note: These laws Do Not trump private property laws. A private business can still restrict carry on their property if they so choose.
    Little did Target shoppers realize, that the logo was more than just a company symbol.
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    07-08-2014 01:24 PM
    Little did Target shoppers realize, that the logo was more than just a company symbol.
    I found that hilariously ironic as well
    07-08-2014 01:31 PM
4,617 ... 182183184185