07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    Some appear to be hoping for a return to this abomination:
    We are currently living in an Obamanation, and while Bush wasn't perfect I would gladly go back and erase the last 4 years.

I'm just hoping this doesn't happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-601591_191379934319409_1525754259_n.jpeg  
    metz65 likes this.
    03-02-2013 02:55 AM
    We are currently living in an Obamanation, and while Bush wasn't perfect I would gladly go back and erase the last 4 years.
    Not one as sanctimonious and patently hypocritical as the one you endorse .....
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-bushvsjesus.jpg  
    03-02-2013 10:40 AM
    Too far....
    Technosticrati likes this.
    03-02-2013 10:54 AM
    Too far....
    Spot on.
    03-02-2013 10:56 AM
    Spot on.
    So attacking someone's faith and religion is ok with you?
    03-02-2013 11:00 AM
    Just out of curiosity does anyone really think there is that big of a difference between Democrats and Republicans?

I think the entire government is corrupt. The main difference is they just owe different interest groups that funnel them money. It seems like public office has went from being an honor to being about getting me and my buddy's all we can.

I'm not talking guns, impeachment or arguments about past or present presidents. I just wonder if anyone truly thinks the government as is has our best interests at heart?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-02-2013 11:04 AM
    So attacking someone's faith and religion is ok with you?
    A demonstration of the contrast in the corrupt humanity behind such Rovian ads is not an affront to any religion.
    03-02-2013 11:09 AM
    Just out of curiosity does anyone really think there is that big of a difference between Democrats and Republicans?

I think the entire government is corrupt. The main difference is they just owe different interest groups that funnel them money. It seems like public office has went from being an honor to being about getting me and my buddy's all we can.

I'm not talking guns, impeachment or arguments about past or present presidents. I just wonder if anyone truly thinks the government as is has our best interests at heart?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Straight down the line no I don't think any party has our best interest in mind when they govern. I vote for whichever candidate I happen to agree with the most. It is unfortunate that some/most of them have to voice the opinions that will get them the most votes. Especially on big things like abortion, gay marriage, etc...
    03-02-2013 11:10 AM
    I vote for whichever candidate I happen to agree with the most.
    Since you're placing yourself into the middle of the discussion ... Why don't you share with the class the most "liberal" US House or Senate member for whom you have voted in the last decade, and why? Just curious.
    03-02-2013 11:17 AM
    Like Grover Norquist wasn't bad enough.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Aquila likes this.
    03-02-2013 11:58 AM
    Since you're placing yourself into the middle of the discussion ... Why don't you share with the class the most "liberal" US House or Senate member for whom you have voted in the last decade, and why? Just curious.
    In your own words, and I quote: "When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed."
    03-02-2013 12:38 PM
    In your own words, and I quote: "When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed."
    As I said, you placed yourself into the middle of the discussion. No skin off my nose. Trust me. You answer in ways you cannot possibly imagine.
    03-02-2013 12:40 PM
    As I said, you placed yourself into the middle of the discussion. No skin off my nose.
    Actually you're the one that brought the word liberal into the discussion, I stated candidate.
    03-02-2013 12:45 PM
    Actually you're the one that brought the word liberal into the discussion, I stated candidate.
    So?
    03-02-2013 12:50 PM
    That's not only highly offensive, in poor taste, and incredibly crass but it's also attempting to use God to play your hyper-partisan politics.

You are an evil person.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    03-02-2013 12:59 PM
    That's not only highly offensive, in poor taste, and incredibly crass but it's also attempting to use God to play politics.

You are an evil person.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I didn't "use" it, but that's exactly what I thought when Karl Rove did use it against Vietnam vet and triple-amputee Max Cleland (D-GA). Karl didn't seem to care, however.

Would you like Karl Rove's phone number to file a complaint? I'm sure I've got it around here somewhere.
    03-02-2013 01:08 PM
    I'm not sure it's incorrect to imply that many followers of Jesus act and believe in ways that are contrary to what is taught about his beliefs and actions. Much in the same way that many people quote and use the statements of the founding fathers without any understanding of what they believed and why. I would venture that the far right fringe lunatics that are speaking on behalf of the republican party at a national level consistently misuse the image of both to advance a political and social agenda in direct opposition to the teachings of those they claim to follow. The most stark example is that the majority of their positions are born of fear, ignorance and hatred, all of which are extensively argued against by both Jesus and the founding fathers.
    03-02-2013 03:44 PM
    Straight down the line no I don't think any party has our best interest in mind when they govern. I vote for whichever candidate I happen to agree with the most. It is unfortunate that some/most of them have to voice the opinions that will get them the most votes. Especially on big things like abortion, gay marriage, etc...
    If they were the only two choices from now until the end of time, every day I would pick Obama over Romney. That being said, I disagree with I believe approximately 99% of what Romney believes and 98% of what Obama believes and would never support either.

I have to agree, neither party represents the people whatsoever. Neither party believes in liberty or justice, they both worship money and are thus the "two sided coin". We can get stomp on the poor people and give piles of cash to the richest people while we beg for scraps politics from one side, but the other side only offers stomp on the poor people and give piles of cash to the richest people while we beg for scraps politics.
    03-02-2013 03:52 PM
    Spot on.
    So you're saying that you don't understand how people can find that offensive?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-02-2013 05:11 PM
    I almost forgot. Historical and legal context don't matter. All that matters is what I viscerally feeeeeel are my rights.
    Again. Why not just go back to how things were under the King? The Constitution is a "clean break" from anything that went on before it. Legal and historical context for the purpose of this discussion should be limited to what's happened between the Constitution being put into effect and now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 and bigdaddytee like this.
    03-02-2013 05:19 PM
    So you're saying that you don't understand how people can find that offensive?
    As that low-brow campaign ad method is not my creation, but that of the GOP, I'm saying any thinking person should find it offensive.
    03-02-2013 05:41 PM
    Again. Why not just go back to how things were under the King? The Constitution is a "clean break" from anything that went on before it. Legal and historical context for the purpose of this discussion should be limited to what's happened between the Constitution being put into effect and now.
    You're conveniently overlooking easily-obtainable America-101 history. Absolutely weak argument.
    03-02-2013 05:43 PM

I'm just hoping this doesn't happen.
    Well, wasn't that clever. And I thought I'd heard all the derogatory names that the President has been called, but that's a new one. Congratulations.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    03-02-2013 05:51 PM
    As that low-brow campaign ad method is not my creation, but that of the GOP, I'm saying any thinking person should find it offensive.
    Posting a satirical political cartoon from Mad magazine and trying to pass it off as a creation of the GOP.

UH OH somebody's credibility just hit 0.

03-02-2013 07:27 PM
    Posting a satirical political cartoon from Mad magazine and trying to pass it off as a creation of the GOP.

UH OH somebody's credibility just hit 0.

Isn't that what the democratic party has been doing since Obama was elected? If they are not blaming Bush directly they are blaming republicans in general.
    03-02-2013 08:14 PM
4,617 ... 5758596061 ...