07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Isn't that what the democratic party has been doing since Obama was elected? If they are not blaming Bush directly they are blaming republicans in general.
    That really goes both ways.
    metz65 likes this.
    03-02-2013 08:47 PM
    You're conveniently overlooking easily-obtainable America-101 history. Absolutely weak argument.
    Then enlighten me. Please tell me exactly what document the Constitution was based and/or modeled after? What document was written before it that accomplished so much for a people?
    03-02-2013 08:50 PM
    That really goes both ways.
    Amen. Neither party is worth a (censored)

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    03-02-2013 09:00 PM
    It has been longer then I'd like to admit (so I won't) since an American history class, but I do believe our system of laws is loosely based on English common law.

And in particular, since you have asked about it, the Magna Carta comes easily to mind.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    03-02-2013 09:03 PM
    Isn't it the federalist papers that are supposed to have the writings listing intents and reasons behind the various parts of the Constitution?
    03-02-2013 09:18 PM
    Posting a satirical political cartoon from Mad magazine and trying to pass it off as a creation of the GOP.
    Is it that the satire of GOP campaign ads is too great a concept for you to fathom ... Or is that just willful ignorance speaking?
    03-02-2013 09:21 PM
    Thinks he will just ignore the 0 credibility crowd while they find more of their facts in the funny papers. Thanks!

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    03-02-2013 09:24 PM
    Then enlighten me. Please tell me exactly what document the Constitution was based and/or modeled after? What document was written before it that accomplished so much for a people?
    You believe that with 13 colonies and numerous territories that a single document stood as the template for the Constitution? You're smarter than that. If you want the Cliff Notes to American History-101, you might want to try Barnes & Nobles. With all due respect.
    03-02-2013 09:31 PM
    Thinks he will just ignore the 0 credibility crowd while they find more of their facts in the funny papers. Thanks!
    Happy trails, clown.
    03-02-2013 09:33 PM
    You believe that with 13 colonies and numerous territories that a single document stood as the template for the Constitution? You're smarter than that. If you want the Cliff Notes to American History-101, you might want to try Barnes & Nobles. With all due respect.
    But you ask people to do research for you ALL THE TIME.
    03-02-2013 11:17 PM
    Just as certain people can't understand concepts beyond the paradigm created for them by liars on the "far right", others can't understand there is more to the world than talking points fed to them by liars the "far left". The Truth isn't in the middle, the middle of crazy and lying is still either a vortex of delusional absolutism or inaccurate adherence to a tiny facet of reality, to the intellectual loss of the bigger picture, no matter how centrist you get.

The Truth requires using your own mind to discover; no politician, partisan mouthpiece, entertainer or media ***** will ever give it to you. The Truth is earned, it cannot be taken, given or co-opted, for anything that is not the entire Truth, even if it omits the tiniest piece to sway interpretation, is by definition not the Truth, for it is false and filtered. We are sovereign and free thinking, however too many latch on the the opinions and lies of whomever appeals to their preconceived notions of emotional consciousness.

People: These idiots are lying to you and yet you parrot their madness. The goal of misleading can only be manipulation, or the external control of your free will. That is the most basic definition of intellectual slavery and is absolutely necessary if they want you to consent to the physical slavery, in opposition to which our Country was founded.
    03-02-2013 11:50 PM
    Not sure I realize the irony of the Truth being described or defended by NothingIsTrue.
    03-02-2013 11:52 PM
    Whew! Glad that got resolved. I think we can all agree that Joe isn't the source of wisdom we're looking for on a touchy subject such as this.

"This is not the source you're looking for".
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    03-03-2013 01:03 AM
    One of the most inspirational sources to Jefferson and other founders was Thomas Paine, who among many other amazing philosophical statements, gave us this:

"The laws of every country must be analogous to some common principle. In England, no parent or master, nor all the authority of Parliament, omnipotent as it has called itself, can bind or control the personal freedom of an individual beyond the age of twenty-one." - The Rights of Man

There are other great examples, but I think this one statement may provide the most concise context that the framers held whilst crafting a government in which every citizen held right to power over the government, as the government existed at the whim of the People, subject primarily in the service of the inalienable rights of each individual.
    03-03-2013 02:05 AM
    But you ask people to do research for you ALL THE TIME.
    Kindly quote these requests in complete context. Put up. Thanks!
    03-03-2013 05:56 AM
    Whew! Glad that got resolved. I think we can all agree that Joe isn't the source of wisdom we're looking for on a touchy subject such as this.

"This is not the source you're looking for".
    Nor was Joe asked to be. He gave off-the-cuff commentary when asked about the subject. Only an idiotic partisan buffoon would take his commentary as a policy statement.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    03-03-2013 06:03 AM
    Magpul released this statement today.
    Magpul Backpedals on Preferential Treatment for LEOs and Military - The Free Patriot

While the title of the article does state that this includes the military, the article itself says:

"With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution specifically the second and fourteenth amendments as it applies to all citizens."
    Can you say Hypocritical democratic liberals.

Now Magpul has threatened to leave the state and has had other states offer to pay relocation costs.

Enter the Democratic party in favor of banning these terrible terrible killers of our children.
    State Rep. Daniel Kagan, D-Cherry Hills Village, said he plans to offer an amendment Friday that seeks to soften the bills impact on magazine makers in the state.

It needs to be clear that manufacturers will be able to still sell and transfer these high-capacity magazines to individuals in other states, the U.S. military and law enforcement, Kagan said. We want them (Magpul) to stay here in Colorado. It would be sad to see them leave.

Huh, what did I miss something? Oh yeah money, money makes it ok. We want your money but we don't want your product in our state. If you keep giving us your money you can still produce your evil wares here you just have to kill children in other states.

I think this democratic stand on the safety of our children qualifys and redefines the mythical Paper Tiger.

LMAO at showing us how to stand up for what you belive in and exercising some integrity.

Aquila likes this.
    03-03-2013 07:22 AM
    I don't care what they loosely based the Constitution on, we go by the US Constitution and there should be no debate about the Amendments.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-03-2013 08:33 AM
    If "anti-2nd amendment States" exist, kindly point us to their proposals which specifically call for the repeal of the right to bear arms within their constitutions.
    Your first post in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-03-2013 08:41 AM
    Start with the Magna Carta, English Common law etc. My God, does anyone actually read or do research about anything anymore?
    Aquila likes this.
    03-03-2013 08:45 AM
    No. I'm looking for evidence to support the title of this thread. None has been produced. There are no "anti-2nd amendment States".
    Did you ever find any? Oh wait, by "looking" you actually meant "waiting for someone to find for me".

Aquila likes this.
    03-03-2013 08:45 AM
    Start with the Magna Carta, English Common law etc. My God, does anyone actually read or do research about anything anymore?
    The point is that one particular member always asks for people to state facts yo support their view, but then when asked to do the same they refuse and tell the other member to do the research for themselves. It's a double standard.

I'm well aware of those other documents. Those documents having existed and maybe being a basis for our founding fathers ideas does not make them more important than the Constitution nor does it over ride what is stated. Even if it was written first. Our Constitution is the guiding principal (or is supposed to be) for everything we do. Not anything that may have been used as a basis. Nor do any of those documents take a precedence over what's stated in the Constitution.

Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-03-2013 08:50 AM
    Your first post in this thread.
    Not a request for "research". Common knowledge and elementary-level education should be a reasonable expectation of those who originate threads with postulated stupidity.
    03-03-2013 09:10 AM
    Nor was Joe asked to be. He gave off-the-cuff commentary when asked about the subject. Only an idiotic partisan buffoon would take his commentary as a policy statement.

Both of these statements were made during interviews, there was no indication that it was "off the cuff", or anything but an answer to a question asked either by the woman online, a reporter for field and stream, or a statement to field and stream.

In the position of VP Joe has to know by now that his statements have weight, and if he makes a statement "off the cuff" then he needs to make it clear. Especially with the field and stream article. The other was as he put it "what I told my wife" so there's no passing that one off as "off the cuff"

Personally I told my wife if she catches someone breaking into the house to grab her S&W M&P .40 and put that person or persons down, make sure they are not getting up right away. Then call 911, that bullet will travel at speeds up to 1175 ft/second and around here it mike take LEO's up to 20 minutes to respond.

Source for travel speed of a .40 caliber bullet: 40 Caliber Smith & Wesson Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101
    03-03-2013 09:10 AM
    Is there any way that we can discuss ideas without insults? My concern is that the most accurate information in the world will not be heard at all if it's presented in a condescending tone. That makes this emotional and defensive argument rather that philosophical debate. Symptomatic of the larger national problem.
    03-03-2013 09:12 AM
4,617 ... 5859606162 ...