07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    If they were the only two choices from now until the end of time, every day I would pick Obama over Romney. That being said, I disagree with I believe approximately 99% of what Romney believes and 98% of what Obama believes and would never support either.
    'Having' to speak about abortion, gay rights, etc is due to the GOP having reduced itself to a theocratic-nationalist party since the late 70s. Unless a candidate kisses the ring of the Southern Baptist Convention and uses the (not-so-secret) code of the Southern Strategy, no GOPer has a chance. Once the GOP divorces itself from the immoral majority within its ranks and leadership - and allows them to form their own theocratic party - the nation will be much better served.
    03-03-2013 09:14 AM
    I don't care what they loosely based the Constitution on, we go by the US Constitution and there should be no debate about the Amendments.
    No. As evidenced by the stupidity within these threads, many appear to wrongly believe that their rights are what they are told by special interests are their dumbed-down bumper-sticker "rights". Constitutional law is your friend. The "Constitution" is not the product of simpletons. Try harder.
    03-03-2013 09:20 AM
    Not sure the GOP is going to survive; many think the rift is deep and permanent. They're backstabbing and betraying each other in public right now, maybe it heals, maybe it doesn't, but a rift like this never bodes well for an establishment party. That's how the republicans came into existence in the first place. That party has let themselves slide so far and so long that it's hard to have sympathy for the politicians, but to the voters that don't get any candidates worth supporting, I hope you're right. Having actual conservatives and not lunatics who want to push their personal morals into legislation would be a god send. In a way, once their temper tantrum is over, I hope the democrats do the same thing. Wouldn't it be great to have two voices of reason instead of none?
    03-03-2013 09:21 AM
    Is there any way that we can discuss ideas without insults?
    Given the rabid nature of claims made by some thread titles and their supporting extremist blogs, in the real world, one gets what they give. Fair is fair. If a fair, non-intellectually corrupt idea is postulated as the basis for a thread, it is reasonable to expect that it can be discussed rationally without insults. That isn't happening.
    03-03-2013 09:23 AM
    Given the rabid nature of claims made by some thread titles and their supporting extremist blogs, in the real world, one gets what they give. Fair is fair. If a fair, non-intellectually corrupt idea is postulated as the basis for a thread, it is reasonable to expect that it can be discussed rationally without insults. That isn't happening.
    I'm a fan of leading by example, though I admit my example is not conducive to forums.. I tend to write long context driven posts that no one reads
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    03-03-2013 09:27 AM
    Start with the Magna Carta, English Common law etc. My God, does anyone actually read or do research about anything anymore?
    Not to mention the American history of the colonies and their State Declarations of Rights, etc.

Not that anyone starting idiotic threads can be bothered with such nonsense. Extremist Op-Ed blogs are the only supporting evidenced being used in these types of threads.
    03-03-2013 09:28 AM
    The point is that one particular member always asks for people to state facts yo support their view, but then when asked to do the same they refuse and tell the other member to do the research for themselves. It's a double standard.
    Still tripping over Scalia's pronouncement of the majority ruling in DC V Heller? You asked for it. You got it. Then, you moved the goalposts by never acknowledging the supporting evidence. Rinse & Repeat.
    03-03-2013 09:32 AM
    Perhaps we could post some political pieces from Mad magazine for you to try and pass off as facts and truth.

You are right this post has been filled with stupidity and insults , but it's not the OP'S fault that a gun control supporter has invaded the thread and done so. Thanks!

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    03-03-2013 09:35 AM
    Perhaps we could post some political pieces from Mad magazine for you to try and pass off as facts and truth.
    Still tripping over the phrase "campaign ad method"? No one ever stated the satire was an actual ad.

Are more examples of this Ready ... Fire ... AIM! what we can look forward to?
    03-03-2013 09:39 AM
    Can you say Hypocritical democratic liberals.

Now Magpul has threatened to leave the state and has had other states offer to pay relocation costs.

Enter the Democratic party in favor of banning these terrible terrible killers of our children.
    State Rep. Daniel Kagan, D-Cherry Hills Village, said he plans to offer an amendment Friday that seeks to soften the bills impact on magazine makers in the state.

It needs to be clear that manufacturers will be able to still sell and transfer these high-capacity magazines to individuals in other states, the U.S. military and law enforcement, Kagan said. We want them (Magpul) to stay here in Colorado. It would be sad to see them leave.

Huh, what did I miss something? Oh yeah money, money makes it ok. We want your money but we don't want your product in our state. If you keep giving us your money you can still produce your evil wares here you just have to kill children in other states.

I think this democratic stand on the safety of our children qualifys and redefines the mythical Paper Tiger.

LMAO at showing us how to stand up for what you belive in and exercising some integrity.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    As a liberal and a Boulder County CO property owner and taxpayer I say to the extortionist Magpul "leave, get out and don't let the door hit you on the way out".

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Aquila likes this.
    03-03-2013 09:42 AM
    As a liberal and a Boulder County CO property owner and taxpayer I say to the extortionist Magpul "leave, get out and don't let the door hit you on the way out".

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    "See ya, bye! We want your business unless you're gonna be a jerk about it, then I'd rather have my dignity than your dollar!" - Love it. Not sure I understand the story enough to agree or disagree with the position, but I like the thought process
    03-03-2013 09:44 AM

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    To bad your democratic politicians don't feel the same way as you huh? Maybe people should be more careful about who they vote for.

03-03-2013 09:46 AM
    To bad your democratic politicians don't feel the same way as you huh? Maybe people should be more careful about who they vote for.

That's a great reason to be active in the next election cycle; you can call them on the hypocrisy and/or replace them with someone with more integrity.
    03-03-2013 09:50 AM
    Is there any way that we can discuss ideas without insults? My concern is that the most accurate information in the world will not be heard at all if it's presented in a condescending tone. That makes this emotional and defensive argument rather that philosophical debate. Symptomatic of the larger national problem.
    It's ironic when Carolinadroid likes your post when that person is the number one insulter among the many threads he/she participated in.
    03-03-2013 09:54 AM

Glad to have upset your broad brush theory of liberalism.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    03-03-2013 10:05 AM
    Glad to have upset your broad brush theory of liberalism.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Doesn't upset me at all I didn't vote for him.

03-03-2013 10:08 AM
    I believe someone else has already employed that ethically-bankrupt method in creating threads such as "Obama's FORGED Docs", "Obama DIRECTLY funds HAMAS", etc, etc
    03-03-2013 10:10 AM
    I believe someone else has already employed that ethically-bankrupt method in creating threads such as "Obama's FORGED Docs", "Obama DIRECTLY funds HAMAS", etc, etc
    I don't recall ever adhering to the theory that two wrongs make a right. But if you believe someone else being ethically bankrupt makes it ok for you to do so more power to ya.

03-03-2013 10:13 AM
    I don't recall ever adhering to the theory that two wrongs make a right. But if you believe someone else being ethically bankrupt makes it ok for you to do so more power to ya.
    'Tis not ethically-bankrupt to hold accountable those who are. Nor is there a shred of evidence of accountability originating from those who are sympathetic to such people. This dog don't hunt.
    03-03-2013 10:31 AM
    'Tis not ethically-bankrupt to hold accountable those who are. Nor is there a shred of evidence of accountability originating from those who are sympathetic to such people. This dog don't hunt.
    I never said it was wrong.

03-03-2013 10:46 AM
    I never said it was wrong.
    The whole "two wrongs"-thingy kinda says otherwise.
    03-03-2013 10:59 AM
    The whole "two wrongs"-thingy kinda says otherwise.
    I said I did not adhere to the theory that two wrongs make a right.

Reading comprehension you should try it, it's becoming a lost art. Thanks!

03-03-2013 11:09 AM
    "See ya, bye! We want your business unless you're gonna be a jerk about it, then I'd rather have my dignity than your dollar!" - Love it. Not sure I understand the story enough to agree or disagree with the position, but I like the thought process
    Looking into what the company produces might help with perspective. Adding a sliding stock to an AR15 functionally turns it into an automatic weapon at the firing rate of 400-800 rounds per minute. Imagine your kids in school being at the receiving end of this. With rounds which expand once within their bodies.

03-03-2013 11:13 AM
    On second thought I'm done, it's bed time.
    03-03-2013 11:20 AM
    Looking into what the company produces might help with perspective. Adding a sliding stock to an AR15 functionally turns it into an automatic weapon at the firing rate of 400-800 rounds per minute. Imagine your kids in school being at the receiving end of this. With rounds which expand once within their bodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Tm1mBhLNT_s
    A sliding stock does nothing but make the weapon shorter.

Don't believe me? Google what their stock of a rifle is (hint: the part that touches your shoulder).
    03-03-2013 02:01 PM
4,617 ... 5960616263 ...