07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    Still tripping over Scalia's pronouncement of the majority ruling in DC V Heller? You asked for it. You got it. Then, you moved the goalposts by never acknowledging the supporting evidence. Rinse & Repeat.
    Didn't move the goal posts at all. Didn't see a link so I skipped over it.
    03-03-2013 02:02 PM
    A sliding stock does nothing but make the weapon shorter.

Don't believe me? Google what their stock of a rifle is (hint: the part that touches your shoulder).
    A sliding stock that includes a friction lock (which does not have to be engaged in order to fire) performs identically as the video above.
    03-03-2013 02:06 PM
    I don't recall ever adhering to the theory that two wrongs make a right. But if you believe someone else being ethically bankrupt makes it ok for you to do so more power to ya.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Two wrongs make a left.
    03-03-2013 02:13 PM
    Banning a certain gun or the amount of rounds it holds will have no effect on murders or mass killings. Banning Meth and Cocaine does not stop thousands a year from overdosing on either. Chicago and DC with their tougher than most gun control has some of the highest gun crime in the nation.

Education and opportunity equals less crime and murder.

Murder whether single, double or mass are done by people, and these people are not thinking rationally and people thinking irrationally and going to commit murder or murders doesn't care what the law is and are going to use whatever tool is available whether it be 10-6 shot revolvers in a bag delivering 60 rounds in 15 to 20 seconds or a single shot flint lock and a propane bomb or the lowly hammer and hatchet. Poisoning the water in a town or driving an SUV through a school playground or football game.

Mass murder is done with so called assault weapons because our media and the movies exaggerate them to mass killing status. Thank god these people aren't using shotguns, Propane bombs, gas bombs and Poisoning our water there would be way more killed by these people.

The best thing you can do is educate oneself on the best defense against these type of irrational people. Irrational people killing other people has been around since Cain an Able and will continue to be around as long as people exist. No matter how civilized you may think you and your peers are there are people out there that can and will kill. You can choose to not have a weapon to protect you and your family or you can it's up to each individual.
    03-03-2013 02:16 PM
    Didn't move the goal posts at all. Didn't see a link so I skipped over it.
    Extraordinarily weak.
    03-03-2013 02:16 PM
    Looking into what the company produces might help with perspective. Adding a sliding stock to an AR15 functionally turns it into an automatic weapon at the firing rate of 400-800 rounds per minute. Imagine your kids in school being at the receiving end of this. With rounds which expand once within their bodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Tm1mBhLNT_s
    BATF approved, it's legal.
    03-03-2013 02:22 PM
    BATF approved, it's legal.
    Current legal status isn't the issue at hand. Is its purchase traceable to preclude criminals/psychopaths-in-training (who have a currently spotless wrap-sheet) from obtaining it?
    03-03-2013 02:26 PM
    Extraordinarily weak.
    Just following your example.
    03-03-2013 02:33 PM
    Current legal status isn't the issue at hand.
    Yes it is. And taking it away by making it illegal is by definition being "stricter".
    03-03-2013 02:34 PM
    Just following your example.
    And getting weaker by the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. And taking it away by making it illegal is by definition being "stricter".
    Care to address the other half of the post?
    03-03-2013 02:39 PM
    Current legal status isn't the issue at hand. Is its purchase traceable to preclude criminals/psychopaths-in-training (who have a currently spotless wrap-sheet) from obtaining it?
    Nope, they'll have a record of the purchase but no pre-check of a criminal record, that's what form 4473 (firearm purchase) is for.
    03-03-2013 03:00 PM
    Nope, they'll have a record of the purchase but no pre-check of a criminal record, that's what form 4473 is for.
    Nothing precludes a legal owner of a sliding stock from privately selling it to anyone they choose, including the mentally unstable/criminals and those who will later become either/both. Got it.
    03-03-2013 03:08 PM
    Nothing precludes a legal owner of a sliding stock from privately selling it to anyone they choose, including the mentally unstable/criminals and those who will later become either/both. Got it.
    It's not a regulated item so anyone can buy it.
    03-03-2013 03:48 PM
    It's not a regulated item so anyone can buy it.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-03-2013 04:01 PM
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Nothing at all
    03-03-2013 04:13 PM
    You can't regulate this stuff based on the misdeeds of the few. There are criminal laws in place for those people.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    03-03-2013 04:15 PM
    You can't regulate this stuff based on the misdeeds of the few. There are criminal laws in place for those people.
    In our civil society, our legal system should not set limits based on experience? We are mandated to be permanently indifferent and blind to unnecessary deaths for the self-gratifying excesses of the few?
    03-03-2013 04:54 PM
    In our civil society, our legal system should not set limits based on experience? We are mandated to be permanently indifferent and blind to unnecessary deaths for the self-gratifying excesses of the few?
    Replace firearm with money as the topic. You still ok with taking away excess?
    03-03-2013 05:52 PM
    Care to address the other half of the post?
    Who determines who those people are? The "psychopaths-in-training".
    03-03-2013 05:54 PM
    How dumb are all of you going to look when lightsabers are invented and you wasted all of your energy quibbling about silly projectile slinging pea shooters? A Jedi craves not these things.
    metz65 and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-03-2013 06:22 PM
    How dumb are all of you going to look when lightsabers are invented and you wasted all of your energy quibbling about silly projectile slinging pea shooters? A Jedi craves not these things.
    But they will have non removable batteries and no sd card slot so nobody will want one.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-03-2013 07:54 PM
    Replace firearm with money as the topic. You still ok with taking away excess?
    As I previously stated ... This dog don't hunt.
    03-03-2013 08:56 PM
    Who determines who those people are? The "psychopaths-in-training".
    You're avoiding the point. And you know it. Without the ability to trace the ownership of these stocks, our society invites abuses which will result in death. Reasonable measures can be taken to mitigate that unnecessary risk.
    03-03-2013 09:16 PM
    But they will have non removable batteries and no sd card slot so nobody will want one.

Recent polls indicate only whiny nerds complain about such trivial nonsense in the best tech available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-03-2013 09:23 PM
    You're avoiding the point. And you know it. Without the ability to trace the ownership of these stocks, our society invites abuses which will result in death. Reasonable measures can be taken to mitigate that unnecessary risk.
    There are plenty of things that can cause damage on a large scale that don't have tracking of any kind.

I'm not avoiding the point. Where do you draw the line? Register knives too?
    03-03-2013 09:24 PM
4,617 ... 6061626364 ...