07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    I proudly stand with these patriots .....
    03-03-2013 09:25 PM
    But why guns? If our government truly wants to protect its people why just guns?

Look at how many other things in our society kill. Tobacco (second hand smoke kills the innocent) alcohol (leads to alcoholism, abuse of and death of the innocent) drug overdoses, people driving vehicles in a reckless and irresponsible way. So why guns? Why are none of these other things banned?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-03-2013 09:25 PM
    There are plenty of things that can cause damage on a large scale that don't have tracking of any kind.

I'm not avoiding the point. Where do you draw the line? Register knives too?
    It is reasonable to start with those weapons which are most capable of doing massive harm. When a simple sliding stock can transform a single-shot semi into a 400+ rpm firearm, only an infantile or 3rd-world society would allow it freely on the market without accountability.
    03-03-2013 09:30 PM
    I proudly stand with these patriots .....
    Retired Military Leaders Demand A Plan - YouTube
    These killings that they are referring to were committed by CRIMINALS, not law abiding citizens. What is it going to take for you to understand the difference. If the current criminal element does not fear the punishment of getting caught then make that punishment tougher until they do and follow through with that punishment.

If you don't want to own a gun, or an ar-15 that's fine it's your choice. However it is not your choice to determine what myself or anyone else can purchase to defend our lives, family, and property with.
    03-03-2013 10:12 PM
    Looking into what the company produces might help with perspective. Adding a sliding stock to an AR15 functionally turns it into an automatic weapon at the firing rate of 400-800 rounds per minute. Imagine your kids in school being at the receiving end of this. With rounds which expand once within their bodies.

SSAR-15 ... 100 rounds of FUN! - YouTube

Everything has the potential to be abused by criminals.
    03-03-2013 10:16 PM
    It is reasonable to start with those weapons which are most capable of doing massive harm. When a simple sliding stock can transform a single-shot semi into a 400+ rpm firearm, only an infantile or 3rd-world society would allow it freely on the market without accountability.
    Tell us how you really feel about where we are as a country.

More HARM is done with things that aren't weapons at all each and every day. Like many others have said, why not make cigarettes illegal? People CHOOSE to do themselves and others harm using that product each and every day.

I already know your answer.... "that isn't what this thread is about" right? Trust me when I say if you answer the question you won't be accused of taking the thread off-topic.
    03-03-2013 10:30 PM
    Yet since 2007 less than 500 gun deaths per year are rifles of all types used.

2007: 453
    2008: 380
    2009: 351
    2010: 367
    2011: 323

Total deaths caused by rifles 2007-2011 is 1874

Now let's look at the same years for blunt objects.

2007: 647
    2008: 603
    2009: 623
    2010: 549
    2011: 496

Total deaths caused by blunt object 2007-2001 is 2918

The differences for each year are as follows

2007: 194
    2008: 223
    2009: 272
    2010: 182
    2011: 173

Total differences 2007-2011 is 1044 more deaths by blunt objects than by rifles.

I'll let you draw your own conclusion from these factual FBI numbers.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 8
    03-03-2013 10:58 PM
    Yet less than 500 gun deaths a year are caused by these weapons. I believe the actual number was less than 450 caused by all types of rifles combined....
    Approximately 1 in 200 deaths in the US involved firearms in 2012. Approximately 1 in 200 of those involved rifles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-03-2013 11:04 PM
    Approximately 1 in 200 deaths in the US involved firearms in 2012. Approximately 1 in 200 of those involved rifles.

Personally I think the first 1 in 200 is too high, but the second 200 contains 99.5% of things more relevant than "assault weapons".

03-03-2013 11:09 PM
    It is reasonable to start with those weapons which are most capable of doing massive harm.

All of these things are not only capable of causing more deaths than rifles, but have proven to do so
    Abortion
    Tobacco
    Cars
    Doctors
    Blunt objects
    Knives or cutting instruments
    Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet) the chart states pushing is included in the count as a personal weapon.

It is how something is used that makes it weapon....
    03-03-2013 11:31 PM
    But they will have non removable batteries and no sd card slot so nobody will want one.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    I will not buy a lightsaber from Apple.
    Aquila, msndrstood and rexxman like this.
    03-03-2013 11:45 PM
    This gun retailer is moving from CA, to TX. Estimated cost to the business is in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Gun retailer moving from California to Texas
    03-04-2013 12:22 AM
    Tell us how you really feel about where we are as a country.

More HARM is done with things that aren't weapons at all each and every day. Like many others have said, why not make cigarettes illegal? People CHOOSE to do themselves and others harm using that product each and every day.

I already know your answer.... "that isn't what this thread is about" right? Trust me when I say if you answer the question you won't be accused of taking the thread off-topic.
    This underscores and serves as a perfect microcosm example of what is wrong with political dialogue and discourse in this country. Take a course in civics.
    03-04-2013 05:57 AM
    But why guns? If our government truly wants to protect its people why just guns?

Look at how many other things in our society kill. Tobacco (second hand smoke kills the innocent) alcohol (leads to alcoholism, abuse of and death of the innocent) drug overdoses, people driving vehicles in a reckless and irresponsible way. So why guns? Why are none of these other things banned?

And we need to ban pit bulls, fighting roosters, and now it seems sinkholes as well.

Knives, guns, hammers, boxers, karate experts, semi trucks, rednecks, gangsters, poisons.

Ban it all, keep us safe.

Come on get real! You can't ban this stuff just because it harms on occasion.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-04-2013 06:02 AM
    These killings that they are referring to were committed by CRIMINALS, not law abiding citizens..
    In the mass shootings of the recent past, how many of those killers had prior convictions which precluded them from legally owning a firearm? Answer the question.

The answer is ... You don't know (or care) until you try to find a rightwing blog that has addressed it. Rendering your statement null and void.
    03-04-2013 06:03 AM
    This underscores and serves as a perfect microcosm example of what is wrong with political dialogue and discourse in this country. Take a course in civics.
    You're the one that needs the course, talk about calling the kettle black........
    03-04-2013 06:08 AM
    And we need to ban pit bulls, fighting roosters, and now it seems sinkholes as well.

Knives, guns, hammers, boxers, karate experts, semi trucks, rednecks, gangsters, poisons.

Ban it all, keep us safe.

Come on get real! You can't ban this stuff just because it harms on occasion.
    On occasion? Tobacco and alcohol cause death on occasion? Tobacco and alcohol cause many more deaths on a yearly basis than your dreaded guns.

The person who needs to get real is the one who brings up nonsensical things like those above to redirect the hate back to guns.

03-04-2013 06:23 AM
    Its interesting to note that the only thing being banned is protected under our bill of rights, that are only enumerated in the Constitution.
    Our rights come from the creator not the government or the people.
    The difference being that this inherent right has the force of power against tyranny.
    Therefore any government by definition can and will in time become tyrannical and will resist that right..
    The founders were aware of this and provided the distinction and also enumerated the right as being so
    important that they made it number two after free speech. Those that support tyranny will of course attack
    this right for the primary reason that they wish to control the people. Elitists also support tyranny because
    they feel the people are too stupid to make decisions for themselves. The Second Amendment is the bulwark against
    tyrannical government. All of the supporting documents that helped create our Republic discuss these concepts.
    The media just yesterday discovered these facts as though they were made up by gun supporters. Makes me wonder if the
    cheating scandals at the public schools in Atlanta and such illustrious institutions as Harvard etc. haven't been going on for
    decades, it would explain the incredible ignorance of such facts and history and the twisting of both.
    metz65, Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-04-2013 06:30 AM
    Brat... I find it amazing you mention tyranny and yet appear to have disdain for the free press and view people with a higher education with contempt.

Here's a tip.... you don't have to have a formal education to be an elitist. Just someone else's dogma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-04-2013 07:09 AM
    You're the one that needs the course, talk about calling the kettle black........
    More non-productive non-speak.
    03-04-2013 07:11 AM
    On occasion? Tobacco and alcohol cause death on occasion? Tobacco and alcohol cause many more deaths on a yearly basis than your dreaded guns.

The person who needs to get real is the one who brings up nonsensical things like those above to redirect the hate back to guns.

I didn't mention tobacco and alcohol, perhaps you should reread my post.

I was addressing Carolinadroid and his craziness.
    03-04-2013 07:22 AM
    More non-productive non-speak.
    More redirection
    03-04-2013 07:22 AM

Please note the lack of hammers, coathangers, or golf clubs being employed by mass killers. What has been consistently employed to produce mass murder are military-styled semi-automatic weapons. Lives saved matter. Please stop urinating on the graves of those who have been cut down with the same toys with which you play.

Deal with it without obfuscation. For once.
    03-04-2013 07:23 AM
    http://mjcdn.motherjones.com/preset_...s_630_0228.png

Please note the lack of hammers, coathangers, or golf clubs being employed by mass killers. What has been consistently employed to produce mass murder are military-styled semi-automatic weapons. Lives saved matter. Please stop urinating on the graves of those who have been cut down with the same toys with which you play.

Deal with it without obfuscation. For once.
    That chart appears to show over 2:1 hand guns: long guns. Like I said earlier: Of all those b who died in 2012, chances of dying to a firearm = 1/200, chance of that weapon being a rifle = 1/4000. (Approximate). Approximately 2.5 of 330 million people died.

03-04-2013 07:31 AM
    That chart appears to show over 2:1 hand guns: long guns. Like I said earlier: Of all those b who died in 2012, chances of dying to a firearm = 1/200, chance of that weapon being a rifle = 1/4000. (Approximate). Approximately 2.5 of 330 million people died.
    Not the point. And you know it. The point is to mitigate lost lives when mass killings are attempted. Period.
    03-04-2013 07:34 AM
4,617 ... 6162636465 ...