07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    I didn't mention tobacco and alcohol, perhaps you should reread my post.

I was addressing Carolinadroid and his craziness.
    My bad. Due to the fact that you quoted my post I thought you were referring to it.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:43 AM
    Not the point. And you know it. The point is to mitigate lost lives when mass killings are attempted. Period.
    Then please tell me what weapons have been used to perpetrate the worst mass killings in US History and if said weapons are still available for purchase by the public.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    03-04-2013 07:46 AM
    Not the point. And you know it. The point is to mitigate lost lives when mass killings are attempted. Period.
    I agree with the goal; just not with the focus on .5% of the weapons used in firearm deaths. Handguns are every bit as dangerous as rifles in close quarters, much more easily concealed and much more widely used in crimes. Isn't it weird that everyone is focused on one of the least used types of gun, seemingly because they look scary to the ignorant public?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:46 AM
    First off excuse me if I repeat what you already been sad I've read a lot of this forum but not all of it . Now from a Marines perspective I went out of this country to fight and 2 wars and used how many weapons including an m16 a2 as well as an m16 a4 I fully believe in our constitutional right to bear arms and I have shot many AR15s. Well they may look similar they are different it is our right to own whatever type of rifle you want I have friends that use the AR 10 to go bear hunting I have friends that use there ar15 just for fun and sporting events at the range out of the 20 or so people that I know that use these types of firearms would not hurt a fly. To take away this type of rifle from somebody would be similar to taking away hey Harley Davidson from a motorcycle enthusiast it is our right to own whatever type of rifle you would like as long as its mad a military service rifle pardons my punctuation As I am using The Voice app to type this out when the Constitution was written there was no difference between with the civilian population had and what the military was using for rifles I don't believe the average citizen should have access to a military rifle but 1 that's cosmetic an appearance we should be fully capable of owning

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila, Markster1 and Live2ride883 like this.
    03-04-2013 07:47 AM
    Then please tell me what weapons have been used to perpetrate the worst mass killings in US History and if said weapons are still available for purchase by the public.
    Demonstrate that they have been employed with similar frequency as military-style semi-automatic weapons and I'll give your post the credence you think it deserves. Until then, not so much.
    03-04-2013 07:48 AM
    I agree with the goal; just not with the focus on .5% of the weapons used in firearm deaths.
    Mass killings are an enigma of their own in this country. And it is the subject being addressed. Use mass killings figures to determine likelihood of use and I'll entertain your premise.
    03-04-2013 07:51 AM
    Mass killings are an enigma of their own in this country. And it is the subject being addressed. Use mass killings figures to determine likelihood of use and I'll entertain your premise.
    OK, make a law that only impacts mass killers.

Markster1 likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:52 AM
    First off excuse me if I repeat what you already been sad I've read a lot of this forum but not all of it . Now from a Marines perspective I went out of this country to fight and 2 wars and used how many weapons including an m16 a2 as well as an m16 a4 I fully believe in our constitutional right to bear arms and I have shot many AR15s. Well they may look similar they are different it is our right to own whatever type of rifle you want I have friends that use the AR 10 to go bear hunting I have friends that use there ar15 just for fun and sporting events at the range out of the 20 or so people that I know that use these types of firearms would not hurt a fly. To take away this type of rifle from somebody would be similar to taking away hey Harley Davidson from a motorcycle enthusiast it is our right to own whatever type of rifle you would like as long as its mad a military service rifle pardons my punctuation As I am using The Voice app to type this out when the Constitution was written there was no difference between with the civilian population had and what the military was using for rifles I don't believe the average citizen should have access to a military rifle but 1 that's cosmetic an appearance we should be fully capable of owning
    Regulars had no different weaponry than local militia? You're saying that with a straight face?
    03-04-2013 07:54 AM
    Even your chart had 2:1 hand guns to the ones affected by the proposed bans.

03-04-2013 07:54 AM
    OK, make a law that only impacts mass killers.
    We're working on it.
    03-04-2013 07:55 AM
    Why are you just concerned over the mass killings?
    Aquila likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:57 AM
    My bad. Due to the fact that you quoted my post I thought you were referring to it.

My bad also, I should have clarified I was addressing cd.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:58 AM
    Why are you just concerned over the mass killings?
    Agree, I'd like to reduce the 10,000 gun deaths, which won't happen in any meaningful way by focusing on 1% of them.

03-04-2013 07:59 AM
    Agree, I'd like to reduce the 10,000 gun deaths, which won't happen in any meaningful way by focusing on 1% of them.
    And as usual, there are zero proposals coming from the other side of the aisle which have a likelihood of reducing mass killings.
    03-04-2013 08:02 AM
    Even your chart had 2:1 hand guns to the ones affected by the proposed bans.
    What don't you understand about the term mitigate? Risk and likelihood seem to be equally absent in the consideration from your side of the aisle, specific to mass killings.
    03-04-2013 08:03 AM
    And as usual, there are zero proposals coming from the other side of the aisle which have a likelihood of reducing mass killings.
    Might be because just like your side, they feel like they're being attacked on emotional grounds. This often happens when we're talking about the wrong issues.

03-04-2013 08:04 AM
    Might be because just like your side, they feel like they're being attacked on emotional grounds. This often happens when we're talking about the wrong issues.
    A claim fully unsubstantiated and unsupported.
    03-04-2013 08:05 AM
    What don't you understand about the term mitigate? Risk and likelihood seem to be equally absent in the consideration from your side of the aisle, specific to mass killings.
    Which side is mine? I am only asking why we're focused on the wrong issues. You'd rather save 10% of 1% than work on the larger issues?

03-04-2013 08:05 AM
    Which side is mine?
    The one you have consistently shown sympathy toward. Not rocket-surgery, ya know?

I am only asking why we're focused on the wrong issues. You'd rather save 10% of 1% than work on the larger issues?
    Obfuscation on your part. I'd rather reduce mass killings' body counts by 20%.
    03-04-2013 08:08 AM
    At this point I'm not questioning the motivations of either "side"; its pretty clear that both sides are operating out of mutual fear of the extremists on the opposing "side". Rationality and focus on root cause are severely needed.

03-04-2013 08:10 AM
    At this point I'm not questioning the motivations of either "side"; its pretty clear that both sides are operating out of mutual fear of the extremists on the opposing "side". Rationality and focus on root cause are severely needed.
    More obfuscation. How many lifetimes will you live before getting it right? This is not an academic exercise.
    03-04-2013 08:13 AM
    The one you have consistently shown sympathy toward. Not rocket-surgery, ya know?

Which side do I consistently show support to? I'd like to think that my posts make it pretty clear that both Republicans and Democrats deserve nothing but contempt from us and that the entirety of most of the conversation on this issue is based on misinformation, not critical analysis.

Markster1 likes this.
    03-04-2013 08:15 AM

OK, 20% of 1%. What about the other 10,000 victims? Many of them are children too.

03-04-2013 08:17 AM
    Which side do I consistently show support to? I'd like to think that my posts make it pretty clear that both Republicans and Democrats deserve nothing but contempt from us and that the entirety of most of the conversation on this issue is based on misinformation, not critical analysis.
    You're not adequately addressing the 20+% reduction in the use of semi-automatic firearms in mass killings ... And you want to deflect the subject to an obvious distraction? Go fish. Do better.
    03-04-2013 08:17 AM
    OK, 20% of 1%. What about the other 10,000 victims? Many of them are children too.
    You should sharpen your inadequate arithmetic skills.

03-04-2013 08:19 AM
4,617 ... 6263646566 ...