07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    Not sure if you tried some underlining or whatnot, but also, this:

Barack Obama 'has authority to use drone strikes to kill Americans on US soil' - Telegraph

Enemy combatant classification and the like will change the analysis. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of that stuff, but no one does .
    Classification is key. It determines everything. Kinda sad that it's come to that.

War evolves. War today isn't what it used to be. Maybe the definition of war needs to be changed. I'm not for drone strikes on US citizens on US soil. I'm not sure where I stand as far as if a US citizen is engaging in terrorist activities, though. If they aren't a citizen we just go after them. Does engaging in a terrorist act mean you've forfeited your rights?

As for drone strikes as a whole and removing the human element, I read an article about a study that was done saying those pilots experience the same psychological stresses as "regular" pilots. I'll try to find a link. As for accuracy, they are just as accurate as our standard means of bombing the enemy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 02:24 PM
    Many are saying the F35 will be the last piloted fighter the US will produce. Lets hope a company named Skynet doesn't produce the next one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-07-2013 03:58 PM
    Here are the two conditions that should have been common sense to the DOD, DOJ, WH and CIA for the use of any military force, including drones, anywhere in the world:
    1. No US Citizens. No action on US Soil. We already have violated this one.
    2. Declare War first. We have already violated this one.

If we're not at war, we have no business using the military. The military is prohibited from action on US Soil against US Citizens. If we are at war, then using force to fight that war is obviously something we've agreed upon as a society as necessary.. but we're not. Those two points mean that drones should never have been used thus far; and the second we killed two american citizens with two different strikes, one a minor.. the outcry should have been then.

The idea that government officials and the white house are describing circumstances where not only is the unilateral assassination of a US citizen on foreign soil okay, but doing it here, where we obviously have full capacity to use our system of laws, and they're planning on bypassing the laws? I'm not sure how that can be described as following the laws, protecting the Constitution or protecting the American people.
    03-07-2013 04:04 PM
    "It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?' The answer to that question is no."
    Emphasis added. Rand Paul is apparently "happy" with the administration's response:

Edit: also, from the bottom of the CNN article:

But he also said the government has no intention of carrying out drone strikes inside the United States. Echoing what he said in a separate letter to Paul sent earlier this week, he called the possibility of domestic drone strikes "entirely hypothetical."
    dmmarck and Aquila like this.
    03-07-2013 05:39 PM
    Emphasis added. Rand Paul is apparently "happy" with the administration's response:

Edit: also, from the bottom of the CNN article:
    Exactly the right answer today. I wonder did they misunderstand what they were being asked over the past few months?
    03-07-2013 05:47 PM
    He could of done this before just now there is a law enforcing it.
    03-07-2013 05:56 PM
    So two things about Rand Paul's filibuster:

1. He did it right; actually standing there and talking for hour after hour, instead of this silly practice of just threatening a filibuster and moving on.
    2. I only watched the first hour, so things may have gone south after that, but from what I saw, he was dead on accurate. This isn't a partisan issue; conservatives and liberals alike should be 100% on board with life and liberty being greater than government power. The appeal for reason goes both ways, to both sides of "the aisle".

That being said, still strongly disagree with many of Rand Paul's positions and I had a lot more respect for his father than I do for him so far. Regardless of his motivations, whether it be for political positioning, whatever... he still did exactly the right thing to bring this to a much wider audience and it was effective, because today the white house responded to clarify their position, it being more in line with the Constitution than it was yesterday.

So the mainstream news today? Do they praise a senator for following the process or standing up for what he believes is best for the People? Did they discuss the issues at hand, and the legality and morality of drone attacks, describing the practices to the public? Heck No! They spent all of their on air time about this making fun of him. Nice work 'Murica.
    03-07-2013 06:20 PM
    I admit that my last remark concerning the gun control video you posted was somewhat off the cuff as they say. This video hits everything I was trying to communicate in the OP, and I thank you for sharing it.
    Follow up to yesterday's video:

03-08-2013 04:15 AM
    Many Senators from both sides went down to the floor to show bipartisan support for the "anti drone" stance. Some democratic Senators even said they were still going to vote to confirm, button wanted to express their support for not having drone strikes in the US.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-08-2013 07:38 AM
    Just wondering if anyone have heard about the possibility of martial law in the United States later this year. Some people are speculating that the US government already has information that China is going to back out of support for the US financial situation calling master financial issues which will in turn cause government assistance programs to fail . If this happens you can imagine what people will be willing to do just to eat. Thereby giving the president reason enough to declare martial law. Just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what everybody thought???
    Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-08-2013 08:41 AM
    Just wondering if anyone have heard about the possibility of martial law in the United States later this year. Some people are speculating that the US government already has information that China is going to back out of support for the US financial situation calling master financial issues which will in turn cause government assistance programs to fail . If this happens you can imagine what people will be willing to do just to eat. Thereby giving the president reason enough to declare martial law. Just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what everybody thought???

I hadn't heard this specific reason for declaring martial law until you posted it. Do you have a link for it?

With all the reports of the federal government buying up all the ammo they can get (1.6 billion rounds to date by some reports) along with 7000 personal defense weapons (fully automatic versions of the ar-15). Add those to the Dept. of Homeland Security's recent purchase of 2700 light-armored tanks. Now with all of the executive orders the president has signed giving that office the ability to control everything from food and water supplies, to transportation and the power grid. For good measure throw in the sudden effort to ban the ar-15, which would be one of the most effective weapons of a civilian resistance, which includes the reduction in rounds our magazines can hold.

I would not be surprised if martial law or some other type of power grab isn't in the works right now.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit
    03-08-2013 09:08 AM
    These types of baseless fear rumors only helps people like Alex Jones sell his doomsday prepper equipment from his website.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-08-2013 09:14 AM
    These types of baseless fear rumors only helps people like Alex Jones sell his doomsday prepper equipment from his website.
    So how about telling us why the federal government (not the military) needs 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, 2700 light armored-tanks, 7000 personal defense weapons?

Part of the reason for this and other theories about these purchases is because of the silence from the government about them.
    03-08-2013 09:24 AM
    So how about telling us why the federal government (not the military) needs 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, 2700 light armored-tanks, 7000 personal defense weapons?

Part of the reason for this and other theories about these purchases is because of the silence from the government about them.
    Yeah, why does the government, not the military, need that?
    03-08-2013 09:39 AM
    When I was in the military, I was shooting ammunition from the 1940's. What year was the ammunition you used in the Military from? When has the U.S. not stockpiled ammunition?

Let me take it a step further, I saw a YouTube video the other day that was calling Obama the Antichrist. I find it scary to think that people who believe videos like this, own a gun. To me it shows a degree of paranoia, which is a mental health issue and people with mental health issues shouldn't own a gun.

Addendum: Off Topic - Live2Ride, A soldier from Fort Benning over at WPC started a Military thread to post a few Military pictures. I added a few of mine. I think you'll enjoy it and please feel free to add pictures:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...novembers.html
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    03-08-2013 09:39 AM
    When I was in the military, I was shooting ammunition from the 1940's. What year was the ammunition you used in the Military from? When has the U.S. not stockpiled ammunition?

Let me take it a step further, I saw a YouTube video the other day that was calling Obama the Antichrist. I find it scary to think that people who believe videos like this, own a gun. To me it shows a degree of paranoia, which is a mental health issue and people with mental health issues shouldn't own a gun.

Addendum: Off Topic - Live2Ride, A soldier from Fort Benning over at WPC started a Military thread to post a few Military pictures. I added a few of mine. I think you'll enjoy it and please feel free to add pictures:
    The atf, homeland security and especially the TSA purchasing massive amounts of ammo. This isn't the military. These are domestic agencies. That is not normal.
    What this government is doing is enough to bring about concern. Just because someone worries about what their government is doing doesn't make them paranoid. People in this country have too much of a "it can't happen in America" attitude. Complacentcy can lead to just as much bad as advocacy can.

met.watts likes this.
    03-08-2013 10:17 AM
    The atf, homeland security and especially the TSA purchasing massive amounts of ammo. This isn't the military. These are domestic agencies. That is not normal.
    What this government is doing is enough to bring about concern. Just because someone worries about what their government is doing doesn't make them paranoid. People in this country have too much of a "it can't happen in America" attitude. Complacentcy can lead to just as much bad as advocacy can.

I agree complacency can be bad, but I don't see complacency happening if martial law is declared, or if the "man" starts taking out U.S. citizens here, that have been labeled terrorist with drones. We have a democratic process in the U.S.. They would be impeached in a heartbeat and thrown out of office. Just my view on it.
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    03-08-2013 10:27 AM
    I agree complacency can be bad, but I don't see complacency happening if martial law is declared, or if the "man" starts taking out U.S. citizens here, that have been labeled terrorist with drones. We have a democratic process in the U.S.. They would be impeached in a heartbeat and thrown out of office. Just my view on it.
    The democratic process is being sidestepped way too much. Obama recently signed an executive order mandating that congress can't even review a martial law declaration for 6 months. Practically making the president the only power in the land for those 6 months.

03-08-2013 10:40 AM
    The democratic process is being sidestepped way too much. Obama recently signed an executive order mandating that congress can't even review a martial law declaration for 6 months. Practically making the president the only power in the land for those 6 months.

You might want to run that allegation through: FactCheck.org | A Project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center or any of the other urban myth/Internet rumor sites. Just saying.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-08-2013 01:16 PM
    I guess ultimately the question to be asked here, which evidently has been to some extent, is whether or not the American citizenry actually cares about this issue. If citizens of this country don't, in fact, actually care at all about this entire situation, then I guess we are going to get what we deserve. May it then be even harsher.
    03-08-2013 07:21 PM
    I found this earlier today and thought I would share it here. The letter does raise some valid points.

Californians Opposing Gun Restrictions Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein | Survival
    03-08-2013 08:22 PM
    NIT,

CNN, on their website, had an opinion piece, by a liberal, praising the Rand Paul stance.

I didn't see anything derisive about this on CNN.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    03-08-2013 09:09 PM
    Links for which agency is purchasing what ammunition would be helpful for this discussion. I'm curious myself. But honestly, a little lazy to do the searching (does sound a bit like conspiracy theory to me).
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    03-08-2013 10:44 PM
    Links for which agency is purchasing what ammunition would be helpful for this discussion. I'm curious myself. But honestly, a little lazy to do the searching (does sound a bit like conspiracy theory to me).
    I'm sure it's there.
    03-09-2013 12:43 AM

Believing in the Anti-Christ at all is a mental illness. Agree, no more guns to the mentally ill.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-09-2013 01:36 AM
4,617 ... 6768697071 ...