07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    The most interesting thing about the theory of imminent threat, is that I've read dozens of books spanning from 1947 to 2013 that describe the imminent martial law, fascist dictatorship, etc. in the US either by our government or the UN (more common recently), and they always think it's about to happen tomorrow and always have circumstantial evidence to back it up.

Here's what we need to remember:

1. The politicians work for the banks. The banks already have what they want, 100% control over a debt based society. We elect who they want because they choose who we can choose between.
    2. Slavery works best when the slaves think they're free. If they get violent, we get violent.
    3. We can't occupy Iraq with our military. We couldn't occupy New York City with our military and it's an island. We've learned this over and over in wars... when we go with an objective to take out, we kick butt. When we try to occupy, we suck. The occupation is already here, and it's control through distraction via entertainment, drama and finances. They don't need boots on the ground for this to be effective.
    4. President Obama has no power. I'm not sure why people are afraid of him; he can't do anything without help from agencies or the other branches of government. If he actually pulled rank and ordered martial law, my money would be on him not being president within 72 hours.
    5. Reiteration of the point that they gain nothing from using force when we give them what they want voluntarily.

When I say Nothing is True, the context I most often use it in is "Nothing is True just because someone wrote it down or said it". It's encouragement to use one's own faculty for reason and to weigh individual facts in the context of the larger picture. There is also a quantum reality explanation, but this is the most common.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-09-2013 01:50 AM
    The other possibility is that there may be orders to reduce the supply of civilian ammunition without an ulterior motive. This could be the most effective constitutional way they could dream up of how to enforce bullet control, rather than gun control.

That wouldn't necessitate a plan for them to fire them back at civilians; but reducing the supply in the face of currently high demand because of concern about looming gun control measures could easily have the effect of raising prices on bullets, thus reducing their availability to low income citizens, who they may believe to be more likely to commit crimes with them. Higher prices may lower future My area hasn't been hit with any ammunition shortages, so I can't speak to who is purchasing ammo and why. Sporting goods stores here are full.
    03-09-2013 02:10 AM
    Yeah, why does the government, not the military, need that?
    Every time I see your name I think "Italian Stalin" ... sorry, shutting up now!
    jdbii likes this.
    03-09-2013 02:57 AM
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Again.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    03-09-2013 06:17 AM
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2688402.html

There are links all over. Many different sources. It's not just Alex jones and glen beck. Several news agencies, even CNN had a story on it. I will try to find more links. As far as Obama not having power, under martial law he would. And the martial law action isn't reviewable by congress for six months. Doesn't need congresses approval. No habeas corpus, can you even try to impeach a sitting president under martial law?

my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-09-2013 08:52 AM
    Every time I see your name I think "Italian Stalin" ... sorry, shutting up now!
    lol it's all good. Besides, you're the only one who caught it!

I misread it...I thought you said Stallion, not Stalin. Sorry!
    03-09-2013 10:07 AM
    A pilot in a fighter/bomber would have a better chance of identifying that the targeted individuals are actually on sight than someone watching a video screen. Also is the drone targeting system as accurate as the one used in our fighters?
    Don't even get me started on the whole UAV issue.

I somewhat agree with the position that this is in the media for political reasons,
    Isn't that why everything is in the news now?

New Poll Finds 57 Percent of Americans Think Obama's Assassination Program Is Unconstitutional
    Just 57%?!?!

I'm surprised that number isn't much higher. I would have expected 90%+.
    Me too!
    Imnutsnj and Aquila like this.
    03-09-2013 11:32 AM
    lol it's all good. Besides, you're the only one who caught it!
    He's just the only one that said something. ;-)
    03-09-2013 11:38 AM
    Don't even get me started on the whole UAV issue.

Isn't that why everything is in the news now?

Just 57%?!?!

Me too!
    That's all the so called "news" is today, it's for nothing more than political jockeying. How often do you actually see news on CNN, FOX or MSNBC? Or something other than politics?

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA
    03-09-2013 11:42 AM
    All this silly paranoia has been addressed on calguns.net.
    The government has always done this.
    Sorry people but the big bad boogey man isnt coming, yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-09-2013 11:44 AM
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...round-ammo-buy

These are not normal buying prices... Especially considering you're talking about domestic agencies. I could understand if it was military ordered. But it's not
    from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-09-2013 12:19 PM
    Does FOX News or MSNBC show news anymore? NO!!!
    And CNN is news, right?
    03-09-2013 12:47 PM
    And CNN is news, right?
    See my post above. None of the cable news networks provide news, they're all just political platforms, nothing more

Aquila likes this.
    03-09-2013 12:51 PM
    See my post above. None of the cable news networks provide news, they're all just political platforms, nothing more

My apologies...I didn't see that.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-09-2013 02:46 PM
    My apologies...I didn't see that.
    NP, I must have forgotten CNN in my earlier post.

Aquila likes this.
    03-09-2013 03:07 PM
    NP, I must have forgotten CNN in my earlier post.

It's good. It's hard to see everything on the mobile site.
    03-09-2013 05:27 PM
    As I had mentioned in an earlier post, check out Free Speech TV (FSTV) or Link TV (LINK), neither of them play to either of the political parties. I get both of those channels on DirectTV, I'm not sure if any of the cable companies carry them, especially Comcast, they just bought NBC, our favorite left leaning channel(sarcasm intended).

03-09-2013 06:08 PM
    He's just the only one that said something. ;-)
    Haha, you're probably right!
    03-09-2013 06:55 PM
    As I had mentioned in an earlier post, check out Free Speech TV (FSTV) or Link TV (LINK), neither of them play to either of the political parties. I get both of those channels on DirectTV, I'm not sure if any of the cable companies carry them, especially Comcast, they just bought NBC, our favorite left leaning channel(sarcasm intended).

I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the tip!
    03-09-2013 06:57 PM
    Story about government 1.6 Billion round ammo buy

These are not normal buying prices... Especially considering you're talking about domestic agencies. I could understand if it was military ordered. But it's not
    from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    From the source article within that forum post...

Homeland Security and its cache of bullets - Yahoo! News

These all seem to be rounds used for range qualification and training exercises.
    03-09-2013 06:58 PM
    From the source article within that forum post...

Homeland Security and its cache of bullets - Yahoo! News

These all seem to be rounds used for range qualification and training exercises.
    During my last 6 months of Military duty, I got stuck in the front gate guard shack on the 11pm to 7am shift. The Gunners Mate would take people to the range almost everyday, so I always tagged along because I had nothing better to do at 7am. I probably went through a 100 rounds a day. Take that times 4 to 5 days a week, times 6 months. That's a lot of ammo.
    03-10-2013 10:47 AM
    During my last 6 months of Military duty, I got stuck in the front gate guard shack on the 11pm to 7am shift. The Gunners Mate would take people to the range almost everyday, so I always tagged along because I had nothing better to do at 7am. I probably went through a 100 rounds a day. Take that times 4 to 5 days a week, times 6 months. That's a lot of ammo.
    Agreed but that's military. These are domestic agencies.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-10-2013 01:20 PM
    Agreed but that's military. These are domestic agencies.

So they can't have similar situations come up?
    palandri likes this.
    03-10-2013 01:37 PM
    So they can't have similar situations come up?
    Military needs are understandable. It's not normal for domestic agencies to use ammo at the same rate the military does? Doesn't seem normal to me, unless your expecting something.

03-10-2013 01:58 PM
    I think the drone program to be used on American soil against American citizens is wrong. I don't want the government to operate
    without due process, period. I don't want the government to fail to ask permission for the exercise of such force and then seek forgiveness
    later. I don't want a Star Chamber scenario to present itself because I don't think we can trust human frailties when exercising such power.
    What the government says today will be different than how they act later.
    metz65 likes this.
    03-10-2013 03:27 PM
4,617 ... 6869707172 ...