07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    I'm on my phone now and am noticing that #121-#123 of this thread are now showing up as blank. The weird thing is that I didn't notice any blank posts while on my pc. I'm not sure what happened to the posts you spoke of earlier, they were definitely on topic but also definitely worthy of deletion.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    04-22-2013 09:13 PM
    I'm on my phone now and am noticing that #121-#123 of this thread are now showing up as blank. The weird thing is that I didn't notice any blank posts while on my pc. I'm not sure what happened to the posts you spoke of earlier, they were definitely on topic but also definitely worthy of deletion.

I have never used AC on my PC /D'oh

Here's to hoping the new ac app is an improvement!

04-22-2013 09:27 PM

It appears to be like a double post, if I go back a page I can read #121123, but on the current page it shows them as blank.

04-22-2013 09:29 PM
    Can this pic be explained?? The article didn't even try to debunk this... Clearly it's the same girl, in the same clothes even..

we're the coroner clearly says the rifle wasn't used and was in the car.... Yet the article from Huff, says it didn't even know where that "theory" came from...

They also never explained how the dead principal was quoted in the paper later on..

So many holes in this...
    CLEARLY Jennifer has completely debunked conspiracy theory #1
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    04-23-2013 12:48 AM

There is nothing legal about this. Probable cause and/or a warrant that specifically defines what you are looking for, and where and why. If they "have" to search 25 houses, that's 25 warrants, each one of which invalidates the other 24. If they knocked and said, "can we come in" and the property owners agreed, no issues. But if they agreed, why are the owners being shuffled out at gunpoint? I do understand how people can feel it's justifiable... but if that's the case, we need to be extremely, explicitly clear about where the line is and what happens if we're in danger of that line being crossed. The line just moved.
    Just out of curiosity, what could they have done if I told them that they can't search my house?
    04-23-2013 07:53 AM
    Of course, the U.S. Government has lifted the ban on women serving in combat roles. At that rate, personally I think women should be subject to the draft just the same as men. There's no need for women to hide behind their skirts and be exempted from serving their country based on their gender...
    Precisely! I find it sexist and discriminatory that women aren't subject to the draft. Don't they want to be treated as equals?
    04-23-2013 07:58 AM
    I heard they were "asked" to stay home, not "required". That's a huge difference (if it's true), and renders the precedent angle moot.
    So what would the cops have done if I didn't stay home? I don't live in Boston, yet I'm curious.
    04-23-2013 08:09 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what could they have done if I told them that they can't search my house?
    They probably would have had a search warrant issued on any premises that the residents refused a search.

So what would the cops have done if I didn't stay home? I don't live in Boston, yet I'm curious.
    I doubt they'd have shepherded you home at gun point. There were camera men and reporters out an about even after being warned by police that it was not safe. The main function of the blanket lock down was locking down businesses.

04-23-2013 11:51 AM
    I have no idea. Some people have very important jobs to goto, i don't know.
    04-23-2013 12:36 PM
    Can this pic be explained?? The article didn't even try to debunk this... Clearly it's the same girl, in the same clothes even..

we're the coroner clearly says the rifle wasn't used and was in the car.... Yet the article from Huff, says it didn't even know where that "theory" came from...

They also never explained how the dead principal was quoted in the paper later on..

So many holes in this...
    The coroner stated that the primary weapon was a rifle with a high capacity mag, and secondary weapon were handguns. The weapon that was relieved from the car was a shot gun. This can be seen from footage shot from a helicopter as they were searching the car.

04-23-2013 12:44 PM

So many holes in this...
    You obviously didn't read the article I posted, in which the coroner stated that every victim he inspected was shot close range with a rifle.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wLrxS...%3DwLrxSgkqJQc

The weapon being removed from the trunk is clearly a shotgun.

04-23-2013 12:48 PM
    And for good measure, on the subject of the dead principle, the bee retracted the article with a letter of apology. The lady whom they interviewed after the massacre was not the principle.

Aquila likes this.
    04-23-2013 12:58 PM
    They probably would have had a search warrant issued on any premises that the residents refused a search.

I doubt they'd have shepherded you home at gun point. There were camera men and reporters out an about even after being warned by police that it was not safe. The main function of the blanket lock down was locking down businesses.

Refused entry is not probable cause, but they may insist, in which case you get out of the way and follow up later. But you still don't agree or provide consent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-23-2013 03:07 PM
    And for good measure, on the subject of the dead principle, the bee retracted the article with a letter of apology. The lady whom they interviewed after the massacre was not the principle.

If you keep debunking everything there will be nothing left to talk about in this thread.

04-23-2013 06:58 PM
    lol lol, good one

sorry, Jennifer
    04-23-2013 07:01 PM
    If you keep debunking everything there will be nothing left to talk about in this thread.

Lol, its just what i do!

04-23-2013 09:11 PM
    lol lol, good one

sorry, Jennifer
    ;-) conspiracy theories are cool when they can't be debunked, but when they can, its important to know the truth.

msndrstood likes this.
    04-23-2013 09:11 PM
    We need a JFK thread!
    04-23-2013 10:11 PM
    ;-) conspiracy theories are cool when they can't be debunked, but when they can, its important to know the truth.

Agree 100%
    04-23-2013 11:06 PM
    I have no idea. Some people have very important jobs to goto, i don't know.
    Right, I mean not everyone who lives in Boston works in Boston.
    04-24-2013 06:51 AM
    Right, I mean not everyone who lives in Boston works in Boston.
    Not only that; but what about people like hospital staff, EMS, firefighters, telecommunications workers and beekeepers?
    04-24-2013 08:12 AM
    Not only that; but what about people like hospital staff, EMS, firefighters, telecommunications workers and beekeepers?
    Ahh, beekeepers. Keeping people safe from bees since _____.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    Aquila and Jennifer Stough like this.
    04-24-2013 06:18 PM
    Ahh, beekeepers. Keeping people safe from bees since _____.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    04-24-2013 06:43 PM
    Fair point I might not be American, a few mates are but I am not. However I have question, in all seriousness why do you feel the need to have a gun? (and don't say its a right due to the constitution or amendment)
    04-25-2013 06:01 AM
    I can't remember if I already posted this point in another gun debate thread here, but is worth repeating. Guns are the great equalizer. They put everyone on even ground. So if a gang banger starts shooting because of some initiation, it gives you a fighting chance of you can't get cover. If a mugger is holding up someone at knife point, you could likely scare him away just by brandishing your weapon at him. There's all kinds of situations like this where a gun could potentially come in handy and save your life when up against a stronger attacker. Then there was also the issue of having to essentially supply and be prepared to use your own arms to help fight invaders or even our own government if it gets too tyrannical when our Constitution was drafted. I doubt either of those are very likely today, but is certainly a deterrent to such actions. Society today, or at any time, has never been all hearts and flowers no matter what people think. People do need to be able to defend themselves, and should be able to be at least, if not better armed than the attacker.

That being said, I do believe anyone carrying a gun for self defense should be well trained in how to safely use it without endangering others. As the saying goes, with great power comes great responsibility and not everyone is capable of handling a gun well. I also like the idea of background checks, but see the problems with making them universal. i.e. the cost of doing so and hassle of people having to find a place to do so when selling as private party on the secondary market may make them go black market. I don't know what a good solution to that would be.

You're right that too many supporters argue that it's simply our right to own guns. They fail to either understand why, or are unable to communicate why that right is so important. Hopefully this helps you understand better.
    04-25-2013 06:50 AM
4,617 ... 7677787980 ...