07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    I spent 2 weeks in Perth when I was in the Navy, and honestly it was one of the most beautiful places we visited. I've always wanted to go back since then, but not anymore...
    04-29-2013 10:01 PM
    And they use a national register to monotior who has handed guns in. Thus you can monitor who hasnt eg to get a warrant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Only 6 states register guns.

THAT is the main reason gun owners oppose registration

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 10:05 PM
    I spent 2 weeks in Perth when I was in the Navy, and honestly it was one of the most beautiful places we visited. I've always wanted to go back since then, but not anymore...
    Because we have a national register of rho owns guns? Perth cbd is under a massive reconstruction at the moment. Freo (were the us carrier ships usually are docked is pretty much the same)

04-29-2013 10:17 PM
    For the average person the law is decent. If you really want a gun you can just if you don't have a gun cabinet, go to the firing range its taken away or your need to have one is no longer valid. However your not allowed to carry arms.

04-29-2013 10:21 PM
    Live2ride883, What about my points that you ignored?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 10:22 PM
    However your not allowed to carry arms.

"Not allowed", smh... You mean to tell us that people don't do what they're not allowed to do?
    The Hustleman likes this.
    04-29-2013 10:27 PM
    Considering 5% of the population has arms, who are constantly checked whether they have been to the range etc... Following laws few would. Perth's "known" public figures are searched often so they wouldn't risk carrying.

04-29-2013 10:37 PM
    Myth: "They" are coming to take our guns.
    Fact: That's stupid.
    Calling something stupid isn' t a fact genious is an opinion.

Myth: Banning "assault weapons" will reduce gun violence, school and other mass shootings, etc.
    Fact: Absolutely daft. Of the more than approximately 10,000 gun deaths per year in recent years, less than 500 or so will be from any type of rifle. You're panicking about a weapon used in far less than .5% of gun deaths. Also, "assault weapon" refers mostly to cosmetic differences, in most cases making the weapon exactly 0% more dangerous than the non-"assault" version of the same weapon. If public safety and reducing gun violence were the real motivators, we'd be discussing banning handguns, which are far more easily concealed and far more commonly used in crimes.

Myth: Any legislation of gun purchasing/ownership is "infringement" and is therefore unconstitutional.
    Fact: That's also stupid. Gun ownership, possession, etc. has been regulated since day 1 in a variety of ways, although originally guns were allowed inside Federal buildings, which caused lots of interesting issues in debates. Additionally, the OK Corral gunfight, which made famous Tombstone, AZ was a major battle that started over gun control in 1881, concerning open carry regulations within city limits. Clearly this isn't an argument that is going away soon.

Myth: The NRA was founded to protect the rights of gun owners from tyrannical power plays by the Federal government.
    Fact: The NRA initially stood for teaching safety and responsible ownership and was very much in favor of gun control until a major shift in management in the late 1960's. As late as the 1990's Wayne LaPierre himself was a supporter of background checks, a stance currently supported by over 90% of the public according to polls.

There are literally hundreds of these myths floating around and no amount of myth-busting will probably ever convince a single person to open their mind and think about the larger issue that this fear based microcosm of an issue represents. This isn't about gun violence, especially by legal gun owners... this is about manipulation. The government is not afraid of civilian off-the-rack weapons and they've got no interest in banning any of them. The real goal here is to polarize misinformed people into arguing about this, rather than fundamental issues that actually threaten our nation.

To put it in context, less than .5% of people that die per year are killed by a firearm and less than .5% of those are killed by any type of rifle and approximately 10% of those are killed in mass shootings. Sandy Hook, one of the most heated topics in recent months, had less than 30 victims. We average 27 gun deaths per day in this country and between 99.8% and 99.9% of them are killed in situations that are not mass shootings. Clearly the real issue is our perspective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 10:39 PM
    Live2ride883, What about my points that you ignored?

??
    04-30-2013 01:48 AM
    If you could have less then 0.2 Deaths per 100,000 due to arms would you gladly give up your guns? I would say most of you would.
    I for one would NOT! To me, it isn't worth giving up my safety. I'm not even going to mention giving up a constitutional right that I have. No, I'll gladly keep my guns to protect myself and family.
    Give a right up? To have a possibility at gaining something else? I think Mr. Franklin mentioned you.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    I know! Give up a right?!?! Once the first right is gone, what next?
    04-30-2013 06:12 AM
    Absolutely NOT.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who said no!
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    04-30-2013 06:12 AM
    Then why are so many of you anti-background check?

WE ARE NOT! IT'S ONLY THE PEOPLE THAT DONT OWN OR UNDERSTAND WE MOSTLY ALREADY HAVE THEM! ITS THE OTHER CRAP IN THE BILL WITH IT! I had to do a background check before i bought a shotgun. Every gun show I've been to did background checks.

You guys talk about gun crimes like they kill more people than cancer. Hammers and bats kill more people. Automobiles kill the most, but since everyone uses them, they don't want to give up their automobiles, but you want someone else to give up their right because YOU don't like something? Are you 6? When will you care about losing rights, when they affect you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-30-2013 06:41 AM
    WE ARE NOT! IT'S ONLY THE PEOPLE THAT DONT OWN OR UNDERSTAND WE MOSTLY ALREADY HAVE THEM! ITS THE OUTHER CRAP IN THE BILL WITH IT! I had a background check before i bought a shotgun. Every gun show I've been to did background checks.

You guys talk about gun crimes like they kill more people than cancer. Hammers and bats kill more people. Automobiles kill the most, but since everyone uses them, they don't want to give up their automobiles, but you want someone else to give up their right because YOU don't like something? Are you 6? When will you care about losing rights, when they affect you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Yeah gun shows do background checks, it's just the private sellers that don't have to in most states.

But you buy from a table or you buy online you're doing a background check

04-30-2013 06:47 AM
    Yeah gun shows do background checks, it's just the private sellers that don't have to in most states.

But you buy from a table or you buy online you're doing a background check

That's what pisses me off so much about the ignorance of most anti gun people. To even buy a shotgun, you have to do a background. I had to to buy my SX3.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-30-2013 06:50 AM
    I forgot to add, most think an ar15 is automatic. Its not. Its illegal to own an auto without a class 3. The ar is in no way anything like the military version. Military has a 3 rd burst. We don't. Citizen ar's are just like the old wooden stock guns. They just look scarier. They are no deadlier.

Here is something else for anti gun people to ponder. The supreme court has already ruled in countless cases that the police are NOT responsible for your safety. That means they are only for speeding tickets and to outline your body with that cute little chalk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-30-2013 06:57 AM
    All the laws in the world won't stop somebody hellbent on doing something from doing something. Even a background check is no guarantee.
    04-30-2013 06:59 AM
    Here's the thing.....

Take away our Guns and killers will use something else. Think about it....If someone really wants to kill and they dont have access to a gun what do they do? Hmmm......knife, bat, piece of wood, chair leg, table lamp, i could go on and on. So let's ban EVERYTHING else as well as the GUNS. It's not the Gun that kills..........If i set a gun down on a table, will it kill you? No......if I pick it up and point it at you and PULL the trigger it kills you. Don't blame guns.......blame dumb PEOPLE!

Larry The Cable Guy said it best. "If guns kill people then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

Think long and hard before you blame a Gun. I'm fed up with people saying oh he killed him with a gun if they didn't have access to the gun then he would still be alive.......NOPE! He would have used a different weapon to accomplish his goal, ANYTHING can kill.
    The Hustleman and BrockS. like this.
    04-30-2013 07:11 AM
    Here's the thing.....

Take away our Guns and killers will use something else. Think about it....If someone really wants to kill and they dont have access to a gun what do they do? Hmmm......knife, bat, piece of wood, chair leg, table lamp, i could go on and on. So let's ban EVERYTHING else as well as the GUNS. It's not the Gun that kills..........If i set a gun down on a table, will it kill you? No......if I pick it up and point it at you and PULL the trigger it kills you. Don't blame guns.......blame dumb PEOPLE!

Larry The Cable Guy said it best. "If guns kill people then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

Think long and hard before you blame a Gun. I'm fed up with people saying oh he killed him with a gun if they didn't have access to the gun then he would still be alive.......NOPE! He would have used a different weapon to accomplish his goal, ANYTHING can kill.
    Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer!

Also it would make more logical sense to ban cars instead of guns

04-30-2013 08:10 AM
    Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer!

Also it would make more logical sense to ban cars instead of guns

No one wants to do that because then it bothers THEM and infringes on THEIR rights.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-30-2013 08:19 AM
    Money has very much to do with this equation too. They would never ban moneymakers.
    04-30-2013 08:24 AM
    Passing anti-gun legislation would be like passing drinking legislation. I'm pretty sure we don't want to go back to those days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-30-2013 08:46 AM
    Passing anti-gun legislation would be like passing drinking legislation. I'm pretty sure we don't want to go back to those days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, plus drunk driving is already illegal, yet people still do it.

All the law does is give us a means to punish it

04-30-2013 10:34 AM
    Yeah, I've always wanted to go to Australia.
    04-30-2013 10:54 AM
    Then why are so many of you anti-background check?

I'm not completely against background checks. However, why do they take so long? I find it hard to believe that 99.999% of all of the information they need isto not already on a computer database somewhere. Why does it take months to get a gun? Hell, it only takes an hour to get approved for a car loan, and cars kill more people than guns.
    04-30-2013 10:57 AM
    I'm not completely against background checks. However, why do they take so long? I find it hard to believe that 99.999% of all of the information they need isto not already on a computer database somewhere. Why does it take months to get a gun? Hell, it only takes an hour to get approved for a car loan, and cars kill more people than guns.
    Background checks don't take months, I can walk into a gun shop right now, not show my permit, and walk out in less than 20 minutes.

04-30-2013 01:42 PM
4,617 ... 8182838485 ...