07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 8283848586 ...
tools
    Background checks don't take months, I can walk into a gun shop right now, not show my permit, and walk out in less than 20 minutes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Totally unrelated to guns, but some background checks do take forever. Ie, my husband's nursing license for the state of Texas requires a finger printing and back ground check. Its been two months and he has yet to recieve his results. Note, he does not have a police record or any pending criminal charges.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    04-30-2013 02:00 PM
    We all know, there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
    In some cases bravery requires a bit of stupidity, especially in life or death situations. Some would see putting the safety of others before your own as stupid.
    04-30-2013 02:48 PM
    Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer!

Also it would make more logical sense to ban cars instead of guns

I would certainly be safer on my bike if cars were banned...
    04-30-2013 03:14 PM
    There would be a lot fewer deaths of they were

04-30-2013 04:34 PM
    As a cyclist for cross training at 4am it would be safer for everyone if cyclists followed the road rules instead of cutting across traffic and not using lights at 4/5 am in the morning. Present cautions is the best prevention. As for checks, I think they want more detailed ones. Ours your require a full form to be submitted for EACH gun, stating why you need another one etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 10:55 PM
    As a cyclist for cross training at 4am it would be safer for everyone if cyclists followed the road rules instead of cutting across traffic and not using lights at 4/5 am in the morning. Present cautions is the best prevention. As for checks, I think they want more detailed ones. Ours your require a full form to be submitted for EACH gun, stating why you need another one etc.

By bike I meant Harley-Davidson, here's a couple of pics of my bike..

Throughout my life I have owned 400+ guns, honestly I would have to go count them to even give you a number right now, so I'll just say that I have a gun room in the basement. I do not keep all of them there though. I also have at least one safe on every floor a safe in my Dodge, and a safe on my Harley.
    Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-247587_479231145492455_1682869029_n.jpeg   Firearms and self-defense-img_20130317_164222_232.jpg   Firearms and self-defense-img_20130317_164242_690.jpg  
    04-30-2013 11:14 PM
    A video on the dangers of limiting magazine capacity...

05-01-2013 09:04 PM
    Everyone likes to boast of how the murder rate went down when great Britain enforced strict gun control. The death rate due to firearms is much lower but they have one of the worst violent crime rates in the world, second only to south Africa.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-01-2013 09:26 PM
    Yeah but its harder to murder. Think about a knife or king hit has to be close range. A gun doesn't.

05-01-2013 09:32 PM
    Yeah but its harder to murder. Think about a knife or king hit has to be close range. A gun doesn't.

I guess you can look for the silver lining there, unless you're one on the defenseless women that gets raped. Don't quote me, but I think rapes shot up like 500% after the ban.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The Hustleman likes this.
    05-01-2013 09:35 PM
    I guess you can look for the silver lining there, unless you're one on the defenseless women that gets raped. Don't quote me, but I think rapes shot up like 500% after the ban.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Don't quote me, but I think most countries have constantly increasing populations.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-01-2013 11:09 PM
    Don't quote me, but I think most countries have constantly increasing populations.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted. Crime rates are done per capita, and why would the us rate go down and Britain's go up? Lmao. A population increase 500% in 15 years?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-02-2013 03:37 AM
    Not all the stats are per capital. The year to year for the same country is generally increase in offences unless stated otherwise. As for other links here (eg how safe you feel at night in 1 link) which aren't censuses the data is often bias due to the sample. (Unfortunately I have to remember this stuff as I'm doing a compulsory statistics unit)

05-02-2013 09:43 AM
    Their mayor is a disgrace, and most of their government officials are way out of touch, but the citizens are in a class all by themselves.

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant - The Daily Currant

*Disclaimer* I saw another article on this that stated this might not have actually happened.
    05-02-2013 04:09 PM
    Perhaps someone needs to remind Obama that America already has a day set aside for Americans to celebrate their loyalty to America its called the 4th of July. The day we celebrate our national victory over tyrants and oppressive governments.

Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013 | The White House
    Aquila likes this.
    05-02-2013 04:30 PM
    05-02-2013 04:43 PM
    Crime rates are done per capita
    Apparently not the ones linked in this thread.

A population increase 500% in 15 years?
    Where did you see something mentioning a 500% crime rate increase?

05-02-2013 05:15 PM
    Background checks don't take months, I can walk into a gun shop right now, not show my permit, and walk out in less than 20 minutes.

Most back ground checks don't take that long some take longer. Here in Montana if you ever had a warrant for anything even traffic ticket it takes longer. The gun shop runs your background locally, which takes about less than an hour. If it comes back negative you walk out with you gun. If one tiny blip shows up it is run up the chain. When I was 18 (that was over 20 years ago) I got a ticket for a burned out headlight, and forgot to pay it When I found out that I had a warrant for that ticket I went in and paid it and the warrant was dropped. Because of this when ever I go in to buy a gun it I know it will take about a day and half to get cleared. I have been told by gun shop owners and our local sheriff if I went in and got my conceal carry that would take care of it

Side note back ground checks are not gun registration. at least here in Montana. All back ground paper work after purchase must be destroyed buy gun shop per state law. All back ground paper work that I filled out never even state what type of gun i purchased.

On the other question would I give up my guns if no crime NO NO NO !! Why I like to shoot. I like to hunt There is no better family time than going out to the range or woods and teach your kids responsible gun handling and bonding.

Last thing Hitler was all for gun control and look where that led
    05-02-2013 05:28 PM
    Their mayor is a disgrace, and most of their government officials are way out of touch, but the citizens are in a class all by themselves.

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant - The Daily Currant

*Disclaimer* I saw another article on this that stated this might not have actually happened.
    Yeah that's a satire "news" site; similar to The Onion.
    05-02-2013 06:27 PM
    Yeah that's a satire "news" site; similar to The Onion.
    Probably not true but that's funny as hell lol
    Aquila and Live2ride883 like this.
    05-02-2013 06:29 PM
    Apparently not the ones linked in this thread.

Where did you see something mentioning a 500% crime rate increase?

Because I said I believed I read where rape went up 500%, and you try to justify by saying maybe the population increased. The only way to justify 500% increase in crime means the population would also have to increase 500%

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-02-2013 06:40 PM
    The simple answer to your question is that most people are stupid.
    05-02-2013 06:43 PM
    Because I said I believed I read where rape went up 500%, and you try to justify by saying maybe the population increased. The only way to justify 500% increase in crime means the population would also have to increase 500%

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Link? Proof or I won't believe it.

05-02-2013 06:48 PM
    The simple answer to your question is that most people are stupid.
    Wizard's First Rule.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-02-2013 07:08 PM

On the other question would I give up my guns if no crime NO NO NO !! Why I like to shoot. I like to hunt There is no better family time than going out to the range or woods and teach your kids responsible gun handling and bonding.

Last thing Hitler was all for gun control and look where that led
    Question was posed for those who don't hunt. Under our law you can get a gun for hunting, you just have to basically prove that you do then your all good. It does limit the number of guns distributed.
    05-02-2013 08:48 PM
4,617 ... 8283848586 ...