07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 8384858687 ...
tools
    Why should I have to prove anything? As long as I am a law abiding citizen.go through the back ground checks I should be able to keep my guns that I bought and paid for. If the goverment had bought my guns for me then I see were I would have to prove for what the attended purpose was for. If I stopped hunting or target practiceing and decided to just keep them in my safe until the day I die that should be my choise. If I had to prove why need a gun to the goverment I would feel that the goverment already considers me a criminal. Do I have to provide the goverment with proof of why I need to buy a car? No and kills more people each year than agun. The picture is that here in the states we value living our lives with least amount of goverment interference. And gun control is that. We are seeing more and more goverment controling our lives. New York mayor passing law that nobody can have a pop over sixteen ounces.

On the note of safety I am not a big dude 5.5 140 lbs. I have had my share of scuffles and can hold my own. But you bet I would bring a gun to a knife fight. If me having a gun even makes somebody think twice about coming at me or my family then good. It has been proven time and again that states with less strict gun laws have lower crime rates. After sandy hook some states are passinfg laws that teachers carry guns with carry permits.just think of how many lives would have been saved if one teacher at sandy hookhad a gun and new how to use it. Just last month a guy went on a stabbing spree and stabbed four people he was stopped by a citizen with conceal and carry. Pulling his gun

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-02-2013 09:59 PM
    I give up. I'm tired of repeating the same thing I've posted.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Aquila likes this.
    05-02-2013 10:15 PM
    after rereading you statement that hunting has a big deal to do with it. The original question was why is that most anti gun people know nothing about guns. It has trailed off to government control of guns. You have stated time and again how your goverment controls everything that its citizensdo with their their guns. It comes down to in USA we don't like the goverment dictating what each person does day to day including guns, as long as that person is abiding by the laws that are already in place. Our goverment is set up to be controlled by the people not politicians. As others have stated we are a democratic republic not a democracy. If we were a democracy people of New York and California would be able to dictate the lives of the rest of the USA. With a D R every state has equal say in how our goverment is run.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central ForAfterums
    05-02-2013 10:58 PM
    The problem with todays society isn't that guns are available to citizens, or that a certain type of gun is available to civilians. There are a series of problems. People have become too desensitized to graphic material. People not properly storing their firearms and making them too accessible to impressionable youth who are desensitized to graphic material. Parents who don't pay enough attention to their children to know if they are socially integrated or mentally unraveling. Not enough psychological assistance or reintegration assistance readily available for vets who suffer ptsd or social and psychological disabilities. Laws regarding reoccuring offenders and jail terms are too lax, people with multiple offences of the same category given a slap on the wrist or reduced terms. US immigration and foreign policy. The list goes on and on. The statement that guns dont kill people, people with guns kill people is only correct to a certain point. Guns do not kill people, people with murderous intentions kill people. Regardless of the weapon.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-02-2013 11:56 PM
    The problem with todays society isn't that guns are available to citizens, or that a certain type of gun is available to civilians. There are a series of problems. People have become too desensitized to graphic material. People not properly storing their firearms and making them too accessible to impressionable youth who are desensitized to graphic material. Parents who don't pay enough attention to their children to know if they are socially integrated or mentally unraveling. Not enough psychological assistance or reintegration assistance readily available for vets who suffer ptsd or social and psychological disabilities. Laws regarding reoccuring offenders and jail terms are too lax, people with multiple offences of the same category given a slap on the wrist or reduced terms. US immigration and foreign policy. The list goes on and on. The statement that guns dont kill people, people with guns kill people is only correct to a certain point. Guns do not kill people, people with murderous intentions kill people. Regardless of the weapon.

That being said, every time you hear about a 4 year old accidentally killing their mother or their 2 year old sibling it rips you apart.
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-03-2013 12:01 AM
    What it comes down to what gives one person a right to dictate by change of law what another person does because they don't agree with it. Even if that person is abiding by all intents of the law that has been already been in place. You admit that with all the laws you have in Australia that criminals still have guns (just not as many) but they still have guns. All your laws have done is make it harder for law abiding citizens to have have guns. When a government takes unto itself to decide what is good for its people with out the consent of said people. That government has become no more than a tyrannical dictator

05-03-2013 12:16 AM
    I agree with everything that Jennifer and nothing is true said. But on part is it the responsibility of the goverment to raise our children. It is the responsibly of the parent to teach their children caring and responsibility. Don't let them watch those shows lock up the guns teach them responsible gun safety.
    On the other part that Jennifer talks about it is not a gun issue but a mental health issue. Coming from a son of a Vietnam vet I have
    delt with ptsd. Our goverment and society sucks at taking care of our mentally ill population. Gun control regulations will not take care of this.
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-03-2013 12:59 AM
    Yooz guys talkin ta me??

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    Aquila likes this.
    05-03-2013 02:34 AM
    *Disclaimer* I saw another article on this that stated this might not have actually happened.
    Even if it didn't happen... the fact that it's so easily believable... that just says something sad about either the mayor, or us, or the citizens there... maybe all of the above... I dunno, it just makes me sad.
    05-03-2013 02:37 AM
    "On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values."

Ironic.

05-03-2013 02:42 AM
    Barry, what a man.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.
    05-03-2013 03:18 AM
    I hope the story happened exactly the way it was portrayed. He's been king for way too long.

05-03-2013 06:03 AM
    He has no sense of the sacrifice Americans have already made in defense of our values, values that he really does not share.
    He is a phony from start to finish and we certainly deserve better than this.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    05-03-2013 07:43 AM
    The debate on gun control is a relevant topic, but now the reality of 3D-printed firearms is entering the picture. I remember a while back when CSI:NY aired an episode that included a 3D-printed handgun as a murder weapon. Now, Forbes has published an article about the "world's first entirely 3d-printed gun."

Check it out here: This Is The World's First Entirely 3D-Printed Gun (Photos) - Forbes.

Early next week, Wilson, a 25-year University of Texas law student and founder of the non-profit group Defense Distributed, plans to release the 3D-printable CAD files for a gun he calls the Liberator." [...] All sixteen pieces of the Liberator prototype were printed in ABS plastic with a Dimension SST printer from 3D printing company Stratasys, with the exception of a single nail thats used as a firing pin.
    It's going to be a relevant topic of discussion very soon, so I thought I'd throw this up. What does everyone think? As the Forbes article mentions, the situation might blur the lines between the regulation of firearms and information censorship. There have already been legal proposals to regulate/ban 3d-printed firearms, but I'm thinking more about potential restrictions on the emerging 3d-printing industry as a result.
    jdbii likes this.
    05-03-2013 06:26 PM
    Unbelievable. Don't think it bodes well for gun-rights policy advocates. It is also going to increase security everywhere since I think these can get past metal detectors and xrays -- say hello to much more security at airports.
    05-03-2013 06:33 PM
    The debate on gun control is a relevant topic, but now the reality of 3D-printed firearms is entering the picture. I remember a while back when CSI:NY aired an episode that included a 3D-printed handgun as a murder weapon. Now, Forbes has published an article about the "world's first entirely 3d-printed gun."

Check it out here: This Is The World's First Entirely 3D-Printed Gun (Photos) - Forbes.

It's going to be a relevant topic of discussion very soon, so I thought I'd throw this up. What does everyone think? As the Forbes article mentions, the situation might blur the lines between the regulation of firearms and information censorship. There have already been legal proposals to regulate/ban 3d-printed firearms, but I'm thinking more about potential restrictions on the emerging 3d-printing industry as a result.
    I think it's actually a commentary about our cultural priorities... we get this amazing "new" tech (it recently became much cheaper) and the first thing we start building is weapons. There is something seriously insane about the obsession with guns. I understand the Constitutional issues pretty thoroughly, I understand the moral argument fairly well on both sides... what I don't understand is the people who are more obsessed with their weapons than some of us are about technology. We could have used this to create homes for people that cost hundreds of dollars, rather than hundreds of thousands of dollars (obviously scaling issues here, but might have been worth the effort). We could have used this technology to rethink so many concepts, from healthcare to manufacturing to construction, etc... but we went straight to a way to circumvent regulations on weapons. There is something insane going on here.

My assumption is that, from a regulatory standpoint, the penalties for possessing these weapons will be identical to other illegal manufactured or modified weapons... but those penalties usually come from discovery surrounding potential usage in the commission of a another crime and can rarely be used to prevent crime.
    jdbii, rexxman, msndrstood and 1 others like this.
    05-03-2013 09:02 PM
    Background checks don't take months, I can walk into a gun shop right now, not show my permit, and walk out in less than 20 minutes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Not in my state! I was told it would take six to eight weeks to process the paperwork.
    05-03-2013 09:39 PM
    Thanks for posting this!
    05-03-2013 09:40 PM
    Thanks for posting this!
    Your welcome, I am glad you were able to get some useful information from it.
    05-04-2013 12:13 AM

I think it's great, part of the reason I am getting a 3D printer was to make my own ar-15, and hopefully soon ar-30 magazines.

I am not sure why people are surprised that one of the first things made with this tech are gun parts and now guns themselves. Defense has always went hand in hand with technology. The internet was developed by DARPA as a secure way to get missile codes to the silo,s should DC and other command centers get taken out.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-04-2013 12:19 AM
    I think it's great, part of the reason I am getting a 3D printer was to make my own ar-15, and hopefully soon ar-30 magazines.

I am not sure why people are surprised that one of the first things made with this tech are gun parts and now guns themselves. Defense has always went hand in hand with technology. The internet was developed by DARPA as a secure way to get missile codes to the silo,s should DC and other command centers get taken out.
    It's not really surprising at all, but that actually makes it more troubling than less. I guess one would hope that society would eventually evolve past the need for fear being the primary organizational motivation of culture. Obviously we're not there yet and it may never actually happen; but a large part of the population thrives and seems to crave either being afraid, causing fear in others or both. It just seems childish, slightly mentally deficient and sad.

There is nothing in this article in particular, or even about guns in general that creates this train of thought; these are just distractions that highlight the need for evaluation... it's something much deeper and these things seem like they are only symptoms of a disease that systemically threatens ... well everything. Clearly, I don't have a way to articulate this. I don't care if someone makes guns with their printer or makes a car or whatever. I'd rather they behave as safely as they can, but I also know what I want doesn't factor into it. What worries me is something else.
    rexxman likes this.
    05-04-2013 12:30 AM
    This is the first I have ever heard of anything like this being possible...Excuse me while I crawl out from under my rock to research this.
    05-04-2013 12:39 AM
    This is the first I have ever heard of anything like this being possible...Excuse me while I crawl out from under my rock to research this.

There isn't really a limit on what these can make... if you can program it (program is similar to a CAD program), you can print it.
    05-04-2013 12:45 AM
    Where would anyone in their right minds think that it is a good idea to release the blue prints of this? The creator even acknowledged the prospect of the danger of bypassing background checks by making this public knowledge and stated, "that's the point, to prove that it can be done." Wtf?? I am pro gun and support our right to bears arms...but only to the lawful extent of the constitution, which requires that all guns owners undergo back ground checks and the likes. There are some people i know personally who are not allowed to own weapons, and there is a very good reason for that. There is a reason why, when you are charged with domestic battery or a felony, you are not allowed to own firearms. That clause was put in place for a reason. This makes me afraid of what the future could hold. Yes, people who are legally not allowed to own guns come across them one way or another, but not as simply as printing a 3d mold.

05-04-2013 12:48 AM
    I am too tired to go back and correct all of my terrible typos in that paragraph. Three edits later and I am still missing things...I think it is time for me to go to bed.

05-04-2013 12:51 AM
4,617 ... 8384858687 ...