07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 8586878889 ...
tools
    VERY interesting.... there should be a thread just for conspiracies.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-05-2013 11:53 PM

There was a thread for opinions on conspiracies, but I don't think it directly mentioned sharing conspiracies. Hm

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Aquila likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:13 AM
    There was a thread for opinions on conspiracies, but I don't think it directly mentioned sharing conspiracies. Hm

You're wrong.
    Check the opening post over there.

05-06-2013 12:25 AM
    You're wrong.
    Check the opening post over there.

My bad! I remembered seeing it in passing, but couldn't recall the entirety of it. Hence the " I think" lol, sometimes my brain fails on me! But in that case, have at it! Don't forget your tin foil hat :thumbup:

Aquila likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:33 AM
    My bad! I remembered seeing it in passing, but couldn't recall the entirety of it. Hence the " I think" lol, sometimes my brain fails on me! But in that case, have at it! Don't forget your tin foil hat :thumbup:

Just don't goto the full site and look at the edit date.

Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:39 AM
    Bloomberg does nothing about the inflated real estate problems, inflated taxes unemployment and minimum wage yet they can find the time to monitor our drink sizes and caloric intake.

Can't move out of NY fast enough!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Did studies on bloomberg's policies awhile ago, they are actually pretty decent and seams like a very intelligent person. As for the inflated real estate problems, anything really external would make the situation worse (property prices where I am are ridiculous too but such is life). The thing is if he set a rental ceiling, it risks taking property's of the "market", my lecturer used an old New York one, were it lost thousands of houses from being rented out and the prices were more expensive (unofficially) because people bought really crappy furniture inside the apartment for a lot more then its actual value to be allowed to rent the apartment out.
    05-06-2013 04:37 AM
    http://motherboard.vice.com/read/cli...movement-video
    This nut job gets hundreds of rounds now without it breaking. I think its well known on this forum that I am against gun disruption.
    So I will leave it here.
    05-06-2013 04:47 AM
    Mettalic/ceramic composite and other nickel alloy composites as well as barrel sleaving already makes the longevity possible.
    The tech is already there. All you have to do is remove the sleeve from the plastic composite and replace when worn.
    Chamber pressures are not too high to deform the composite. The future is now.
    05-06-2013 07:44 AM

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, and cross posting is against the rules so I had to choose one.
    05-06-2013 09:52 AM
    I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, and cross posting is against the rules so I had to choose one.
    It's okay, i know, you don't have to explain.

05-06-2013 09:56 AM
    05-07-2013 05:36 PM
    I'd say the odds of most of them stumbling onto that website are pretty low, so yeah... But that report seems to echo exactly what I was saying back when we were going around with Carolina... we're severely focused on 1% of the issue and trying to hit it with a hammer that doesn't even come close.

There is a problem with this type of article... it spends all of it's time attacking, rather than trying to inform and thus bridge differences. It's "democrats, this, Obama that, gun grabbing, etc" things are going to put people who want to converse on the defensive and pretty much excludes the possibility of any meaningful solution seeking. I've tried myself, among my peers, to appeal to the logical of both sides and try to create a much needed dialogue, but neither side is willing to listen to anything other than the partisan talking points.
    rexxman likes this.
    05-07-2013 05:43 PM
    Wizard's First Rule.
    I never thought Terry Goodkind would ever come up in this conversation!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-07-2013 06:15 PM
    I'd say the odds of most of them stumbling onto that website are pretty low, so yeah... But that report seems to echo exactly what I was saying back when we were going around with Carolina... we're severely focused on 1% of the issue and trying to hit it with a hammer that doesn't even come close.

There is a problem with this type of article... it spends all of it's time attacking, rather than trying to inform and thus bridge differences. It's "democrats, this, Obama that, gun grabbing, etc" things are going to put people who want to converse on the defensive and pretty much excludes the possibility of any meaningful solution seeking. I've tried myself, among my peers, to appeal to the logical of both sides and try to create a much needed dialogue, but neither side is willing to listen to anything other than the partisan talking points.
    From which side of the isle is most if not all of the "gun control" legislation that has been proposed coming from?
    05-07-2013 06:17 PM
    From which side of the isle is most if not all of the "gun control" legislation that has been proposed coming from?
    It's definitely an issue people disagree on, and more liberal people tend to be more in favor of more regulation. That doesn't mean that it's productive for both sides to dig their heels in and start slinging mud. There is no effort by either side to try to educate the other on the values motivating their arguments or the information being used. Every time, it starts with a sometimes nicely worded, sometimes not go screw yourself type of statement, which widens the divide. This is one issue where simple education would change the debate, but who is going to listen before speaking and try to understand the arguments and paradigms before trying to assert their own? That's what adults do. This debate is extremely childish, with both sides screaming, "nu uh!" at the top of their lungs, hoping the other side just gives up.
    05-07-2013 06:25 PM
    You quoted "Nothing Is True" but did you read that post or understand it. You just proved his point.

Sometimes what is said in an article is not quite as important as what is not said.

Yes, all America should find comfort that the violent crime rate is declining. Good for all of us.

Here is another article about this Justice Department report.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...6b8_story.html

Please note the 3rd paragraph. I do hope you understand and appreciate the implication.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    05-07-2013 06:36 PM
    You quoted "Nothing Is True" but did you read that post or understand it. You just proved his point.

Sometimes what is said in an article is not quite as important as what is not said.

Yes, all America should find comfort that the violent crime rate is declining. Good for all of us.

Here is another article about this Justice Department report.

Report: Sharp drop in gun violence, but most killings still involve firearms - The Washington Post

Please note the 3rd paragraph. I do hope you understand and appreciate the implication.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    That third paragraph also echo's what I said earlier in the debate... if the bulk of 70% of homicides are committed with handguns.... why in the world are we talking so much about cosmetic changes to rifles? I don't really agree with banning anything without a damned good reason, but if we were going to ban some type of gun (that's not already banned)... why wouldn't it be pistols?
    05-07-2013 06:48 PM
    Here's the dilemma for me... I don't want to tell you what you can and cannot buy. I do want it to be as difficult as we can possibly imagine for criminals and mentally ill people to obtain any kind of weapon (knife, rock, gun, whatever). I do want any person who uses a weapon to attack another to be removed from society. I understand there are people who disagree with one or more of those three statements. What's the balance between those statements?
    Fairclough and The Hustleman like this.
    05-07-2013 06:57 PM
    A good step would be limiting concealable s like hand guns are said before because they do the most harm in society. I would be sus walking down the street with a rifle or shot gun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-07-2013 07:03 PM
    Please tell me why a group of people would try to march into Washington on the 4th of July with loaded AR 15's on their backs when millions of families with children and fireworks are gathered in the same place. Yes, I know all about the 'reasons' why they are doing it, but what makes them think this is a good idea?!

The citizens that are gathering to celebrate the 4th of July in the Nation's capitol should be able to enjoy the holiday without intimidation. And, it is intimidating to see a large group of armed people marching around the Mall.

05-07-2013 07:19 PM
    Between the years of 1993 and 2011, as the assault weapons ban expired, more Americans purchased guns, the Supreme Court overturned outright gun bans, and individual states not only loosed gun control restrictions but also issued concealed carry permits to private citizens, incidents of gun violence in America collapsed.
    Between 1993 and 2011, nonfatal gun crimes plummeted 69%; from 1.5 million to 467,300. Gun-related murders dropped 40%; from 18,253 to 11,101. Gun-related murders for black Americans plummeted by 51%.
    The report also shows that the media-created hysteria over school shootings is wildly misleading. Between '93 and '11, the murder rate in schools dropped by almost a third; from 29 to 20.
    Background checks have also been exposed as another bogus narrative the media's crafted out of thin air. This report proves beyond any doubt that closing the so-called gun show loophole will accomplish next to nothing. Less than one-percent of state prisoners caught with a gun purchased it at a gun show. Moreover, who knows how many of those criminals might have passed or did pass a background check.
    So-called assault weapons are also not a problem, Only "2% of state inmates and 3% of federal inmates were armed with a military-style semiautomatic or fully automatic firearm."
    What this study clearly shows is that Obama, Democrats, and the media don't give a damn about stopping gun violence. If they did, they would be focused on everything but the one and two-percent problems.
    What we have here is a yet-another culture war; nothing more nothing less -- and one aimed at the type of law-abiding citizens who attend gun shows and enjoy these so-called assault weapons. In other words, Red State conservatives.
    What is especially crucial to keep in mind is that 2011 is not some kind of outlier. If you study the original report, you will see that these decreases are all part of an 18-year trend, not an outlier year or two.
    This report is extremely good news is you are the kind of person who gives a damn about human life.
    But if you are cynical, power-hungry Democrats more uncomfortable with the idea of human freedom than you are pleased with a decrease in human life, this report is bad news. Furthermore, if you are a dishonest member of the media who believes that delivering political wins to Democrats is more important than human life, this report is also bad news.
    There is just no question that an armed American populace is a safer American populace. This study also proves that smart policing and a willingness to award serious jail time to violent offenders (two areas our criminal justice system have focused on over the last two decades) does a helluva lot more to decrease the rate of gun violence than purely symbolic gun-grabbing laws.
    Thanks to this study we also know for a fact now that the Newtown massacre is being exploited by the media only to demonize Obama's political enemies.
    05-07-2013 07:21 PM
    I also think handguns are like 10 times easier to have an accident with simple because they are so much easier to hold and manipulate. A 2 year old can pick up a hand gun thinking it is a toy and accidentally shoot it. An accident like this would almost certainly never happen with a rifle. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/op...iend.html?_r=0
    05-07-2013 07:21 PM
    Please tell me why a group of people would try to march into Washington on the 4th of July with loaded AR 15's on their backs when millions of families with children and fireworks are gathered in the same place. Yes, I know all about the 'reasons' why they are doing it, but what makes them think this is a good idea?!

The citizens that are gathering to celebrate the 4th of July in the Nation's capitol should be able to enjoy the holiday without intimidation. And, it is intimidating to see a large group of armed people marching around the Mall.

It IS a good idea, people have absolutely nothing to fear from law abiding gun owners. From the report: "So-called assault weapons are also not a problem, Only "2% of state inmates and 3% of federal inmates were armed with a military-style semiautomatic or fully automatic firearm."

This is no more a bad idea than the million man march, celebrating the 4th of July also means celebrating our way of life, our Constitution, which includes The Bill of Rights.

More simply put, the reasons for doing it ARE what make it a good idea.
    05-07-2013 07:32 PM
    Mettalic/ceramic composite and other nickel alloy composites as well as barrel sleaving already makes the longevity possible.
    The tech is already there. All you have to do is remove the sleeve from the plastic composite and replace when worn.
    Chamber pressures are not too high to deform the composite. The future is now.
    I am sure that everybody saw the news yesterday or the day before, but Cody Wilson has now successfully fired his 3D created gun, "The Liberator," with his own hands, and I think he uploaded the computer files too.

I am not exactly sure if Bratigan was addressing replacing the barrel or not (he or she said 'sleeve' and I don't know what that is) but on PBS Newshour they were addressing this issue and a journalist covering the story had asked Cody about this and Cody said the issue is moot since he can just reprint a barrel and replace. In fact, the journalist said the Cody showed him a bag full of barrels. The second link below is the one that talked about swapping out barrels.

Texas Law Student Creates Plastic Gun That Fires Real Bullet From 3-D Printer | PBS NewsHour | May 6, 2013 | PBS
    New Printable Handgun Raises Concerns for Undetectability, Universal Access | PBS NewsHour | May 6, 2013 | PBS
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-07-2013 07:33 PM
    A good step would be limiting concealable s like hand guns are said before because they do the most harm in society. I would be sus walking down the street with a rifle or shot gun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    First off I have no idea what "sus" means. But as far as getting rid of concealables as you call them. "more Americans purchased guns, the Supreme Court overturned outright gun bans, and individual states not only loosed gun control restrictions but also issued concealed carry permits to private citizens, incidents of gun violence in America collapsed."
    05-07-2013 07:34 PM
4,617 ... 8586878889 ...