07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    Looks like the fed's shut down the site and had the files removed.

BREAKING: US Government Takes Over 3D Gun Manufacturer - The Free Patriot
    jdbii likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:21 PM
    This is a relevant and important topic of discussion, but let's make sure we stay on-topic, remain sensitive to the positions and opinions of others, and are careful when using words that have the potential to offend others. Just a friendly reminder.
    jdbii, return_0 and msndrstood like this.
    05-09-2013 08:24 PM
    Yeah...........after 100,000 downloads of the blueprints.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:33 PM
    Sorry, I had to spell it out at least in the broad strokes because this is one of the dumbest ideas that people can have. "I'm going to go, knowingly breaking the law, stand toe to toe with the US Military". That's called terrorism. Sorry to take the conversation there, but what else do you call it? If people call the Occupy protesters "terrorists", wtf do you call their armed counterparts? This is a disaster.
    No need to apologize. We are on the same page. Personally, I don't think they will go through with it. But if they do, I expect MY (and ALL OF OURS) civil authorities to do what is necessary to protect the welfare of the citizenry. These phony patriots speak of opposition to tyranny. I'd personally but them all a one-way ticket to North Korea.
    05-09-2013 08:35 PM
    You've said you live in Australia I believe. If I am right, why you care about what goes on here is beyond me.
    Because he cares about others' lives, unlike many in the US. I hate to say it, but it's true.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:37 PM
    You must not agree with the declaration of independence.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    That's insane. Sorry, but I am a huge supporter of people's rights. I'm just not a supporter of them being stupid about how they throw them away. Best case scenario, no change. Worst case scenario, a lot of people die and protecting the bill of rights becomes even more laughable to the public and the Congress. I have consistently argued both for a strict limitation of government interference and for a rational conversation about societal values.

I've read heavily about the history of this country, especially it's founding and I fully believe in what we were founded to be. What we have today is not that and we need to act like we live in the real world, where if you pick up 1000 guns and march against the military, there is a consequence. This is not how the battle for liberty is fought. We fought to become a country, spent a couple decades figuring out exactly what that means and establishing the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Now people want to throw the Constitution away in order to defend it. The Constitution allows for peaceful assembly and for citizens to change legislation through petition and electing strong representatives of the People. Jumping straight to violence is the exact opposite of the right course of action, especially when we haven't even tried the responsible ways that are built into the system. We can legally take back the government and change it to protect the people, or you can declare war (remember it's called treason, even if you're fighting tyranny) and burn the house down to try to start over.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:38 PM
    That's insane. Sorry, but I am a huge supporter of people's rights. I'm just not a supporter of them being stupid about how they throw them away. Best case scenario, no change. Worst case scenario, a lot of people die and protecting the bill of rights becomes even more laughable to the public and the Congress. I have consistently argued both for a strict limitation of government interference and for a rational conversation about societal values.

I've read heavily about the history of this country, especially it's founding and I fully believe in what we were founded to be. What we have today is not that and we need to act like we live in the real world, where if you pick up 1000 guns and march against the military, there is a consequence. This is not how the battle for liberty is fought. We fought to become a country, spent a couple decades figuring out exactly what that means and establishing the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Now people want to throw the Constitution away in order to defend it. The Constitution allows for peaceful assembly and for citizens to change legislation through petition and electing strong representatives of the People. Jumping straight to violence is the exact opposite of the right course of action, especially when we haven't even tried the responsible ways that are built into the system. We can legally take back the government and change it to protect the people, or you can declare war (remember it's called treason, even if you're fighting tyranny) and burn the house down to try to start over.
    I'm not disagreeing that you feel you are correct; however, they feel they are right also.

You can only push someone so far before they start pushing back. Some peoples limits are a lot less than others.

You said them protesting with guns wont change anything. What would protesting without them change? How many protests have people made the last 5 years and what has it changed?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-09-2013 08:46 PM
    Looks like the fed's shut down the site and had the files removed.

BREAKING: US Government Takes Over 3D Gun Manufacturer - The Free Patriot
    Stupid move. If they didn't want the information to get to anyone, they should have prevented it instead of taking it down afterwards. Once it's in the internet, it's out there. Not a fan of taking down information because it "might be" breaking the law. Take him to court if you want it taken down and have a judge say to do it. Let him argue his case.
    05-09-2013 08:46 PM
    I see people has asked about keeping on topic and the name calling out. Can we also stop the cheerleading lol?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-09-2013 08:50 PM
    Please excuse me while I go vomit..... You are killing me. Why would you quote Ronald Reagan to a self-professed liberal, and one who is sympathetic to your cause? You need to work on your PR skills because you need to sway the indifferent as well as keep those sympathetic to you. Find a quote by Carter, Clinton, or Obama and I'll be your friend.

Here's an Obama quote......

jdbii likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:52 PM
    I'm not disagreeing that you feel you are correct; however, they feel they are right also.

You can only push someone so far before they start pushing back. Some peoples limits are a lot less than others.

You said them protesting with guns wont change anything. What would protesting without them change? How many protests have people made the last 5 years and what has it changed?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    You said, "You must not agree with the declaration of independence. " That is incredibly offensive.

And I'm not saying protesting with or without guns won't change anything. I'm saying taking them into a place where they are illegal, where they are surrounded by the Marines that protect the capital is asking for confrontation, that with weapons in the mix, can easily escalate and result in many unnecessary deaths. They can protest 20 miles away in a state and it's legal. They can propose legislation to further limit federal ability to pass regulations that are pointless and misdirected. They can propose solutions to violent crime that focus on more intelligent avenues of change. They can run for office themselves and remove the corruption that creates these fascist ideals. They can stop watching television and buying products which support the media/arms/banking conglomerate that currently owns the government and prevents them from being fully heard. There are nearly an infinite number of things they can do, some more likely to work than others and some more or less dangerous than others. If you believe protesting useless, then the course they are choosing is high risk, no possible reward.

People don't have to be murdered or martyred for this cause, we're not that yet to where reason can't be of use.
    05-09-2013 08:53 PM
    Because he cares about others' lives, unlike many in the US. I hate to say it, but it's true.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I agree to a point, but with all of the research and stats I don't believe more gun control will help. It will make it worse.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-09-2013 08:53 PM
    I agree to a point, but with all of the research and stats I don't believe more gun control will help. It will make it worse.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    In the US I believe you are 100% right. In most of the world you're right. It takes an attitude change, not a law.
    05-09-2013 08:55 PM
    I see people has asked about keeping on topic and the name calling out. Can we also stop the cheerleading lol?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    GUILTY.....................I am the worst.
    05-09-2013 08:55 PM
    I am sorry for drifting off topic, it was simply in response to the "message" that gun owners protesting in large numbers might send out.
    05-09-2013 09:01 PM
    I am sorry for drifting off topic, it was simply in response to the "message" that gun owners protesting in large numbers might send out.
    People that feel their rights are in danger should absolutely defend them, within the law and perhaps work to expand their rights. Going and getting arrested and/or killed does little to protect your rights in the short term, and in most cases in history, does nothing at all.
    05-09-2013 09:07 PM
    You said, "You must not agree with the declaration of independence. " That is incredibly offensive.

And I'm not saying protesting with or without guns won't change anything. I'm saying taking them into a place where they are illegal, where they are surrounded by the Marines that protect the capital is asking for confrontation, that with weapons in the mix, can easily escalate and result in many unnecessary deaths. They can protest 20 miles away in a state and it's legal. They can propose legislation to further limit federal ability to pass regulations that are pointless and misdirected. They can propose solutions to violent crime that focus on more intelligent avenues of change. They can run for office themselves and remove the corruption that creates these fascist ideals. They can stop watching television and buying products which support the media/arms/banking conglomerate that currently owns the government and prevents them from being fully heard. There are nearly an infinite number of things they can do, some more likely to work than others and some more or less dangerous than others. If you believe protesting useless, then the course they are choosing is high risk, no possible reward.

People don't have to be murdered or martyred for this cause, we're not that yet to where reason can't be of use.
    Sorry, Poor choice of words. You know, above just about anyone here how adamant Jefferson was about taking a stand and taking control of your government, if necessary.

The point I'm trying to make is who decides when that point comes? You believe its premature, they believe its time. I can actually see both sides on this one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    jdbii and Aquila like this.
    05-09-2013 09:11 PM
    You've said you live in Australia I believe. If I am right, why you care about what goes on here is beyond me.
    Just wanted to say that we are lucky to have an Australian in these threads and I appreciate it. These forums seems to be dominated by people from the US and it adds a lot to have a perspective from somebody from a different continent. Plus, Australians have every right to discuss US laws and issues since we welcome hearty open discourse. And don't forget lot of Australians live in the US........mostly surfers in Hawaii and California Oh, and actors and actresses.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:23 PM
    Funny picture about this. I haven't fact checked it. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...255B1%255D.jpg
    stunx120fshwf likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:23 PM
    Funny picture about this. I haven't fact checked it. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...255B1%255D.jpg
    Sorry S.F., but I have to cheerlead, but that is hilarious --- I would triple thank and triple like if I could.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:30 PM
    Sorry S.F., but I have to cheerlead, but that is hilarious --- I would triple thank and triple like if I could.
    What's cheerlead? (I know what a cheerleader is in sports, but is that excessive use of the buttons?)
    05-09-2013 09:33 PM
    Just wanted to say that we are lucky to have an Australian in these threads and I appreciate it. These forums seems to be dominated by people from the US and it adds a lot to have a perspective from somebody from a different continent. Plus, Australians have every right to discuss US laws and issues since we welcome hearty open discourse. And don't forget lot of Australians live in the US........mostly surfers in Hawaii and California Oh, and actors and actresses.
    I really don't care if they contribute, but I do care when someone wants to change my home when they don't live here and don't see what is happening here. How by doing one thing effects another that they cant really see. Its kinda like me telling them that Australia should change their laws when I don't live there and honestly don't know anything about it. I'm honestly not trying to come across mean.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    jdbii likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:36 PM
    What's cheerlead? (I know what a cheerleader is in sports, but is that excessive use of the buttons?)
    lol i never could spell, but technology just makes it worse. i knew it wasn't a word when i posted since the spell checker was telling me it wasn't a word, but i just decided to barge ahead with brute force and use it anyway.
    05-09-2013 09:38 PM
    When someone is in a discussion with someone and another person is like, "yeah! You tell them!"
    It was mostly suppose to be a joke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    jdbii likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:39 PM
    From FB

"BOSTON, 4/19 - National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage also blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange. Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.

Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat. Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large."

All of this transpired on April the 19th and 20th, in the year 1775.
    You can tell it takes about the entire article to tell that it is just a recount of what happened.
    Hopefully you'll see now that these Libertarians/Extremists aren't so extreme after all.
    They're actually pretty logical.
    Aquila and Serial Fordicator like this.
    05-09-2013 10:22 PM
4,617 ... 8990919293 ...