07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    Anyone with an ax to grind could plan a false flag operation at an event like this. All it would take is a few well placed shots. As for exactly who would do it, that's hard to say I guess we'd just have to look at who would have the most to gain from it.

Instead of the police department threatening that the officers will not back down, etc. They should be discussing the best way to ensure that things don't go south as they say.

Personally I think the event will be cancelled for one reason or another, from what I have heard there are supposed to be about 3000 people signed up on this guys FB page saying they will attend, or very few people will actually show up.
    Thank you!

As I said earlier, it need not take a gunshot, a firecracker could do the trick. And it wouldn't need to be planned, it could well just be unfortunate.

Threats? Already happened. A group has threatened to violate the law. With weapons. I expect law enforcement to behave professionally but firmly.

I do agree this probably won't happen.
    Worst case it will, but not as planned.

Maybe a silver lining will be a sober reevaluation and agreements for gun control, of some form or another.

We can't seem to have a national discussion without the gun lobby getting 'up in arms' or 'going ballistic'. I'll stop with the puns because I don't want to 'beat a dead horse'. I am sure there are laws about beating a dead horse.

Finally, the paragraph above was only crafted to get to that last sentence.

You're welcome.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    05-12-2013 12:21 AM
    And here's the third wish:

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own butter)
    Wut

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-12-2013 12:29 AM
    I'll stop with the puns because I don't want to 'beat a dead horse'. I am sure there are laws about beating a dead horse.

Finally, the paragraph above was only crafted to get to that last sentence.

You're welcome.
    LoL
    rexxman likes this.
    05-12-2013 12:32 AM
    Apologies for not being active in this thread after starting it. The most recent update is that The Pirate Bay put up the files after the Department of Defense had the original files pulled. Here's TPB's statement:

TPB has for close to 10 years been operating without taking down one single torrent due to pressure from the outside. And it will never start doing that, a senior insider told TorrentFreak news portal. [...] The problem is not the object but what you do with it. Just as with a cooking knife.
    via RT News.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-13-2013 12:49 AM
    Just for clarification. The sleeve concept is an insert that fits into the barrel. Many weapons have sleeves
    to either refresh a worn barrel or to change the caliber. In the plastic gun model a metal sleeve would do two things,
    increase barrel life and increase accuracy. You could also endure increased chamber pressures but only to the
    limit of the breach and frame. I did not realize until later that he had a bag of barrels. World is getting stranger by the minute.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-13-2013 07:14 AM
    I think the officers really shouldn't back down, carrying in their city is illegal and if they make exceptions for this case, why would it not be okay for an actual criminal? That being said, they don't need to puff out their chests about it, it's true they could reach out and perhaps suggest a more sane location, such as in Virginia.

If you think about it, even if it's peaceful, every one of them could have their weapons confiscated on the spot and could be charged with a (or several) crime(s) which, if convicted, depending on what they're charged with, could result in their access to purchasing or owning firearms being revoked, which in turn starts the confiscation debate because at that point it'd be absolutely legal to require that they turn over their firearms. That's why I was saying earlier, even if nothing goes wrong, it's 100% peaceful and they're all arrested, etc. with no problems, it still accomplishes absolutely nothing positive.
    Yep. I bet they don't show up for this reason, but will state it is because of other reasons. We'll see.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    05-13-2013 07:36 AM
    Can only shake my head...

Every week is something else....
    Aquila and geekymcfly like this.
    05-13-2013 07:59 AM
    I didn't hear about this one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-13-2013 01:57 PM
    Yep, in New Orleans yesterday. Check any news site. Three shooters, approximately 19 shot.
    05-13-2013 02:19 PM
    Sad and lame.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    jdbii likes this.
    05-13-2013 02:25 PM
    Can only shake my head...

Every week is something else....
    Agreed. Senseless. Disturbing.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Aquila and jdbii like this.
    05-13-2013 05:57 PM
    I can't believe how far we've fallen as a nation. We're literally destroying ourselves, and yet nobody is willing to agree on the causes and do anything about it.
    geekymcfly likes this.
    05-13-2013 07:04 PM
    It's because the shock factor is no longer there. Time marches on to the next (nowadays expected) senseless tragedy, coming soon, to a city or town near you ....
    05-13-2013 07:11 PM
    I can't believe how far we've fallen as a nation. We're literally destroying ourselves, and yet nobody is willing to agree on the causes and do anything about it.
    And we are at an all time low for violent crimes in the US. Don't believe everything the media feeds you, chief.

Straight from the FBI
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...tables/table-1

http://www.policymic.com/articles/22...n-all-time-low

another one showing gun control is a joke
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...th-gun-control
    05-13-2013 07:28 PM
    If you check deaths per hundred thousand you will find America to be one of the safest countries on earth. All of the South American countries
    beat us by a factor of 10. Conveniently noone ever talks about that. Also more children drown in swimming pools each year than are killed by firearms.

Getting the truth about anything is really the challenge these days.
    05-14-2013 07:13 AM
    If you check deaths per hundred thousand you will find America to be one of the safest countries on earth. All of the South American countries
    beat us by a factor of 10. Conveniently noone ever talks about that. Also more children drown in swimming pools each year than are killed by firearms.

Getting the truth about anything is really the challenge these days.
    Finally someone with a brain.

Love
    05-14-2013 07:42 AM
    Uh, children drowning accidently in swimming pools isn't slightly different than getting gunned down in cold blood by a cowardly killer? Or do I just not have a brain? Hmm, I thought I was smarter than this.
    05-14-2013 08:02 AM
    Leaving work to go get an I. Q. test right now... I hope they take walk-ins...
    05-14-2013 08:09 AM
    And we are at an all time low for violent crimes in the US. Don't believe everything the media feeds you, chief.
    And so... you don't believe that there have been horrific acts carried out with growing frequency in the past two decades? It must be nice to live in your little world.
    05-14-2013 11:40 AM
    I checked. The USA is safer then some, but to call it the safest in the world is not correct. One Wikipedia list, referenced by a number of articles, places the USA 57th in a list of 75 countries. That list included most of the most violent countries. As for all the other South American countries having 10x the USA rate, I can't verify that. Not even close.
    BTW, the safest country is Japan. Doma arigato.

Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:56 AM
    Anything that restricts or curtails a Constitutionally-approved anything is a violation of the Constitution (by definition) and is therefore unconstitutional (again, by definition) so I would have no problems ignoring any such unconstitutional and therefore unenforcible law. If the cops didn't like it, then let them shoot and kill me, and let my death and blood be upon their hands.
    05-14-2013 12:12 PM
    And so... you don't believe that there have been horrific acts carried out with growing frequency in the past two decades? It must be nice to live in your little world.
    The way social media, the instant connection mobile devices provide, and ultimately the agendas the mainstream news agencies want to push, if you choose to ignore clear statistics, then I cannot cure that level of ignorance.

And I live and go to law school in Detroit, don't pretend you know what little world I live in...
    05-14-2013 01:00 PM
    What am i supposed to think when you post about the 400+ guns you have in and around your house with safes on every floor, a gun room in the basement, a safe in your truck, a safe on your bike, and how your daughter can break down an AR in so many seconds. What is anyone to think?!

See the world through others eyes for one. Jeez.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    Some one is over reacting!
    Aren't you supposed to be misunderstood?

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    Pretty much!
    That I store my firearms in a safe and responsible manner. That I have taught my daughter to properly service her weapon.

I stated I have owned over 400 guns during my life, not currently. I have some things going on this weekend, but I could probably get you an accurate count by the middle of next week.
    Right! I was thinking that you know how to store a firearm, and you taught your daughter how to responsibly use a firearm. Some people need to get educated!
    05-14-2013 01:48 PM
    How are you intimidated just by one or more than one person who happens to be carrying a loaded firearm. Especially if they are not making any threatening moves against you or anyone else.
    I know, right! I don't put any credit into what she says, it's a Damn joke!
    05-14-2013 02:06 PM
    I know, right! I don't put any credit into what she says, it's a Damn joke!
    You just don't understand.

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own towel)
    05-14-2013 02:09 PM
4,617 ... 9293949596 ...