07-14-2014 07:46 AM
4,617 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    Yep, i live in Atlanta.
    Kennesaw is only about a half hour north of here.

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own Babycakes)
    05-28-2013 10:04 AM
    Yep, i live in Atlanta.
    Kennesaw is only about a half hour north of here.

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own Babycakes)
    I need to move to Kennesaw.
    05-28-2013 10:15 AM
    05-28-2013 11:05 AM
    It's been a busy few weeks for us here so I have been posting less, there are several posts I do want to address when I have the time. In the spirit of the current conversation though I am sure that most of you have heard about the woman in Oregon who's ex B/F was trying to force his way into her apartment. When she called 911 the operator told her that due to budget cuts there were no officers on duty. Then the woman asked the operator what she should the she was told to ask her ex to leave. I will add a link to the story soon.

Too many times I have left this post window open to get a link and then come back to find my work gone.

Here's the link, some members may have an issue with thou source provided, but certainly we can read the article and are intelligent enough to filter out any political slant the site may have applied to the story.

Oregon Woman Told by 911 'There are no cops available...Just ask him to go away' Right Before She Was Sexually Assaulted | The Daily Sheeple
    05-28-2013 11:34 AM
    What do you expect. Historically speaking we are a masculine dominated culture. We afford more luxuries and expect less of men then we do women. The above is just another example of a society that is stuck in the 50s. Those police officers should be fired for their abhorrent lack of interest in a rather serious offense that obviously deserved their full attention.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-28-2013 01:26 PM
    What do you expect. Historically speaking we are a masculine dominated culture. We afford more luxuries and expect less of men then we do women. The above is just another example of a society that is stuck in the 50s. Those police officers should be fired for their abhorrent lack of interest in a rather serious offense that obviously deserved their full attention.

Lol. I've never heard the phrases, "my wife changed my oil yesterday." Or "I need a couple of women to help move these heavy boxes."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2013 01:45 PM
    It's a lot less than 2.5 million a year killed intentionally by firearms, at least in the United States. I'm too lazy to pull up the FBI website, but it's closer to 8,500, with 300 being rifles of any type.
    Edit: and most of those deaths are drug and gang related..
    That was 2.5 million people that are going to die per year in the US from anything, approximately 12,000 of which will die from intentional gunshot wounds.
    05-28-2013 01:49 PM
    Lol. I've never heard the phrases, "my wife changed my oil yesterday." Or "I need a couple of women to help move these heavy boxes."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I am going to assume that is a joke in poor humor. I change my own oil, I can replace a flat without help, and more times then not, my husband needs me to help him carry heavy objects. Sexist jokes aren't funny.

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.
    GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    05-28-2013 01:50 PM
    Not to mention that there was absolutely nothing funny about the situation in which he was referring to. I wonder how the cops would have responded had she shot him out of self defense.

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-28-2013 01:57 PM
    I am going to assume that is a joke in poor humor. I change my own oil, I can replace a flat without help, and more times then not, my husband needs me to help him carry heavy objects. Sexist jokes aren't funny.

I disagree. I think its hilarious when men are portrayed as morons and complete imbeciles on every sitcom or commercial. And yes, it was a joke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2013 02:15 PM
    8,583 homicides by firearms in 2011, the latest year that the data is available for.
    I think the suicides by firearm are double that number. As I said before, even if you remove the gun, people are still going to kill themselves.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
    05-28-2013 02:36 PM
    I change my own oil, I can replace a flat without help
    That's pretty hot.

The heavy lifting makes me feel a bit emasculated but I can give a little to take a lot.
    05-28-2013 02:55 PM
    My wife can drive the hell out of a manual... growing up in NYC, i never had to learn, so i have no idea how.

05-28-2013 02:59 PM
    My wife can drive the hell out of a manual... growing up in NYC, i never had to learn, so i have no idea how.

The first vehicle I learned to drive was a 5 speed. I can drive one if need be, but I don't prefer it.

05-28-2013 03:08 PM
    The first vehicle I learned to drive was a 5 speed. I can drive one if need be, but I don't prefer it.

I'm too old to shift anymore. I blame rush hour.
    05-28-2013 03:24 PM
    It's been a busy few weeks for us here so I have been posting less, there are several posts I do want to address when I have the time. In the spirit of the current conversation though I am sure that most of you have heard about the woman in Oregon who's ex B/F was trying to force his way into her apartment. When she called 911 the operator told her that due to budget cuts there were no officers on duty. Then the woman asked the operator what she should the she was told to ask her ex to leave. I will add a link to the story soon.

Too many times I have left this post window open to get a link and then come back to find my work gone.

Here's the link, some members may have an issue with thou source provided, but certainly we can read the article and are intelligent enough to filter out any political slant the site may have applied to the story.

Oregon Woman Told by 911 'There are no cops available...Just ask him to go away' Right Before She Was Sexually Assaulted | The Daily Sheeple
    I live in Oregon. This incident happened last August. Here is a link to the story on Public Radio or Oregon Public Broadcasting Josephine County Tax Levy Would Add Deputies, Fund The Jail News OPB

The special law enforcement levy was voted on just last week and it failed (unless looking at the wrong election results). I'm in Portland, and Josephine County is down near the California border.
    05-28-2013 03:40 PM

That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen!
    05-28-2013 03:58 PM

But there were no cops on duty...
    jdbii likes this.
    05-28-2013 04:00 PM
    O
    Well said.

I say enforce the Second Amendment. Let everyone have a gun, and see what happens to street violence. I'm willing to bet that if the gang member thought that the average citizen might be carrying that day, said gang member would back off. After all, where does the Second Amendment require background checks? I just hate that the street thugs can go to the local street corner and buy a gun, whereas us law abiding citizens have to wait, often upwards of a month, just to get a gun.
    So let's see...you complain about needing guns to fight off criminals, but then want to drop background checks so criminals can get guns even easier. And let all the crazies get them too. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. What a great idea.

Why does everyone always ignore the "well regulated" part of the second amendment?
    05-28-2013 05:34 PM
    O

... complain about needing guns to fight off criminals, but then want to drop background checks so criminals can get guns even easier. And let all the crazies get them too. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. What a great idea.
    Why does this always need to be spelled out? Criminals and crazies don't buy guns legally, they don't even necessarily buy them at all (probably steal them). If they do buy them, they buy it on the black market.
    Background checks have little to do with the equation.

05-28-2013 05:46 PM
    I wonder how many people are rejected from a firearm purchase due to failing a background check. I mean, I wouldn't even apply if I knew I wouldn't pass. But then again most criminals are stupid.
    05-28-2013 05:49 PM
    I wonder how many people are rejected from a firearm purchase due to failing a background check. I mean, I wouldn't even apply if I knew I wouldn't pass. But then again most criminals are stupid.
    The guy at my local store told me you'd be surprised at how many lie. He said he's turned a many over to the atf.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    jdbii likes this.
    05-28-2013 05:53 PM
    Why does this always need to be spelled out? Criminals and crazies don't buy guns legally, they don't even necessarily buy them at all (probably steal them). If they do buy them, they buy it on the black market.
    Background checks have little to do with the equation.

Yes, they don't buy them legally, because they CAN'T. Take off all the background checks and watch what happens. Chaos.

It's amazing to me that people understand the need for driver's test for licenses, and checks to make sure you are eligible to get a passport, but when it comes to using a deadly weapon, some think there shouldn't be any hoops to jump through at all. That's just insane.
    05-28-2013 06:24 PM
    Yes, they don't buy them legally, because they CAN'T. Take off all the background checks and watch what happens. Chaos.

It's amazing to me that people understand the need for driver's test for licenses, and checks to make sure you are eligible to get a passport, but when it comes to using a deadly weapon, some think there shouldn't be any hoops to jump through at all. That's just insane.
    I never said there shouldn't be any hoops to jump through, of course that's imperative. But crazies and criminals specialize in avoiding hoops, so don't put so much emphasis on THOSE hoops, that everything else gets lost in the shuffle.

And you say they don't buy them legally because "they can't".
    NO. They don't buy them legally because THEY DON'T WANT A PAPER TRAIL.

05-28-2013 06:33 PM
    Feel like this thread and letter to Diane should be merged.... same debate.
    05-28-2013 06:34 PM
4,617 ... 979899100101 ...