08-19-2016 03:03 PM
558 1234 ...
tools
    For anyone else interested: msndrstood, you can bookmark for future use. Just make sure you are using the method for your device and build number. GalaxyNote2Root.com - Your source for Galaxy Note 2 rooting, custom ROMs, and more!
    Thanks Golfdriver!

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 09:52 AM
    That's Golfdriver!

Sent via Note II
    No sweat. He reviews ROMs too, so you get a peek without actually flashing.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-29-2013 11:42 AM
    It still sounds a little complicated. Not horribly so, but still a risk. And since my Note is still under warranty, I'll probably research the Gnex first.

For some strange reason, I'm more comfortable tearing down a desktop box than I am dealing with software. Go figure.

Ironically, I have that Note 2 forum on my TT app, I've just never done anything with it.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 11:53 AM
    Just thought i'd pipe in, female here. : )
    msndrstood, Aquila and petaf like this.
    08-29-2013 11:57 AM
    Hi All

I am big when it comes to tech. I am coming from an s3 and now have the HTC One which is a great phone. The non-removable battery don't bother me considering I had an iPhone. Coming from an s3 and being able to pop in a sd don't bother me either. I use cloud storage. It all works out for me. I also have an s4 and looking to get the Moto X

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    08-29-2013 11:59 AM
    I have to say to the AC women who've posted so far, welcome!

It's good to come out of the shadows, isn't it?

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:32 PM
    For the guys... I'm looking at you Fairclough...

No Constitutional amendments needed.

We're equal opportunity nerds.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila and MERCDROID like this.
    08-29-2013 12:35 PM
    TT double post, again.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:36 PM
    Hi all! Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am an engineer and love my tech toys.

Currently have HTC Rezound (Verizon) which I will be upgrading soon. I was considering the Droid Maxx or HTC One, but now I think I will wait for the LG G2. I also have a Nexus 4 (T-mobile), Nexus 7 2012, iPad 3 and Kindle Fire HD 8.9.

Glad to see there are other women who are into Android and active on the forum.
    Hi Sheba, what type of Engineer are you? Fascinating field, I would imagine. Mine was medicine, retired for 11 years, but I still miss it terribly.

Welcome to the Women of AC!

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:39 PM
    Thanks Golfdriver!

Sent via Note II

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:41 PM
    Just thought i'd pipe in, female here. : )
    Hi Paisley, welcome to the Women of AC.

What devices do you have and how involved are you with rooting and romming and similar nerdy things?

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:43 PM
    Hi All

I am big when it comes to tech. I am coming from an s3 and now have the HTC One which is a great phone. The non-removable battery don't bother me considering I had an iPhone. Coming from an s3 and being able to pop in a sd don't bother me either. I use cloud storage. It all works out for me. I also have an s4 and looking to get the Moto X

Hi April and welcome!

Which HTC One do you have? And S4?

Yeah, I'm nosy, lol. Really just a very curious person.

I came from the Gnex and had pretty much settled on the S4, but there was a problem with my order and it got cancelled so I went back to Best Buy for another touchy feely and decided the Note 2 was better for me all the way around. I couldn't be happier.

If I thought the Gnex was attached to my hip, I've found the Note to be a fifth appendage, lol. I love it. I regularly average 8-9 OS hours. And I have two 6500 extended batteries.

I guess that's called obsession.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 12:50 PM
    Hi Paisley, welcome to the Women of AC.

What devices do you have and how involved are you with rooting and romming and similar nerdy things?

Sent via Note II
    I have a very beloved Palm Pre, which i had to give up last week b/c i need to see bike paths, frustatingly on a freakin' motorola admiral right now while waiting for Sprint to come out with the Moto X. Women of Android Central-wall.gif

not involved with anything too technical, no rooting, no romming. Used to fiddle around with my pre with homebrews but that's about it. Not necessarily too much nerdy stuff, except writing spreadsheets for fun and spending pretty much all day and all night in front of a computer just cuz and do stped quite a bit of time on Home - PubMed - NCBI. lol. But usually related to all things chemical/biological relating to cosmetics and beauty/ I am eagerly awaiting the day i can have a robot and the time is just not coming soon enough. grrrrrr.
    08-29-2013 01:19 PM
    I have a very beloved Palm Pre, which i had to give up last week b/c i need to see bike paths, frustatingly on a freakin' motorola admiral right now while waiting for Sprint to come out with the Moto X. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	78616

not involved with anything too technical, no rooting, no romming. Used to fiddle around with my pre with homebrews but that's about it. Not necessarily too much nerdy stuff, except writing spreadsheets for fun and spending pretty much all day and all night in front of a computer just cuz and do stped quite a bit of time on Home - PubMed - NCBI. lol. But usually related to all things chemical/biological relating to cosmetics and beauty/ I am eagerly awaiting the day i can have a robot and the time is just not coming soon enough. grrrrrr.
    Aah, I know Pubmed well, one of my go to sites for citations and obscure research. I always liked the technical aspect of medicine/biology, did some lab work years ago, but mainly, I was involved in critical care nursing which involved a bit of tech in the 80's and more so in the 90's. Since I've been retired for 11 years, it's a brave new world in medicine and I would probably be lost for a day or so, but I think I could figure it out pretty quickly.

And, I wonder if the guys get as attached to their tech like we do. Hopefully, one or more of them will chime in on that one. It may be an interesting discussion on the phones we've loved and lost.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 01:45 PM
    Hi April and welcome!

Which HTC One do you have? And S4?

Yeah, I'm nosy, lol. Really just a very curious person.

I came from the Gnex and had pretty much settled on the S4, but there was a problem with my order and it got cancelled so I went back to Best Buy for another touchy feely and decided the Note 2 was better for me all the way around. I couldn't be happier.

If I thought the Gnex was attached to my hip, I've found the Note to be a fifth appendage, lol. I love it. I regularly average 8-9 OS hours. And I have two 6500 extended batteries.

I guess that's called obsession.

Sent via Note II
    I picked-up the One Saturday. Pushed my s4 to the side. Lol

I still have my very old Nexus One. I loved that phone. I love all Nexus devices. This wknd I'm going to pick-up a Nexus 7. The Note 2 is a good phone but too big for my hands.

08-29-2013 01:51 PM
    I am getting my husband the Moto X in April when he's due for an upgrade. That is, unless the new Nexus is on Sprint this time. I skipped the N4 due to the GSM issue. I'm hoping the N5, or whatever it'll be named, will be available on Sprint. I might have to do some serious decision making between that and the Moto X. All my husband wants is strong 3G and 4G radios. That will ultimately be the deciding factor since, cough, it will be his phone. Cough. Cough.

Sent via Note II
    April920 and nolittdroid like this.
    08-29-2013 02:16 PM
    Hi Sheba, what type of Engineer are you? Fascinating field, I would imagine. Mine was medicine, retired for 11 years, but I still miss it terribly.

Welcome to the Women of AC!

Sent via Note II
    I am an EE currently working in aerospace in southern, sunny CA.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope more women will join our club.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    08-29-2013 03:11 PM
    I am an EE currently working in aerospace in southern, sunny CA.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope more women will join our club.
    Cool. I see lots and lots of schematics in your future.

My dad was in electronics at Martin Marietta during the late 40s through the 60s. So I kinda know where you're coming from.

We're glad you're here!

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 04:05 PM
    Ahh. The Nexus One. Sigh. I'd probably still be using it if it hadn't seriously run out of internal space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2013 04:20 PM
    That is another Nexus I don't have. I have looked for them on eBay, just so I can collect the entire family, but I haven't gotten there yet. I had 2 BB before the NS4G, so my introduction to Android began with a Nexus.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    08-29-2013 04:29 PM
    Hello I'm Noelle from NY, amateur tech nerd!

✌SG3/iPad2
    08-29-2013 08:31 PM
    Hello I'm Noelle from NY, amateur tech nerd!

✌SG3/iPad2
    Hey Noelle, I recognize your screen name! I'm Deb and welcome! Tell us about your device(s), everyone is curious I'm sure.

Sent via Note II
    nolittdroid likes this.
    08-29-2013 10:43 PM
    I had Sprint just left on Saturday. I have 4G in my area, once I leave the area 4G was extremely slow. I decided to try out T mobile which is working well for me.

msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2013 10:45 PM
    I live in the boonies, so no 4G for me yet, a location map shows it on the next hill over from us, but it doesn't reach us.

I'm with Sprint and get better reception here than with Att. There is no T mobile service within 30 miles of me. I was with VZ years ago but their service wasn't great in our valley. Sprint, ironically, is the best for us.

Sent via Note II
    08-29-2013 11:22 PM
    I live in the boonies, so no 4G for me yet, a location map shows it on the next hill over from us, but it doesn't reach us.

I'm with Sprint and get better reception here than with Att. There is no T mobile service within 30 miles of me. I was with VZ years ago but their service wasn't great in our valley. Sprint, ironically, is the best for us.

Sent via Note II
    Would go broke with any other company. I use on average 3 GB of data. Last month was 6.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2013 11:38 PM
558 1234 ...