08-19-2016 03:03 PM
558 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Thanks techie, we're glad you're here!

I wanted to bring the women out of the shadows. I suspect there is a fair amount on AC.

The guys that have posted here are cool, we have some pretty interesting conversations on some other threads. I hope they'll stick around.

If you or anyone else that has posted wants to discuss anything in particular, feel free to go right ahead. We hope you'll stick around and get to know the rest of us.

Sent via Note II
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-02-2013 09:15 AM
    OK let's get something started. Assuming you could upgrade now, and all rumored devices were available, what would you get?

I would have a hard time deciding between Moto X and LG G2.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    09-02-2013 09:31 AM
    Yh. The LG G2 sounds pretty cool.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-02-2013 09:34 AM
    Moto X and Note 3.

I'll get my husband the Moto X in April. I'll have to see the Note 3, I'm not crazy about those leaked photos of the square Note 3, I like my phones curvy.

If course there's always the Nexus 5 or whatever it'll be called. I love the Nexus line but if it's not on CDMA, it's a no go for me.

And considering my Note 2 is only 3 months old, it's just a daydream for me. Although the N4 drop in price is very tempting, just because. . I'd use it as a Wi-Fi device. You know, just to add to my Nexus collection. Smh.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 10:02 AM
    Would any of u ever consider upgrading to an iphone?
    09-02-2013 10:10 AM
    Personally, no. I played with one for about half an hour while waiting at a Sprint store, and did not like how I couldn't do almost anything I could think of on my S3. Mainly digging around the files, forced to use the app drawer, cluttered app screens, etc.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-02-2013 10:15 AM
    Hi new to android central thanks for the women's section. I don't have very many tech toys but I do love tech. I just had this sprint phone flashed to Pageplus. Verizon is the only carrier that works for me way out here and with pp I can get it for less than half the price. Looking forward to learning from all the techies here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Women of Android Central-uploadfromtaptalk1378136403342.jpg  
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:42 AM
    Hi new to android central thanks for the women's section. I don't have very many tech toys but I do love tech. I just had this sprint phone flashed to Pageplus. Verizon is the only carrier that works for me way out here and with pp I can get it for less than half the price. Looking forward to learning from all the techies here.

Welcome to the forums!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:57 AM
    I'm with golf, my son and my sister in law both have iPhone 4S, to me they are pretty boring. I'm not a fan of the Apple ecosystem. I'll give them props for some of their innovation, but I think they're stuck in 2010 with their design. Plus I really didn't like Steve Jobs. At all.

Both my son and my SIL are upgrading in October, my son; an S4 and my SIL; a Note 2 or 3.

Sent via Note II
    FishenFool likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:59 AM

Welcome Gbsa! We're glad you joined us. You don't have to have a lot of tech toys to have fun with what you've got. There are so many cool tips and tricks on here. There's always something new to learn.

I love your screens, Steampunk fan here, we'll have to share wallpapers, I have a few.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 11:02 AM
    I'm with golf, my son and my sister in law both have iPhone 4S, to me they are pretty boring. I'm not a fan of the Apple ecosystem. I'll give them props for some of their innovation, but I think they're stuck in 2010 with their design. Plus I really didn't like Steve Jobs. At all.

Both my son and my SIL are upgrading in October, my son; an S4 and my SIL; a Note 2 or 3.

Sent via Note II
    I concur. When I was in the market to find something to replace my aging Pre Plus (only kept it so long for Classic and Pocket Quicken) I spent more time playing with iPhone 5 than both the GS3 & HTC One X combined, but I just hated the experience & the thought of iTunes made me cringe. I picked the GS3 & love it. Made the switch from Palm because I saw the writing on the wall and knew that Quicken 2013 had mobile for both Android & IOS. Didn't pull the trigger on Quicken because I read of its many problems with mobile, but discovered Pocket Money Android & Pocket Money Desktop and love it. Exported everything from Quicken then imported to Pocket Money and now sync between the phone and computer so I have a backup in case the phone crashes. Only thing I really miss from Palm Pre Plus is Homebrew and the massively better theming available in webOS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-02-2013 11:25 AM
    Welcome Gbsa! We're glad you joined us. You don't have to have a lot of tech toys to have fun with what you've got. There are so many cool tips and tricks on here. There's always something new to learn.

I love your screens, Steampunk fan here, we'll have to share wallpapers, I have a few.

Sent via Note II
    She's called the swamp witch don't remember where I got her from but it's the one I use the most

09-02-2013 11:37 AM
    I concur. When I was in the market to find something to replace my aging Pre Plus (only kept it so long for Classic and Pocket Quicken) I spent more time playing with iPhone 5 than both the GS3 & HTC One X combined, but I just hated the experience & the thought of iTunes made me cringe. I picked the GS3 & love it. Made the switch from Palm because I saw the writing on the wall and knew that Quicken 2013 had mobile for both Android & IOS. Didn't pull the trigger on Quicken because I read of its many problems with mobile, but discovered Pocket Money Android & Pocket Money Desktop and love it. Exported everything from Quicken then imported to Pocket Money and now sync between the phone and computer so I have a backup in case the phone crashes. Only thing I really miss from Palm Pre Plus is Homebrew and the massively better theming available in webOS.

Hey Fishinfool, glad you're here! What type of fishing do you do? I haven't been fishing in years, and never caught much, but it was relaxing.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 11:54 AM
    I would consider upgrading to an iphone when or if they up the specs. Id really like to see an aluminum and glass chassis, 5" display, 1080p minimum, maybe some more cores and a fast(er) processor, also, a higher capacity battery without bulking the device up too much. I really like the looks of ios7, as well. But who knows
    09-02-2013 11:59 AM
    I have a problem not being able to change the battery, as previously noted I suffer from BPS.

Battery Paranoid Syndrome.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 12:15 PM
    Thanks techie, we're glad you're here!

I wanted to bring the women out of the shadows. I suspect there is a fair amount on AC.

The guys that have posted here are cool, we have some pretty interesting conversations on some other threads. I hope they'll stick around.

If you or anyone else that has posted wants to discuss anything in particular, feel free to go right ahead. We hope you'll stick around and get to know the rest of us.

Sent via Note II
    I definitely will be hanging out here. Looks like fun and I love learning more all the time

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 4
    09-02-2013 12:55 PM
    Hey Fishinfool, glad you're here! What type of fishing do you do? I haven't been fishing in years, and never caught much, but it was relaxing.

Sent via Note II
    Mainly whatever is biting. You know the definition of fishing is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk from the other.
    My favorite thing to fish for is Trout. They get stocked every 2 weeks from November to April in city park lakes here in Phoenix so I can go some place as close as 2 miles away. They also stock Channel Catfish every 2 weeks the rest of the year except from mid June til mid September due to the high heat. Also enjoy Fly Fishing in mountain streams but it costs for the gas to get there and is more work (I'm usually more like the old farts you see fishing on the pier that have everything but the kitchen sink with them so they can relax and be comfortable while getting skunked).

msndrstood, petaf and nolittdroid like this.
    09-02-2013 01:10 PM
    OK let's get something started. Assuming you could upgrade now, and all rumored devices were available, what would you get?

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Nexus 4!

✌SG3/iPad2
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-02-2013 01:23 PM

Sent from my SPH-L710
    I'd love the Ubuntu phone, big Linux fan for awhile now.

msndrstood and nolittdroid like this.
    09-02-2013 01:34 PM
    Howdy Ladies!

Great meeting fellow female techies.
    09-02-2013 01:43 PM
    Howdy Ladies!

Great meeting fellow female techies.
    Hi Geekmaxie!

Glad you came to join us, we're just getting started. Feel free to start a discussion, currently were discussing what phone we're looking forward to getting next. Lol

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 02:04 PM
    Mainly whatever is biting. You know the definition of fishing is a here at one end of the line waiting for a here from the other.
    My favorite thing to fish for is Trout. They get stocked every 2 weeks from November to April in city park lakes here in Phoenix so I can go some place as close as 2 miles away. They also stock Channel Catfish every 2 weeks the rest of the year except from mid June til mid September due to the high heat. Also enjoy Fly Fishing in mountain streams but it costs for the gas to get there and is more work (I'm usually more like the old facts you see fishing on the pier that have everything but the kitchen sink with them so they can relax and be comfortable while getting skunked).

That's my kind of fishing, no stress. We have a couple stocked trout streams within walking distance of our house, we're in the boonies so there aren't many piers around here, most people just sit on their coolers on the bank of the creek and drink a six pack or two. We also have the Susquehanna River close by. The Chesapeake Bay area is where we grew up, so we are die hard steamed crab fans too.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 02:07 PM
    I too would love to try a ubuntu phone

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 4
    09-02-2013 02:32 PM
    I haven't been fishing since I moved away from Arkansas. We used to go all the time. The Mississippi River was a five minute drive, and lots of stocked park lakes. My husband and I went fishing instead of going to prom our senior year :-P
    09-02-2013 02:56 PM
    I haven't been fishing since I moved away from Arkansas. We used to go all the time. The Mississippi River was a five minute drive, and lots of stocked park lakes. My husband and I went fishing instead of going to prom our senior year :-P
    That sounds like a whole lot more fun than going to the prom! We didn't go either, It was kinda silly to go to the prom when we'd been married for two years already. Kinda anticlimactic.

Sent via Note II
    09-02-2013 03:02 PM
558 ... 23456 ...