08-19-2016 03:03 PM
558 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I don't have an N7. I don't have any of my devices rooted, I'm chicken, lol. I have other reasons too, maybe at some point I'll get the nerve.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    09-04-2013 07:14 AM
    I'm not rooted because I brought my phone in to be replaced for a completely unrelated issue and they gave me a hard time. I'm on my parents Verizon plan (its SO much cheaper lol) and my mom won't let me! Lolol.

I experiment with new launchers but I wish I could get rid of the bloat/ads.

✌SG3/iPad2
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2013 10:31 AM
    I'm not rooted because I brought my phone in to be replaced for a completely unrelated issue and they gave me a hard time. I'm on my parents Verizon plan (its SO much cheaper lol) and my mom won't let me! Lolol.

I experiment with new launchers but I wish I could get rid of the bloat/ads.

✌SG3/iPad2
    You can disable some: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-required.html

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    msndrstood and nolittdroid like this.
    09-04-2013 11:21 AM
    Well I am having one heck of a time with thing search for a launcher for changing the lock s teen. Any help or suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking for launchers for both my n7 2013 and the Asus memo pad (did I tell you girls I got at Kmart on close out for 66 Bucko's. I couldn't pass it up. No will power).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2013 06:03 PM
    Here is a few pix of the ponds in my back yard, that I am looking at well scanning the forums

And one of Cappy too

Like his Mohawk???

Aquila, msndrstood and almath like this.
    09-04-2013 06:11 PM
    That's a great Mohawk! :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    09-04-2013 06:38 PM
    Here's my Bear! Women of Android Central-1378338378185.jpg

09-04-2013 06:46 PM
    Kami the Kitty after a bath.

Women of Android Central-uploadfromtaptalk1378345117847.jpg

Not a happy Kami the Kitty.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    09-04-2013 08:39 PM
    Kami the Kitty after a bath.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378345117847.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	79455

Not a happy Kami the Kitty.

Sent via Note II
    MEERKAT! omgosh
    09-04-2013 08:44 PM
    Well I am having one heck of a time with thing search for a launcher for changing the lock s teen. Any help or suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking for launchers for both my n7 2013 and the Asus memo pad (did I tell you girls I got at Kmart on close out for 66 Bucko's. I couldn't pass it up. No will power).

What a sweet deal!

Did you do a search in the Play Store for 'Lockers'? There's a bunch of them. Most of the time they're a theme and you can't use your own picture though. But they do have different locker types.

Sent via Note II
    09-04-2013 08:44 PM

Try Magic Locker in the Play Store, you can use your own custom wallpaper. I couldn't link to it on here but just do a search for it.

Sent via Note II
    09-04-2013 08:58 PM
    Also, Widget Locker is a good one, using on my N2. You can pick your wallpaper.

msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:06 PM
    Hello ladies, I've been lurking on AC for a very long time, I noticed this thread and wanted to jump in. I am the domestic engineer in our house, if it's mechanical or technical I fix it. My dh is very good at his profession but gets very frustrated with tech devices and the computer's so it's up to me to keep things running smoothly and know how to use these devices so that I can teach him lol. We both carry droid dna's.

Ciao
    msndrstood, Aquila, petaf and 1 others like this.
    09-04-2013 11:18 PM
    Hello ladies, I've been lurking on AC for a very long time, I noticed this thread and wanted to jump in. I am the domestic engineer in our house, if it's mechanical or technical I fix it. My dh is very good at his profession but gets very frustrated with tech devices and the computer's so it's up to me to keep things running smoothly and know how to use these devices so that I can teach him lol. We both carry droid dna's.

Ciao
    Welcome evergreen! We're glad you came out of the shadows! Feel free to jump in with any comment or question.

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    09-05-2013 01:01 AM
    Thanks everyone for the info...will give them a shot. I downloaded a few go launcherx, go locker but still playing with them and trying to figure them out.

Love the pictures too..bear is adorable and kitty is looking a little ticked after the bath

petaf likes this.
    09-05-2013 06:26 AM
    Here is a few pix of the ponds in my back yard, that I am looking at well scanning the forumshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/05/bu6u9uqe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/05/dajavage.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/05/6a4ypyqy.jpg

And one of Cappy too

Like his Mohawk???
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/05/u2y5eha4.jpg

Nice back yard. Can you be my landscaper?

Sent via Note II
    09-05-2013 08:13 AM
    Thank you. I do all of it myself. I would be glad to help if you were close byB-)

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:20 AM
    What a sweet deal!

Did you do a search in the Play Store for 'Lockers'? There's a bunch of them. Most of the time they're a theme and you can't use your own picture though. But they do have different locker types.

Sent via Note II
    Yea that is what I thought. Thinking of rooting it for the fun of it.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:22 AM
    What a sweet deal!

Sent via Note II
    WidgetLocker allows you to use whatever wallpaper you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:41 AM
    Go Locker also allows you to use any picture you want.

sent from my still awesome Galaxy Nexus
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2013 10:54 AM
    "Artsy" shot of my cat. Not the best camera on the S3 ;(

✌SG3/iPad2
    Attached Thumbnails Women of Android Central-1378422725803.jpg  
    09-05-2013 06:12 PM
    "Artsy" shot of my cat. Not the best camera on the S3 ;(

✌SG3/iPad2
    Gorgeous kitty! <3

Sent via Note II
    nolittdroid likes this.
    09-05-2013 06:34 PM
    I'm starting this thread because I'm feeling kinda lonely here. I know the number of women in tech is growing but as an older woman who lives and breathes tech everyday, I'm wondering how many others are here on AC...
    It's very important to have women involved in a tech site. Women see and remember things that men don't and men see and remember things that women don't. By working together we'll see more. It all has to do with the way we're socialized.

I had a Sociology professor who was talking about this very issue and how important diversity of the sexes was. She then performed a real simple experiment on the class without our knowledge that proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. Here's what she did:

There was a knock on the classroom door, a person entered and said, (something like) "There's a silver Dodge Omni Sport with aluminum wheel, hood scoop. moon roof and side pinstriping in the east parking lot leaking oil." and then left. She then told the class to write down the most detailed report that we could of what just happened. She collected all the reports and wrote the results on the blackboard by sex. The women in the class described in finite details the person who entered the room,ie, clothing, age, hair color hair style etc...The men did terrible describing the person. It was all over the place. No consistency at all. The men in the class described in finite details the car that was involved, type of car, wheels, scoop.moon roof.. etc...The women did terrible describing the car. It was all over the place. No consistency at all.

By working together we'll see more and get the whole picture.
    msndrstood, Aquila and nolittdroid like this.
    09-06-2013 08:46 AM
    And who wants to go to a party that's all men?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-06-2013 04:15 PM
    And who wants to go to a party that's all men?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    You mean kinda like the politics thread? No thanks. I'll take warm fuzzy tech any day. Btw, how's that X doing?

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    09-06-2013 04:21 PM
558 ... 45678 ...