09-20-2013 05:13 PM
368 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I did answer it and if you read that I didn't say it would necessary support Al Qaeda. Who over there should man up? you keep saying someone but who? Right Now Presidents and PM's of USA, France, Australia, UK (they lost the parliament vote), Turkey, Arab States have all expressed support. Now, your banging your drum about the deaths of troops. Right now the plan is not to have troops on the ground, that choice is clear. Secondly 100,000 have been killed in this conflict already, 1500 that we know from the breaking of international law. I don't think your feeling compassion, because right now you want them just to kill each other with no one to stop it. Think if it was your child in there, what would you do? Russia and China just want UN confirmation, I know you guys fear Russia, but China has been nothing but a good partner to my own country, nothing but a good partner. In every similar situation, they have expressed support with my nation and offered to deal with the matter for us. There is proof of who have sent it, its already been shown the intercept. Obviously someone wouldn't want to leak all the details of the exact phone call details would they as it could leak other intel. Ungratefulness? have you seen children thank soldiers before? I will post some.

Some are from Papua New Guinea, where we took over at one stage of the government. Others are from Villers-Bretonneu,France, where in a war - the ANZAC'S (Australian New Zealand Arm Corps) destroyed half the town to free them from foreign control, After the war they returned to rebuild the town out of guilt of destroying parts in conflict. This was mounted by the students also above every blackboard is the inscription "N'oublions jamais l'Australie" (Let us never forget Australia). I have also included the soldiers grave in France. SO yes, people do get grateful for foreign intervention
    No proof has been shown. If so post it. No one knows what happened. Only that it makes no sense that Assad would do this. He was winning.
    Do you not understand that Russia and China have said no to US intervention? Since your country has such good relations with them, lets let your country take the lead. Again with the cheerleading.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-04-2013 08:44 AM
    If Australia went in and declared lets say war, ANZUS, The Australia, New Zealand, United States Security Treaty would basically force the States hand to come in as well. I presume the treatie isn't just to allow the US carriers to sit in our ports to look pretty. It maybe so only the UN can provide a sanction and action, but if they do prove it was them - there would probably be boots on the ground rather than a strike by the allies.

Exclusive: Intercepted Calls Prove Syrian Army Used Nerve Gas, U.S. Spies Say | The Cable
    Could Syrian defector provide proof Assad used chemical weapons on his own people? Forensic expert prepares to reveal evidence as it emerges regime's troops are hiding among civilians ahead of possible airstrikes | Mail Online
    *note some imagines in the link may be disturbing.

As for our relationship with China, this is from our ex pm when she was in power till last month (kicked out off office by her own party) ""We have a standing dialogue ... a military-to-military dialogue, there will also be a policy-level dialogue which will happen between our military, so this is all about building trust and confidence and transparency for the future," Ms Gillard said. There will, however, be a new round of discussions between the Department of Defence, and China's People's Liberation Army, and a joint military friendship and culture week."
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:00 AM
    Now your accusing Syria of 9/11?

And if he attacked without congress, everyone would call him a dictator.

As for the deaths, thats why they want a missile strike.

I didn't say Syria was involved in 9/11. It's the Islamic extremists that see us front and center in all of these middle east skirmishes and vow revenge.

President Obama has said as much that he doesn't need congressional approval under the war powers act (and he doesn't). He wants to take back the majority in the House in 2014 he also wants all the money he can get from the House and knows he has a budget battle on his hands coming up. The decision to go to congress had nothing to with a perceived stretching of his power, it had everything to do with political cover and a foresight into the battles he is to face on $$$ with the house.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:12 AM
    I haven't said the US alone, My own country has offered to step in - however it doesn't want to be the only country in there. The opposition soon to be government clearly wants to step in but more diplomatic. The first issue is dealing and punishing for the breaking of international law, obviously the second phase would be trying to show broker peace between the minorities and the majority. To be honest, I think there is more communication internationally than you are told to be honest. I think if the congress rejects Obama's plan, he might have to go bush and go without congress.
    At what point in time can we expect other Arab countries to stand up to their neighbors that cause the "instability" that they want to avoid? We always hear about middle east peace, when are they gonna put some of their own manpower into that? Why do countries like the US, UK, AU, ect have to always get their hands dirty in this? Why can't some of these countries stop their own from ****ting where they eat? When is Jordan coming to help with the gang problem in the City of Chicago?

Don't get me wrong, we're gonna blow some crap up. Iran is watching afterall, but what we blow up is gonna be nothing more than for show. Assad has moved the important things into civilian locations so that if we do bomb those targets, we amass enough collateral damage that we look bad and Russia/China will be pointing fingers directly at us.
    09-04-2013 09:23 AM
    I did answer it and if you read that I didn't say it would necessary support Al Qaeda. Who over there should man up? you keep saying someone but who? Right Now Presidents and PM's of USA, France, Australia, UK (they lost the parliament vote), Turkey, Arab States have all expressed support. Now, your banging your drum about the deaths of troops. Right now the plan is not to have troops on the ground, that choice is clear. Secondly 100,000 have been killed in this conflict already, 1500 that we know from the breaking of international law. I don't think your feeling compassion, because right now you want them just to kill each other with no one to stop it. Think if it was your child in there, what would you do? Russia and China just want UN confirmation, I know you guys fear Russia, but China has been nothing but a good partner to my own country, nothing but a good partner. In every similar situation, they have expressed support with my nation and offered to deal with the matter for us. There is proof of who have sent it, its already been shown the intercept. Obviously someone wouldn't want to leak all the details of the exact phone call details would they as it could leak other intel. Ungratefulness? have you seen children thank soldiers before? I will post some.

Some are from Papua New Guinea, where we took over at one stage of the government. Others are from Villers-Bretonneu,France, where in a war - the ANZAC'S (Australian New Zealand Arm Corps) destroyed half the town to free them from foreign control, After the war they returned to rebuild the town out of guilt of destroying parts in conflict. This was mounted by the students also above every blackboard is the inscription "N'oublions jamais l'Australie" (Let us never forget Australia). I have also included the soldiers grave in France. SO yes, people do get grateful for foreign intervention
    You can't be that naive to think this will be a couple of bombs or missiles with no boots on the ground and make things better. You can't just bomb the hell out of a country and leave. You'll end up having someone worse in office that was there to begin with. No one has ever been dumb enough to bomb a country then leave so you don't have worse leadership..... Wait....... Forgot about Libya
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:50 AM
    If Australia went in and declared lets say war, ANZUS, The Australia, New Zealand, United States Security Treaty would basically force the States hand to come in as well. I presume the treatie isn't just to allow the US carriers to sit in our ports to look pretty. It maybe so only the UN can provide a sanction and action, but if they do prove it was them - there would probably be boots on the ground rather than a strike by the allies.

Exclusive: Intercepted Calls Prove Syrian Army Used Nerve Gas, U.S. Spies Say | The Cable
    Could Syrian defector provide proof Assad used chemical weapons on his own people? Forensic expert prepares to reveal evidence as it emerges regime's troops are hiding among civilians ahead of possible airstrikes | Mail Online
    *note some imagines in the link may be disturbing.

As for our relationship with China, this is from our ex pm when she was in power till last month (kicked out off office by her own party) ""We have a standing dialogue ... a military-to-military dialogue, there will also be a policy-level dialogue which will happen between our military, so this is all about building trust and confidence and transparency for the future," Ms Gillard said. There will, however, be a new round of discussions between the Department of Defence, and China's People's Liberation Army, and a joint military friendship and culture week."
    Again, we lead, we lose the most. Deny that one. As far as allies, the ones that do agree want to cheerlead. Go get em USA. That gets old here in the states. Lets see some other countries go put their boats out there in harms way.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    09-04-2013 10:34 AM

I hate to break it to you, but there has been and always will be senseless killing in the region no matter what. These people act like animals and nothing we do is gonna change that. I have a hard time feeling compassion for anyone who doesn't want to help themselves. I don't hear leaders of the Muslim world condemning any of their own. Maybe when I hear more Arab Nations stand up to other Arab nations I will, but we're dealing with countries that in some don't allow women to driver. Killing their own to keep order is no skin off their nose.

We don't fear Russia or China. We dislike both because of their willingness to put up road blocks simply because we're the USA. If Georgia was gassing their own people and Russia wanted to go in, we wouldn't stop them. We wouldn't block them simply because of our disdain for them. As far as China goes, if you get dragged into the N. Korea issue you'll stop looking at them with rose colored glasses.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-04-2013 11:47 AM
    President Obama has said as much that he doesn't need congressional approval under the war powers act (and he doesn't). He wants to take back the majority in the House in 2014 he also wants all the money he can get from the House and knows he has a budget battle on his hands coming up. The decision to go to congress had nothing to with a perceived stretching of his power, it had everything to do with political cover and a foresight into the battles he is to face on $$$ with the house.
    The decision to go to congress is believed to be based as he was voted in as someone who isn't Bush and his trying to show he some what respects others opinions, however, his paid to make the tough choices which often others won't make and sometimes he might have to play the cards his allowed. I know he doesn't, just because he exercises his powers which the people enabled him to have in no way makes him a dictator.
    At what point in time can we expect other Arab countries to stand up to their neighbors that cause the "instability" that they want to avoid? We always hear about middle east peace, when are they gonna put some of their own manpower into that? Why do countries like the US, UK, AU, ect have to always get their hands dirty in this? Why can't some of these countries stop their own from ****ting where they eat? When is Jordan coming to help with the gang problem in the City of Chicago?

Don't get me wrong, we're gonna blow some crap up. Iran is watching afterall, but what we blow up is gonna be nothing more than for show. Assad has moved the important things into civilian locations so that if we do bomb those targets, we amass enough collateral damage that we look bad and Russia/China will be pointing fingers directly at us.
    First, They are also developing nations, Secondly they aren't always as financially well backed as first world super-nations, thirdly, the arab league has expressed support already if you read my posts. Fourthly, Gang problems in Chicago isn't gassing citizens.

You can't be that naive to think this will be a couple of bombs or missiles with no boots on the ground and make things better. You can't just bomb the hell out of a country and leave. You'll end up having someone worse in office that was there to begin with. No one has ever been dumb enough to bomb a country then leave so you don't have worse leadership..... Wait....... Forgot about Libya
    I am replying based on the current plans, I presume no one wants an Iraq - but you have to admit yourself there needs to be an intervention.
    Again, we lead, we lose the most. Deny that one. As far as allies, the ones that do agree want to cheerlead. Go get em USA. That gets old here in the states. Lets see some other countries go put their boats out there in harms way.
    You do know your not the only country which has lost lives in war's before, yes you topped it for Iraq, but per capita in the major world wars, we had a significantly larger percentile of our population lost. If you would like to look above, that's some of their graves for taking on a force which was 10x larger in numbers. So I dare you, to walk up to one of their family members and say they Cheerlead, because at the end of their day their soldiers too who also have families.

I hate to break it to you, but there has been and always will be senseless killing in the region no matter what. These people act like animals and nothing we do is gonna change that. I have a hard time feeling compassion for anyone who doesn't want to help themselves. I don't hear leaders of the Muslim world condemning any of their own. Maybe when I hear more Arab Nations stand up to other Arab nations I will, but we're dealing with countries that in some don't allow women to driver. Killing their own to keep order is no skin off their nose.

We don't fear Russia or China. We dislike both because of their willingness to put up road blocks simply because we're the USA. If Georgia was gassing their own people and Russia wanted to go in, we wouldn't stop them. We wouldn't block them simply because of our disdain for them. As far as China goes, if you get dragged into the N. Korea issue you'll stop looking at them with rose colored glasses.
    Senseless killing, The states had senseless killing in its civil war. Not to mention, it wasn't that long ago you guys also had the KKK and lynching.... where they tried african american's limbs to horses, let the horse run and tare them apart. Now in retrospect thats completely wrong, so you can't say the states in history is much better. You do know Muslims believe in the Torah and Christian Bible right? Some countries just aren't as far in their development of equality yet, yes some females can drive if they have a doctorate. I doubt it is just to block the States, I think they might want a fair and due process too. If Georgia gassed its own citizens, I bet there would be international action and maybe the state of georgia wouldn't want Russia in. As far as the North Korea issue been, they have been rather helpful as they have been the ones talking down NK.
    09-04-2013 06:18 PM
    The decision to go to congress is believed to be based as he was voted in as someone who isn't Bush and his trying to show he some what respects others opinions, however, his paid to make the tough choices which often others won't make and sometimes he might have to play the cards his allowed. I know he doesn't, just because he exercises his powers which the people enabled him to have in no way makes him a dictator.

First, They are also developing nations, Secondly they aren't always as financially well backed as first world super-nations, thirdly, the arab league has expressed support already if you read my posts. Fourthly, Gang problems in Chicago isn't gassing citizens.

I am replying based on the current plans, I presume no one wants an Iraq - but you have to admit yourself there needs to be an intervention.

You do know your not the only country which has lost lives in war's before, yes you topped it for Iraq, but per capita in the major world wars, we had a significantly larger percentile of our population lost. If you would like to look above, that's some of their graves for taking on a force which was 10x larger in numbers. So I dare you, to walk up to one of their family members and say they Cheerlead, because at the end of their day their soldiers too who also have families.

Senseless killing, The states had senseless killing in its civil war. Not to mention, it wasn't that long ago you guys also had the KKK and lynching.... where they tried african american's limbs to horses, let the horse run and tare them apart. Now in retrospect thats completely wrong, so you can't say the states in history is much better. You do know Muslims believe in the Torah and Christian Bible right? Some countries just aren't as far in their development of equality yet, yes some females can drive if they have a doctorate. I doubt it is just to block the States, I think they might want a fair and due process too. If Georgia gassed its own citizens, I bet there would be international action and maybe the state of georgia wouldn't want Russia in. As far as the North Korea issue been, they have been rather helpful as they have been the ones talking down NK.
    smh smh smh

09-04-2013 06:25 PM
    09-04-2013 06:58 PM
    but you have to admit yourself there needs to be an intervention.
    So are you heading over there?......
    09-04-2013 07:02 PM
    admit to yourself*
    09-04-2013 07:04 PM
    Do people only listen to part of the news? Lets only use half of the equation when diagnosing a problem. Russia and China have not been considered. This is the most incompetent oversight in this whole discussion. That and the fact that either way, there will be a physco in charge in Syria. And these people in the senate act like both of these are non issues. They are BIG issues. We are tired of war. Tired of politicians doing their will instead of the will of the people.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    09-04-2013 07:29 PM
    Russia and China just want UN approval. Which if achieved won't too much of an issue. Politicians aren't always meant to do what the people want but what is best. Its why least over here all politicians are from legal and economical backgrounds.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2013 08:48 PM
    Russia and China just want UN approval. Which if achieved won't too much of an issue. Politicians aren't always meant to do what the people want but what is best. Its why least over here all politicians are from legal and economical backgrounds.

85% of the US people want nothing to do with this. That should matter to our politicians. No imminent threat to our national security. So us being in a war that we shouldn't be in is best for us? Wow...

09-04-2013 09:20 PM
    Obamacare got shoved down our throats too, even though all polls showed that the majority of Americans didn't want it.

And Fairclough -

You did know that Obama hit Libya without our approval right?

09-04-2013 09:33 PM
    Syria talks start today in the g20

09-04-2013 10:46 PM
    Obamacare got shoved down our throats too, even though all polls showed that the majority of Americans didn't want it.

And Fairclough -

You did know that Obama hit Libya without our approval right?

He is within his right under your constitution. If you didn't want it you should of voted for the opposition

09-04-2013 10:48 PM
    The Head of the I.R.S.?
    You don't know the guy was only in that position for a short time and barely had anything to do with the scandal?

I truly thought you had been more informed than this.

There were two individuals. One that was the head of the IRS, and one that was the head of the unit in question.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-2013 11:10 PM
    Are you so blinded by what party you are affiliated with you can honestly ask this? Americans were killed and no action was taken. An american embassy is american soil. We were invaded.
    I am not affiliated with either party, actually, so that's a non starter.

09-04-2013 11:12 PM
    Really...I have no credibility? You apparently don't pay enoungh attention to peoples posts to know what country people are from. This man always tries to pass things, when he fails to do so , he signs an executive order or just does it anyway. Example obamacare, once signed into law, he has no right to change the way its implemented without going to congress. He has done that twice.

Bush did that too.

I'll reiterate: when you call the president of the United states a dictator, you lose credibility.

09-04-2013 11:13 PM
    He is within his right under your constitution. If you didn't want it you should of voted for the opposition

Actually no, he isn't. James Madison explained in great detail in the Federalist Papers. That, and right here:
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:

[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Shall, not should have power.

Man, if this were Bush everyone would be up in arms about this.
    09-04-2013 11:19 PM
    Bush did that too.

I'll reiterate: when you call the president of the United states a dictator, you lose credibility.

And Bush was wrong for it as well.
    09-04-2013 11:25 PM
    Actually no, he isn't. James Madison explained in great detail in the Federalist Papers. That, and right here:
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:

[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Shall, not should have power.

Man, if this were Bush everyone would be up in arms about this.
    Educate yourself on the war powers act. Also, that section is fairly ambiguous, because 'declarations of war' are rarely issued, but conflicts still occur.

09-04-2013 11:27 PM
    Educate yourself on the war powers act. Also, that section is fairly ambiguous, because 'declarations of war' are rarely issued, but conflicts still occur.

Excuse me? Educate myself?
    When we bomb another country, we commit the act of war. Would we not consider it an act of war if someone were to bomb us?
    Maybe you should educate yourself on the difference of meanings in the word shall and should. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    09-04-2013 11:39 PM
368 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD