09-20-2013 05:13 PM
368 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Outlaws do not give a damn about laws, let alone lives. Same as the gun control argument.

CONSCIENCE is what stops people from doing bad things.

CONSCIENCE?
    You expect the world to sit there and hope that someone's conscience keeps them well-behaved? Has that worked so far?

Do you not realize that law actually does stop some that are on the fence about whether to do harm to other people or not?

Can we seriously only count on people's conscience to be good?

I don't think so. At all.

smh

Aquila and cdmjlt369 like this.
    08-30-2013 07:15 PM
    Dude, have a Snickers...

08-30-2013 08:38 PM
    Yeah, I kinda expected that response.

Our moral compass is just as dead.

Sent via Note II
    I think they might be a touch more concerned with starting a nuclear war as one launches a missile everyone else would follow suit. Everyone else, now how many people would that leave damaged? Lets not have the cubin missile crisis all over again.

War is never black or white, often its debated over the grey - however when you do nothing its the children who lose out in the end.

Every war these day's has a risk of that magnitude, but the fact is chemical weapons were used and its breaking international law.

Because they weren't using gas.

Have you seen someone be attacked by chemical warfare? Vietnam kids had their skin burning off as they ran down the streets crying because of it. Yes skin burning off. Its the way how they die which makes it worse.
    If you two want to go over there and fight so bad, get a gun, and an airline ticket and go. Why so quick to send others to fight and die for something we have no ties with, we won't win, and no one will appreciate it?
    08-30-2013 09:15 PM
    I like how he says 'our children and country are at stake at this point.' What about the children of Syria?

Posted via Android Central App
    They're caught in a civil war. Like so many children before them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2013 10:56 PM
    Nevermind the children then, just don't worry about them, don't think about them. It's okay, it's war, let them kill each other indiscriminately. Turn your eyes away, nothing to see here.

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didnt speak up because I wasnt a Communist...

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

...then they came for the Jews, And I didnt speak up because I wasnt a Jew...

When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemller (14 January 1892 6 March 1984) was a Protestant pastor and social activist.

Sent via Note II
    Frankly, when our blood and treasure is at stake, the decision becomes much more difficult than that.

08-30-2013 10:57 PM
    Every conflict has that potential these days. And we don't even have to be involved.

North Korea/South Korea

Pakistan/India

Israel/Iran/Syria

Japan/China

Notice they are all nuclear powers.

Sent via Note II
    Nothing quite like Syria. Many experts in geopolitics have been warning for quite some time that the middle east will be the cause of the next global war. Intervention is very dangerous.

Also, don't turn this into 'why are our kids worth more than theirs'. The question is: why does it fall on us in this case to intervene in a civil war. Wars happen. Death happens. If the US descended into civil war, I wouldn't expect foreign powers to intervene, and you shouldn't expect the US to intervene in Syria.

Serial Fordicator likes this.
    08-30-2013 11:01 PM
    Why does America always have to enforce everything? Then everyone hates us for being nosey

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    You are not the only country planning on going in, I bet you didn't realize that. To be honest, anything you enter were dragged into our our alliance :o
    If you two want to go over there and fight so bad, get a gun, and an airline ticket and go. Why so quick to send others to fight and die for something we have no ties with, we won't win, and no one will appreciate it?
    To be honest, If i was in the military I would as its what you sign up for and at this rate my nation doesnt allow us to buy guns to blow each others heads off. BTW why I gun I thought they're not weapons according the guns thread when rocks can do the same job -_-
    Nothing quite like Syria. Many experts in geopolitics have been warning for quite some time that the middle east will be the cause of the next global war. Intervention is very dangerous.

Also, don't turn this into 'why are our kids worth more than theirs'. The question is: why does it fall on us in this case to intervene in a civil war. Wars happen. Death happens. If the US descended into civil war, I wouldn't expect foreign powers to intervene, and you shouldn't expect the US to intervene in Syria.
    I actually think foreign countries would intervene, we have intervened on our own allies before and we still continue - probably why our troops are always in PNG even though our leaders no longer get a long (we may of charged one for having sex with a child and the other claimed about taking his shoes off in air port.). Death happens sure, but when your using chemicals its a whole different ball game. You might want to see the effect of napalm.
    08-30-2013 11:19 PM

Where did I turn it into our kids are worth more than theirs? Kids are kids and they didn't deserve to be gassed in their sleep at 2 am.

I'm done explaining things. Read all of today's posts, that's where I stand whether it's right or wrong in your view, it's my opinion. You have yours, we don't agree. One of us will be right. I hope it's you.

Sent via Note II
    08-30-2013 11:23 PM
    Where did I turn it into our kids are worth more than theirs? Kids are kids and they didn't deserve to be gassed in their sleep at 2 am.

I'm done explaining things. Read all of today's posts, that's where I stand whether it's right or wrong in your view, it's my opinion. You have yours, we don't agree. One of us will be right. I hope it's you.

Sent via Note II
    You need to be more careful about what you post if you're going to forget that easily.

My question to you is, is an American child worth more than a Syrian child? Where is that line drawn?
    That is not the right question to be asking.

08-30-2013 11:33 PM
    You need to be more careful about what you post if you're going to forget that easily.

That is not the right question to be asking.

And I'll admit to it then, I'll also admit I'm tired. I've been debating this all day. And my memory does fail me from time to time.

So you win.

Sent via Note II
    08-31-2013 12:20 AM
    The previous to the 16th century the clan was murdered over the hill for being different, due to their displacement and a different culture and a lack of standing, as the centuries moved on these clans over the hill turned into nations across the globe, fight to establish an empire and a slaughter of natives. The fact is, the world has shifted from the clan over the hill is the enemy to a global scale, globalisation, where the country on the other side is the market.

There is more understanding, an exchange of culture, their fundamentally on a global scale a neighbour.Grown with this understanding grew rights, we saw the freeing of slaves based on skin colour, we've seen multiculturism where blacks can live with whites. The fact is, we have developed as a world where a human is a human - were not the world where based on your skin colour you could be classified as plant (yes 50 years ago that was the case.) like it or not Syria is our neighbour in a global community, it is in everyone's backyard. Globalisation and understanding lead to international law, when law is broken we seek justice. Syria is in our international community and must a bid by the law as well. If you want to hide, your welcome to go Sweden*

The world stood by when the Armenian's were slaughtered over night, the world stood by when Germany broke the treaty of Versailles and put tanks in the Rhineland, The world stood by as he gassed Jews claiming no one would remember it as no one remembers the Armenian, the world stood by the African genocides and now your willing to allow thousands of children to be gassed? it is time, someone took a stand, grew a back bone, allowing our neighbours to do crimes against humanity encourages it. The night Hitler feared most was the night he put tanks in the Rhineland, he knew if the British took action he would be defeated, the lack of courage nearly left the whole world not using a spacebar*1 The world has shifted to a global community. Any action not taken, is not only blood on the ministers hands but our hands for the ones not telling the minsters who represent us. When the time comes, when your knocking on the big mans door no matter what your religion is, how will you answer to him when he asks why you let 500 children be murdered in a night? We are no longer a local community but a global, it is our responsibility to take care not only of our neighbours in a local level but a global. Yes the solution isn't black or white, but grey, but there has to be a way and a solution to the problem.

My solution isn't perfect, but recognising there is a problem is somewhere to start, than comes speaking up, we can no longer hide in our backyard and watch these crimes unfold year after year. If chemical weapons are acceptable for Assad to use, they could easily become "conventional" weapons of war in the Middle East and elsewhere, where will the line be drawn?

*Julian Assange joke - wiki leads founder, running for the Aus senate, but is hiding in an embassy as if he touches our soil he gets extradited.
    *1 German words are long and my girlfriend will kill me when she reads this as she is part German.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-31-2013 05:12 AM
    People need to take into account all of the circumstances. First of all, we have no confirmation of who actually did this. Then you have to realize that the Syrian rebels are Al queda. Not much of a choice in who you want to support. Demented syrian leader or demented syrian rebels who eat the hearts out of people. Israel is sitting on the edge of their seats because if obama does this then syria and iran will attack them. Russia and China both have a presence there and have stated that it would be perceived as an act of war. What kind of a death toll do you think that will lead to? Do you think a war in that region will be good for anyone in that region, including children. This is a no win situation. As they say, things can always get worse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-31-2013 09:06 AM
    This cannot be a good idea. They have ties to al Qaeda. We are still at war with them.

Why so fast to act on this and not act on Benghazi?
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    08-31-2013 09:42 AM
    This cannot be a good idea. They have ties to al Qaeda. We are still at war with them.

Why so fast to act on this and not act on Benghazi?
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    Because he put himself (and the rest of us) in this position by making the threat to take action but couldn't fathom the idea that his self-imposed greatness would be ignored.

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    08-31-2013 10:47 AM
    Because he put himself (and the rest of us) in this position by making the threat to take action but couldn't fathom the idea that his greatness would be ignored.

I also think part of it is his pride. I believe he is still twisted over the Snowden deal too. He doesn't want the appearance of being shunned twice by Putin. Thats why he should have kept his mouth shut, the UN should have conviened a meeting and took a vote and everyone lived with it.

08-31-2013 11:17 AM
    Than you have to worry about the countries sitting on Uranium, hence why most states our mining is prohibited for Uranium, but is only starting to begin again. There have been complex talks with foreign nations trying to ban the resale of our Uranium etc and one complication was countries wanted us to take the waste product which we refused to do.

Agreed, to some extend it is genocide, its an ugly mix.

I actually think most nations do have a steak, Globally when the reports when around - most stock markets crash, that can indicate there is steaks around the world. Ours crashed on the back of mining companies, some say Syria, but who knows. I think there is most countries anywhere, just some more than others. I love how the US hate the Russians so much.
    While I agree that other countries have a stake in things due to world currancy/stock concerns, that's different from the DIRECT financial interest Russia has. Hence the reason you hear Russia crowing about this more then other countries.
    08-31-2013 11:45 AM
    I'm out until after the strike.

Sent via Note II
    palandri, Fairclough and Aquila like this.
    08-31-2013 12:14 PM
    I'm out until after the strike.

Sent via Note II
    LOL! I guess you won't be coming back. Republicans are already saying they will vote no for a variety of reason, like, it doesn't go far enough, It too late now, Obama should have acted sooner, where is the money for funding 200 missles at 1 million dollars a piece.

I think it was a smart move by Obama, he can blame it on congress now.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-31-2013 03:40 PM
    LOL! I guess you won't be coming back. Republicans are already saying they will vote no for a variety of reason, like, it doesn't go far enough, It too late now, Obama should have acted sooner, where is the money for funding 200 missles at 1 million dollars a piece.

Yes, because you guys make me feel so welcome. Pffttt.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough and Aquila like this.
    08-31-2013 04:58 PM
    Yes, because you guys make me feel so welcome. Pffttt.

Sent via Note II
    Deb -

It wouldn't be the same here without you. Don't leave! None of my personalities would like that.

(Not even Hector)

08-31-2013 05:04 PM
    Deb -

It wouldn't be the same here without you. Don't leave! None of my personalities would like that.

(Not even Hector)

Syria-uploadfromtaptalk1377987853930.jpg

Just for you Danny.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough and Aquila like this.
    08-31-2013 05:24 PM
    People need to take into account all of the circumstances. First of all, we have no confirmation of who actually did this. Then you have to realize that the Syrian rebels are Al queda. Not much of a choice in who you want to support. Demented syrian leader or demented syrian rebels who eat the hearts out of people. Israel is sitting on the edge of their seats because if obama does this then syria and iran will attack them. Russia and China both have a presence there and have stated that it would be perceived as an act of war. What kind of a death toll do you think that will lead to? Do you think a war in that region will be good for anyone in that region, including children. This is a no win situation. As they say, things can always get worse.
    There has been plently of leaked intell, first its obvious by the video - no external damage to all the bodies only internal, secondly intercepted messages between the leaders discussing the strike than after, i love how America has this big fear of China - in every relation my country has had with them, peace was brought up and there was almost a treat but it wasn't able to sign due to our current treaties. There is already war in the region basically, to be honest it could be actually better for the children clearing groups out of area's.

You do realize generally war and the use of weapons boosts the economy,.
    08-31-2013 07:54 PM
    There has been plently of leaked intell, first its obvious by the video - no external damage to all the bodies only internal, secondly intercepted messages between the leaders discussing the strike than after, i love how America has this big fear of China - in every relation my country has had with them, peace was brought up and there was almost a treat but it wasn't able to sign due to our current treaties. There is already war in the region basically, to be honest it could be actually better for the children clearing groups out of area's.

You do realize generally war and the use of weapons boosts the economy,.
    None of this intel has been shared with the public. No logical reason to not share this information. Other than it doesn't support his case.

08-31-2013 08:15 PM
    It was shared. He just said he couldnt go into detail. Now if the government leaked all of their Intel it wouldn't be very secret would it?

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    08-31-2013 09:01 PM
    It was shared. He just said he couldnt go into detail. Now if the government leaked all of their Intel it wouldn't be very secret would it?

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    That's a cop out. The world knows we spy on everyone. Intercepted phone call yet we haven't heard it.

08-31-2013 09:09 PM
368 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD