In remembrance ...

09-11-2013 10:30 AM
    Well, I broke my own rule of never, ever posting in the "Politics" thread, but thought this would be the exception. I still remember this chilling moment in history like it was yesterday
    A very surreal memory.
    09-11-2013 12:32 PM
    The remembrance is not political.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
    09-11-2013 12:37 PM
    Well, I broke my own rule of never, ever posting in the "Politics" thread, but thought this would be the exception. I still remember this chilling moment in history like it was yesterday
    A very surreal memory.
    Yes, it is.
    I was still living there when it happened and was only able stare in disbelief when I saw the second plane coming from my left as I drove toward the towers to get a better look at what was happening to the first one.

Ricky Babalu and TomsAndroid like this.
    09-11-2013 12:43 PM
    Yes, it is.
    I was still living there when it happened and was only able stare in disbelief when I saw the second plane coming from my left as I drove toward the towers to get a better look at what was happening to the first one.

I cant even begin to imagine being so close. My praise and admiration to all those that rushed to the scene to help.
    09-11-2013 12:50 PM
    The remembrance is not political.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
    You're absolutely correct, and I thank you for pointing that out.

09-11-2013 01:13 PM
    So... I don't think that our behavior is worthy of the sacrifice. 12 years in and it almost hurts more now, because the failure to rise up and defend the freedoms we whisper about while watching them carved apart in an obvious and malevolent abuse of the memories of 2,996 bodies, as many as 6,000 more injured and the insanity of the aftermath in which we killed at least a hundred thousand civilians at nearly a 2.5:1 ratio (to enemy soldiers), all. for. oil? Some estimates indicate more than a million casualties by the end of 2007.

It was a shock when it happened and despite all the bold faced lies and mistakes that followed, we still could have chosen to unite the states again in a common mission of spreading peace through our ideals, leading by example. Instead we forsook our duties and remain derelict to this day, using 9/11 as a badge in defiance of reason, as an excuse for hatred and segregation, as an opportunity for profit. I'm sorry if this isn't the warm fuzzy that we'd all love to share, but we lost much more of America to the actions of the Corporate Congress and their lackey courts than was wrought by our terrorist minions gone astray.

I want to honor the memories of our friends that fell and those that picked up the torch for retribution. I want to believe we can use tragedy to grow. We are weaker now than ever before those planes took off. No additional security has been provided in exchanged for the liberties carved out of our soul. Maybe the most noble action we can take, is to lash back and bravely stare down the blade held at our throat, choking off speech and equality, spreading fear and misery through propaganda, economic and intellectual enslavement and distraction from our highest ideals.

Maybe the most noble action we can take is to forget our tears and direct our kindled rage at those who betrayed our nation when we were most vulnerable, to take back our country and resume the pursuit of the dream. We were great once, and it was because we were on a mission. Not just to gain as much as possible in stuff and shiniest things and power, but to show the world what a culture bred on liberty and personal responsibility could become. It was rough and it was possible to fail, but it was also possible for the people to move mountains in the political and economic realms, despite the corruption. That is what we lost on 9/11 and that abject failure as a culture is what turned a badly stinging flesh wound into a gaping abyss in the center of our very soul. That's what I'm furious about.
    09-12-2013 04:46 AM
    lol, ^^ thread killer? sorry about that.
    09-12-2013 04:01 PM
    lol, ^^ thread killer? sorry about that.
    It was an excellent post, no need to apologize.

msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    09-12-2013 04:15 PM