10-23-2013 04:26 PM
125 ... 345
tools
    So how is not voting for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon any different than people voting for obama because he is black?
    Not voting for Romney doesn't help Romney win the election. Voting for Obama (for whatever reason) brings Obama one step closer to the presidency. In a tight election, every vote counts. Furthermore, no one has to explain their vote. People's reasoning for picking a particular candidate can be good or bad, but their vote still counts. A vote is a vote.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-10-2013 09:52 PM
    If you bow back in, I'll post a picture that you'll LOVE.

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    This limited-time offer only stands for a limited time, Deb, so what's the verdict?

10-11-2013 07:19 AM
    You're baiting me Danny, I'm tired of being bullied in here, if I stay, I'll end up getting banned, I've had enough. You know where to find me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3 now Free
    10-11-2013 08:06 AM
    You're baiting me Danny, I'm tired of being bullied in here, if I stay, I'll end up getting banned, I've had enough. You know where to find me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3 now Free
    Ok

10-11-2013 08:59 AM
    Sorry. Have a beer, you'll feel better. :beer:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-11-2013 09:01 AM
    Sorry. Have a beer, you'll feel better. :beer:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    lol, ok, sounds good to me!

msndrstood and Fairclough like this.
    10-11-2013 09:08 AM
    We're having a good chat, let's try to keep that going please.
    roger that!
    10-11-2013 03:21 PM
    Not voting for Romney doesn't help Romney win the election. Voting for Obama (for whatever reason) brings Obama one step closer to the presidency. In a tight election, every vote counts. Furthermore, no one has to explain their vote. People's reasoning for picking a particular candidate can be good or bad, but their vote still counts. A vote is a vote.
    That is true.
    10-11-2013 03:28 PM
    That is true.
    Honestly, if you had asked me if Republicans would choose Romney (a Mormon) over 4 more years of Obama, I would have said Republicans would choose Romney. That fact that some Republicans had a problem with Romney's religion to a point where they would either stay at home on election day or vote for Obama shocks me to this day.

I often wonder how Romney would handle the current government crisis and the debt ceiling, but we'll probably never know. That part of history will never come to fruition since I don't think Romney will run for office again.
    10-12-2013 09:02 PM
    Honestly, if you had asked me if Republicans would choose Romney (a Mormon) over 4 more years of Obama, I would have said Republicans would choose Romney. That fact that some Republicans had a problem with Romney's religion to a point where they would either stay at home on election day or vote for Obama shocks me to this day.

I often wonder how Romney would handle the current government crisis and the debt ceiling, but we'll probably never know. That part of history will never come to fruition since I don't think Romney will run for office again.
    He has "binders full of women", I am sure there a plenty more qualified Republican politicians. I do however wonder where we would be with John McCain. It is a shame.

✌SG3/iPad2
    10-12-2013 11:05 PM
    He has "binders full of women", I am sure there a plenty more qualified Republican politicians. I do however wonder where we would be with John McCain. It is a shame.

✌SG3/iPad2
    I've often wondered where we'd be if any Presidential election in the past ~20 years had gone the other way.
    10-13-2013 09:38 AM

That is such a shame. Like I have said before, I do not care what religion, race, sex, orientation, ect, you are. The issue is can you do the job. I would never not vote for someone based on their religion. Just like I would never let race be a determining factor. It is not relevant to their ability to do their job.
    10-13-2013 02:04 PM
    The issue is can you do the job.
    I think in Obama's case, people were happy in how he handled Hurricane Sandy. (NJ Governor Chris Christie, a Republican, seemed to appreciate Obama's efforts.) Killing Osama bin Laden also helped boost Obama's election chances. People probably gave him another chance at office to handle the national debt and health care.
    10-15-2013 12:45 AM
    I think in Obama's case, people were happy in how he handled Hurricane Sandy. (NJ Governor Chris Christie, a Republican, seemed to appreciate Obama's efforts.) Killing Osama bin Laden also helped boost Obama's election chances. People probably gave him another chance at office to handle the national debt and health care.
    I have my own beliefs on the whole Osama issue. However, I do not see him doing anything to improve debt and health care.
    10-15-2013 04:30 PM
    I have my own beliefs on the whole Osama issue. However, I do not see him doing anything to improve debt and health care.
    I have a feeling that if the US were able to capture or kill Osama bin Laden during the Bush administration, we might be living under the McCain administration by now. Seriously, did anyone expect Obama to announce to the American people that bin Laden was successfully eliminated with no American casualties? Most people probably forgot about bin Laden. Others thought he was already dead or just living in some cave in the mountains. Even if we knew where he was hiding, I don't think most people would expect Obama to have the guts to order a strike within Pakistan, a presumed allied country. There was a high chance the mission would fail, just like what happened under the Carter administration.

It's fine if you don't feel that Obama will fix the nation's debt and health care. The problem is that just enough people believed in Obama on election day.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:14 PM
    Interesting fact China holds 1.5 trillion of US Debt, right now I am glad were only sitting on 33 billion.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-15-2013 07:07 PM
    I have a feeling that if the US were able to capture or kill Osama bin Laden during the Bush administration, we might be living under the McCain administration by now. Seriously, did anyone expect Obama to announce to the American people that bin Laden was successfully eliminated with no American casualties? Most people probably forgot about bin Laden. Others thought he was already dead or just living in some cave in the mountains. Even if we knew where he was hiding, I don't think most people would expect Obama to have the guts to order a strike within Pakistan, a presumed allied country. There was a high chance the mission would fail, just like what happened under the Carter administration.

It's fine if you don't feel that Obama will fix the nation's debt and health care. The problem is that just enough people believed in Obama on election day.
    I never NEVER forgot about Bin Laden (I lived in NYC when it happened). How could ANYBODY, at least in the U.S. ever forget what happened that day?

10-15-2013 07:20 PM
    Actually, it seems that this once great country HAS forgotten, and now we are divided, and shall fall accordingly.

10-15-2013 07:23 PM
    I never NEVER forgot about Bin Laden (I lived in NYC when it happened). How could ANYBODY, at least in the U.S. ever forget what happened that day?
    Let me see if I can explain this with an analogy. Forgetting bin Laden is like forgetting that you're blinking your eyes or breathing. I know that I'm blinking constantly during the day and I'm breathing every minute, but it will often slip out of my conscious mind. It's something important that I'm constantly doing, but unless I'm focusing on them, I'll eventually forget about them.

Osama bin Laden was always the number one terrorist to get, but there was less urgency to get him over time. It started out that we needed to get him, dead or alive. Then he was on the run in the mountains of Afghanistan. Then the US got involved in Iraq, where we were looking for Saddam Hussein. After a while, it became less important to get him because people believed US forces in the Middle East had shattered the al-Qaeda network. Again, some people thought bin Laden was already dead. Others thought he was living in a cave, cut off from the rest of the world. In any case, bin Laden was out of sight, out of mind.

Now that Osama bin Laden is dead, I fear the same thing will happen again. People will forget that al-Qaeda, the organization responsible for 9/11, is still out there. The next terrorist to get is Ayman al-Zawahiri, bin Laden's deputy and current leader of al-Qaeda. Hopefully you didn't forget about him, especially since there's a $25 million reward for finding him.
    10-15-2013 08:48 PM
    Actually, it seems that this once great country HAS forgotten, and now we are divided, and shall fall accordingly.
    Don't lose hope. I'll go outside and turn on the Bat signal.
    10-15-2013 08:50 PM
    Don't lose hope. I'll go outside and turn on the Bat signal.
    10-4

10-15-2013 10:53 PM
    I think in Obama's case, people were happy in how he handled Hurricane Sandy. (NJ Governor Chris Christie, a Republican, seemed to appreciate Obama's efforts.)

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-16-2013 07:36 PM

•• Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    It was pretty scary. Like yourself llamabreath, I will NEVER forget that day.
    10-19-2013 03:54 PM

•• Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Abraham Lincoln.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    10-19-2013 03:56 PM
    I do however wonder where we would be with John McCain. It is a shame.
    John McCain was an interesting choice. I think his stance on waterboarding may have hurt his chances and made him look weak on national security, but I can understand where he was coming from. (McCain was tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.) He is in favor of reducing government spending and cutting taxes, so a lot of people like him for that.
    10-23-2013 04:26 PM
125 ... 345