01-28-2014 11:20 PM
249 ... 8910
tools
    Google has poor health care because they employee doctors to five free health care to employees.

Price doesn't change the quality.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-29-2013 11:06 PM
    Agreed. Look at how much the government spends on anything and then how poorly that aspect is ran.

But your Google reference is different from being a forced situation like a government instituted universal healthcare.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-30-2013 12:01 AM
    Google has poor health care because they employee doctors to five free health care to employees.

So you are using a successful voluntary practice by a private company to argue for mandated public policy. Right...

- - - Updated - - -

So you are using a successful voluntary practice by a private company as an example to argue for mandated public policy. Right...
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-30-2013 07:50 AM
    So you are using a successful voluntary practice by a private company to argue for mandated public policy. Right...
    I've heard a lot of people say that the government should behave more like a business. The key difference is that a successful company like Google can control its expenses and operate under a sensible budget. That's not true with the federal government, but perhaps we can change that.
    10-30-2013 01:33 PM
    And when a business makes bad choices, it goes out of business. Can't exactly let our government do that, but I think having someone in there with a business background would be a good thing in that respect.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    10-30-2013 01:51 PM
    I've heard a lot of people say that the government should behave more like a business. The key difference is that a successful company like Google can control its expenses and operate under a sensible budget. That's not true with the federal government, but perhaps we can change that.
    Also, if Google were to hit hard times, you can guarantee services like this would be axed for the greater good of the company. When was the last time our government axed anything? Nasa arguably? With the hard economic times or the last 10 years, it is absurd to think the government has done nothing but grow and increase its burden on the citizens.

Furthermore, the government does not have to please costumers and compete in a market. If the government runs out of money for something, it either robs its citizens or goes into debt(delayed robbing of citizens).
    qxr likes this.
    10-30-2013 03:00 PM
    Also, if Google were to hit hard times, you can guarantee services like this would be axed for the greater good of the company.
    Cutting a service is possible, but I think Google would simply charge its employees for health care instead. Still, you make a good point about how government keeps growing and places a burden on people.

Is there a way to expose the government to market forces? I don't know if we can do that in a traditional sense, but I'm trying to think outside the box here.
    qxr likes this.
    10-30-2013 04:30 PM
    I Sony think any government can run very efficient by nature, regardless of intentions. That's one of the reasons they should be kept as small as possible.
    cdmjlt369, qxr and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-30-2013 04:49 PM
    Agreed. Look at how much the government spends on anything and then how poorly that aspect is ran.

But your Google reference is different from being a forced situation like a government instituted universal healthcare.
    Universal is not forced. We have private hospitals. Until this year I was a private one, private room etc now I just use public with insurance for dentists.

palandri likes this.
    10-31-2013 04:30 AM
    I Sony think any government can run very efficient by nature, regardless of intentions. That's one of the reasons they should be kept as small as possible.
    With a small government do you think regulation will still be effective?

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    11-03-2013 06:03 PM
    With enough enforcement arm, yes.
    11-03-2013 07:13 PM
    With enough enforcement arm, yes.
    The problem is that one person's opinion of "enough" is another person's opinion of "too much" government.
    11-08-2013 12:48 AM
    The problem is that one person's opinion of "enough" is another person's opinion of "too much" government.
    That's why I specified the "enforcement arm". As regulations increase, you need more people to enforce them. Conversely, a small government with far fewer rules would have much less need of that. Probably exponentially so, as having less regulations would allow for less complexity and easier compliance.

Taxes are a great example. I'm a big supporter of the Fair Tax plan and there should be a thread in this section where I discussed it in depth if you want to read more about it. But basically the IRS as we know it would be disbanded and all federal income taxes would be halted in lieu of a national sales tax. That one change would reduce the entire tax code to less than 200 pages (how many thousands is it currently?), simplify the lives of everyone and every business, and an overall more efficient way of collecting taxes. Now there will still be need to have people that can enforce those smaller rules and regulations. Who knows how many, but their jobs would be easier and less of them needed than there are now. The point is, even if the enforcement arm of the new system needs a lot of people in it, that doesn't necessarily coincide with how much "government" there is.
    11-08-2013 02:02 AM
    Obamacare:

To insure the uninsured, we must first make the insured uninsured, and then make them pay more to be insured again, so the original uninsured can be insured for free.
    qxr likes this.
    01-21-2014 01:36 PM
    Are we still beating that dead horse?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri and GadgetGator like this.
    01-21-2014 01:48 PM
    The Let the working poor suffer/die in the emergency room option stopped being politically appealing I suppose

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    palandri likes this.
    01-21-2014 01:55 PM

I found it comical because it's actually what was happening.
    01-21-2014 02:21 PM

Maybe the horse would have pulled through if he had Obamacare.
    SteveISU and qxr like this.
    01-21-2014 04:17 PM
    Maybe the horse would have pulled through if he had Obamacare.
    Very possible.

qxr likes this.
    01-21-2014 04:41 PM

So the horse is suddenly dead because the Media moved on to something else? Doesn't the population of our country still have the same problems it had a couple of weeks ago?

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    qxr likes this.
    01-21-2014 07:15 PM
    So the horse is suddenly dead because the Media moved on to something else? Doesn't the population of our country still have the same problems it had a couple of weeks ago?

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    No, but the answers are still the same.

01-21-2014 08:59 PM
    No, but the answers are still the same.

Some of the answers are still viable ones. Get the government out of the business of health insurance. Make a national MINIMUM health insurance policy (not one where 58yr old women are carrying maternity because the ACA standards dictate she does) that is not for profit, everyone must purchase. (Ie....the swiss system). Turn the entire country into a pool and let insurance companies compete with each other to sell you supplemental.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 07:54 AM
    Universal Health Care works, in a least a few years you can get treatment. Look at Britans national health care, and the Veterans hospitals. Everyone is technically covered and doesn't have to pay but they dont get close to the same access to care as we have had in America.
    01-26-2014 03:34 PM
    Zguy, How do I have less care then you in America?
    I am Australian, I am on a basic conver e.g. dental and physiotherapy, used to be on private hospital cover. I would say our public hospitals are just as good if not better then your private. Our Privates are similar to our public, the difference is you get a private room and book your appointment. On statistics with national health, age expectency etc, our free system has shown to be better for our health and a lower cost (for both the citizen and the government). SO can you please tell me how we universal does not come close to the US health system - where on statistics people are living poorer physically and forking out more money to live worse off.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-28-2014 11:20 PM
249 ... 8910